Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Maya..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wasn't really sure where to put this, initially I wanted to add it to the AYP general support section but I'm not sure I can be considered as practicing AYP- exact. I do DM daily, but use a mantra given to me instead of I AM. I also use mulabhanda, siddhasana, shambavi mudra and SBP on occasion too. Anyway, feel free to move this if you know of a better fit.

My kundalini journey began long ago, but got very intense at the start of 2012 when I was initiated in India. The physical symptoms blew my mind, and the emotional stuff was quite a roller coaster ride. I've kept a journal, to try and track it all.. but sometimes it's difficult to know what is kundalini and what is just life-stuff.

There have been certain points where I needed someone to talk to about what I was experiencing, to help me through certain things. And at other times I just wanted to share, to get a feeling that at least one other person knew what I was talking about/going through. This occasion is more of the latter..

Lately when out in the world, I look around me and get this all-permeating sense that nothing is real. I don't mean that in a derealization/anxiety sense.. more like everything around me is a screenplay and I am both author and actor. When this real-ization hits me, I get this incredible (and most times irresistible) urge to laugh.

Today I wondered to myself, is this why they refer to maya as the cosmic joker? Lol.

Just had to share

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  3:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing : - )
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  3:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And while what I wrote seems to imply a certain disconnection, I feel simultaneously one with everything. I think the 'shock' of the paradox is what makes me laugh, it just bubbles up from within. Has anyone else experienced this?
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  5:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think I have experienced something similar.

Quite frequently, experience seems to become transparent. By this, I mean sense perceptions almost seem like a celluloid film - relatively transparent, and illumined by the light behind them. Yet the light illumining them is the light of consciousness/pure awareness.

This light illumines all experience equally, being the fundamental substratum of experience, thus it is all one, all made from and illumined by the light of consciousness.

As transparently unreal as the frames of a celluloid film, yet owing it's reality to the illuminating light.

I don't know if that compares to your experience, but that was how it was for me. It's only a limited way of describing it, the words don't do it justice. As though one sees through the veil.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  6:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL! That is so awesome, shakti. Often, I'll be at work, and my supervisor will come out of her office, and I'll just start laughing, and I honestly can't identify the reason, so she just laughs with me and says: "You're a mess!"...and I agree!

Glad I'm not alone in this phenomenon of laughing at the dream-world quality of daily reality. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000