AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Question about energy loss from orgasm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kunsang

7 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  11:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kunsang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a quick question - there's much talk here about how orgasm depletes our energy. I wonder if this depletion is of a different magnitude with an ejaculatory orgasm as opposed to a blocked one? Essentially, does the semen itself carry any of this lost energy?

Thanks!

K

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  12:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Kunsang, blocking reduces the loss, but it is not the whole answer. Neither is mechanical vajroli mudra of which blocking is but a simpler version (and more effective too). The change in the inner neurobiology to upward flowing over time covers the rest of it, and that is mainly a function of deep meditation, spinal breathing, and other sitting practices. That is when internal energy processing gets really efficient -- a natural function that eventually takes over for our crude efforts at priming the pump, so to speak. Then we have the whole body mudra, whole body ecstatic conductivity, and the whole enchilada.

For more on this, see the new tantra book coming out in a few weeks. The ebook version should be up in a few days!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  12:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is a very good question and not so easy to answer. it has been my experience that the semen itself does carry energy *however* it has also been my experience that it cannot be the active sperm cells that carry this energy as I have had a vasectomy and so do not lose sperm cells anymore when I ejaculate yet the energetic changes are basically the same as they were before. Perhaps the sensation of being "full" stimulates certain nerve centers in teh body or it is possible that the semen itself may hold a certain energetic or electrical charge similar to the fluid in a battery. At this point we can only speculate using our own experience though at least it does not appear to be the sperm cells anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Kunsang

7 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kunsang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both of you! I'm looking forward to your new book, yogani :)
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  10:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

>> Essentially, does the semen itself carry any of this lost energy?

My two cents worth: the semen itself is not the big deal, though it may have a part to play. If the semen were the big deal, blocking, which sends the semen into the bladder, wouldn't help, since the semen is still 'lost'. Yet blocking helps enormously.

What I believe really happens is that the blocking triggers a modification of the neurobiolical process of orgasm. This modified orgasm is less 'lossy' in terms of energy than the normal one. How or why it happens no-one can really explain as far as I know. But it happens, for whatever reason.

So we can exploit that fact, without really knowing the neuro-mechanics in any detail.

Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  01:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is actually very similar to Victor's. I have also had a vasectomy and could say first hand that the sperm is not the energetic factor as with a vasectomy you no longer lose the sperm. It is retained and absorbed by the body. However with ejaculation there is definite energy loss. Victor's suggestion of being "full" stimulates nerves seems plausible as well. I don't use the blocking method. I merely pause just before the point of no return and I achieve orgasm without ejaculation. We're talking make one more move and you've lost it. Well this approach is fine until I make that one more move and there is a slight release. In fact, I could continue and have one or two more slight releases and afterward I experience no energy loss. But if I spill over completely - it's lights out. So, a partial loss - I'm fine. A full release - "stick a fork in me, I'm done". Not sure about the mechanics of it all.

That said, a couple of times I've had full blown "over the top kundalini releases" while resting after lengthy sexual encounters with full release. Maybe the prolonged pressure over time stimulates the nerves enough to activate the kundalini during the resting phase.

Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  09:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The question for me is: Where does the energy really go
if I have an orgasm with ejaculation ?
If I have an orgasm without ejaculation, I am quite sure that the energy is
used for the higher evolution of my body, soul and spirit
(by the way, I also had a vasectomy about 6 years ago,
so I go along, that sperm itself is not the essential thing).
I am wondering also how much belief/faith influences us,
in this case: belief that orgasm with ejaculation is loss of energy,
should be avoided => is bad ?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  5:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The question for me is: Where does the energy really go
if I have an orgasm with ejaculation ?

Hi Wolfgang,

I have a theory about this, I think all the energy goes into one intense good feeling that manifests in the lower energy centers of the body along with a physical discharge which takes time and a lot of energy to replenish.

With orgasms without ejaculation, I believe that it still takes energy to produce the temporary intense good feelings we get from non-ejaculatory orgasm, but less loss due to there not being any physical discharge to replace.

To me the physical component is the key, it is condensed energy and because of its dense nature, takes time and lot's of energy to produce it. I believe the body's default position is to have all the physical components of ejaculation topped up at all times (just in case mating is required), so the moment it is depleted, the body starts replenishing itself and hence the loss we feel over a day or two (or more).

I believe over-time as our nervous systems become refined, cleared out and more of our sexual energy is flowing continuously upwards, there are less spikes in intensity and a continuous ecstatic energy will start to permeate us without requiring any sexual stimulation.

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000