Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 First AYP India Retreat-2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  1:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all India-based AYPers.

It is proposed to start off the first AYP India Retreat sometime in 2011, where we would get an opportunity to meet one another, assess our individual "statuses" in the journey,understand the practices better and exchange notes with a view to, perhaps, evolving even more effective practices, based on individual and collective experiences.
As a first step, we may form a core group of volunteers, to brainstorm the idea and determine how to organize the Retreat, including where and when.
To kick off the process,I would suggest that all the India members send their co-ordinates to me through AYPmail.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Sep 10 2010 11:29:41 PM

neerja1

India
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  03:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit neerja1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Krish,

Meeting each other would indeed be a great idea....being there with each other in the moment is what I am looking forward to
I am in...

Neerja
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  12:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neerja,

You are welcome. We have a lot of work to do. Would you like to start off by letting me have via AYP email your co-ordinates and other details you might like to share?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  03:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish, i am very interested in the subject and been planing a trip to India for a long time now. There's the possibility of me going during the next couple of months.

2011 is the year for me to definitely go there, i have money saved up and all. Just need to find the correct timing and what the heck am i going to do there other then visiting Sri Ramanasram and mount Arunachala.

Would appreciate it if you could share with us the expected date and how long would the retreat take and the expanses.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  05:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

like I mentioned before, the proposal is for a two or three day retreat, slated for around Nov. 2011, since the weather is most pleasant at that time in most of India.

The other thought is to plan a smaller (numbers) retreat, earlier, say july or August, and try and get AYPers from the South Indian states, for a two day retreat, perhaps in Chennai.
It is still at a preliminary stage of plan, and through this post, I am requesting the planners of the recent retreat in the US to give me some guidance on how to go about it.( the contents of the program)

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  08:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
August sounds great, Amma will be in her ashram around the 14th of august and will stay there for almost a month and a half and i could visit Arunachala and attend the AYP retreat as well. Best to cancel the early trip then and enjoy these three at the same time.

Count me in for the smaller in numbers retreat.

Thanks Krish
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  08:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Ananda ,

I would be going to arunachala its really vibrant and spiritual attraction is there.

Great to know you attend all these at the same time!

I ope to make it to the chennai retreat!

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  1:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Viji, hope all is great...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  12:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello krish, i would love to attend any AYP retreat and india is always a place i love to visit. i would be more likely to attend a novemeber retreat as the summer time is always busy for work. chennai would be a great loaction also as there are direct flights. if needed i could come a few days before to help out with anything that needs to be done.
all the best for now krish and look forward to meeting you and others soon.
Go to Top of Page

CalmerStates

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  2:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CalmerStates's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I too would be very interested in going to Chennai to do a AYP style yoga retreat.

I look forward to seeing more information about this. India is the perfect place to do it.

Namaste.

KD
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  02:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Krish.. keep me in loop. I reside in Chennai as well.
Go to Top of Page

yogarvind

India
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  06:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been receiving the AYP posts for a long time now. It would be a pleasure to experience the practices by AYP. Looking forward to the Chennai meet.
Go to Top of Page

Hester

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who can tell me where I can find a good tantric yoga centre in India?

Me and my partner are interested in doing a tantric yoga course. We are now in Colcatta and will stay in India until May 1 before returning to The Netherlands.

Thank you very much for any help, Hester
Go to Top of Page

Indian_Mumbai

India
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  1:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
krcqimpro1, I tried to send you an AYPmail but it said I don't have enough posts to send an email. I am keen to join the AYP Retreat at India. I am an Indian based at Mumbai. Please add me to your mailing list and let me know the details.

I am also keen to interact with other AYP members from India. Anyone interested can contact me.

Best Wishes, Rajeev Sethi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  2:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Krish,

I won't make it to the August retreat. But will try my best to make it in November. Chennai is close to Tiruvannamalai for those who are interested in visiting Ramanasramam.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  04:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh that is very very intresting ...it will be 2 birds in one stone ...AYP + Ramanashram........grrrrrrrrreat..November is my choice cause august is far tooo hot...

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 15 2011 06:11:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Adriana

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  11:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Adriana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,

I will definitely go to India in November 2011. I have plans to go to a retreat but I would rather do anything AYP. Please let me know if this is viable since I have to book as soon as possible.

Loving thanks,

Adriana
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  04:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
any updates about this retreat?would love to come
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  07:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep me too!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  10:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

For personal reasons, Krish has backed away from organizing the India retreat for later this year. He may or may not come back into it at some point. My hope is that if it can't happen this year, it can happen next year. Sorry about that.

If anyone else would like to step up to organize a retreat in India for this year or next year, let me know.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI All,

This sounds great, I would be to very happy to join in.

Is there any update on this?

Lots of Love
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  09:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DawnCalling,
As Yogani said above, Krish had to back out for now, but if anyone else ... that includes you ... would like to organize a retreat in India, that will be wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  10:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
For personal reasons I have had to cancel the November retreat in India. Since my ability to devote time to organizing it was the problem, I had requested Yogani to look for somebody else who could do this.

BTW, a small group of people evinced keen interest in learning AYP, and I have started weekly sessions for them at a friend's place.

I am planning to start off with periodical retreats for this group after a few months of individual practice. Since all members of this group live within a radius of 10 km in Chennai, logistics is easy, and when we hold the periodic retreats, night stay will not be an issue, as everybody will go back to their homes after dinner and a short "Satsang". Catering is expected to be sorted out by having "pool-in" lunch/dinner.
When this matures, we hope to accept "out-of-towners", or perhaps even people from out of the country, for the retreats.

Let us see how it develops !

Krish
Go to Top of Page

christinev

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  08:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to join when it happens
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000