New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Adam_West

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  10:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Adam_West's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My sense of kunlun, after reading the book, practicing it and spending inordinate amounts of time on Taobums, is that Max is the real deal, but one of his close students who publishes and promotes the books, site and Max makes the use of unfortunate amounts of hybabolic promotion and representation of Max and the tradition. Further more, those who are advanced on the path are not omniscient, and thus most of their previous correct and errorious beliefs and faulty inferential reasoning remains - hence the pseudo science and colourful philosophical frame works etc. This is standard for all of us and thus all traditions including those ones we personally like and endorse. no one is immune from this, until, and if, we ever realize omniscience.

In kind regards,

Adam.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  04:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Scott and all, hope it's not a bug opening up this post again but i just read it all and got intrigued into knowing about your progress with kunlun practices.

this stuff seems pretty much like the real deal.

i am personally satisfied with ayp, and am not going to stop practicing yoga in this life time but i must admit that i am not so happy with the point regarding overload bcz i simply do want more...

so i wouldn't mind introducing a new grounding practice into my sadhana.

and i was wondering if anyone here is still practicing AYP's deep meditation along with kunlun practices.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

My advice at this point is to simply add in more walking, if you want grounding. Or even if you don't want it...add in walking! It's excellent, and has many hidden benefits.

I can't recommend Kunlun to people anymore, due to getting health problems from it. That's not to say I'm "anti-Kunlun". I have no regrets about it, and I'm grateful to have been through it. But yeah, not recommended.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  03:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you brother Scott for sharing your 1st hand experience with us, your opinion is much appreciated.

in gratitude,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still practicing this.

Things have improved health wise (I simply had a lot to heal), so I'm going for the facilitator training probably in October. I'll probably update here some time after that.

Max is done teaching publicly now.

Interesting path.
Go to Top of Page

jazz

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  08:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my thoughts and format I follow:

I start with Yoga Mountain Posture OR I-Jing: Idea is to be aware of where you are, mentally make a statement to yourself, that you are going to spend next xxx time on yourself. All problems, ideas, things to do - you put outside the room.

RITUAL: (I take ritual as not just ritual - understand its meanings and why - there are there not just for physical aspect)
Bows - I do full stretch bows Tibetan style with few variations. In the bows I do many Yoga postures - breathing in opening chest, stretching arms up then behind head, child posture... back stretch, cow, then combining qi gong principles to bring energy from ground up through legs and bring down to lower dan tien.

GROUNDING:
5 Elements exercises, to stretch body and strengthen internal organs
Yoga OR Qi gong
Start with One breath-Buddha breath use it as a grounding meditation
combine with Yoga chant of Om or just the sound Mmmmmmm with tongue touching top of mouth - this creates a buzzing vibration throughout out body and

MEDITATION:
then Kunlun or Red Phoenix
always spend enough time closing with hands on belly

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  11:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Things have improved health wise (I simply had a lot to heal), so I'm going for the facilitator training probably in October. I'll probably update here some time after that.

I'm making myself available for people in Wisconsin and Michigan USA. My website is: www.theonebreath.com

For a full list of people in different areas, check here: www.primordialalchemist.com/...ilitator.html
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  11:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

quote:

I'm making myself available for people in Wisconsin and Michigan USA. My website is: www.theonebreath.com

For a full list of people in different areas, check here: www.primordialalchemist.com/...ilitator.html

Hi Scott,
So did you receive a transmission from Max?
Also, (not that I can attend), but do you teach the Red Phoenix?
You know, I'm dying to hear anything about the training you recieved. Any stories or experiences about people being glued to metal fences or falling through walls or the like?
:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  12:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is huge, I am usually wrong in my ideas, and this forum is supposed to be focused on AYP, so I will just private message about this stuff.

TI, I can't find a way to contact you, so please send me a message by clicking on my name and we'll chat.

Edited by - Scott on Oct 31 2009 02:04:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  10:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a bad experience with Kunlun... house got haunted, daughter started talking in her sleep and saying weird stuff, I lost motivation to engage in normal life, luck levels were reduced, income dropped. I did feel more spiritual, otherworldly and psychic and there were some interesting entity experiences and my knowledge of the occult grew, but not for me. Creepy.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  12:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My view of Kunlun is that it's a Taoist version of tantra/yoga (similar to AYP). That's all.

I don't have Yoda's type of experiences, because I have never been into that stuff...you get out what you bring into it. If you don't want that kind of thing to happen, then don't go looking for aliens, reading books on channeling and entities, and immediately using the highest level Egyptian rods!

If you're constantly looking into those things, then your life will become like that...creepy and otherworldly.

Focus on what you want out of this life, and make it happen! These practices aren't a magic bullet for gaining health, wealth, luck or willpower...you have to do it yourself. Work out and eat well, work hard to pay the bills, be a positive person, and rededicate yourself to your goals. It's kind of like, "The Secret": constantly focus on the positive aspects, and that's what you will start to see more of!

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  12:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoda

I had a bad experience with Kunlun... house got haunted, daughter started talking in her sleep and saying weird stuff, I lost motivation to engage in normal life, luck levels were reduced, income dropped. I did feel more spiritual, otherworldly and psychic and there were some interesting entity experiences and my knowledge of the occult grew, but not for me. Creepy.

