Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Om Sound?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
About a year ago I started hearing the cricket and buzzing sound. About two months ago, after meditating I heard what sounded like a motor. Very faint. I wasn't sure I was even hearing something. I thought it was the air conditioning compressor outside or the pool equipment but I went to the other side of the house and I still heard it (feel it).

Lately it had gotten loud enough that I no longer question whether it is an internal sound. It is a very low frequency, 50% sound and 50% vibration in the back of my head.

Has anyone experienced this?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RSS It is quite normal to hear the vibration OM Yogani describes it as ...

quote:
the sacred sound that is found humming naturally within the human nervous system as purification and opening occurs

Its not something we listen for in the AYP system but if it happens we just regard it as a symptom of purification within the nervous system and gently go back to the mantra

Keep practising you are doing great
Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  07:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I had my kundalini awakening I decided to put my awareness on the only thing worthy, the OM. I got what I asked for, it sounded like the entire universe was an engine. It was beyond loud it was the most horrifying thing I will ever experience by far. Not trying to scare you just saying what it was like for me. Ive read its only terrifying if you witness it through ego.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  1:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RSS,

I have had that same sound for a number of years, and have always wonderedif it was the sound of OM or tinnitis. sthis as follows was an answer to me about this phenomena:

"I suppose you are aware that tinnitus is a Latin word, it just means ‘ringing’ though there are many causes (old age, ear infections, loud noise abuse etc) science still doesn’t seem to understand what the ringing is or why it occurs. In India they have developed Nada Yoga, which is a listening to and focusing on a variety of internal sounds, the ringing just being one of them. I would assume that the goal of such practice would be for one-pointedness of mind so that it may sink into its source - or perhaps to link to that primal sound Aum from which all manifestation arises. Sound or Vach’ (as I understand it) is said to be the source of all creation."

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  01:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tinnitus is hearing the sound of your nervous system. You are hearing energy. There are different sounds I imagine because there are different levels of awareness of it. I can hear the high pitch energy it's the nervous system and it's quiter than the sound of nothing. When my kindalini was awakened it was hearing my nervous system but fully absorbed in it.
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hear this sound all the time. It's a good "object" for meditation and mindfulness. Other senses retract quickly when focussing on nada (Spanish pun intended) and emptiness is realized smoothly.
Go to Top of Page

BudhdheePrakash

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  11:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirmal,

I experience this tinnitus type sound in my head / right year as you did. Did you find a way to figure out whether it is the first kind of Nada one hears or tinnitus caused by nerve damage ?

Thank you,

quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Hi RSS,

I have had that same sound for a number of years, and have always wondered if it was the sound of OM or tinnitus. sthis as follows was an answer to me about this phenomena:

nirmal

Go to Top of Page

OmDivine

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  4:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit OmDivine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I have been meditating on this for 10 years.
It is so powerful and gets deeper with time.
Don't make it a problem, embrace it, it is a gift.

I hear it out of meditation now and when I do it instantly stills my mind.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

harman

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  12:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

My experiences are similar to RSS. I too started hearing sounds similar to those of crickets. Then there were other sounds like a low frequency buzz, a dull ringing sound and for sometime a rhythmic sound like that of a moving train. I try to be critical of my own experiences in meditation and I'm still not sure where these sounds are Nada or tinnitus. I usually ignore these sounds even in meditation and just try to remain in the thoughtless state for as long as possible. Anyways, I'm so glad read about your experiences and thoughts, especially because I can relate to them. Happy Guru Purnima to everyone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000