Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 can you help me figure this out? christi?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  11:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've had this experience many times, usually during times of high daily activity.

It never happens in sitting practice, only in supine position. Last night it was very intense and prompted me to ask you all.

Supine, in rest, sensations of spinning from different regions of the vertical axis of the body. For example, a sensation of a spinning wheel oriented to the frontal plane, where the wheel is quite large and turning clockwise or counterclockwise (anticlockwise). Usually there are two or more wheels spinning in contra direction.

At times, this makes me dizzy. However the sensation is relatively soothing and if I relax into the sensation the wheels become 'tuned' to one another.

I know that this is all under the hood. But I'd like some insight if you have it. Christi, I know you delve under the hood from time to time, that's why I asked you specifically, but I'd like to hear from any and all.

Thanks! Namaste :)

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  3:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TNTN,

The front aspects of the chakras spin in certain directions, some in one direction, others in another direction. Chakras can also connect with each other, so they appear to be operating in synch or in tune with each other as you put it. This can happen to the whole chakra system at times.

The supine position is very powerful, which is why savasana is such a powerful practice. It is often referred to in AYP as a good position for balancing energy in the body, but it is actually also a powerful activator of prana once kundalini is awakened.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  5:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi TNTN,

The front aspects of the chakras spin in certain directions, some in one direction, others in another direction. Chakras can also connect with each other, so they appear to be operating in synch or in tune with each other as you put it. This can happen to the whole chakra system at times.

The supine position is very powerful, which is why savasana is such a powerful practice. It is often referred to in AYP as a good position for balancing energy in the body, but it is actually also a powerful activator of prana once kundalini is awakened.

Christi

Thank you Christi :)

So these are cakra sensations.

Is it anything to watch out for when you feel like you're at the amusement park on some spinny ride? like a sign of major imbalance?

Regarding savasana, I've always had the most epic experiences supine. Sitting is more stable, but much less powerful in my experience.

Every once in a while I like a good lay down to bathe in massive doses of blissful prana. Doesn't seem to negatively effect me. Of course, sitting practice helps to instill more stability.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  6:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TNTN,

No, it is not a sign of imbalance, it is a sign that the energy body (pranamayakosha) is activating and purifying. There is nothing wrong, even if it feels like a lot is happening and there are a lot of sensations. If you started to feel pain, or discomfort, that would be a sign of over-purification, but that does not seem to be the case here.

Whereas savasana can activate more movement of prana, sitting is better for going inwards into silence. This is because if we are lying down, it is easier to simply fall asleep, whereas when we are sitting, the prana supports the body and we can go deep into stillness whilst remaining awake and alert. So sitting is the key to enlightenment, whereas lying down, tends not to be. For that reason it is done after sitting rather than instead of.

And yes, it is quite possible to bathe in massive doses of blissful prana, as you put it, without experiencing any negative symptoms. It is one of the aspects of a largely purified subtle body.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  10:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Christi for your experience and insight.

The savasana vs sitting dynamic has interested me for a long time. I don't fall asleep given my dosha, but as awesome as savasana style meditations can be, it is surely a sitting practice that instills silence, as you said.

I have found lately, however, the supine meditations are more calming whereas in daily sits, sometimes the mantra becomes extremely otherworldly and ethereal. Choruses of angels and all that.

I used to think that savasana style meditations were more risky, but now I'm thinking the sits might be more dangerous. At least over here at this time.

The quality of bliss is certainly different in sitting meditations. And there is more focused prana through the central channel rather than billowing prana throughout the body as in savasana.

It would be interesting to know the reasons for these differences, given, for example, that I don't fall asleep in savasana.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000