New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  12:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Updated to December 31, 2014

Hi All:

The AYP website and support forums have seen 1.7 million unique visitors from 230 countries and territories, and 14 million page views (hits) since Google Analytics record-keeping started in July 2007.

The following graph, data and map links cover AYP website and support forum traffic statistics since July 2007. Statistics for 2003-2006 are not included.

All Traffic - July 2007 to Dec 2014
Unique Visitors = 1,657,029
Visits (new + returning) = 3,266,963
Page Views (hits) = 14,000,947
------------------------------------

Full Year 2014
Unique Visitors = 661,712
Visits (new + returning) = 1,049,056
Page Views (hits) = 2,476,825

Full Year 2013
Unique Visitors = 321,554
Visits (new + returning) = 579,735
Page Views (hits) = 1,898,054

Full Year 2012
Unique Visitors = 193,379
Visits (new + returning) = 383,906
Page Views (hits) = 1,651,116

Full Year 2011
Unique Visitors = 142,759
Visits (new + returning) = 344,024
Page Views (hits) = 1,801,534

Full Year 2010
Unique Visitors = 133,276
Visits (new + returning) = 330,947
Page Views (hits) = 1,983,504

Full Year 2009
Unique Visitors = 112,923
Visits (new + returning) = 280,632
Page Views (hits) = 2,020,749

Full Year 2008
Unique Visitors = 82,492
Visits (new + returning) = 218,804
Page Views (hits) = 1,604,371

6 Months 2007 (Full Year Estimates = 6 Month Stats x 2)
Unique Visitors = 55,894 (full year estimate)
Visits (new + returning) = 159,718 (full year estimate)
Page Views (hits) = 1,129,588 (full year estimate)

Regional Maps and Statistics

For those who are interested in regional traffic details, below are Google maps and statistics showing AYP website traffic distribution for the world, zooming in on the most active countries and regions.

World - All Countries/Territories (July 2007 - Dec 2014) -- or view by city
World - All Countries/Territories (12 Months Ending Dec 2014) -- or view by city

Most active countries/regions (July 2007 - Dec 2013):

1. United States - All -- or view by city

50 states - most active first: CA, NY, PA, FL, TX, VA, IL, MI, CO, MA, NJ, WA, GA, OH, WI, MN, AZ, MD, NC, OR, CT, LA, UT, DC, TN, IN, MO, RI, NM, KS, MT, AL, IA, NV, OK, HI, KY, SC, VT, WV, AR, NE, NH, MS, ME, ID, DE, AK, SD, ND, WY

2. United Kingdom and Ireland
3. India
4. Canada
5. Australia and New Zealand
6. Germany
7. France
8. Sweden
9. Lebanon
10. Spain
11. China (mainland), Hong Kong and Taiwan
12. Mexico
13. Netherlands
14. Czech Republic
15. Italy
16. Brazil
17. Israel
18. Norway
19. Finland
20. Singapore
21. Belgium
22. Bulgaria
23. Vietnam
24. Switzerland
25. Japan
26. United Arab Emirates
27. Malaysia
28. Argentina
29. Portugal
30. Thailand
31. Russia
32. Poland
33. South Africa
34. Romania
35. Philippines
36. Croatia
37. Indonesia
38. Greece
39. Austria
40. Hungary
41. Turkey
42. Denmark
43. Pakistan
44. Saudia Arabia
45. Nepal
46. Columbia
47. Chile
48. Slovenia
49. Ukraine
50. Trinidad and Tobago
51. Egypt
52. Slovakia
53. Iran
54. New Caledonia
55. Serbia
56. Bahrain
57. Mauritius
58. South Korea
59. Sri Lanka
60. Peru
61. Costa Rica
62. Uruguay
63. Venezuela
64. Seychelles
65. Morocco
66. Estonia
67. Lithuania
68. Nigeria
69. Qatar
70. Bangladesh
71. Kuwait
72. Puerto Rico
73. Kenya
74. Syria
75. Ghana
76. Latvia
77. Dominican Republic
78. Jordan
79. Macedonia
80. Cyprus
81. Iceland
82. Oman
83. Ecuador
84. Guatemala
85. Panama
86. Georgia
87. Luxembourg
88. Algeria
89. Cambodia
90. Malta
91. Kazakhstan
92. Bosnia and Herzegovina
93. Belarus
94. Laos
95. Iraq
96. St. Vincent & Grenadines
97. Jamaica
98. Tunisia
99. Azerbaijan
100. Libya

Demographics from "AYP on YouTube"

Age and Gender - Dec 2008 - Dec 2013 (based on 324,000 video views)

Note: The geographical distribution of AYP on YouTube video views is similar to the Google stats above. Since Google does not cover age and gender demographics, the YouTube stats for this are included here.

