Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Kunlun..the easy way?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  02:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends ..
Just reading about kunlun..from http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....Terms=kunlun
Found that topic with 10 pages..marvelous!..but someone can explain me why is such a secret about the actual technique?
I'd be happy if someone explains me,without forcing me to get the book and be disappointed that it was some Qi-kong,or esoteric Bruce Lee, or whatever.
Or maybe that hands positions of kunlun,where you keep the left hand down and right hand up to the heart level,to create a bioenergetic circuit(and horse stance,while you stay on your toes,and ground yourself by touching the ground with the heels) is so secret that it should never be explained for free,but only for cash?
Anyone can help?..I'll send the cash later...
kisses:)
love,danny
ps..is ok if nobody wants to divulge,,the secret technique of kunlun(ridiculous!),,..much more love to Yogani,whom actually revealed some good ones for free.

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The book has lots of info...much better choice than having some stranger tell you how to do it.

There is no rule that it should only be explained for cash.

Let us know how it goes for you!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste brother, i have a version of the book if you like (which was sent to me by brother Tibetan ice) and i can mail it to you for free.. just send me your personal address in the email if you like.

Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  02:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi friends..thanks for your kind replies on this topic.
I've managed to squeeze the technique from the net...here we go.
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vi...098&start=45
quote:
The first level of three is a sitting posture using a chair. Sitting on the edge of a chair with your back straight and your feet on the ground, your left hand is in front of your navel chakra with the palm facing up. The right hand is facing down and held in front of the throat chakra. There seems to be a couple of inches between the hands and the body. The elbows are a bit out from the body to open up space in the armpits. The tongue is in the usual place at the roof of the mouth. Then lift the heels to activate the flow of energy. It has been a while since I read the book to check if I've forgotten anything. When you are done, the next step is to lower the heels and then the right hand is placed over the navel chakra and the left hand is placed over the right. If it was the other way around for women, placing the hands on the stomach, I've forgotten.

other then that..I found the shaking stuff useful..see..I've studied qi-qong and some internal martial arts,and that shaking stuff came useful when I broke my leg(tibia/fibula) in some weird bike accident.Anyway..while my healing meditation routine took care of the pain,etc..I knew I'd have to activate some gross ki in the leg,to stimulate healing of the bone..so I''ve used the shaking method.It works.
I have an idea about kunlun now..and I'm positive it's indeed some taoist method of raising ki in the 2 channels,with the (probably) hope of creating the rainbow body.The imagining ,,cool energy water,, coming from the head on second stage is identical with the hakuin method of ,,imagining an egg on the head..melting and pouring down,,as Bill explains in..http://www.meditationexpert.com/yog...ss_peace.htm
quote:
When restlessness and torpor both disappear, and the mind suddenly fixes on a single thing in the absence of sleep and restlessness, then lightness occurs. For some, this sensation begins at the top of the head, whereas for others it originates in the soles of the feet.

When lightness begins at the top of the head, the top of the head feels fresh and cool as if cream were being gently poured over. The Buddhists and Taoists call this "internal baptism." This sensation circulates around the entire body, the mind is rested, the body is relaxed, and one feels so soft and flexible that it often seems as if the bones themselves have dissolved. It is then natural for the body to become straight as a pine tree. The mind is clear and there are no feelings of restlessness or torpor in response to external surroundings. One experiences a natural state of joy. This experience of lightness, however, eventually disappears.

When lightness originates in the soles of the feet, one experiences sensations of either coolness or warmth, which move upward to the top of the head. It often feels as if this lightness moves beyond physical boundaries to penetrate the sky. The lightness that originates from the soles is much easier to retain than the lightness that originates at the top of the head. It does not disappear quite so easily.

ps..I think I got the wrong quotes..this is the real stuff,not the ,,imagining,, eggs melting on your head(as the zen master Hakuin learned to do from some taoist master,and fixed his stagnating energy)...or the,,imagining,, of some water pouring from the head,as in kunlun level 2..but I can't find the right link right now to Hakuin..I'll post it when I get it...is somewhere there,anyway.
The fact that Max dismisses the kundalini makes me wonder about his main purposes for creating such mystery about the method,or if it real,and not just ki manipulation.
Anyway..thanks anyway.
love to all..
Danny:)

Edited by - Smileyogi on Apr 23 2010 03:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  07:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kunlun is a kundalini path, but it's awakened in a sort of indirect way. Doing direct forceful kundalini practices in combination can produce bad results.

