Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini and Marijuana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  5:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing kundalini mediation methods for 6 months now and I am advancing at a very fast pace. I smoke weed on a weekly bases and sometimes I will meditate while I'm stoned out of my mind. Iv learned to control irrational thoughts of paranoia when I'm high and when I meditate I feel a closer presence to the divine and start finding answers to questions Ive had. What do you think this means?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 12 2013 5:57:31 PM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  11:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigoism
What do you think this means?

Hi Indigoism,

I do not know what this means. I wish I could help, but I don't know.

Bewell

PS I notice that there is no icon expressive of "I do not know."
PPS Earlier, I pre-planned that next time I got a chance to say it honestly, I would say "I do not know." This just happens to be the first on the Forum. I did it today face to face twice. I hope to use it again sometime, if it seems to fit. It feels strange to me, as a guy, who would like to be in the know, but I feel it is time to get used to admitting limitations.

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  08:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indigoism, do you mean kundalini meditation as taught by yogi bhajan? On the topic of substance use and practice, if you try the search at the top-right with related key words, some discussions will show up. Maybe you will find an answer or helpful hints about it there. I'm with bewell on this, I don't know, and I don't use those methods.

Some search results:
Deep Meditation & Marijuana
Cannabis
Marijuana and me
Tantra and Cannabis, difficult practice???

Be sure to also look at lesson 307 quoted by Bodhi Tree in one of those topics so you have a well-rounded perspective from where you can choose what you think is most appropriate for you.
Go to Top of Page

Indigoism

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  10:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea I apologize but it's almost hard to explain but I will check out these forums thank you.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  2:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Indigoism
...I will check out these forums thank you.

Hi Indigoism,

Those are some interesting links to past forum discussions. I enjoyed skimming through them this morning.

In addition I also found and enjoyed AYP Lesson 307:
http://www.aypsite.org/307.html

Personally, I find that all of lesson 307 rings true concerning the benefits and limitations of marajuana use.

Be

Go to Top of Page

elgadaniel

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  8:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stop smoking marajuana!..........I smoked everyday for 5 years in the 70s...........I know what i am talking about........It is NOT a harmless, beneficial herb........It is a very strong, mind altering substance..........If you want to eat it or wear hemp shirts, that is fine..........But don't burn it & inhale it thru your lungs, okay?

Marajuana slows down your spiritual growth.........You don't go thru the life lesson's that you need for your evolution......It opens up chakras prematurely..........It gives you experiences that you have not earned......

warm regards.

Edited by - elgadaniel on Nov 05 2013 9:38:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  09:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It all depends on what you want and what works for you.

parvati

edited for brevity

Edited by - parvati9 on Nov 09 2013 08:39:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  12:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I liked your original pre-edited post a lot better Parvati!

I'm not in any way challenging you for changing your post. Just want to mention how much leadership you offer me on the path when you're so open about your life's journey.

Thank you my friend!

quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

It all depends on what you want and what works for you.

parvati

edited for brevity

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  2:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found that it really helps with the sitting practice. You are really able to feel the energy when doing SB for instance. On the other hand you wont dream much at least i dont remember them. If you are overloading it can make it worse.. I have also found it interferes with the rising inner silence during the day. To be honest it is a form of suppresion of our emotions and state of being.

Yet I still do it.

Everything being even it would be best not to but we all have our paths to walk.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  10:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

I notice that there is no icon expressive of "I do not know."

V  V
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

quote:
Originally posted by bewell

I notice that there is no icon expressive of "I do not know."

V  V

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  7:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by elgadaniel
It is a very strong, mind altering substance...

Marajuana slows down your spiritual growth.........You don't go thru the life lesson's that you need for your evolution...

Yes, I found that it was this way for me. It may be different for some. Smoking marijuana was simply a numbing agent for me. I view it as having taken steady doses of poison: I could not be at my full potential. It ceased to be pleasant and became more obligatory. When I stopped taking antidepressants, the desire to smoke marijuana and drink alcohol subsided quickly. It's pretty much been overload city in the year since then. But I started to hear something wonderful. I still deal with other impulsive behaviors.

