Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantric sex and birth control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  3:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Well, I suppose once you become a master of Trantric sex, birth control is not a problem. However, as I understand it, semen can be released before the point of ejaculation is reached, not to mention the odd mishap while still practicing!

Both our kids are grown up and left home and an unwanted pregnancy would be just that – unwanted. So, I am interested in people’s views regarding birth control.

My partner is not on the pill, nor would I want her to be. As far a condoms go, I don’t know about every one else, they might be just about expectable for “a mad dash”, but I find them hopeless for Tantric type sex. I can’t see that the blocking method can be considered as a form of contraception as, again, semen could still be released before that point.

So, what about vasectomy? Would this effect yogic practices in any way?

I’ve not seen this covered in any of the lessons so far, but I’m sure that I’m not the only who has thought about this. Any ideas?

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Echo:

Here are several discussions on vasectomy and yoga:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=354
http://aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=785
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1174
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1481

Obviously, it can be addressed on the woman's side too, with health and spiritual impacts to be considered. The pill is chemically/hormonally invasive, and even an IUD can affect the spiritual energies in some women, so it is not an easy decision.

Draw your own conclusions. Any additional perspectives are welcome.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  5:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the links, Yogani! I think a visit to the doctors may be in order.
Go to Top of Page

afrotantra

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  11:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit afrotantra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The female version of the deer exercise combined with ejaculation control in the male should be sufficient for any couple to prevent conception. Both have to be practiced for at least 2 months. In the meantime, fertility awareness combined with ejaculation control should work. I used nothing external to control birth for five long years, and when I wanted to conceive it took several months to get pregnant, it worked so well. Just a thought. Hope it helped.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  03:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, here is my take. I was in a ten year relationship and used tantric birth control with no mishaps. On the other hand there were always worries and fears. So, after this relationship ended I went and got a vasectomy. The only problem with giving an accurate assesment of it is that after my vasectomy I went for some time being not sexually active. During this period I also practiced AYP very regularly with kechari and siddhasana so we have several variables in the mix.It has been 2 years since the operation so I think that i can give a more fair assesment of the experience and result. My sex drive does seem to have settled to some degree with less sexual tension and a lower urge for sexual stimulation. The times that I have had sex since the operation have been fine with no performance problems but I feel that the general edge to my sex drive is less, with more interest in intimate contact with a loving partner and less urge for the act itself. Is this good or bad? Good question. At this time I find myself in a long distance relationship with a woman who is a number of years younger than I am and has quite a healthy drive. We have intense visits with long gaps in between so it is again hard to assess how my sex drive has been effected. When I am with her I would like to have the drive I had 10 years ago though in between visits I feel fairly content sexually with little urge to go play around so its hard to say. She is very happy that I had the operation because that means no worries as she has no desire for children and actually has some problems that would make pregnancy not a good thing, so its good so far. I still experience the same energy loss from ejaculation that I did before but it actually feels like it takes a few more days to "recharge" than it did before. Is this due to normal aging?(i am in my mid 40s) or due to the vasectomy? I really don't know but at this time it is really difficult to advise one way or the other as far as yoga is concerned. sorry to be this vague but in all honesty I am really not sure.
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  05:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Ok, here is my take. I was in a ten year relationship and used tantric birth control with no mishaps. On the other hand there were always worries and fears. So, after this relationship ended I went and got a vasectomy. The only problem with giving an accurate assesment of it is that after my vasectomy I went for some time being not sexually active. During this period I also practiced AYP very regularly with kechari and siddhasana so we have several variables in the mix.It has been 2 years since the operation so I think that i can give a more fair assesment of the experience and result. My sex drive does seem to have settled to some degree with less sexual tension and a lower urge for sexual stimulation. The times that I have had sex since the operation have been fine with no performance problems but I feel that the general edge to my sex drive is less, with more interest in intimate contact with a loving partner and less urge for the act itself. Is this good or bad? Good question. At this time I find myself in a long distance relationship with a woman who is a number of years younger than I am and has quite a healthy drive. We have intense visits with long gaps in between so it is again hard to assess how my sex drive has been effected. When I am with her I would like to have the drive I had 10 years ago though in between visits I feel fairly content sexually with little urge to go play around so its hard to say. She is very happy that I had the operation because that means no worries as she has no desire for children and actually has some problems that would make pregnancy not a good thing, so its good so far. I still experience the same energy loss from ejaculation that I did before but it actually feels like it takes a few more days to "recharge" than it did before. Is this due to normal aging?(i am in my mid 40s) or due to the vasectomy? I really don't know but at this time it is really difficult to advise one way or the other as far as yoga is concerned. sorry to be this vague but in all honesty I am really not sure.

