Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Please help, kundalini is making me lose my mind.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  01:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There are a few posts on here about kundalini overloads from engaging in practices outside of AYP, or overloads in the head. My issue, however, comes from twice daily spinal breathing over four years and is centered in the chest. One morning it felt like my spinal nerve melted, and then when I rested I was racked with violent energy. Long story short, my radiance from my chest is massively expanded and now I am constantly burning physically and on edge mentally. I could deal with this, but another symptom is that life is just too emotionally intense for me. Almost anything can overwhelm me emotionally, including simple shapes and colors. It has also made my anxiety explode to the point where I have a hard time functioning.

This opening happened one year and three months ago. Since then I have taken weeks off of all practice and now I only do light meditation (5 minutes of Zazen once a day. Deep meditation is WAY too strong).

I am willing to do anything to calm this kundalini down, so here is my question: what can I do besides exercise, eat heavy, orgasm, and avoid spiritual thoughts? Should I stop meditation completely? I am considering medication if nothing else works.

Thank you all so much for your help.

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  09:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Assorted Vibrations,

are self-pacing and the grounding methods you mention having any effect? Have you had any symptoms of overloading prior to when it first began (1y 3months)? You mention taking a few weeks off of practice: have you been cutting back during that interval as well?

I am curious what your practices were, and for how long. You only mention one. Spinal breathing pranayama in AYP is never ever done on its own.

From the first introduction on pranayama, lesson 41 says "begin by doing this spinal breathing practice for five minutes before your regular meditations. We don't get up between pranayama and meditation" which is followed up immediately with lesson 43: "pranayama is not recommended as a stand-alone practice without meditation .. practicing pranayama alone without meditation can leave the practitioner vulnerable in some ways."

These are just the questions and observations I can think of. I would try keeping up self-pacing in the long term (months and even years) until everything becomes more manageable, though this is based on the advice others provide and not my own.
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  12:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AumNatural,

The grounding methods I mentioned all do help to some degree, and I try to be daily with all of them for the most part. The issue is that overall I don't seem to be able to decrease the strength of the kundalini, I just get temporary relief.

After the opening I took a couple weeks off, and then I did again maybe a few months later when I realized that deep mediation was actually provoking kundalini.

My practice started with deep meditation twice a day and stayed that way (also adding spinal breathing a couple weeks in) until a few months after the big opening, when I realized it was contributing to my overload. I had already cut meditation times down to 5 minutes twice a day but I decided to take another couple weeks off, and then just do the 5 minutes of Zazen once a day in the morning.

I guess one of my main inquiries is, would it be more calming to take another couple weeks (or maybe months) off, or should I continue short gentle meditation in the mornings? I do want to self-pace, but at this point I am wondering if abstaining from all practice for awhile is the most prudent self-pacing.

Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  1:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps those experienced with such symptoms can chime in.

In principle alone, if I were in such a situation based on how it sounds, I'd cut back either to something you are doing (zazen) or completely as a way of getting a handle on the causes and effects of the instability you are describing. Anything that makes for a hard time functioning in daily life is unsustainable in the long run, as much as the temptation and habits push us forward to not miss out on a good thing. Once you do get some pattern sorted out that helps balance these very rough times, you can very gradually build up again, but until then I also don't see any options other than cutting back.

All the best. Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  2:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Assorted Vibrations,

If I were you, I would quit practices all together for at least a couple of months to see how that affects the situation. Personally, I hit a phase of overload so strong (at the beginning of 2012) that I had to take 8 months off (pretty sure that was how long I took off but I could be off +/- a month or so) of all practices and even after 8 months off I could only practice once a day, and with 5 min SBP, 15-20 min DM and 20 min rest as my routine.... and I can only do that on days that I work... on days I don't I cannot do any practices. I'm still using this routine today.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  03:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both. I have discontinued all practice since my original post and will be taking a couple months off and seeing how I respond. I appreciate you both helping me out, and I hope your practices and lives are well.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  10:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Assorted Vibrations

Thanks both. I have discontinued all practice since my original post and will be taking a couple months off and seeing how I respond. I appreciate you both helping me out, and I hope your practices and lives are well.

