Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 vasectomy and its effect on tantric energy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  12:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been considering having a vasectomy for some time now. I am 44, my son is going to be 18, don't want any more children and don't want any worries in that department. I have also been practicing semen cultivation for many years and the difference for me between being "full" and "empty" is pretty dramatic. I don't go for extreme periods of time (one or two weeks) but it is a significant part of my practice. Anyway, I am looking to know what people who are familiar with thsi energy economy feel about how vasectomy effects it. All of the men that have had this done that I have asked have told me that they notice no difference in sex drive or energy level, just the lack of anxiety about pregnancy so it does sound reassuring. On teh other hand, none of these men are tantric yogis so that is why I am asking. perhaps Yogani might be able to help.
Some thoughts are that since you don't actually lose sperm that you might stay perpetually highly charged. This seems like a good thing at foirst but it also has been my experience that just letting it go once in awhile is also beneficial and I wonder about doing something permanant there.
So, anyone have experience here? Is vasectomy a block to enlightenment or an aid? Or perhaps even better neither.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  01:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look at this:
http://www.thespiritofnature.com/~g...ch/id119.htm

BTW, Mantak Chia is very knowledgable and reliable, though the Taoist tantra and the Indian tantra don't always map perfectly with one another.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 23 2005 01:07:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  01:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmm.. OK. well I am not thinking of vasectomy as being a substitute for semen cultivation, more of a reliable permanent form of birth control. It seems to be a mixed blessing according to that site but not a real discouragement.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  10:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor:

I am not sure exactly where the plumbing is altered in vasectomy -- before the seminal vesicles or after? Presumably before. In any case, there is some subjective evidence that the upward circulation of sexual energy (semen) comes from the seminal vesicles and up through the urethra into the bladder too. Vajroli mudra (whether manual in the early stages or automatic and ongoing in later stages) is at least in part a drawing up of semen into the bladder.

I emphasis that these are subjective observations, and not scientifically verified. Someday science will have a much better handle on the biology of enlightenment. Until then, we will continue to work with the ancient knowledge and techniques, and the subjective observation of results. It is the best we can do for now, and it can be taken very far forward by those means, obviously. As time goes on, science will fill in the blanks.

Bottom line -- semen in a man (and female essences in a woman) migrate upward via many paths in the biology. It also ends up in the GI track (Chinese cauldron) for the biology of soma production, and this continues up into the head and then circulates back down again. I often have had the sensation of the essences of the seminal vesicles being directly involved in this GI track connection. But, again, it is a subjective observation. Needless to say, there is a complex biology that occurs in human spiritual transformation, and while there are many cases of sages who have undergone the full transformation and have tried to describe it (usually metaphorically), we still have much to learn about it.

Not sure where that leaves you with your vasectomy considerations. But it is the best assessment I can give you at this point. We are all spiritual pioneers here.

By the way, the process in women as far as I can tell (even more subjectively) has more similarities than differences to the male spiritual biology, including the absorption of sexual essences up through the urethra into the bladder!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2005 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My two cents worth for our idea cauldron: the situation is surely a lot more complex than the ancient models are.

One thing to keep in mind --- these sexual 'essences' are surely not the same thing as physical sperm, or even semen. This is inevitable because, as Yogani says, women seem to have a similar mechanism.

One other thing -- vasectomy does not stop semen flow at all. The semen collects and gathers in the normal way. It only stops the sperm getting into the semen, which is an ongoing process, is not involved in the sexual act at all, and which occurs lower-down close to the testis. The plumbing is indeed altered by vasectomy before the seminal vesicles, just after the testis in fact --- this diagram is good:

http://www.vasectomymedical.com/anatomy.html

BTW, it's because of this very fact, and because sperm will be stored in the seminal vesicles, you can't rely on vasectomy as a contraceptive until about three months after getting it -- it takes that long for all the stored sperm to reliably flush out. After that, you have all equipment fully functional, except the ejaculate is sperm-free.

My guess is that it won't affect the process much. Victor will be an interesting data point, if he goes ahead with it.

Victor, you will go ahead with it, won't you? I mean we do need the data point, you know! LOL.

-D

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

hmm.. OK. well I am not thinking of vasectomy as being a substitute for semen cultivation, more of a reliable permanent form of birth control. It seems to be a mixed blessing according to that site but not a real discouragement.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 23 2005 11:29:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  11:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input and thanks for the link.Now I am curious about the open or closed tube variations. much to learn...
If I do this it will probably be about a year or so away anyway so that I have time to do my homework. . We will have to see.....