Hi Victor,

Thank you for an interesting post.

I know it may sound strange, but I see getting a vasectomy as an extension of my yoga. I think it is a matter of peace of mind, of being able to let go of those “worries and fears”.

Over the years I have found that the edge has gone from my sex drive, which as I see it, is a blessing. However, it is still healthy and I’d quite like to make the best use of it while I can! In fact, the AYP seems to have stoked it up a bit!

“I feel that the general edge to my sex drive is less, with more interest in intimate contact with a loving partner and less urge for the act itself. Is this good or bad?”

I’d say that’s good.

BTW - I've got an appointment for a consultation on Thr. - though I prefer not to think about it!

Edited by - Echo on Jan 29 2008 06:30:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
However, as I understand it, semen can be released before the point of ejaculation is reached, not to mention the odd mishap while still practicing!

Yes it certainly can. This may happen much more in some men than in others, and there is no known way to know if it happens for a given person or not. So 'coitus interruptus', which is what birth-control by ejaculatory avoidance is called, may work very well for some people, and very poorly for others. The only way to be sure if it works for you is to spend several years doing it, and if you don't get pregnant, it's probably working, and if you do, it's not. So much for peace of mind.

I wouldn't use tantra (or any form of coitus interruptus) as general birth control. In cases when the effectiveness of the birth control is not so crucial (for example, a couple would rather not have a child now, but might like one in a few years and it would be no big deal if it came earlier) then it might be an option.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by afrotantra

The female version of the deer exercise combined with ejaculation control in the male should be sufficient for any couple to prevent conception. Both have to be practiced for at least 2 months. In the meantime, fertility awareness combined with ejaculation control should work. I used nothing external to control birth for five long years, and when I wanted to conceive it took several months to get pregnant, it worked so well. Just a thought. Hope it helped.

Hi Afrotantra, and welcome!

I assume by "fertility awareness" you mean the "rhythm method" -- avoiding sex during ovulation. That is one we have not seen mentioned here. Thanks much for adding it.

Thanks also for bringing up the Taoist deer exercise for women. I was not aware that it could play a significant role in birth control (see article below, dug up from the web).

As with most things yogic, it takes an effective integration of methods to achieve the desired result. Male vasectomy (or female tube tying), while certainly effective for birth control, may not be panaceas. It is a matter of choice, yes? The more information available for consideration the better.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
--------------------

Note: The below is not an AYP endorsement. Just "Grist for the mill," and plenty of it too.

Deer Exercise for women and men, from: http://iamthegoddess.tribe.net/thre...3f2983911e1e (see post by Jeremiah on date shown)

Birth Control and The Deer Exercise for WomenTue, February 28, 2006 - 4:22 AM
I noticed that no one has mentioned the Taoist Deer Exercise as a method of birth control. I recommend this exercise to healers as a method of self-healing in the lower chakra and to allow them to hold more chi or kundalini or sehkem. Some have reported that it has regulated their cycles, eliminated PMS and in some cases actually turn back the blood. Please check it out and know that this is a daily discipline, usually done skyclad and occassionally with a partner. There is a similar exercise for men which you should read as well.. I'll paste it after the one for women.
Blessed Be,
Jeremiah

The Deer Exercise for Women

As you do the two steps of this exercise, "feel" the fire or energy generated in your sexual glands and feel it rise upward along the spine into the breasts and the head. (Never try to use visualization to help the energy rise.) Linking mind and body is a prerequisite for the harmonious and powerful functioning of vital energy. Bringing this energy to the pineal gland in the head is the Divine purpose.