Hey Assorted,

Like Carson, I've had some bumpy times. Worst for me was a nearly continuous three year period of excruciating symptoms. Purification was fully automatic and at times i was incapacitated, but overall you just make it work.

Its not necessarily about AYP or not, its about the strength of the energy and the blockages in your nervous system. The blockage is going to get purified one way or another, but you should do everything you can to slow the process.

I'd suggest ceasing all practices. You should do all that grounding stuff, and see if you can make some changes in your life to reduce the anxiety. I didn't go the meds route, but doesn't mean its not good for you. Try kapha foods all the time. Eat lots of meat, lift weights, spend several hours outside, stay away from drugs including caffeine, have lots of sex, etc.

What is your disposition? I'm ultra vata, like almost not even here, maybe that's true for you?
Go to Top of Page

illkeepmysol

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  6:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
use a black rock such as onyx or black tourmaline, they will pull negative energies from the heart area, drink spring water, burn sage.
Go to Top of Page

illkeepmysol

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  6:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
kinda silly how u guys are trying to sway kunda from stopping,just let go and be adamant. there is no such thing as premature awakening, just give all practices up for a while, and kunda will stagnate, it did so to me. come back to it when you ready. you need to understand that awakening kundalini is a death of your ego. you feel pain cuz u are purifying. you are dying, so your spirit can live.
Go to Top of Page

illkeepmysol

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  6:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also, try the jalandhara bandha, it will balance the kundalini, if you have money to spare, purchase some parad.
Go to Top of Page

chicritter

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  06:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know exactly what you mean Assorted about the violent energy and the emotional response to stimuli. I don't do spinal breath only energy overload up the front and when the chi gets into the core of your brain where we have the gland that "flexes" that's when the thoughts and emotions are effected.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  10:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Illkeepmysol, or anyone else, what's parad

If I can buy something to help me spiritually I wanna know about it.

quote:
Originally posted by illkeepmysol

also, try the jalandhara bandha, it will balance the kundalini, if you have money to spare, purchase some parad.

Go to Top of Page

Esther

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  5:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of all the methods I have tried to help myself during the really difficult times with kundalini, the cortices technique - as per the BodyTalk System - has been the single most helpful method.
If you go to http://www.bodytalksystem.com you can find a practitioner in your area or learn how to do the cortices technique for yourself online. However, in my experience you are best to have someone do cortices technique for you - to have that polarity.
Certain advanced practitioners are specifically trained to deal with Kundalini emergencies using BodyTalk. The cortices technique is particularly powerful because it 'unswitches' the brain among other thing (and as you probably know the brain 'switches' frequently during such times). But an advanced practitioner will be able to address overall symptoms effectively and certainly help stabilize things for you. It is not going to halt the process, of course, but it will support the body as it goes through the more stressful stages of kundalini.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Illkeepmysol, Could you pls tell me hwat is Parad. I would like to look into it. Thanks PKJ
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  2:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really interesting Esther, I hadn't heard about anything like this before.

quote:
Originally posted by Esther

Of all the methods I have tried to help myself during the really difficult times with kundalini, the cortices technique - as per the BodyTalk System - has been the single most helpful method.
If you go to http://www.bodytalksystem.com you can find a practitioner in your area or learn how to do the cortices technique for yourself online. However, in my experience you are best to have someone do cortices technique for you - to have that polarity.
Certain advanced practitioners are specifically trained to deal with Kundalini emergencies using BodyTalk. The cortices technique is particularly powerful because it 'unswitches' the brain among other thing (and as you probably know the brain 'switches' frequently during such times). But an advanced practitioner will be able to address overall symptoms effectively and certainly help stabilize things for you. It is not going to halt the process, of course, but it will support the body as it goes through the more stressful stages of kundalini.