Wishing you the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  8:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

As a side note, AYP also reaches a lot of people who never come to the websites.

The experience I've had with introducing AYP to people is that not more than 25% have visited the websites more than a few times, with maybe 10% visiting regularly. In my case, most that I am in contact with have learned the practices from the DM book. So AYP is far more reaching than these statistics give it credit for.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  1:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Hi Yogani,

As a side note, AYP also reaches a lot of people who never come to the websites.

The experience I've had with introducing AYP to people is that not more than 25% have visited the websites more than a few times, with maybe 10% visiting regularly. In my case, most that I am in contact with have learned the practices from the DM book. So AYP is far more reaching than these statistics give it credit for.

Hi Anthem:

Thank you.

It is good to know there is a lot of independent study and practice going on out there, far beyond what we can see here on the internet. That is how it should be. Ultimately, I hope this will lead to many more independent meditation groups, retreats, international translations, research, etc.

Of course, anyone who visits the AYP website or forums even only once will be included in the "unique visitor" total. If they are only dropping in once or twice (pretty common, as you say), there will be less shown from them in the "page views" (hit) count. This would account for the average ratio of page views to visitors being what it is. Some make many more return visits to the website than others, and it all averages out to the stats we see here.

The reason these traffic stats have been posted publicly is not to harp on the necessity for web activity. It is more in keeping with the philosophy of openness of information in AYP. In these times, more than at any time in the past, the transmission of spiritual knowledge is part of everyone's path. So it is good for all of us to know what is going on with AYP around the world.

These stats can also be viewed as an indication of what is happening with yoga-related spiritual practices in general worldwide. The regional maps and stats are particularly revealing on this. They really show you where the action is going to be in the 21st century, and where more attention may be needed.

These stats are to remind us that AYP is a toolbox with a global reach, and that it can be a significant help to many people in many cultures.

With the evidence of steady growth, it can inspire us to do more to help increase the availability of spiritual practices to many more people around the world who may be inclined to take advantage. For those who can use the knowledge, we'd like to have it available in the most useful form possible. When we have done that, then it is up to each practitioner to take responsibility and move ahead through the process of human spiritual transformation as they are called to from within.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  2:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The above website statistics have been updated as of March 31, 2009.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  12:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The above website statistics have been updated as of June 30, 2009.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani
Looking at Ireland I see there are 4,825 visits, which is pretty cool and represents just over 1 visit per head of population.
Wasn't expecting so many
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What about the land of the cedars?!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:

Hi Christiane,

If the land of the cedars is the Lebanon (please forgive my lack of education), then it is listed on this page:

http://www.aypsite.org/images/AYPsite-world.pdf

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Hi Yogani
Looking at Ireland I see there are 4,825 visits, which is pretty cool and represents just over 1 visit per head of population.
Wasn't expecting so many

I must be going barmy, I guess we have more than 4,825 people in Ireland. Nevertheless it;s still a good count
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,

I didn't like to say anything... so I'm glad you spotted it first.

I think there are a few million Irish... but it is still a good count on the web stats.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  9:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

quote:

Hi Christiane,

If the land of the cedars is the Lebanon (please forgive my lack of education), then it is listed on this page:

http://www.aypsite.org/images/AYPsite-world.pdf

Christi

Oh! thank you! the statistics are quite impressing!
I feel less lonely

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The above website statistics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of September 30, 2009.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  10:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The above website statistics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of December 31, 2009.

With it being year end, the most active countries/regions maps and statistics have been updated also.

All the best for 2010!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  11:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
Excellent stats.! As you say, very revealing. It speaks volumes about the universality and secularity of the teachings.I am however puzzled that even though India has contributed to a lot of your teachings, the "visitors" from India are a lot less than what I would have expected. But I expect these figures to change dramatically.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  2:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish:

India is an interesting study. The AYP stats point to a few things.

First, as you noticed, the land of yoga is yet to catch on to the AYP approach. Perhaps because thousands of traditional gurus are available to the broad population (over 1 billion) in India. At the same time, those who have been migrating to a modern industrial lifestyle (about 300 million?) may be rejecting the old traditions, and have not yet seen AYP as part of a new way of approaching spiritual development that is compatible with the modern lifestyle, and even compatible with (supplementing) the ancient spiritual traditions.

Your comments over here provide more perspective on the situation: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3426#61841

What may not be obvious from the AYP stats is that traffic from India is accelerating. If you look at the 2.5 year country ranking, there is a significant gap in traffic between the UK and India. If you look at the country ranking in the 2009 stats (about 2/3 of the way down the PDF), you will see that in 2009 the gap between the UK and India traffic became almost nil. It is pretty clear that India is passing the UK in traffic, probably having more traffic than the UK in the second half of 2009. Let's face it, a country with 1 billion people will bring more traffic than a country with 60 million. It is only a matter of time.