First Stage
1. Sit so that you can press the heel of one foot against the opening of the vagina. You will want a steady and fairly firm pressure against the clitoris. If it is not possible to place your foot in this position, then place a fairly hard, round object, such as one of the steel balls commonly sold in boxed sets in Chinese shops, against the vaginal opening. (You may experience a pleasurable sensation due to the stimulation of the genital area and the subsequent release of sexual energy.)
2. Rub your hands together vigorously. This will cause heat in your hands by bringing the energy of your body into your palms and fingers.
3. Place your hands on your breasts to that you feel the heat from your hands enter into the skin.
4. Rub your breasts slowly in outward, circular motions. Your right hand will turn counter-clockwise; your left, clockwise.
5. Rub in this circular manner for a minimum of thirty-six times or a maximum of 360 times up to two times a day. It will not be necessary to do 360 hand rotations once a woman has succeeded in stopping her period. Less than 100 rotations, twice a day, will suffice to maintain a suspension of menstruation once it has stopped. A woman is the best judge of when she should suspend or resume menstruation. Resumption occurs after cessation of the exercise.)

Second Stage This exercise can be done sitting or lying down.
1. First, tighten the muscles of the vagina and anus as if you were trying to close both openings, and then try to draw the rectum upward inside the body, further contracting the anal muscles. When done properly this will feel as though air is being drawn up into the rectum and vagina. Hold these muscles tight for as long as you can comfortably.
2. Relax and repeat the anal and vaginal contractions. Do this as many times as you wish.
NOTE A You may insert a finger into the vagina when you do the contractions, to determine the strength of your contractions.
NOTE B The lips of the vagina are sensitive and must be massaged and stimulated during the Deer Exercise. Sitting on the heel of a foot or a ball serves this purpose. Finger pressure also serves this purpose, but if finger pressure is used on the vaginal lips, it is important to rub the lips and press each of the twelve pressure points surrounding the opening in a clockwise motion. Alternatively, your partner can rub the vagina. This is very beneficial because the energy that flows through the hands of one partner flows into the body of the other. (In the man's Deer Exercise, the woman can do the rubbing and holding of the testicles.)

If a woman finds it tiring to use both hands at once to do the breast rubbing, she can use one hand on the opposite breast while the other hand rests. Or, the free hand can be used to stimulate the vaginal opening in place of the heel. Another method is that the man rubs both breasts while the woman rubs or presses her vagina with her hand. As you can see, this is very flexible exercise which can be adapted to individual preference.

The first few anal and vaginal contractions may be hard to do. Eventually, though, you will be able to increase the number of times you can do it as well as the length of time you are able to hold the contractions. When done properly, a pleasant feeling will travel from the base of anus through the spinal column to the top of the head. This is caused by the build-up of sexual energy and its movement up through the glandular system to the pineal gland at the top of the head.'

The outward rubbing of the breasts is called "dispersion," and it helps prevent lumps and cancer of the breast. It will also decrease the size of breasts that are too large and flabby. Reversing this direction to an inward motion, so that the right hand circles clockwise and the left hand circles counter-clockwise, is called "stimulation" and its effect is to enlarge undersized breasts.

Do this exercise in the morning upon arising and at night before retiring.

When you practice the Deer Exercise, try to avoid touching the nipples. A woman's nipples are very sensitive and easily over-stimulated.

If the exercise is done correctly, a woman will notice an increased sensitivity in her nipples.

