New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  4:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm a recreational smoker..I'll smoke like 2 or 3 times in one week but I've also been doing Deep Meditaiton and I would like to know if it's safe to do both at the same time?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  5:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coleslaaw.

You might get a wide variety of answers from other forumites, but I for one still smoke marijuana on a daily basis along with practicing AYP techniques. But with this said, I have been a chronic marijuana smoker for over half of my life, and have cut back considerably on my total daily intake since starting AYP. I do not find it is detrimental in any way to DM, but many other forumites say the complete opposite. I attribute this to many things, the main being that there are many different strains and potencies of marijuana, each with their own individual effects, and to the fact that people with a low THC tolerance will react much differently to a dose that would be just right for a person with a higher THC tolerance. The effects are always subjective.

So in my opinion, if you don't find that it is hindering your meditation in anyway, don't stress over it, it is an attachment that will be dropped as needed. If you DO find that it is hindering your meditations, then stop. Meditation is more important then getting high. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Might want to have a read through of this topic as there is much info on many people's opinions on marijuana and meditation.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2112

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 18 2008 5:39:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  5:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi coleslaw, in terms of safeness, I don't think there should be any problems.

Apart from that, I think you're still hindering the purification process by using marihuana regularly. But on the other hand if you keep up the practice, it's likely that you'll be inclined to drop this habit over time.

Btw CarsonZi, I don't think you can truly say that using marihuana is in no way detrimental to your practice. Have you tried practicing without it long term?
If not, it's good to mention this fact when speaking about how detrimental or not it is to practice.
(Btw congrats on your success with coming off the harder drugs :) And I wish you success in continuing with the others :)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  11:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tadeas.

I CAN truly say that marijuana is in no way (at this point) detrimental to my practices. (And I always stress that this is my experience and that most people would react differently.) I know this for several reasons....
Firstly, I have an eating disorder (have had it since I was 10) that is very painful and the doctors can not figure out what it is caused by. I wake up in the mornings and am usually very hungry, but I cannot (literally) get anything down my throat. (The only thing I can get down is water and it instantly makes me puke.) I then start puking yellow bile until there is nothing left to puke. This usually lasts until about 1pm ish, IF I don't smoke pot earlier. If I smoke pot soon after I wake up, even as little as 1 "kind" hit now, all this can be avoided and I can go straight into my morning practices. Without that 1 hit, (before it was a couple of bongs, or a fat joint) there will be no possibility of me being able to be comfortable enough to sit through my practices.
Secondly, about a month, or a little longer maybe, ago I went 3 days without smoking pot because I did not wake up ill those days. I did not smoke one hit for 3 days, the longest I have gone since I was 12 years old, 15 years ago. I did my practices twice a day as usual, but I found it incredibly difficult to sit still for these times and harder then average to not entertain my thoughts. (as would be expected for some time to come as my system rids itself of the THC buildup) On the third evening I caved in and smoked a joint. I wrote about the experience that happened during that joint and have tried to link to it, but it is linking to a different post so I will just paste what I wrote below....

"Just wanted to share a recent experience with you all...

I recently decided to REALLY cut back on my cannibas intake, moreso then I have ever done before...I went 3 days without smoking a single puff, but broke down on the third day and rolled a blunt. What proceeded to happen after this surprised the hell outta me.

Since I had not smoked for 3 days, (which is 3 days longer then I have ever gone in almost 15 years) my tolreance was probably diminished and this may have had something to do with why what happened seemed so drastic to me. As soon as I started to feel the full effects of the joint and my eyelids dropped a few millimeters I realized I was naturally going into sambhavi, and as soon as I realized this my third eye started BURNING...and I mean burning. I have had much third eye pressure in the past few months but nothing like this. This was like someone was pushing a red hot "tear" shaped branding iron right in the middle of my forehead. I stopped smoking as this happened and went directly into DEEP meditation. No mantra, no thoughts, just sambhavi in samadhi. It even took a while for me to realize I was in samadhi as I had lost all concept of "I". When I realized I was in samadhi it knocked me out of the unity but I still stayed in DM. At this point I could feel my"self" again and could feel the most amazing electricity buzzing through every nerve and every hair on every cell of my body went straight out. My wife saw me at this point and laughed at me (which brought me out of DM unfortunately) saying I looked crazy cause my beard hair was standing straight out off of my face like I had put hair jel in it or something. Please keep in mind that this is the first time this has happened to me through cannibas use, but I thought I should mention it since it DID happen."