The next one for India to overtake in AYP traffic is the USA. That might take a while. I'm all for it.

It is interesting to look at the distribution of AYP traffic in India. The Chennai/Bangalore area (where you are) is the most active AYP region, with the Mumbai/Pune area running second, and the Delhi/New Delhi area running third. So the big modern cities are where AYP is finding readership. It's not surprising, considering the progressive approach we are pursuing here, geared to unfolding spiritual progress within a modern lifestyle in a self-directed fashion.

India is a sleeping giant in so many ways. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with AYP there. Your help in spreading the word is much appreciated. Not one sharing goes in vain. As you said in your other post, the potential is huge. All things in good time.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  11:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
Another point of interest might be to check (if possible) how many of the visitors from countries other than India are actually of Indian origin. I expect there would be many.
Krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Yogani,
Another point of interest might be to check (if possible) how many of the visitors from countries other than India are actually of Indian origin. I expect there would be many.
Krish

Hi Krish:

While I don't have statistics on that, it has been a large number (maybe 10-20%) seen here in email (and in the forums) over the years from USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East and elsewhere. These are people from India living the modern lifestyle around the world, and may well represent the path of full-scope yoga in India in coming years. So, yes, good point. India reaches far beyond her borders these days.

Some have said that the rich spiritual heritage of India is fading under the pressure of modern industrial society. I don't think this is true. It is transforming to meet the need of the times, as it always has. People everywhere have an inherent need to cultivate their infinite inner potential -- more now than ever. So adaptions and integrations of the ancient wisdom for more effective application are sure to continue in the modern age. AYP is but one example of this.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  07:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Far from fading, I think there is a huge upsurge, worldwide,in (benign)spiritual activity. It is palpable in India, as I am sure it must be elsewhere, fundamentalism and fanaticism notwithstanding in some areas.
krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  08:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Far from fading, I think there is a huge upsurge, worldwide,in (benign)spiritual activity. It is palpable in India, as I am sure it must be elsewhere, fundamentalism and fanaticism notwithstanding in some areas.
krish

Definitely, but not necessarily the way traditionalists would like. Nevertheless, change is happening on the deepest levels. "The Shine" is emerging in everyone, everywhere.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  10:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely,yes.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Because Google Analytics does not provide age and gender demographics, these have been added for 2009 from AYP on YouTube at the bottom of the above website statistics (first post in this topic).

You might find it interesting. I did.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  11:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The above website statistics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of March 31, 2010.

The most active countries/regions maps and Youtube demographics are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

Wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

PS: World map and stat links are now provided for both July 2007 - March 2010 and 12 Months Ending March 2010, so more recent country/territory activity can be seen in relation to the whole.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  2:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of June 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through June 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

dgunz11

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  09:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of June 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through June 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

Thanks yogani for updating.

john
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of September 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through September 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  04:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Updated September 30, 2010

Hi All:

The AYP website and support forums have seen 317 thousand unique visitors from 212 countries and territories, and 5.7 million page views (hits) since Google record-keeping started in July 2007.

The following graph and data links from Google cover AYP website and forum traffic statistics. The graphs show monthly data.

All Traffic - July 2007 (when Google data started) to September 2010
Unique Visitors = 317,480
Visits (new + returning) = 825,022
Page Views (hits) = 5,695,675

12 Months Ending September 2010
Unique Visitors = 129,131
Visits (new + returning) = 321,094
Page Views (hits) = 2,014,739

Full Year 2009
Unique Visitors = 112,923
Visits (new + returning) = 280,632
Page Views (hits) = 2,020,749

Full Year 2008
Unique Visitors = 82,492
Visits (new + returning) = 218,804
Page Views (hits) = 1,604,371

6 Months 2007 (Full Year Estimates = 6 Month Stats x 2)
Unique Visitors = 55,894 (full year estimate)
Visits (new + returning) = 159,718 (full year estimate)
Page Views (hits) = 1,129,588 (full year estimate)

Regional Maps and Statistics

For those who are interested in regional traffic details, below are Google maps and statistics showing AYP website traffic distribution for the world, zooming in on the most active countries and regions.

World - All Countries/Territories (July 2007 - Sept 2010)
World - All Countries/Territories (12 Months Ending Sept 2010)

Most active countries/regions (July 2007 - Dec 2009):

1. United States - All
(most active states - California, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, Texas)

2. United Kingdom and Ireland

3. India

4. Canada

5. Germany

6. Sweden

7. France

8. Australia and New Zealand

Demographics from "AYP on YouTube"

Age and Gender - Jan 2009 - Sept 2010 (based on 126,000 video views)

Note: The geographical distribution of AYP on YouTube video views is similar to the Google stats above. Since Google does not cover age and gender demographics, the YouTube stats for this are included here.

Wishing you the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000