Menstruation

A woman's sexual organ system consists of four inter-related parts: the vagina, the uterus, the ovaries, and the breasts. Their inter-relationship can be observed during the course of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing. Menstruation ceases during these events, and the blood that would be lost during menstruation goes to nourish the baby. After the child is born, the energy is converted to milk for nursing. Menstruation resumes only when nursing stops.

So, stimulating the breasts whether through nursing or massage, as in the Deer Exercise, actually stimulates all the sexual organs. Most women find the exercise very pleasurable, many even reaching orgasm with it.

The Deer Exercise stops menstruation for the same reason that nursing prevents it. When the Deer Exercise is performed, the body reacts just as if a baby were regularly sucking on the breast. The body rushes blood to the breasts rather than the uterus. Taoists refer to this phenomenon as "turning back the blood" because it reenergizes the entire body, expecially the sexual organs.

For thousands of years, the Deer Exercise was used as a technique of family planning. But its main use was for maintaining a youthful countenance. Historical records show that women famous for their beauty consistently use the technique even after giving birth to many children.

The length of times required to stop the menstrual cycles varies by individual. Most women accomplish this within two weeks to six months, but some require as long as a year. All that can be said is that if you practice the exercise diligently, it will happen.

Women should not perform the Deer during pregnancy. The energy generated by the exercise combined with the accompanying increased stimulation of the sexual gland might induce premature labor. Using the Deer Exercise during the menstrual period is permissible., In fact, it usually brings almost immediate relief from menstrual discomfort.

Doing this exercise will correct menstrual irregularities. It will eliminate menstrual cramps and strengthen sexual ability. If you do the exercise with more than the recommended minimum of thirty-six hand rotations twice a day, — as much as 360 times twice a day — you can stop menstruation totally. But on one condition. You must not let your thoughts wander to other matters.

When doing the Deer Exercise, it is important to concentrate on the divine purpose, as it is very easy to become sexually stimulated. If the menstrual period does not stop, practice the Deer more frequently. Work at it a little harder and concentrate on the Divine purpose, even when the body becomes stimulated.

The Deer Exercise will not prolong a woman's fertile period. Menopause will still arrive on schedule at the time specified by the individual's biological clock. However, the problems usually associated with menopause will not appear.

The biological aging process will stop at the point where the Deer Exercise begins to work. If you stop your period at age twenty, you will never look older than twenty years of age. So as you can see, the earlier you begin the Deer Exercise, the younger and healthier you will be. (This also applies to men.)

Furthermore, many students used this method to assist family planning. There were extremely satisfied with it because no chemicals, surgery, or side effects were involved.

www.nine3.com/DeerWoman.html
======================

The Deer Exercise for Men

The Deer Exercise achieves four important objectives. First, it builds up the tissues of the sexual organs. Second, it draws energy up through six of the Seven Glands of the body into the pineal gland to elevate spirituality. (There is a hormone pathway that leads from the prostate, connects with the adrenal glands, and continues on to the other glands.) Concurrently, blood circulation in the abdominal area is increased. This rush of blood helps transport the nutrients and energy of the semen to the rest of the body.

When energy is brought up into the pineal gland, a chill or tingling sensation is felt to ascend through the spine to reach the head. It feels a little like an orgasm. If you feel a sensation in the area of the pineal gland, but do not feel the tingling sensation in the middle of the back, do not worry. Your sensitivity will increase with experience. If after some time you still cannot sense the progress of energy, certain problems must be taken care of first.

Self-determination is the third benefit derived from the Deer Exercise. If one gland in the Seven Gland system is functioning below par, the energy shooting up the spine will stop there. A weakness is indicated, and special attention should be given to that area. For example, if the thymus gland is functioning poorly, the energy will stop there. The energy will continue to stop there until the thymus gland is healed. When the thymus is again functioning normally, the energy will then move further up along the spine towrad the pineal gland. If the energy moves all the way up to your head during the Deer Exercise, it indicates that all the Seven Glands are functioning well and that there is no energy blockage in the body,. If you do not feel anything during the Deer Exercise, a blockage is indicated. The movement of energy can be felt by everyone if no dysfunctions are encountered.