I hope you will agree that we as humans cannot impose our beliefs on any other. There are no absolutes. Just because you think that there is no way the marijuana is beneficial to my practices doesn't actually make it so. It really IS beneficial to my practices at this point. There will be no practices if I don't smoke. (at least for now) If you met me you would have NO idea I use marijuana. And you would have had no idea that I was an ex-IV heroin/methamphtamine and methadone addict either. You would have thought I was just a regular (albiet very tattooed and follically challenged) guy. My new employers have no idea that I still smoke pot (and I have a huge marijuana sleeve tattoo on my arm and they know all about my drug history, just think I don't use anything anymore) and they are trained to detect any form of drug use as we work in a homeless shelter that has an "intox" department and all the users are seperated from the non-users. Not everyone reacts to substances the way we are told they should and you may be surprised at who is using and who is not. Half the people at the shelter seem f'ed beyond belief, but they are completely sober. And some of the soberist seeming people are actually the most screwed up. Don't cover all drug users with the same blanket. I could say the same thing about coffee that you are saying about marijuana. It is probably pretty detrimental to most people's practices. But I bet there are some people out there that actually DO need a cup of coffee to have a peacefilled practices session even if it is just until they drop the need for coffee. As I've said many times in this thread and in others, the addiction to marijuana is lessening as I progress, but there is still a need for it at this point, and that need is very real. Someday it will not be necessary I hope, but I need solutions not stigma.
Please don't read this and think I am being hostile or whatever, I'm not. I'm not angry or upset, I just hope that we here at the forum can stay away from marginalizing and imprisoning people into areas where they don't belong. We are all different and our journeys will all be different. What is right for one may not be right for another, but all roads lead home.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 19 2008 11:24:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  5:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'n my experience marijuana works mainly with the energetic side of yoga, not so much with inner stillness.

What it CAN do in that regard, however, is "teach" you how to be more in the present via the senses. The senses are not the culmination of presence, however, they are a "vessel" for stillness - bringing YOU into the present. For someone who has no clue what that means marijuana can be a real opener. If you already understand that concept and continue to use it the danger is that you become dependent on it for "enriched experience". This can lead to a diminished enjoyment in yoga due to the instantly attainable state of marijuana vs the slloooooownes of yoga.

Marijuana and yoga were both a part of my path for almost a year and a half. It played a part for sure in my bhakti because the mysterious experiences were able to be temporaily experienced for myself. But, I believe it also had a price with it and that was that it took me a long time (still learning) to be patient and enjoy the slowness of the path.
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson, I agree with what you've written. Do as you please.

I would not say your case is one of "recreational smoking" - and that was the question in the first place. I think it should be said that with regular substance use, it's likely to be a hindrance in the purificaiton process. In a case like yours when it's more of a necessity, it's obvious that another approach is needed. No problem. But when smoking or not smoking is only a matter of choice, why throw the mud on the clean floor again? That's the only thing I inteded to say :)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  8:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course tadeas you are right. I am not a recreational smoker, have never really been one, and so I guess my posting was irrelevant. And I agree that if it is not absolutely necessary, why? But in my defence I have NEVER recommended marijuana use to anyone. At least I don't think so.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  8:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you all for your posts believe me I am taking all of them into consideration...I don't really see any effect on my practice with me smoking marijuana..In fact, while I was still on my high about 2 days ago, I came home and decided to do some meditation...Well, before that I had somewhat given up on the practice, in fact actually it wasnt giving up just trying new thing..What I tried was the Soham mantra then I asked my spirit guides and Master Choa Kok Sui to lead me to the proper meditaiton practice but anyway something told me to reread the book because one of the reasons I stopped doing the Deep Meditation was because of a splitting headache that I got which lasted so long(whole day) that I just said forget this but this is one of the reasons you should never skip around in a book because I wouldn't have wasted so much valueable time trying to do those other practices if I hadn't done that...I read in the book that though it is a rare case, headaches can happen as part of the purification practice so yea I felt like a dumbass..I read finished reading the chapter and had all my questions answered so I laid down and did some preliminary breathing exercises that I actually learned while practicing using the Soham mantra...after that I proceeded with the practice as outlined in the book and started to feel the headache feeling and energy sensations come on again..I remembered Yogani saying to "favor the mantra" so I did just that...When I started paying too much attention to the breath..I favored the mantra..When the pressure fom the energy was getting heavier..I favored the mantra so in the process of doing this all the energy just stopped, the little headaches? stopped..after this I felt the most wonderful feeling of bliss..It was like the weight of the world had just been lifted off my shoulders..LOL, I got so excited about what was happening that I just opened my eyes but man I dont even know how to describe it but lately I've been feeling great..I even smoked yesterday and meditated this morning I can still feel the inner silence and I still get feelings of bliss every few minutes..Also, the whole day I've been able to breath through both of my nostrils so what I think is that for me I couldn't meditate right after smoking..I would have to come down from my high a great deal before I could even think about meditating but if you do I don't see anything wrong with that but in MY CASE? It hasn't affected me one bit