Go to Top of Page

encino90

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  8:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know that much about kundalini but back in Nov I began having health complications I was under so much stress at the time that one day i felt a sharp pain i my heart .I thought it might of been a heart attack which didn't make sence since i'm only 22 , I even went to the E.R because it felt so real . the doc told me that there was nothing wrong with me just anxiety ,he gave me something to calm me down and sent me home . at the time i knew nothing about kundalini or anything related to spirituality ,all I knew was that something wasn't right,( I'd like to point out that i do not meditate or practice any religions that would of sparked this ,it was completely random ). Later i found out that i had a kundalini crisis and everything can be traced back to that day when i got that chest pain .Well it's been a few months now and I still haven't gotten a grip on this i feel like i'm really close but there's still something missing i don't believe my kundalini has risen completely and that's where i need help .I have so many questions but i'll make this short .First I'd like to know if kundalini is permanent once it reaches the crown chacra ? because i've tried ayahuasca to help me better understand this and it seems like while i'm under the effects of ayahausca i know everything ,every question i have gets answered and there is no fear just understanding I wanna know if thats what happens once kundalini rises completely is that feeling and understanding permanent? .anyone who can help me contact me either here or by email i would appreciate your input thank you .
Go to Top of Page

Esther

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  07:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Billin. It was developed by a dear friend, ho is also my ex husband, but that is not my bias. I have no idea how I would have navigated these past fifteen or more of kundalini without BodyTalk.

It really is the single most effective thing I have found to assist in kundalini emergency. It is now being embraced by leading quantum physicists who are delighted that finally someone has integrated their theories into a therapy.

In more recent years, because of my own struggles with kundalini John has placed particular focus on addressing Kundalini emergencies with BodyTalk. I don't know of another therapy that includes this focus. As far as help with kundalini Emergency is concerned I highly recommend finding an advanced BodyTalk practitioner who is trained in this aspect of the work.
Go to Top of Page

chicritter

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  01:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I found a cure for all these symptoms you described, that worked for me. I had all of them for about 10 months! I didnt do anything about it, when finally recently I decided to do something about it.
I even had the edgy thing going where I felt a fear like I would hit someone near me but had no desire to. I also had tinnitus and depression mind state.

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13078

There's nothing to worry about, and forget about what mainstreamers label. email me if you like to.The mind has plasticity, and is not the real you.
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  2:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey everyone, thanks for all the great posts. It has been a couple months now since I stopped all practices. Most importantly, I do feel much more stable now. In addition to all of the grounding practices I mentioned earlier, I have also had some other fundamental life changes.
I began taking effexor, but found after a few weeks of changing dose that 17mg was the sweet spot, which I believe must be considered a sub-therapeutic dose, or even an irrelevant dose (the average starting does is 75mg and then working up from there). I may discontinue the effexor soon.
I am now further removed from the end of an anxiety provoking romantic relationship, which I believe helps assuage my feelings of panic.
I have also been seeing a Clinical Psychologist who is also a Zen Buddhist, and we have been focusing largely on existential psychotherapy (if you are interested in existential psychotherapy, see "Existential Psychotherapy" by Irvin Yalom, I have found it to be a fantastic help, and a great perspective on the "Witnessing" experience and how it has affected me). This has probably been the best decision I have made in regaining stability. I am now modestly happy and functional, though the kundalini is still very present, especially physically.
The interesting difference between how the kundalini was two months ago and how it is now is that the mental symptoms are what have largely subsided. I still feel burning in my body and have ringing in my ears, but mentally I am much calmer. I am no longer on edge and have not been emotionally overwhelmed for at least a month.
My next experiment will be starting up deep meditation three days out of the week (on days that I go for a run afterwards) in the mornings, starting at 12 minute sits. I am hoping at this point the meditation will help me continue to calm down both mentally and physically.

Thanks again for all of the great participation in the thread and peace be with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000