The fourth benefit of the Deer Exercise is that it builds up sexual ability and enables the man to prolong sexual intercourse. During "ordinary" intercourse the prostate swells with semen to maximum size before ejaculating. During ejaculation, the prostate shoots out its contents in a series of contractions. Then, sexual intercourse ends. With nothing left to ejaculate, induce contractions, or maintain an erection (energy is lost during ejaculation), the man cannot continue to make love. But, if he uses the Deer Exercise to pump semen out of the prostate in small doses, pumping it in the other direction into the other glands and blood vessels, he can prolong intercourse.

Under ordinary circumstances, when the Deer Exercise is not used during intercourse, it will be harmful to interrupt orgasm or prolong intercourse by ordinary means. Under ordinary means, the prostate remains expanded for a long time, unrelieved by the pumping action of the ejaculation, until the semen is carried away by the blood stream. But the prostate is somewhat like a rubber band: it must be allowed to snap back to its original form, otherwise continuous extension will bring about a loss of elasticity. When the prostate loses its elasticity, its function is impaired and it is damaged. The Deer Exercise prolongs orgasm and intercourse, but it protects the prostate by relieving it.

The Deer Exercise is a physical exercise as well as a mental and spiritual exercise. It improves one's sexual abilities as it builds up the energy reserves within the body. Over time, the mental processese are heightened as well, and the outcome is often a glowing feeling of inner tranquility, which is a necessary prerequisite for the unfolding of the golden flower. This exercise may be done standing, sitting, or lying down.

First Stage — The purpose of the first stage is to encourage semen production

Rub the palms of your hands together vigorously. This creates heat in your hands by bringing the energy of your body into your hands and palms.

With your right hand, cup your testicles so that the palm of your hand completely covers them. (The exercise is best done without clothing.) Do not squeeze, but apply a slight pressure, and be aware of the heat from your hand.

Place the palm of your left hand on the area of the pubis, one inch below the navel.

With a slight pressure so that a gentle warmth begins to build in the area of the pubis, move your left hand in clockwise or counterclockwise circles eighty-one times.

Rub your hands together vigorously again.

Reverse the position of your hands so that your hleft hand cups the testicles and your right hand is on the pubis. Repeat the circular rubbing in the opposite direction another eighty-one times. Concentrate on what you are doing, and feel the warmth grow. For all Taoist exercises, it is very important — indeed, it is necessary — that you concentrate on the purpose of the physical motions, for doing so will enhance the results. It will unify the body and mind and bring full power to the purpose. Never tro to use the mind to force the natural processes by imagining fires growing in the public area, or any other area. This is dangerous.

Second Stage — Tighten the muscles around the anus and draw them up and in. When done properly, it will feel as if air is being drawn up to your rectum, or as if the entire anal area is being drawn in and upward. Tighten as hard as you can and hold as long as you are able to do so comfortably.

Stop and relax a moment.

Repeat the anal contractions. Do this as many times as you can without feeling discomfort.

As you do the second stage of the exercise, concentrate on feeling a tingling sensation (similar to an electric shock) ascend along the pathway of the Seven Glands. The sensation lasts for fractions of a second and results naturally. Do not try to force this with mental images.

Some teachings suggest that thoughts should be used to help or guide energy flow. Those who make these suggestions misunderstand the nature of energy. There are six forms of energy: mechanical energy, heat energy, sound energy, radiant energy, atomic energy, and electrical energy. We emit electrical energy. The electrical energy in man differs drastically from that used to run a house, for example. The electrical current in the average house fluctuates at 60 cycles per second; in men, 49,000,000 cycles per second. The latter figure is about half that of light, which travels at 186,000 miles per second. So when a man starts to think or breathe, the electrical energy will have already reached its destination. Our thoughts, breaths, etc. are too slow to guide the flow of electrical energy.