Peace.
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  03:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Kunlun is a kundalini path, but it's awakened in a sort of indirect way. Doing direct forceful kundalini practices in combination can produce bad results.

Peace.

Hi Scott..I am very interested in different paths of kundalini..could you explain me in couple words why you believe kunlun is a kundalini path,since Max himself explained it is not?
This is very confusing...why would you contradict Max?..maybe you know something he doesn't reveal?..strange situation...please help me.
Or are you saying qi-qong is a kundalini path(since kunlun is that...just qi-qong..from my humble observations..)
Much love to you,Scott.
Danny
ps..beam me up on my email,Scotty with this info,if you don't want to post on forum..I am all ears,like a true Vulcan..may you live long and prosper.I am fascinated indeed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1qa8N2ID0
Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  09:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to understand the inner mechanisms of Kunlun, listen to this interview Max did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErSaWzOT2fU

"While in the water path...everything opens up naturally. It's not forceful in any way..."

So what I said is accurate: it's an indirect way.

And Max has never said "no kundalini!", to my knowledge. He said don't practice kundalini methods in combination with Kunlun.

Peace.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i've read a lot of kunlun material myself and interacted with some of it's practitioners and facilitators and i second Scott on what he said.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  5:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am curious to know what the kunlun method is all about, particularly after reading about it at alchemicaltaoism.com, but I can't bring myself to buy the book. I always find selling spiritual techniques in bad taste, particularly in this day and age. What right does anyone have to sell a meditation technique? Max did not "invent" kunlun, and certainly does not "own" it. At most he concocted it from other practices he knew about, most likely he was taught by someone else.

Believe me I would not be here if yogani didn't offer his knowledge for free. Kudos to him :-)
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  9:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brunoloff

I am curious to know what the kunlun method is all about, particularly after reading about it at alchemicaltaoism.com, but I can't bring myself to buy the book. I always find selling spiritual techniques in bad taste, particularly in this day and age. What right does anyone have to sell a meditation technique? Max did not "invent" kunlun, and certainly does not "own" it. At most he concocted it from other practices he knew about, most likely he was taught by someone else.

Believe me I would not be here if yogani didn't offer his knowledge for free. Kudos to him :-)

Hi Bruno :)
Your logic is flawed.
Whether or not a practice or teaching is sold or not in no way validates or invalidates the practice.

From both sides of the argument:
1) People have to eat.

2) People should give you the opportunity to express thanks and gratitude through monetary contributions for taking the time and effort to make something available to you.

3) You are writing a PHD. Did you get that opportunity for free? Aren't you paying tuition? Does that invalidate your PHD? If God is everywhere, is not all learning spiritual?

4) Sometimes people take things more seriously when they have to pay for it (but I think TM is too expensive.. ha ha, but seriously).

5) Yogani gives the lessons for free but he also sells more "in depth" books. But more importantly, Yogani devotes his time to actually answer posts on this forum for free.

6) The 'free' business model does not work. There has to be some kind of compensation and monetary reward to enable the creator to keep eating, keep motivated and sustain him/herself. In the grand scheme of things money means very little as does the accumulation of ephemeral material objects, statuses, ego gratifications etc.

7) If you receive a gift it promotes gratitude and indebtedness. Some teachings suggest to "not accept any gifts" for these reasons. Fair payment is a way of erasing the debt and gratitude.

8) Of course Max didn't invent Kunlun. You will find similar techniques of shaking to open pathways in Barabara Brennan's books, Osho's books, aboriginal dance and many other places. The point is that 'shaking' is a very powerful and potent practice. So is breathing to gather chi and then sitting quietly, mindlessly smiling your wealth into your lower tan tien.

9) Truth is where you find it. It does not matter if you bought it, stole, received it as a gift or stumbled upon it as you were digging through the dump grounds.

