Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Involuntary Mudras, very specific. PLEASE HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghostlight

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey Everyone,

Just a background- I was raised in the lutheran church, and my mother started teaching me how to work with energy for healing when I was younger- me and my mother seem to be the ones in the family with these gifts.

However, recently during meditation I have been experiencing involuntary mudras, probably related to kundalini. My wrists seem to bend in, and my thumb presses against the middle pad of my middle finger. Both my pointer finger and middle finger are almost fully extended, and my ring finger and pinky finger are bent in toward my palms, but not touching them. Both hands make this position. I have taken a photo of the hand position and posted it here if it helps:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums...5at10192.jpg

It also seems like when I make this mudra (if it is one) my pointer finger is drawn to certain chakras, like I am pointing them out to myself.

Any advice given on this experience I am having would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Ghostlight

ghostlight

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  1:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess most of all I just wonder what the mudra means, if anything. When I do it it feels very difficult to move my hands from this position.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  5:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go with it. Do not resist it, this is the kundalini doing it's work. Just let her work. Pretty soon you may start experiencing asanas, pranayamas and all kinds yogic movements.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  03:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, happens to me sometimes as well. Pretty neat I think! Not particularly significant though. Maybe next week or month it will change to something different, just means that the practice is working...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  03:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mudras happen over here too...enjoy the scenery and move on...good things are happening
Go to Top of Page

ghostlight

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
DigitalYogi- I do in fact experience some asanas and pranayama-

I'm not sure what kind it is, but when I get very deep into meditation, my breathing gets shorter and harder to control- it also feels sometimes as though I cannot open my mouth. Also yesterday I found myself in childs pose, then I lifed my torso and bent back the other way so my heart chakra was facing the sky (kneeling, with my hands supporting me behind me)
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  10:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, like the others have said, no need to be concerned.

What does it mean? You'll probably never know!

Automatic movements are pretty common...
Go to Top of Page

arthcub

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  11:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit arthcub's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ghostlight,

Spontaneous mudras (as well as pranayamas, asanas, etc) are an auspicious sign. However, this does not imply the activity of Kundalini. Usually this type of phenomenon relates to pranotthana, which does eventually lead to the awakening of Kundalini (if you proceed with surrender).

These things can be surprising, or even frightening, but they are a natural part of the purification process of Yoga. The meaning of individual mudras may remain a mystery, but rest assured that Prana understands how to proceed. It is working on your behalf and in ways you can't comprehend.

Warmly,
Arthur
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  11:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recognize that particular mudra as one very deep representation of the Feminine, Shakti. When arms are held out slightly upwards, the whole body actually looks like the female sexual internal organ, the womb, the arms are the fallopian tubes and the hands form the ovaries. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

harman

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  01:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Arthcub

Your reply came as a surprise for me. I too have been experiencing Kriyas, bandhs and mudras. Initially I didn't know about them but when I referred to a yoga book I found them to be specific yogic postures, some very difficult ones too like Uddiyan bandh, Jalandhar bandh and Hal asana etc. Your reply makes me wonder where does Pranotthana end and Kundalini awakening happen. Are there specific symptoms which differentiate between Pranotthana and Kundalini awakening? If so, please elaborate on them. Thanks :)
quote:
Originally posted by arthcub

Hi Ghostlight,

Spontaneous mudras (as well as pranayamas, asanas, etc) are an auspicious sign. However, this does not imply the activity of Kundalini. Usually this type of phenomenon relates to pranotthana, which does eventually lead to the awakening of Kundalini (if you proceed with surrender).

These things can be surprising, or even frightening, but they are a natural part of the purification process of Yoga. The meaning of individual mudras may remain a mystery, but rest assured that Prana understands how to proceed. It is working on your behalf and in ways you can't comprehend.

Warmly,
Arthur

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000