What occurs at the unconscious level was not meant to be subject to the control of the conscious mind. If the conscious mind interfere with something it was not evolved to control — helping or guiding electrical energy through visualization, thoughts, etc., — it can cause a great deal of damage. Its interference with the natural progress of energy can cause schizophrenia, brain damage, and a host of other problems. Taoists call these calamities "Disintegration into Evil."

The Deer Exercise is extremely safe — provided, that is, it is not supplemented with techniques of other teachings. For show, various incompatible techniques are often thrown together to create spectacular techniques, but the results are often disastrous. Lao-Tse said, "My way is simple and easy." And true Taoist methods ARE simple and easy.

NOTE A At first you may find that you are able to hold the anal sphincter muscles tight for only a few seconds. Please persist. After several weeks you will be able to hold the muscles tight for quite awhile without experiencing weariness or strain.

NOTE B To determine whether the Deer Exercise is having an effect on the prostrate gland, try this test: as you urinate, try to stop the stream of urine entirely through anal muscle contractions. If you are able to do so, then the exercise is effective.

NOTE C Pressure is being placed on the prostate gland as it is gently massaged by the tightening action of the anal muscles. (The anus can be thought of as a little motor which pumps the prostate gland.) Thus stimulated, the prostate begins to secrete hormones, such as endorphins, etc., to produce a natural high. When the prostate goes into spasms, a small orgasm is experienced. By alternately squeezing and relaxing the anus during the Deer Exercise, a natural high is produced without having to jog ten miles or endure the side-effects of running.

NOTE D Do this exercise in the morning upon rising and before retiring at night.
www.nine3.com/DeerMan.html
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  1:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Note: It is possible that either of the exercises copied above may cause excessive kundalini energy flows, especially if being added to an existing daily routine of yoga practices -- particularly one involving mudras, bandhas and advanced pranayama methods. There can be a risk of overdoing whenever adding "same in class" practices. In AYP, we call it the "doubling up" effect. So be mindful of the risk and always self-pace practices as necessary to keep things on an even keel.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  01:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani
Can I ask you something.....

My period is reduced to almost nothing....the "fall of energy" that used to happen every menses is not happening anymore. After the death of my mother this fall (when the bleeding went on non-stop for several weeks), everything returned to normal for a few months. I have always been like clockwork when it comes to my period. Every 29 days on the dot. This winter the bleeding slowly reduced and now it is almost gone....just traces. The funny thing is.....I am not in menopause. I can tell, because the rest of the cycle is there. There is not a trace of "irregularity".....I feel very, very healthy.

So.....is it common, that the "circle" i find myself in (as to Kundalini) eventually ....thins out..... the bleeding?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  10:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

So.....is it common, that the "circle" i find myself in (as to Kundalini) eventually ....thins out..... the bleeding?

Hi Katrine:

So it has been said in quite a few writings on advancing spiritual development, including in the above article on the Taoist Deer Exercise, which offers a "cause and effect" (practice) for reducing menstruation. It seems logical that an awakened and advancing kundalini, by whatever means, could have the same effect.

Your experience could be due to a combination of things, as is so often the case. Obviously, the strong emotions associated with the loss of your mother have had an effect, as have likely your dramatic inner energy developments (kundalini) in recent years. Pre-menopause can't be entirely ruled out either.

I can't go too far with this, because I do not have the direct experience to support any conclusions. The main thing is that you are feeling well and moving ahead in life and in spirit.

Perhaps there are other ladies here who can add perspective on this?

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
However, as I understand it, semen can be released before the point of ejaculation is reached,

I agree with David above. I have been practicing tantra for the last 2 years or so and in my case, I do experience a small amount of semen release even on times I do not ejaculate. I do not go exclusively without ejaculation (yet, maybe I will in the future) probably having regular ejaculatory orgasm once a week or so.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  1:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:

I don't know about many women, but I know something about Amma, the hugging mother. She stopped bleeding in her early twenties. I don't know if you have ever met her, but to give you some idea about the "circle" she is in, if I am within 20 feet of her, I can feel it.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  3:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi
I just have to tell you......that 20 min ago I was sitting in my sofa enjoying being alone and silent, when I suddenly felt a strong pull. The pull told me to turn on my lap top, enter You Tube and search for "Amma".
I have heard of Amma once before(through the Australian woman that told me to "stay home")......but I have never met her, nor have I ....inquired about her.