-Yoda

Hey Yoda! :)
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I read about them on the Taobums. I guess maybe it is true that one hour of kunlun is like practicing 100 years of meditation, it can sure stir up a lot of ghosts.. :0
I've always thought that you were one of the nicest people I've never met..

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  09:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, Yoda was one of the nicest and most fun people I've ever met.
Go to Top of Page

newtoayp

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  03:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit newtoayp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoda

-Yoda

Yoda, had exact same experience with visits from snake people. No matter what Kunlun people say, my experience is mine and that practice was not beneficial for me. I am glad I stopped that whole thing. Meeting Max has been the worst thing I ever did. That is my experience and true for me. I don't need an explanation from Kunlun guys or their viewpoint. I am just stating mine - take it or leave it. And I was neither into channeling, or aliens or rods of any kind
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  02:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
okay i am buying a lot of spiritual books these days from the internet and the kunlun book is along my list of interests.

so is there an e-book format which i can buy from some where, because the paper book couldn't be delivered to Lebanon from amazon.

oh and in case anyone could help in finding me a source that delivers to Lebanon, i am also interested in the book sacred science by Norman Paulsen.

namaste

Edited by - Ananda on Nov 20 2009 10:36:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  09:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,

Thanks for the kinds words... you can have my egyptian rods! I remember your writing your AYP post in the hotel room after first meeting Max... we have switched places on the K question!

Your pal,
Yoda

~~~

TI,

Thanks for your kind words too! Now that it's over, it's not a big deal. I did get some good lessons from it as well, so it was worth it.

Your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  09:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Newtoayp,

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences! I think you'll find AYP to be a much smoother ride!

Your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  12:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Newtoayp,

I'm sorry for being a "kunlun person." My intention is to just be Scott. Those kind of answers like the one I gave always annoyed me when I was having problems with the practice, so I'm sorry. You are right that your experience is true for you, and I hope that everything is fine now.

Yoda,

I always wanted to give the rods a try, but I think those ones would be too powerful for me. My focus is on foundational practices.

You should try to sell them at the kunlun forum...I'm sure someone would want them.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  2:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Newtoayp,

My personal take on everything is that AYP is what I'd call a Tin dimension Celestial practice and Kunlun is what I'd call a Yin dimension practice... extremely distinct energies.

your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

newtoayp

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  08:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit newtoayp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoda, Scott.. thank you for the kind words.

Can you please elaborate on the Yin and Tin dimensions when you get a chance?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  4:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
is there still anyone out there who is practicing or has managed to integrate between kunlun and AYP?

and a quick question for you brother Scott: what does the special edition of the kunlun book differ from the old version?

and in case you have any idea about this, is the book available in e-book format (a digital format).
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  11:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent an email 2 u, bro.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  11:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
newtoayp,

Per most Taoism theories there are three realms: Tin, Yang, and Yin. Tin is the Heavenly realm, Yang is our realm, and Yin is the spirit/ghost realm. People and animals reincarnate between the yin and the yang. Sometimes a person can train themselves up to ascend to the Tin dimension and become a Taoism Heavenly Immortal. While in the Yang dimension we can receive inspiration from both the Tin realm and the Yin realm but the Tin realm inspiration is considered much healthier, safer, and uplifting and is imo the vibe of AYP. Imo, spontaneous motion traditions have the vibe of traditional mediumship and occult with lots of spontaneous movements, ritualized dancing, channeling and automatic writing going on at the more advanced levels which is associated with Yin inspiration and considered unhealthy from a Taoism perspective.

It's not that Yin folks are necessarily bad but that they just don't mix well with us yang people. Like trying to share one's home with raccoons... just doesn't work out in the long run.

Tao Toe,
Yoda

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  3:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a fan of the spontaneous motion (or ritual dancing/channeling/automatic writing), either. I don't consider it advanced to be involved in those things, although the people who are might have a lot more energy than I. My opinion is that those things are just exploring your own mind and subconscious/unconscious (which are more powerful than we assume) and looking at all the "scenery" as Yogani would say. But there's just too much ego play and delusion in that stuff for me. I guess the question is: what are you seeking? Those things don't have anything to do with enlightenment...

So I prefer practicing Kunlun Level 1 by having the energies stay in the heart space, and letting go (letting go doesn't mean become like a ragdoll and be moved by spirits, it means stop grasping for achieving). It's just a posture, which achieves an internal alchemy. There are more advanced versions of the practice...

But leg bouncing is a good step that should be allowed to happen. It's just shaking that releases extra energy so that the orbits can open up more. And the controlled clockwise rotating at the waist is good to close/open the sun and moon channels, and remove any tension from the spine, as well as raise bliss to the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  02:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hope any of the kunluns out there could help me with this.

i have spoken with Jazz and the people in primordial alchemist and in the end was referred to the kunlun website whom i've sent an email to a few days back but haven't had any reply up till now.

the thing is that i would really like to buy the book but the problem is that my country isn't registered for paypal services so i can't create a paypal account to buy the book or have it delivered to my country from lulu.com; plus amazon said that it can't deliver the book and probably that's bcz of paypal.

i am using a visa electron card, if there is any other method of payment in which i can pay for the book and get it to Lebanon\Beirut plz inform me.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000