Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Retreat UK - October 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Okay, I now have a couple of possible dates for a UK AYP retreat in Scotland, in October 2011 - I know it seems like a long way away, but the retreat centre is extremely busy and already booking for 2012!

This is a link to the venue, Lendrick Lodge, in the Trossachs in Scotland - approximately 1 hour from Edinburgh and Glasgow airports):

http://www.lendricklodge.com/

The maximum number of participants is 12, and the cost will depend on the number who attend - basically if 12 people attend, the cost will be around £125 per person (including food and accommodation) - if 8 people attend, it will be around £135 per person.

The retreat will run Friday (from dinner), to Sunday (after lunch). The available dates are 14th - 16th October, or 28th - 30th October.

I'm holding these dates provisionally for a week, so if you're interested please let me know. I'd be asking for a small deposit from each person on booking (to cover the cost of a deposit I have to pay to reserve the space), then the balance would be payable on arrival at the retreat.

Looking forward to hearing from you - please let me know your date preferences. Thanks.

Edited by - amoux on Nov 21 2010 1:01:27 PM

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  06:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amoux,
I would definitely be interested. For me the dates of 14th - 16th work better.
Thanks for your effort.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  09:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great mathurs - thanks I have also heard from two others by PM, so that's now four of us.

Let's see if we can get a few more ...
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in! Either weekend is fine.

Edited by - woosa on Nov 22 2010 5:32:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  04:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent - thanks, Woosa

5 and counting ...
Go to Top of Page

doktorjim47

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2010 :  04:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although I'm very new to AYP, hopefully I will have progressed a little by 2011. Count me in. Either weekend.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2010 :  07:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great doktorjim - thank you

Okay we're now at 6 of us (and possibly one more) - I need a minimum of 8 to get the space - so is there anybody else out there who'd like to attend?

Edited to add: now definitely 7 of us - just one more please

Edited by - amoux on Nov 27 2010 10:12:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  6:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have found your 8th participant I have been wanting to take part in a retreat for a while, so thank you very much amoux for stepping up and getting the ball rolling! I would be available on either weekend as well. Also many thanks Mathurs for alerting me to this thread
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  03:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wafu - that's great

I could only hold the dates for a week, which was up on Sunday, so those dates are no longer available to us. Now that there's 8 of us definitely wanting to do this, let's keep the idea going and see what comes up.

Edited 2 December - now 9 of us

Edited by - amoux on Dec 02 2010 09:05:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

lizzzibee

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  12:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I would be really interested in an AYP weekend in Scotland. Please can you let me know a basic itenary of the weekend (would it be mainly meditation or discussions etc) and whether there are spaces left and whether you have decided which October dates you are going with?
Many thanks,
Lizzie
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  12:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lizzie - unfortunately we didn't get a sufficient number of people to book either of the October dates, so they have now gone. The plan is that the itinerary will be based around core AYP practices - Deep Meditation, with some Spinal Breathing Pranayama if possible, and the AYP asana 'starter kit'. The retreat will be about these practices, but there'll be time for discussion as needed - and maybe some Bhajans in the evenings. There will be plenty of time for grounding and integrating too. I don't have any more dates at the moment at the venue I'd like to use, but I'll keep you posted as and when there is something available, if you are still interested. Watch this space
Go to Top of Page

lizzzibee

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  2:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Amoux, I am definately still interested and would love to do a retreat, so will keep checking back in.
Many thanks,
Lizzie
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  12:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amoux

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
You should also know that I might be going to Scotland in the not too distant future. It could be combined with taking part in leading the retreat if that is your wish. So please keep me posted on the unfolding

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine

Just to update people - at the moment I don't have any possible dates at Lendrick, so if anyone else would like to take up the idea of a UK AYP retreat and run with it, please feel free to do so There seems to be sufficient interest to get a small retreat up and running later this year - at this point, though, I haven't a lot of spare time to devote to organising it. Hopefully that will change in a few months time.

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  07:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd really like to go to a retreat, but I haven't the foggiest how to do one.

Once Yogani's new book is out, I should be alright.

(That's just a subtle hint Yogani, to stop taking so many smoking breaks and switch from decaf to a super strong blend. I want that book on my desk yesterday! )
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amoux and all,
I could look for places around where I am based. So this will have to be in Warwickshire /Worcestershire in England. If we stayed with the rough time frame of Oct/November 2011 could we have a show of hands for who all can make it? If you can't make it, then is another month better? Also if we could have some leaders volunteer?

Katrine, When will you be in Scotland and perhaps we could try and plan the retreat around that time- if you could still help lead? ( availability permitting...)

Woosa, It seems a shame to let the momentum just drop so I thought let us pick it up and see how we could progress...

A couple of places that I saw on the internet that I could check out:

http://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/index.php

http://ajplant.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...20Close.html

Edited by - mathurs on Mar 17 2011 04:55:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  5:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a plan Mathurs!

I am up for it.

Katrine, it would be awesome if you could attend, as you will have a lot more experiences of retreats.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  6:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mathurs and woosa

I do not know yet when i am going to Scotland, and since this retreat will be in UK I will simply travel there independantly of that. Fall of 2011 is fine, as long as we plan it plenty of time ahead.

You should know that you will have to build into the cost of the retreat a honorarium if you want me to come and lead it. I simply cannot afford to do it for free anymore.

So - if that is what people want, then I will come. If you would rather save that extra expense then that is fine too. Whatever works for you

Great that a UK retreat is happening
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  05:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your prompt reply Katrine. Yes and I agree that an honorarium for the leaders should be built into the cost. I guess it will depend on us getting enough interest....

Woosa, let us wait for responses and then we could plan further....
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  1:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mathurs/Woosa

Thanks so much for taking this forward - I'd be happy to attend, and the autumn is fine with me. (Just for information, I wouldn't be able to attend a retreat before August.)
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  05:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amoux,
That is great! A few more and then I could take a look at places/ dates and availability.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000