AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Mukti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you talk much of the self karl please in laymans terms tell what this is ?

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jul 10 2015 10:16:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ranjan

Hari om tat sat

Dear karl

My side meaning

Pure Consciousness or soul
Is simple what is in spirituality. But it is not exactly known whether it exists or not. But when you believe soul exists you just brighten up. Soul is the life in body. Like current in machines. Machines r body current is soul. And soul is an unchangeable undestroable everlasting thing no birth no death. Soul n god r not different they r one and the same. Like wise. Yes soul is just a name but when u understand this soul is not just a name.
Do you believe in god n soul or ghosts.
All this will take a lifetime to explain n understand

So soul n pure Consciousness are same n soul is a general term right why will u get a fog from that

I think u r taking about the Consciousness when u r awake. But Consciousness is different see what happens to the Consciousness when u r sleeing and what happens to it after death
N after death

Well life is a fundamental term for something which is subject to universal entropy. We say something has life until it is no longer in the form it first manifested itself. We should differentiate between objects which are animated and inanimate and those that are biological and those that are not, and those that have consciousness and those that have not and those that possess reason and those that do not.

The human body can be alive and unconscious, but it cannot be dead and conscious. Now I cannot enter a discussion which is about the origin of life anymore than I can enter a discussion about the origin of the universe. I will leave those more qualified than I am to interpret and divine the biology.

I cannot get a 'fog' from consciousness because consciousness just is, there is no concept with which it can be encapsulated. If you say soul is life, then I accept that description as it is without further explanation. It is self evident and axiomatic.

There is no God-if you mean by God a divine creator of the universe. If you mean it in some other sense you should define and state it, maybe it can then have relevance. I have seen what others describe as ghosts. They are incongruous mental phenomena like hallucinations or dreams. They looked entirely real to my eyes, but their juxtaposition within the environment should have alerted me to the fact they were not real.

If we are in dreamless sleep then we are without consciousness, or at least it is idling in a low state, semi-dormant and not wholly absent.

At death there is no consciousness at all.

Why is it important for you to ask these things?

You are entirely capable of knowing these things yourself. That is the best way. You can only get so much from others words. I can shine a weak beam on your understanding and you might believe it or reject it, but in either case you cannot know it.

You should desire to know reality. If that is not possible then you are condemned to live in ignorance and must live on the scraps of information thrown to you by other men, you should make haste to live by your own, direct knowledge of things or you will be forever a servant of illusion.

That you are here and inquiring shows that you have a desire to know. Kindle it, tend it, make it into a flame to burn up illusion. For as long, or as much as you need, I will shine that weak beam in the hope it may assist you. Beyond that I can do little.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

you talk much of the self karl please in laymans terms tell what this is ?

You are the self. There cannot be any easier terms. There is nothing to understand, no concept is required. The self is your consciousness by which the world is grasped. You were born as self, you will die as self. Self is your very nature, there is nothing before it that can be divined, that is what you are.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
who is the you karl ?

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jul 10 2015 10:50:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is self nature?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
where did conciousness come from
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i now sit for practice be back in 1hour
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  11:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

what is self nature?

You ask what is it that you are ? Do you not already know that ?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jul 10 2015 12:47:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  12:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jul 10 2015 12:47:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  5:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear karl

The "I" which u r reffering might be the ego which gurus tell

What about "sarvam brahma mayam shivoham shivoham" means only god exist n nothing else.

And scientists say a stone is only 1% solid
N 99% empty so what happens to reality now

Anyway I wanted mukti which i don't know whether it exists or not

Sunyata why have you become silent. Ok i shall share one which might have played its part for me to hate this world

I have celiac Disease which I just came to know recently 3 weeks back. But the mukti thing is long back from childhood. But suddenly it is very strong. Also recently i came to know about advaita little deeper from my friends gokulmuthu
See the site practicalphilosophy.in/about/
He is well versed in all vedanta stuffs. After listening from i started to doubt the way i used to know about god. Still very confused about god don't know how to pray him. And why is that he just clears the mind n shows the path something like that.

N the celiac just squeezes the life out of me
Makes me always in fatigue very hard to do even small work depression n many other things. U just can't be alive in this rat race. Always i have to pull myself n struggle. On top of that people will never understand you. Only they will scould shout at me thinking i am the laziest person in the world. I just don't know what the doctors r doing. I think if the doctors were truthful to themselves then they would have eradicated all the diseases in the world. It just because few doctors have created some awareness in the Internet i came to know about it. But their is no cure for it you have to just leave the food. What type of curse is this. How can a person be without eating wheat products n milk in this whole world. All the tasty food bakery foods chocolate sweets have wheat n milk. Food is the only stuff which a person can enjoy properly easily so now what. N just not that it is not just about taste but wheat n milk r essential for good energy level how can you compromise with milk. I don't know what to do.

I have even left non-veg egg 15 yrs back so as to please god. I don't repent it has it is good for spirituality n I don't like killing i don't even kill a mosquito.

I was just thinking i have celiac so i become sick easily but why r so many people getting sick n actually i was a strong person in childhood others used be afraid of me.even now i have a good body if you see me you won't believe i have celiac It is only i who know my energy levels.

And i also it might be somewhat good by celiac which gave me so much vairagya about this world n made me lose interest in this world. I don't know am i blessed or cursed.

