New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  4:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Attention: See below for Free AYP Books available when registering for the Kripalu Retreat.

Hi All:

An AYP retreat will be occurring at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health - March 20-25, 2011 at Stockbridge, Massachusetts, USA.

A retreat is an opportunity to step away from our normal daily activities for enhanced cultivation of deep abiding inner silence in a comfortable structured program designed to enhance our quality of life when we come back home. See Lesson 387 for a discussion on retreats and the AYP baseline retreat structure.

The Kripalu retreat will be run by Katrine and Carson, will be open to AYP practitioners at all levels of experience ("from beginners to advanced"), and will be the longest AYP retreat yet (5 days). We are hoping it will be the biggest too, with plenty of room at this well-known international facility. The more who show up, the more powerful the retreat will be.

For newcomers to AYP, training in deep meditation will be provided at the retreat. All are welcome.

Given the impressive results from the October 22-24 Mensch Mill/Allentown, Pennsylvania retreat, having one twice as long at Kripalu should be a major inner silence awakener and stabilizer for those who attend. There is plenty of time to plan ahead, so do make it there if you can. I don't think you will regret it.

Sign-up for the retreat is through Kripalu at the link provided, or it can be done by calling 800-741-7353. See below for Free AYP book offers available when registering for the Kripalu Retreat.

There also a Kripalu PDF flyer for the retreat, which can be viewed and downloaded here. You can print and pass this flyer around, post it in your local yoga studio, new age shop, or anywhere. The more people who hear about the retreat, the better.

Also, here is a PDF of Kripalu Spring 2011 catalog pages covering the AYP Retreat.

If you have any questions relating to this event, feel free to post them here, or you can email Katrine, Carson or me by clicking on our forum name links (forum sign-in required to post or email).

Wishing you all the best on your continuing path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
-----------------------------------------

Receive Free AYP Books when signing up for the Kripalu Retreat

For all registrations through February 15th, receive all of the AYP eBooks at no additional cost. This includes 13 books, a $75 value.

Note: This offer has been extended to cover all sign-ups, with no deadline.

To claim your books, write Yogani with a copy of your registration confirmation, and you will receive a download email for your eBooks. The eBooks come in PDF, EPUB and MOBI/Kindle formats (non-DRM), covering nearly all reading devices.

The AYP books are listed below. Descriptions can be found on the main books page.
(*asterisks indicate 3 practice routine start-up books)
-----------------------------------------------------

1. Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living

2. Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living, Volume 2

3. The Secrets of Wilder - A Story of Inner Silence, Ecstasy and Enlightenment (a novel)

*4. Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom

*5. Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space

6. Tantra - Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex

*7. Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas - Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini

8. Samyama - Cultivating Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles

9. Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli - Yogic Nutrition & Cleansing for Health and Spirit

10. Self-Inquiry - Dawn of the Witness and the End of Suffering

11. Bhakti and Karma Yoga - The Science of Devotion and Liberation Through Action

12. Eight Limbs of Yoga - The Structure and Pacing of Self-Directed Spiritual Practice

13. Advanced Yoga Practices Support Forum Posts of Yogani, 2005-2010

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  12:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just took the time off from work. Can't quite believe I just did that. See you there!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  1:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

I just took the time off from work. Can't quite believe I just did that. See you there!

Awesome. Can't wait to meet in person and practice together.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  2:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH

quote:

That's great.

Over the years I never regretted the holidays spent on retreats or events that cultivated the silence within.

Just the very commitment often started a process of inner deepening.

Am looking forward to seeing you at Kripalu
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  1:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Kripalu's Spring 2011 catalog has been received here, in a glossy magazine format.

I have scanned a few of the pages to give an overall idea of the breadth of programs they having going on (hundreds), and the specific pages where AYP is covered (marked with asterisks), including a description of the March 20-25, 2011 AYP retreat. See here: http://www.aypsite.org/images/Kripa...ing-2011.pdf

More information on the Kripalu AYP retreat can be found in the first post of this topic.

Wishing you all the best on your retreats in 2011!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  1:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Will Yogani be there in the retreat ?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vd007

Hi vd007:

No. Anonymity will continue here.

With Katrine and Carson leading, other strong practitioners present, and your own practices, you will find more than enough for a great retreat yielding long term benefits. Go for it, if not at Kripalu (a bit of a trip from Sri Lanka), then closer to home. You won't regret it. There is a retreat coming up in South India later this year.

It has never been about me. It is about what everyone else does with the knowledge. And plenty is happening these days.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  2:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007

quote:

Yogani will not be there. His wish to remain anonymous is deeply respected here. It has worked very well for as long as AYP has existed; all focus being on the teaching of the practices themselves through the written word (books and the lessons available to all) and on the impact they have on the people that engage in them (the AYP forum).

The effect of Yoganis work will be present at Kripalu though - everybody attending (the leaders included) will contribute to - and benefit from - the common rise of inner silence

It is really inner silence that is the true leader of the retreat. As leaders we see to it that everything runs smoothly according to our preset, well worked out schedule, and we aspire to provide enough flexibility, alertness and experience so as to not "stand in the way" of organic and balanced unfoldings for all.