Edited by - coleslaaw on Nov 19 2008 8:34:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  8:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OMG long sentences!
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  8:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

OMG long sentences!

LOL
Cliffnote version:

I had my first experience of bliss a few hours after I got high, smoked yesterday, did Deep Meditation this morning and STILL get feelings of bliss like I got 2 days ago and can STILL feel my inner silence so the conclusion I came to was that, No, it doesn't affect my practice at all but what might work for one person might not work for everybody

Edited by - coleslaaw on Nov 19 2008 8:56:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  9:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

OMG long sentences!

Hahahahaha
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  9:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

Btw CarsonZi, I don't think you can truly say that using marihuana is in no way detrimental to your practice. Have you tried practicing without it long term?

Hi tadeas,

Had a long thought about this and I actually HAVE spent about 6 years on the spiritual path without marijuana. These were from the age of 6-12, but I really was already searching for the Truth with my whole heart. At this time I was a "born again" Christian and believed in the whole fundamentalist aspect of the "Evangelical" version of Christianity. God without not God within. It wasn't until I smoked pot that my "eyes" were opened to the reality of what my parents had been doing to me since birth. Basically the whole "Jesus Camp" movie thing. Brainwashing me. Marijuana led me on a long journey back to myself, and it will act as the crutch to aid my broken leg until it heals. So to speak. I don't know if you will consider this as me practicing without marijuana, but after some deep inner consideration, I do. Take from it what you will.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  9:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Cannibis thread in the "other practices" section is a very long and long-standing thread about the many marijuana/yoga experiences of people on here. I have found it to be very useful throughout my practice.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  11:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

P.S. Might want to have a read through of this topic as there is much info on many people's opinions on marijuana and meditation.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2112

The above link will take you to the thread Anthony574 is talking about

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 20 2008 12:17:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  7:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I try and do a nice smoking pose once in a while, lately its been less often just because theres no money, but hey.

Smoking ganja led to a lot of realizations about the malleability of truth, and questioning of authority, but also the nature of true authority, and what is spiritual law... when its time to stop thinking about this stuff that doesn't matter.

when I first started smoking I had read a lot about it and had these conceptions that it would lead to enlightenment, everytime I smoked with my friends who by comparison seemed to just be trying to get high and have a good time, I would think about how nothing existed, until I got high enough to forget about that, to forget about the conversation, to forget I was even high, until somebody said my name and snapped me out of it, basically forced another hit on me like "You need to take this with us!", "Peer pressure!" it was all really funny, learning the language, hearing the music and looking at the trippy drawings that suddenly came alive, I felt like I was on the brink of a totally new world, where things nothing made sense because it really didn't need to, I thought this must be the way things actually are. I zoned in and out many times on long soliloquoys. Many times, I was convinced I would never come down.

Everything is meditation, after I came down I learned how to savor every aspect of an experience, even the pain.. because it can be really harsh.. but you know you're about to get so so zonked.

I was really dumb in those days, and it was fine, I had really good conversations about the meaning of life, which I forgot, and it was fine, there was really nothing to worry about, and the things I did worry about, I knew I understood absolutely nothing, I was just bugging out, it would come around when it needed to.

Edited by - porcupine on Nov 20 2008 9:02:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

lakshmi_shegar

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  01:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit lakshmi_shegar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coleslaaw,

Many formalist have different opinion and you will get different answers I am no different. I would say follow you mind if you feel it is not safe do quit it. It is a good thing to do. Meditation is more important for your betterment of life.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man, I've decided to quit smoking for at least a month...If that goes well than I'll just drop it completely...I must've had a bad blunt or something but I feel like my energy is all over the place...It's gonna be hard though since everybody and they mom smokes nowadays and most of my friends do too but I'll get through it
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  4:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi tadeas.