Also i urge to others just check the gluten thing. See if you don't have any side effects from wheat n milk. Some times it might come if you have other diseases. Just check out the symptoms carefully after having wheat especially biscuits, buns bread etc n direct milk if you get headache, stomach problems fatigue laziness depression better check the Internet for more about celiac

Dear sunyata

You told you are still suffering is it any type of disease. N what do mean by it is not effecting you n inner silence is blocking it
Do you think you have reached the blissful state

Edited by - ranjan on Jul 10 2015 6:43:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  6:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ranjan,

There is a stage on the spiritual path which some people come to, where they loose interest temporarily in the worldly life. Things of a material nature begin to seem meaningless and without any real value. It is a stage in the turning towards the divine. It sounds like you are going through this, hence your continuous questioning about the true nature of God. It is a stage that is sometimes referred to as "world-weariness".

If you are able to see it for what it is, then it is a very powerful and beneficial stage as it will take you from the mundane world into the process of spiritual transformation. It is a circular process though, because as we are taken higher on the spiritual path we begin to come more fully into the physical, only in a transformed and more illuminated way.

On the nature of God, it is not something that can be understood with the mind. Attempting to understand the nature of God with the mind can lead to a trap on the path. Everyone has their own idea about what God is, so even discussing God can be quite meaningless as everyone is talking about something different. The best way to come to know God directly is through the cultivation of inner silence. When the mind becomes quiet and clear, it becomes free from fluctuations, from mental chatter and from false identification. At that point, we are able to see clearly what is, in stillness and silence. Then the nature of divine reality, or God, as it is also known, becomes known in the heart.

So I would advise you to practice sincerely if you are sincere. The lessons begin here.

On the subject of Guru's, they say that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. So concentrate on making yourself ready and they will come looking for you. You won't need to go anywhere.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  7:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari om tat sat

Dear christi

How to tell it doesn't confuses into believing something is a big question.

See you have been practicing so many years why haven't you contacted god yet or why hasn't god contacted you

Edited by - ranjan on Jul 10 2015 7:55:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  8:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is an old Hindu legend that at one time all men on earth were gods but man so sinned and abused the divine that Brahma, the god of all gods decided that this special gift should be taken away from man and hid someplace where he would never find it again and abuse it.
One god said: "Let's bury it deep in the earth."
Brahma said: "No, man will dig down in the earth
and find it"
Another god said: "Let's put it in the deepest ocean."
Brahma said: "No, man will learn to dive and find
it there someday"
A third god suggested: "Why don't we hide it in the highest
mountain?
Brahma said: "No, man can climb the highest mountain. I have a better idea let's
hide it down in man himself. Man
will never think to look there.

Point:
God is within you
We all have the power to accomplish what we want to if we'll just stop looking elsewhere.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  02:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  08:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari om tat sat

Dear jusmail

I think u people should start listing the powers u have achieved

Can anyone
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  10:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ranjan your topic has made me smile, why do you persist on pulling everyones leg with this joke of yours?

Methinks you are getting people to express themselves and by doing so get their answers.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  10:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I think u people should start listing the powers u have achieved
That would definitely be the wrong thing to do. Boasting and oversized egos are a hindrance on the path.

"We have achieved" nothing. "Achieved" is ego talk. Enlightenment is a state of grace. You may be allowed into it, but it is incompatible with this sort of ego arrogance you are hinting to.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  11:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ranjan,

Everyone has already given you good advice. Please sit back and contemplate on the advice.

I think all human beings suffer one way or the other. Suffering is relative.
We cannot control our life circumstances. However, we can control how we deal with what life throws at us- this wisdom comes with our spiritual practices.
You are blessed to have found this forum. There is worth 10 years of writing here. You can search the forum for most of your question.

Here are few prayers that has helped me on my way

Sanskrit
Om Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya
Mrityor Ma Amritam Gamaya
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

Meaning

Lead me from the unreal to the real
Lead from the darkness to the light
Lead me from death to immortality
Let there be peace peace and peacefulness

Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 11 2015 11:54:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  12:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari om tat sat

Dear so-hi

It is good i made you smile fun is always a part

Dear blue

I just replied for the story ok i shall put it this way what are the sufferings you have overcome
Now can you all list it. What i think is after months forgot years it is good to have a look for what has been the change. Off course their will be changes i am just asking it

And why to be egoistic for powers we don't have any powers we are just humans nobody can become gods

Dear sunyata

This was the prayer we in school had been praying daily thanks for reminding it
This forum is like ocean i am very difficult finding answers

Edited by - ranjan on Jul 11 2015 12:58:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  12:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a search button on the top right corner of the main page. You can type your question there and do a search.
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  1:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari om tat sat

Yeah sunyata i have tried that but still finding difficult to get to know what i want
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  07:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
what are the sufferings you have overcome
This is what I've learnt from yoga: While pain is sometimes unavoidable, suffering is ego-made and is entirely avoidable. It is caused by accepting what is - the many “should”s and “ought“s in our minds, opposing what reality/the universe has already brought about.

These days I see suffering as a lesson - If I suffer, that means I still have some baggage to discard, some resistance to get out of.
Dropping expectations, giving up mind-made projections as to how life/those around me should treat me makes a huge difference. I am more able to love and accept others as they are. And I am better at seeing that world is just perfect in its imperfection. I can't put it any better than L Cohen: "There is crack in everything/ That's how the light gets in"

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 12 2015 07:57:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  3:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari om tat sat
Dear blue

Ok so this would be applied to mental pain but how will you come out of physical pain like a cut from knife or pain due to ulcers etc have you been able to stop suffering from such physical pains
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly, most physical pain is transitory - the body heals and the pain is gone. There are some exception of course, in which cases pain has to be managed and meditation /yoga is a great help.
Secondly, when the physical body stops being the centre of your awareness, bodily pain becomes peripheral issue i.e. does not touch the core of your being.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000