Anyway.....what popped up was a video where you see Amma hugging (or I'd rather call it 'pouring....radiating.... her love through touching........embracing 'another'). It was so........effortless. So joyous.....so compassionate. So very simple. It makes you smile and your eyes become stars.

I sat still for a few moments afterwards. Then I clicked on the AYP Forum in my Favorites......and up popped you, Christi. And your words on Amma

The call....the pull..... to continuously.......touch the ones in need is very deep felt. How it will be done, I don't know. All i know is that it will be done with this body. Although there is poetry, music, writings......these are.....secondary. Not in value, but in.....fact. Since the 'instancy' of what is written is....lost....while as the very fact of the shine is ....immediate information. The shine.....speaks....a silent language. It can be transmitted. I am sure of it.

I pray to the shine........I keep asking it permission to.....do its work. It is all that matters to me. I am here for my daughters, of course....this is very important....this is indeed naturally any mothers....loving obligation.....not a duty...just a natural outcome. This has - up until now - been my primary work. But my daughters are almost grown. They are ready to share. And I am ready to expand the field of......responsibility.

So thank you for bringing up Amma. Not for the importance of the stopping of the bleeding; but for bringing her light to my attention. I will call her name.

Thank you so much Christi......for staying tuned.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

quote:
I can't go too far with this, because I do not have the direct experience to support any conclusions. The main thing is that you are feeling well and moving ahead in life and in spirit.

Yes!
Thank you for responding. I just finished the self inquiry book.....I can't thank you enough. You really simmered it down to clear essentials. It clarified some facts that I have pondered....thank you for being so.....to the point For not making it so difficult....for not complicating......you are a wizzard at this, Yogani

Thank you for always sharing of yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  11:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just so that you know:

I called Ammas name that night......I called her presence.
That very night, the bleeding started again.

Along with the bleeding came the insight that "asking the shine to do it's work" is not necessary. I know you all know this, but I acted like I'd forgotten that we are all already moved by the shine. Therefore; to ask for permission to do the work of the shine, is akin to somehow "own" something that isn't mine for the taking....and never was....never will be.

My task is to stay relaxed.....to stay still.....to never forget that I owe everything to the shine. Every breath is the breath of the shine. My task is to continue melting into this understanding. In time.....everything will come of it. Not of me.

This coincides with a job shift where I work. I came so very close to accepting a new position that involved a lot more responsibility....and more money. But - the result would be more tension. More stress. Less space. In a flash I saw the trap i was alluring myself into. I couldn't let that happen. The cost of helping cannot be less presence....less stillness. No. I will just have to be patient....to allow for natures own pace.

I was so happy when the decision was made....i could fly! Also - it became very obvious that I am where i am at work for thepeople there. Something happened the very same day at work.....that just made it very clear that i am right where i should be. The touch is already happening......it is spreading all over...

It is so simple....in order to expand further....in order to merge with the shine.....I have to be relaxed. All the time relaxed....no matter what I do. Or else....it is just me acting....following my own private agenda.

I am facing a lot of financial insecurity right now. But this incident made it clear to me that the worst that could happen is not that I will struggle financially. The worst that could happen is that I lose the relaxed inner state. Of course.....too much financial struggle will also cause stress. But....there are other ways of dealing with this situation. It is possible "to do" and to be. Effortlessly.

Yogani.....Christi...

Thank you !!!

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  11:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amma....
Thank you too

I hope I get to be with you one day soon.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  2:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

Have you seen this thread on Amma?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3289

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  4:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much, Louis.......
You know......it is all coming together......