I've heard that some people have awakenings from using drugs. That's amazing! The ways of the Universe are truly inexplicable.
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  11:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find eating marijuana to provide the best "high" for meditation purposes. Calms the mind pretty well and makes you very present and aware of your body. Smoking it can do this too sometimes but has its downfalls. I've had my fair share of experiences with it and still use it frequently. Although it opened me up more spiritually and was a catalyst for me get serious about meditating, I agree with some of the people here that it can slow you down. You can get very comfortable with where you're at and it can numb some of the more charged emotions that need to be fully felt and integrated. It's also very easy to begin to rely on it to reach certain states of mind. Sorry if I'm coming off as a hypocrite as I am still trying to take my own advise on the matter, but it's been my experience that moderation can play a big role in what you get out of it. The high is much more profound and conducive to growth in moderation vs frequent use.

quote:
I've heard that some people have awakenings from using drugs. That's amazing! The ways of the Universe are truly inexplicable.

In my opinion drugs can sometimes act as a catalyst for lessons and experiences which the person is ripe for. Within them they harbor unconscious seeds which just needs the right conditions to sprout, and sometimes (for some people) being on certain drugs, specifically entheogens, can create that condition within their consciousness. I could be wrong but it's how I like to look at it.

It's like the many spiritual paths and religions out there, some work for some people, others don't. It's according to ones nature. Infinitely diverse experiences are being had by all of us, and they all point to the same consciousness experiencing itself in all its limitless possibilities. That definitely IS amazing.

Edited by - Chaz on Nov 11 2013 11:14:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  12:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz

I find eating marijuana to provide the best "high" for meditation purposes.
I remember one time I had eaten a pot brownie, and I was slowly escalating into the super-stoned stratosphere, and I was watching a movie with my wife at the time. The movie was "Match Point" by Woody Allen, and unlike most Woody Allen films, this one is not particularly humorous, and actually very dark in a sophisticated, intellectual way. Anyway, in the movie, this tennis player marries a rich woman and then starts having an affair with another dame on the side, and he ends up impregnating the mistress. The mistress demands that he leave his aristocratic wife, but instead, the guy ends up blowing her (and his unborn child) away with a shotgun. Very dark, very twisted.

So, by the time the story had reached its ominous peak, I was really blazed out of my gourd, and there arose an overwhelming surge of guilt within me. Why? Well, I had cheated on my wife about a month prior and had been trying desperately to swallow my egregious deed. But, lo and behold, the power of the pot brownie, coupled with the content of the movie, dredged up the darkness, and I had to tell her. It was intense. Ultimately, that catalyzed the demise of the marriage and the consequential shift in my gears, leading to a K awakening and stumbling upon AYP.

So, yeah, pot brownies. How 'bout that. Now, I just try to get high as a kite off the bliss consciousness derived from DM and other gateways. But, I must pay homage to the good old ganja for splitting open my conscience to let out the truth.

P.S. I don't remember if I've posted this story before, but if I have, I'll just blame it on my diminished memory from the vast quantity of THC that was ingested during those days prior to my change in direction. Slowly but surely, the nervous system is restoring itself to full function...and I would dare say...even to super-function.

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol thx for sharing bodhi.

Indigoism, if the practices are working for you, keep practicing.

If there's a desire to gently favor quitting marijuana smoking, then I'd suggest favoring it.

If there's no desire to quit, that's not a problem either.

Eventually, in my experience, practices lead us away from any form of intoxicating ourselves, because every day life, in an unaltered state of mind, becomes a greater joy.

But that happens gradually, often over several years, and old habits may continue for a while anyway.

I can't answer your question "what does this mean" except by saying that it sounds like it means your making progress with your practices, and should keep moving toward the divine presence within you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000