10) Any prejudice towards any body of knowledge for any reason is exactly that, a prejudice and that prejudice is like a veil that hides the real treasures. The mind has many ways to fool you into remaining in mind. The wise person simply observes and does not pass judgement. He or she finds truth by examining the content of the message, not by judging the messenger.

11) And if you ever do decide to buy the book and try the practice and your third eye blows open and you see Max standing there in the land of the red sun guiding you along, at that point you will have long forgotten about the 20 bucks it cost you to buy the book.

This all reminds me of a story. :)

"There once was a believing rich man who was dying. While on his death bed, he tried to get the Lord to let him bring his earthly treasures with him to heaven. "Lord, please, I have worked so hard to accumulate all these riches. Can't I bring them along?"

The Lord spoke to his heart, telling him, "I never grant this request. Go ahead and plan what you would bring if I permitted you to bring just one suitcase, and we'll talk about it once you're in heaven."

The man immediately began to think about what he could take in just one suitcase. Finally he had a servant fill a large suitcase with gold bricks. Shortly thereafter, he died.

When the man got to heaven, he was amazed at the beauty surrounding him, and to say he was overwhelmed when he saw the Lord for the first time would be a huge understatement.

Enjoying the splendors of his new home, the man completely forgot about the suitcase he had wanted to bring along, until the Lord asked him about it. "My child, tell me what you planned to put into that suitcase you wanted to bring."

"Oh yes, Lord. I forgot all about that! I had my servant pack a large suitcase with bricks of gold."

The Lord said, "I know you haven't been able to see everything up here yet." He continued by asking him kindly, "But what in the world were you thinking when you decided to bring pavement?""

Anyway, the best of luck with your kundalini rising, your practices and your future endeavors. I hope that my post to you will make you stop and think, if only for a moment..

:)
TI

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 27 2010 04:46:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

jazz

USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  05:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Peace.

From FAQ on Sifu Jenny's website http://easterninternalarts.com/

"Neither Tibetan, nor Yi Gong is Kundalini. Otherwise they would be called Kundalini.

"Kundalini literally means coiled. In Indian yoga, a ’corporeal energy’ - an unconscious, instinctive or libidinal force or Shakti, lies coiled at the base of the spine (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini, accessed 3/19/10)." Some refer its phenomena to pranic awakening. Prana is the vital energy or life force or Jing Qi in Chinese. It can be seen as an energy that works at one’s spine in a spiral course. Nevertheless, a human body is a human body, regardless of nationality or religion, humans have the same type of body. The potentialities are the same. The question is how to develop it, which leads to whatever works for you. It has no fixed type. The different cultures or religions may use different language or vocabularies to describe a path to reach the ultimate goal of awakening, don’t let words confuse you.

Yigong is a system of Taoist practices. Its physical aspects include three levels, the spontaneous adjustment, celestial master points the way, and great water fall. At the seminar, I taught the spontaneous adjustment Qigong. The spontaneous adjustment Qigong is a formless form. You asked me if the spontaneous Qigong is Kundalini. I told you that spontaneous adjustment Qigong does develop Kundalini. I did not say Yigong is Kundalini. Through my practice, I notice myself. I am sure many others who practice spontaneous qigong might have similar experiences that sometimes our body appears to do a lot of rotating movement like a spiral, the energy from the base of spine coiled up like a snake moving out of your Bai-hui or crow chakra. That spontaneous adjustment Qigong can develop Kundalini does not mean it is Kundalini. Since it is a formless form, whatever the movements appears is a response to the state of the body and mind. To some degree, it might not happen to someone yet or may never happen to some, it does not mean it cannot develop Kundalini or it is only for developing Kundalini. A formless form has no fixation. Everything is possible. Do not be rigid, holding onto anything that might happen or not happen. Experience yourself with an open mind. Don’t hold onto any thoughts or long for anything to happen when you practice. Thoughts are obstacles to your attainment.

The same with Tibetan Buddhist practice. Some techniques do develop Kundalini, such as powa practice, but some do not, for instance the Bodhisattva’s path. If one defines Tibetan Buddhism as Kundalini, it’s as if to declare one technique to be the whole of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. That is a big mistake. Don’t take a method to be the goal. "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000