My youngest daughter has spent the week-end with me......and we spoke of......deep issues. She is like......a very innocent, yet very mature being. Very honest.....she keeps me in check. She....of her own accord...is slowly attracting herself to...questioning the validity of her existence. I am very careful not to....push understanding on her. But when she asks, I answer her the best I can....and we have this deep, deep connection. I feel so blessed to be her mother!

After she left I sat down and watched Amma videos on Utube. The hum grew louder and louder in the room......until i couldn't take it anymore. I turned the film off....and then started noticing thought tracks in my head....notions, images....that were not pure. Each time something popped up....I didn't know what to do with it, so i gave it to Amma. It was so.....obvious....that I am nothing but these notions. I sat there until they stopped.....and then all I could feel was this one single, unanimous insight:

I have no heart!

It was so obvious.....that i am heartless. Flat. The feeling was terrible, but since Amma was there already.....I could give that too to her. Afterwards I just felt emptiness. Not painful - just a deadness.

Then I saw your post...
While I was watching the video you suggested .....Ammas face changed into mammas face. They merged.....after a while I couldn't tell one from the other.....

And with it came a...piercing pain in my heart.....the grief over losing mamma seems unending.......I cried and cried (I am still crying).....

So...
The bleeding....or rather, the stopping of it, was the resistance to that grief. And with the blood.....the grief surfaced. Louis.....thank you.

I am still crying.
But I am in my heart, so I smile too. You were right. Both are possible at the same time.

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  02:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Katrine,

I've been looking info on relationship between kundalini awakening and menstruation thining or stopping through the sexual yoga my wife and myself practice. This domain is not very well documented but our personal experience confirms that left hand tantra changes menstruation patterns and ease a lot pre-menopause syndrom.

Some schools even say that mastering menstruation can be an equivalent sign or marker to mastering semen retention for a man. They even go deeper by saying that menopause can be used as kundalini awakening system.

It is also interesting to use menstruation blood to deepen a spiritual bond with your spouse which is a very powerful magick practice.

Albert
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  09:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Albert.

I will keep you posted if something else occur in this department.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  3:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

quote:
While I was watching the video you suggested .....Ammas face changed into mammas face. They merged.....after a while I couldn't tell one from the other.....

I love that video, I go back to it often.
The workings of Amma are very strange to me. I can appreciate completely how Amma changed to your Mother/Mamma. After I experienced her first through a darshan I began to experience energies in connection with another person I felt close to, then it seemed to change completely to Amma, it was confusing because there seemed a strong link between Amma and this other person.

Recently, what seems to be happening is that when I link Amma with other people with whom I have a strong connection, it is like the energy effect is multiplied, like as if Amma is acting through them. Or another explanation might be that in linking to Amma I can appreciate the energies of the other person/s, but how it actually works is a mystery to me.
This is probably an ongoing development from me tuning into trees with the Ma energies, but now with those people I mentioned it is so much more powerful.
It is starting to get to the self-pacing stage now, so must be careful.

It is marvelous that you can tune into Amma without having met her. I hope you get to meet her soon.

It was six months after my own mother died that I began to grieve, it took me totally by surprise but opened my heart in the process. Working with Amma seems a beautiful way of being with your grief, she is so strong and compassionate, she will hold you.
quote:
The bleeding....or rather, the stopping of it, was the resistance to that grief. And with the blood.....the grief surfaced. Louis.....thank you.
We are all in it together and things unfold in our togetherness
quote:
I am still crying.
But I am in my heart, so I smile too. You were right. Both are possible at the same time.

This is such a beautiful way of being, I think it is the way of true compassion.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  07:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle
Thank you

Responding to your post coincides with something that has been breweing inside for a couple of days....so let's move it for better placement...ok?

I'll write the new topic now, and then come back here and paste the link.

Here it is:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3445

Edited by - Katrine on Feb 09 2008 09:27:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000