I CAN truly say that marijuana is in no way (at this point) detrimental to my practices. (And I always stress that this is my experience and that most people would react differently.) I know this for several reasons....
Firstly, I have an eating disorder (have had it since I was 10) that is very painful and the doctors can not figure out what it is caused by. I wake up in the mornings and am usually very hungry, but I cannot (literally) get anything down my throat. (The only thing I can get down is water and it instantly makes me puke.) I then start puking yellow bile until there is nothing left to puke. This usually lasts until about 1pm ish, IF I don't smoke pot earlier. If I smoke pot soon after I wake up, even as little as 1 "kind" hit now, all this can be avoided and I can go straight into my morning practices. Without that 1 hit, (before it was a couple of bongs, or a fat joint) there will be no possibility of me being able to be comfortable enough to sit through my practices.
Secondly, about a month, or a little longer maybe, ago I went 3 days without smoking pot because I did not wake up ill those days. I did not smoke one hit for 3 days, the longest I have gone since I was 12 years old, 15 years ago. I did my practices twice a day as usual, but I found it incredibly difficult to sit still for these times and harder then average to not entertain my thoughts. (as would be expected for some time to come as my system rids itself of the THC buildup) On the third evening I caved in and smoked a joint. I wrote about the experience that happened during that joint and have tried to link to it, but it is linking to a different post so I will just paste what I wrote below....

"Just wanted to share a recent experience with you all...

I recently decided to REALLY cut back on my cannibas intake, moreso then I have ever done before...I went 3 days without smoking a single puff, but broke down on the third day and rolled a blunt. What proceeded to happen after this surprised the hell outta me.

Since I had not smoked for 3 days, (which is 3 days longer then I have ever gone in almost 15 years) my tolreance was probably diminished and this may have had something to do with why what happened seemed so drastic to me. As soon as I started to feel the full effects of the joint and my eyelids dropped a few millimeters I realized I was naturally going into sambhavi, and as soon as I realized this my third eye started BURNING...and I mean burning. I have had much third eye pressure in the past few months but nothing like this. This was like someone was pushing a red hot "tear" shaped branding iron right in the middle of my forehead. I stopped smoking as this happened and went directly into DEEP meditation. No mantra, no thoughts, just sambhavi in samadhi. It even took a while for me to realize I was in samadhi as I had lost all concept of "I". When I realized I was in samadhi it knocked me out of the unity but I still stayed in DM. At this point I could feel my"self" again and could feel the most amazing electricity buzzing through every nerve and every hair on every cell of my body went straight out. My wife saw me at this point and laughed at me (which brought me out of DM unfortunately) saying I looked crazy cause my beard hair was standing straight out off of my face like I had put hair jel in it or something. Please keep in mind that this is the first time this has happened to me through cannibas use, but I thought I should mention it since it DID happen."

I hope you will agree that we as humans cannot impose our beliefs on any other. There are no absolutes. Just because you think that there is no way the marijuana is beneficial to my practices doesn't actually make it so. It really IS beneficial to my practices at this point. There will be no practices if I don't smoke. (at least for now) If you met me you would have NO idea I use marijuana. And you would have had no idea that I was an ex-IV heroin/methamphtamine and methadone addict either. You would have thought I was just a regular (albiet very tattooed and follically challenged) guy. My new employers have no idea that I still smoke pot (and I have a huge marijuana sleeve tattoo on my arm and they know all about my drug history, just think I don't use anything anymore) and they are trained to detect any form of drug use as we work in a homeless shelter that has an "intox" department and all the users are seperated from the non-users. Not everyone reacts to substances the way we are told they should and you may be surprised at who is using and who is not. Half the people at the shelter seem f'ed beyond belief, but they are completely sober. And some of the soberist seeming people are actually the most screwed up. Don't cover all drug users with the same blanket. I could say the same thing about coffee that you are saying about marijuana. It is probably pretty detrimental to most people's practices. But I bet there are some people out there that actually DO need a cup of coffee to have a peacefilled practices session even if it is just until they drop the need for coffee. As I've said many times in this thread and in others, the addiction to marijuana is lessening as I progress, but there is still a need for it at this point, and that need is very real. Someday it will not be necessary I hope, but I need solutions not stigma.
Please don't read this and think I am being hostile or whatever, I'm not. I'm not angry or upset, I just hope that we here at the forum can stay away from marginalizing and imprisoning people into areas where they don't belong. We are all different and our journeys will all be different. What is right for one may not be right for another, but all roads lead home.