Hope to see you there
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  2:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We cross posted Yogani
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  3:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

In an effort to encourage more early sign-ups for the Kriplau retreat, we are offering free download of all the AYP eBooks (13 titles - $75 value) for registrations through February 15th. This also covers anyone who has signed up already. See details in the first announcement post above: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8747

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  9:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I just made my reservations for the retreat!! Based on how powerful the Allentown retreat was, this one should be amazing!!

All I can say is that adding retreats to my daily practice routine has taken things to a completely different level.

Looking forward to seeing some of my fellow AYPers there...

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  10:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Amen to that

Allentown was the only retreat I've ever been to, but it triggered a very deep and powerful process in me. It just keeps giving and giving and hasn't stopped. I wish this for everyone.

Best wishes to everyone at Kripalu!

With Love
cosmic

P.S. - Hello Katrine
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  09:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax!

quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

I just made my reservations for the retreat!!

Awesome..... so excited to see and share Silence with you again. 2 months and counting!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  8:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got my confirmation for the retreat and I'm really looking forward to it. I have not been on a meditation retreat in 32 years, and I am long overdue! Can't wait.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax

quote:
Hi all,

I just made my reservations for the retreat!! Based on how powerful the Allentown retreat was, this one should be amazing!!

All I can say is that adding retreats to my daily practice routine has taken things to a completely different level.

Looking forward to seeing some of my fellow AYPers there...

Much Love

Great!
Looking forward to seeing you again
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Amen to that

Allentown was the only retreat I've ever been to, but it triggered a very deep and powerful process in me. It just keeps giving and giving and hasn't stopped. I wish this for everyone.

Best wishes to everyone at Kripalu!

With Love
cosmic

P.S. - Hello Katrine

Hello Cosmic
Thanks for sharing your unfolding with us!
Hope to see you again next year in Allentown :)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michael

quote:
I just got my confirmation for the retreat and I'm really looking forward to it. I have not been on a meditation retreat in 32 years, and I am long overdue! Can't wait.
Michael

Wow - that is awesome!
It will be great to have you with us Michael
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The offer for a free set of AYP ebooks - (all 13 titles) has been extended to cover all sign-ups for the AYP Kripalu Retreat, March 20-25. So if you are signed up, do write me to claim your ebooks.

If you are not signed up, please consider doing it. You won't regret it.

It promises to be a great gathering with a lot of abiding inner silence cultivated for the long term, for you, and for everyone around the world.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  12:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm shopping for airline tickets, are the start and end times for the retreat 4pm March 20, and 11am March 25? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  06:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what the website says:
http://www.kripalu.org/guest_information/287/

Other important details

Check-in begins at 2:15 pm, and most programs begin at 7:30 pm. Your accommodations are guaranteed available by 4:00 pm. There is an optional Welcome Session at 6:45 pm. Please plan to arrive with enough time to check in, eat, and settle into your room. You are also welcome to attend the 4:15 pm Kripalu Yoga classes.

Arrival Dinner

Your meals begin with dinner on your arrival day, served from 5:30 to 6:45 pm (until 7:30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays). If you are arriving after 6:30 pm, you may want to make other arrangements for dinner.

Late Check-In

If you arrive after 10:00 pm, check-in instructions will be left for you at the Security Office.

Departure

Programs generally end by 11:30 am on the last day, and lunch is included in your stay. Room check-out is at noon.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  09:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH

quote:
I'm shopping for airline tickets, are the start and end times for the retreat 4pm March 20, and 11am March 25? Thanks.

You might have gotten your flight tickets already, but here are some details:

Sunday March 20th:

Like mentioned above (thanks Shanti) you can register from 2:15.

There is an optional Kripalu welcome session (most of us will be attending this) at 18:45. Carson and I will start the AYP program at 19:30.

Friday March 25th:

Our program ends at 11:30 - after that you have the option of eating lunch before you leave.

Lunch wil be from 12:00 -13:00 every day.
Dinner from 17:30 - 18:30 every day.

Welcome !

Have a safe trip

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Just a few days left before the Kripalu retreat begins (Mar 20-25).

If you have been on the fence, now is the time to sign up so you can take that quantum leap in abiding inner silence. It can be done here.

As mentioned in my post above, sign-up for Kripalu includes all of the AYP ebooks (13 titles) at no additional cost. Just contact me for your download.

If you can't make the Kripalu retreat, there are more AYP retreats coming up, so be sure to check the schedule here.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

YogaPat

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  6:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaPat's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello-

I was on the fence but on Monday I woke up and was compelled to get my passport and register for the program.

Kripalu is really a great place with lots of excellent programs and history . I was there in the nineties and had a very good time. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Bring on the silence.

Cheers, Patrick
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  6:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Patrick

Nice to see you off the fence

Welcome - I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

See you Sunday

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  12:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I've decided to drive to Kripalu (airfare is too expensive). If anybody would like to carpool and lives near my route, or can meet me on my route, you are most welcome to ride along. I could take 2-3 people, depending on bags. I know it's really short notice, but if you're interested, please send me a message by Friday evening (tomorrow) around 6 PM Central Time as I might leave by then.

I will be leaving from Sheboygan WI, and travelling on Interstate 90 through Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, Toledo OH, Cleveland OH, and Erie PA. Then I have the option of continuing on I-90 through Buffalo NY, Rochester NY, Syracuse NY, Utica, NY, and then Albany to Kripalu. Or option two of going on I-80 through Binghamtom NY and the mountains to Albany NY.

See you soon. JDH.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000