Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP retreat England - October
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  1:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,
We are trying to organise a weekend retreat in England ( Worcestershire/ Warwickshire). I know a few of you had shown interest here http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8773 for the Scotland retreat. This unfortunately can't go ahead in Scotland - but we can still stick to the same timeframe and arrange one in England.

We have two tentative venues:

http://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/pages/retreats.html

They have a slot available for the 22nd of October - so this is to arrive on the 22nd Saturday and leave on 24th Monday. I have provisionally booked rooms for 8 people ( they have a few more if needed ) I will need to confirm to them by the 8th of April and a 10% deposit. The price for this one is coming to £230 per person ( includes accommodation and food and the hall for our activities)

The other venue available is
http://www.relaxologies.co.uk/yoga-...contact.html

They can cater for a maximum of 10 people but rooms will have to be shared. They have one room with 6 beds and the other with 4. The available dates are 1/2 Oct ; 8/9th Oct; 22nd /23rd of October. If we have 10 people interested then this will come to around £100 per person ( again all included) . But I am not sure what people feel about sharing accommodation.

I would appreciate it if you can let me know if can make it and your preferences for the location and dates.

Edited by - mathurs on Mar 28 2011 11:20:26 AM

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  06:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The second option (Chinmayi) would suit me best - I see they offer a pick-up from the station, which would help for those of us not driving Any of the dates is fine with me.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  6:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do mathurs

You can count me in. Any venue is fine.
Go to Top of Page

doktorjim47

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  03:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mathurs,
I'm very interested and happy to go with the flow here. Either venue, either date and no problems with sharing if that's the most popular choice. I never could make decisions.
Thank you for organising this.
Jim
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Doktorjim47,
That is good...
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  3:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also like to the look of the chinmayi retreat in warwickshire. I'm available for any of the dates in October. Thanks for your continuing commitment to bring this retreat into a manifest reality mathurs If I can be of help in any way at all please let me know.

Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So my constant pestering helped ;-) Thanks Wafu!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  11:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the latest update. We have 8 people confirmed and majority preferring Chinmayi. Only 3 spaces left now. Will talk to Chinmayi and fix the dates next week and be in touch....
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  04:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,
The dates that we are finalising on are the 8/9 of October weekend. Hope this suits all , if not drop me a line. More details about arrival time etc. next week.
Still a few places left so hurry !
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  06:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great job mathurs I've marked it on my calendar.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  6:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there any places left?

Love

Jono
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  07:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jono,
Potentially - yes. Will contact you later offline.
Thanks for asking....
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

Wow, the silence that I felt during the retreat, and now is a real shift in gears. It has really made a difference. Although skeptical about practicing in groups I can now not be. I was continuously losing the mantra, which hasn't happened much in my solo practice. And I experienced a lot of mixed emotions over the 3 days. depression to bliss and emptiness.

The bond with the group was amazing: it was like meeting with old friends.

Taking the train home showed what an effect the retreat had: I wanted to run back there. Although, we had a hysterical time on the train to other passenger's uneasiness!

When's the next one?

Edited by - woosa on Oct 11 2011 4:15:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  03:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The retreat truly was a success, mathurs! Thank you SO much for arranging it, and for picking that absolutely adorable and lovely yoga center with such delicious foooood!!! Marvellous retreat with great participants! A good balance in the group, balance between energy and stillness! It was a priviledge to be able to attend!

Although, my body didn't like all those asanas... Eventually I stayed resting while the group enjoyed Christi's sessions. I was more in for the long walks, meeting up with horses, cows and locals...

To my surprise I did not have very much automatic movements - I think the energy was stolen by another participant who came to be the beauty of kriyas!

Would love to go back for another retreat!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  04:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,
I think the retreat was a success. There was a great group energy, blissful silence and lots of laughter throughout. Eva and Christi emerged as natural leaders answering questions and leading practice sessions....
Everthing just flowed and just fell into place - in spite of never have met anyone before it was like a group of old friends coming together.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your presence.
I agree with Woosa - I am experiencing a shift in gear as well after coming back - there is a hunger for the silence that we experienced at the retreat - a degree of automatic samyama - letting go in day to day activities...

Edited by - mathurs on Oct 12 2011 05:00:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  05:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great news...i am so happy for all of you
sometimes in the future we will have an AYP retreat in Lebanon.....

Edited by - maheswari on Oct 12 2011 06:25:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  04:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Maheshwari! An AYP retreat is a very worthy endeavour. All the best in getting one together in Lebanon!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000