Love,
Carson

Bravo,Carson. Well said.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  08:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello brothers and sisters,

coleslaaw: There is a post by me in the marijuana thread that talks about my experiences a bit.

My general opinion on the matter boils down to this: Cannabis (called ganjika in sanskrit) is a very powerful yogic tool as well as a medicine. Like any tool or medicine it can be abused and can also become a crutch.

I sometimes use ganjika as a medicine, and when I do so I also enjoy the way it shifts my consciousness within. Praise be unto the Light within!

I however no longer smoke it, as to me it was the most detrimental effect of ingesting the herb. I either vaporize it or cook it into foods, in doing so sparing my lungs from being devastated by combustion byproducts.

For me the main concern about ingesting cannabis is "where did it come from"? I am forced to acquire mine from whoever has it at the time, as it is illegal to grow your own in the country that I live in. It bothers me that I can not know how the plant was raised and treated; for example, what kinds of fertilizers were applied, if any? There have been studies done that show that chemical (non-organic) fertilizers can actually made plants radioactive!

Your path is your own to walk, just be careful not to be tempted to pick up some crutches and hobble instead.

~ in peace

Edited by - stillness on Jan 19 2009 01:24:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

windh2o

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  07:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit windh2o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
here in India the stuff is illegal - like in the USA because of the recreational aspect.
I use occasionally - hoping further progress in my meditation practice will provide a better "middle path" solution (versus just "partying all the time (as in the Eddie Murphy song)")
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  12:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Off topic.

I know I'm going to sound lame very lame and out of touch but ...

People still smoke pot??? I thought that went out of style like bell bottoms. I guess I don't get out much.

One day a few months ago I walked into the local video store to rent something. The pungent aroma of pot was in the air. It was so strong. I felt a deep headache and a great loss of my inner peace, like if I became concentrated in my head, a big drop from above, what a prison. A very bad experience.

P.S. Moderator, please remove this if it does not fit the purpose here.

I complained to the clerks there. How rude, attacking my mental state without my permission. Plus, I had my young son with me. That's all we need in America second-hand highs! I can just see it now, commercials on TV warning about smoking and driving.

Edited by - Jo-self on Feb 15 2009 1:22:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  1:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't have that strong an effect. I'm sure there was no intention of attacking you. You felt bad because of associations you make. Your child won't get "high" from smelling it in a store. The first time you get high you have to smoke a lot to get over a certain threshold.

Then less after that, but to get high from second hand smoke would take so much smoke you could hardly see through it.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 15 2009 1:19:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  10:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

You felt bad because of associations you make.

That is probably true, I hope. I'll see if next time I can dispassionately observe my minds effect.

quote:
Your child won't get "high" from smelling it in a store. The first time you get high you have to smoke a lot to get over a certain threshold.

Hmmmm. I wonder. You need very little LSD to feel effects, wouldn't other hallucinogenics be similar? I admit I don't know about it.

Anyway, I hope you can see how those who don't smoke feel very "suspect" about its use. Especially in cultures that are prone to misuse stuff, even food.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  01:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jo-self,
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

quote:
Your child won't get "high" from smelling it in a store. The first time you get high you have to smoke a lot to get over a certain threshold.

Hmmmm. I wonder. You need very little LSD to feel effects, wouldn't other hallucinogenics be similar? I admit I don't know about it.

I know about it. Dosages for LSD-25 are weighed in micrograms. You can feel as little as 20ug. The only other substances currently known on the planet that has any effect at a dosage that low is 2C-B-Fly and Bromo-Dragonfly. THC dosages are wieghed in the milligrams. In order for you, someone with no tolerance to feel ANY effect you would have to actively inhale at least 33.333mgs of high potency weed. You would have to sit in a small car while someone smoked a whole joint with the windows rolled up in order to get high from second hand smoke. (these statistics are off www.erowid.org)

quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Anyway, I hope you can see how those who don't smoke feel very "suspect" about its use. Especially in cultures that are prone to misuse stuff, even food.

Of course jo-self. It's all good. People generally fear what they have no understanding of. And there is lots of propaganda and stigma attached to smoking pot. It's not half as bad as they make it out to be. Compared to alcohol, marijuana is childs play. (IMO)

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

windh2o

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  9:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit windh2o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LSD? Why? Lazy seekers take that stuff...
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  5:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
marijuana incites dullness and is not conducive to meditation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000