Edited by - Victor on Jul 24 2005 12:02:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  3:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. I have been doing yoga and meditations for about 10 years as well. I do not believe that this in any way has had a negative impact on the yogic process. I too try to retain my sexual fluids for 2 - 3 weeks. When I do allow full orgasmic relief, I feel physically depleted for a day or so. I did not practice what Victor refers to as semen cultivation before having the vasectomy so I cannot comment on how the vasectomy can impact this. I often feel the kundalini energy coursing through my body. So I would say that the vasectomy has not had a negative impact. The vasectomy was a very good thing for me. You become spontaneous and worry free in regards to your sexual life.
Best of Luck Victor!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  09:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Lucid, for that informative input.

The question that has emerged here:

Is sperm in the seminal fluid an essential part of the spiritual biology?

Your excellent experiences in yoga indicate not. Of course, one man's experience does not constitute a scientific conclusion, but it is a very useful "data point," as David calls it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

maxim68

1 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit maxim68's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I am new to the forum and reading posts that catch my attention. Not sure if you had a vasectomy yet or not.

I had one almost a year ago and I notice nothing different energetically or in a negative way. My only concern was not having titanium in my body but the MD I saw didn't use these clips anyway (wouldn't want to set off the airport scanners, lol).

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  03:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, after much consideration I have decided to take the plunge. My procedure is planned for this friday morning (Feb 3rd) and I should be home that afternoon. Wish me luck and I will be happy to provide whatever subjective data that I can offer.
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  09:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor:

Good luck with the procedure, and let us know how everything goes.

The only word you don't want to hear is oops.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  6:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Well, after much consideration I have decided to take the plunge. My procedure is planned for this friday morning (Feb 3rd) and I should be home that afternoon. Wish me luck and I will be happy to provide whatever subjective data that I can offer.

victor, two years after having this procedure done, what are your observations?

i've held off having a vasectomy for the same reasons you listed here, and i'm curious what your experience has been?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  10:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
delta, I'm sorry that I took so long to answer your question but I guess I don't have a clear answer. I did explain my experience in the Tamtra and birth control thread. Its really hard to say at this point how it has changed since I haven't been in a regularly sexually active relationship during that time. My sexual tension seems to have reduced some but the feeling of charge and discharge hasn't changed much. I still get the same fatigue after ejaculation and it still takes time to recharge. I have noticed that the recharge time seems to take longer but I can also last longer in between without the urge getting too strong. I wish I could tell you more but for now I don't have a clear answer.
Go to Top of Page

vaibhavgc

India
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  1:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

delta, I'm sorry that I took so long to answer your question but I guess I don't have a clear answer. I did explain my experience in the Tamtra and birth control thread. Its really hard to say at this point how it has changed since I haven't been in a regularly sexually active relationship during that time. My sexual tension seems to have reduced some but the feeling of charge and discharge hasn't changed much. I still get the same fatigue after ejaculation and it still takes time to recharge. I have noticed that the recharge time seems to take longer but I can also last longer in between without the urge getting too strong. I wish I could tell you more but for now I don't have a clear answer.

Victor do you have clear answers now after 8 years? Please share your observations.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  11:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor had been dead for a few years (learned from old posts) but I can share my experience. I've had a vasectomy and a prostate removed (2009-2010) and began AYP August 2013. I can report being ecstatic conductive for a couple of years and my yoga practice has become life itself. Go ahead and get cut if that is an option you are considering. As long as you have testes, this reporter testifies transmutation of sexual energy works after vasectomy and prostatectomy.
Go to Top of Page

gentblack

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2023 :  12:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Victor had been dead for a few years (learned from old posts) but I can share my experience. I've had a vasectomy and a prostate removed (2009-2010) and began AYP August 2013. I can report being ecstatic conductive for a couple of years and my yoga practice has become life itself. Go ahead and get cut if that is an option you are considering. As long as you have testes, this reporter testifies transmutation of sexual energy works after vasectomy and prostatectomy.

I read this entire thread, with great enthusiasm (as I am considering the procedure) and this update about Victor was jarring. Dogboy, I appreciate the insight and update.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2023 :  01:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gentblack Seven years since my response, I wouldn’t change a word. RIP Victor He came to yoga from a similar standpoint as I (tantra, asana) and his advice was always as if you were chatting with him face to face. Re-reading this, I did the math to realize he was nearly my age. Gone too soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000