New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  11:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have just returned from the AYP Retreat in PA, USA and the experience has brought me to joyous tears both during and after. So much was learned, so much was experienced and the sharing was beautiful. My gratitude towards Yogani and the leaders of the retreat is unbounded. Thank you for all you have done for us.

About half way through the retreat, I found within me a knot in my heart which i had been ignoring for so long, always turning from my own pains with the idea that i was too busy helping all the others around me in life. The pain of this was intense and I went to be alone for a bit to draw (and got nicely lost in the process), after a while one of my new friends found me to tell me the next set of meditations was starting and I Woke. At that moment it was as if a bell had sounded deep within me and i ran off to rejoin the group. Later I found myself weeping and my heart melted, the knot within my heart collapsed and was replaced with an inner quiet and stillness that transformed itself into a tremendous joy and freedom I have never felt before. All my Love became unconditional and pure, my world had become clear and open before me. Looking around I found the faces of so many that I realized I now Love and were so kind, caring and loving.

I still hear the songs we sang in my head, my morning meditation was much easier to attain and it filled me with stillness and silence. My busy schedule no longer daunts me and I know that this experience at the retreat is the main cause for so much healing within me. I would encourage everyone to join in and be part of an AYP retreat, it surprised me and I am sure it will surprise you too.

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
almost brought tears to my eyes reading, you are blessed!

I hope to make the Malibu Retreat in November...

namaskar

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear your experience WoodDragon.

I hope the Los Angeles Retreat does the same things to me and everyone else
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divine WoodDragon,

Thank you for sharing :) Heart melting is being experienced here as well. Stillness and Love at the retreat and here now was and is beyond awesome!

Much Love and thanks to all my new friends and to Yogani

Om

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome :-)
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  4:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Roomie!!!

All i can say, is that my heart melted with yours this weekend. And it was beautiful to watch you unfold as the weekend progressed. The inner change that occurred in you was visible...I saw a lightness and love and a comfort level with yourself that was revealed...and it touched something inside of me as well. I am humbled by the experience of it all...

I'm very grateful to have met you, and very grateful to have been in your Presence this weekend. Very much looking forward to the next time

What I feel toward you is Love
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  6:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank's for sharing this here WoodDragon. There were so many hearts that opened this weekend... and yours was beautiful to share.. the tears, the vulnerability, then the trust and letting go... it was/is all so beautiful to experience and share.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  8:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  10:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by WoodDragon
I found myself weeping and my heart melted, the knot within my heart collapsed and was replaced with an inner quiet and stillness that transformed itself into a tremendous joy and freedom I have never felt before. All my Love became unconditional and pure, my world had become clear and open before me. Looking around I found the faces of so many that I realized I now Love and were so kind, caring and loving.

That is so, so wonderful, WoodDragon! I found myself tearing up as I read.

For me the inner experience of the retreat was marked by a new level of stillness, a clear still emptiness of sensation in the center of my spine and flowing outward through my body. The friction of conductivity evaporated when the stillness flowed. The outer retreat was filled with so many lovely, warm encounters, sometimes silly, sometimes deeply serious, insightful human encounters. It might have been overwhelming except for the stillness Heartbreaking joy with an odd absence of ache.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  10:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing the stillness with us Bewell.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  3:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell,

Great to hear... I knew I should have stayed longer...

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This whole post is inspiring and beautiful and ..i cant wait until i can experience a retreat!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  7:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Bewell,

Great to hear... I knew I should have stayed longer...

I wish you could have stayed longer... but your short and sweet presence was deeply appreciated Jeff.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  7:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by faileforever

This whole post is inspiring and beautiful and ..i cant wait until i can experience a retreat!!

This retreat was filled with stillness and heart. amazing how many hearts opened. I am truly blessed to be a part of this beautiful unfolding. Thank you, All!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  9:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, WoodDragon -- a beautiful and inspiring overview; I feel privileged to have participated in the retreat with you, and with everyone who attended. I also very much enjoyed our conversations over the course of the weekend.

And thanks to everyone else who has commented so far, as well -- and to everyone else who attended (and, of course, to Yogani, who has made all this possible) - it takes all of us to celebrate the One That's Us (or however that goes .... ).

There was much depth and silence, and also much fun; thankfully, in AYP, we know that these are not at all mutually exclusive.

Something very powerful happens at retreats -- and specifically at AYP retreats, in my experience. And, while the "flavor" may vary a bit, retreat-to-retreat, the underlying power is there at each retreat.

My sense of it is: openness, sincerity and simplicity are part of what attracts us all to AYP, and when people with that sense of things gather for the purpose of opening further --- "magic ensues" -- in reality.

Thanks very much to all; I just wanted to "Say Hey", and say Thanks!

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 22 2011 05:55:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

JuZen

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  9:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit JuZen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's beautifull WoodDragon
Go to Top of Page

Rattan

South Africa
41 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  07:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some photos to remember this Retreat:

http://snipurl.com/aypretraet

Edited by - Rattan on Sep 22 2011 07:45:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  1:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to those who were there, many thanks to those who posted replies here. My heart is open and Love flows forth in stillness and peace. Beyond words. Beyond meaning. Beyond thought.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  6:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rattan

Some photos to remember this Retreat:

http://snipurl.com/aypretraet

Thanks, Rattan -- these are awesome!
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  8:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still working with what I experienced at Mench Mill (and likely will be for some time), but just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was there. I will never forget the radiant love that permeated the retreat from beginning to end, and continues to manifest as stillness since my return home.

It was a joy meeting old friends for the first time, making lots of new ones, and following a bit of a struggle, finding my way back to a place I had been away from for some time. Thank you all for being an inspiration.

Brett (the other tattooed guy)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  01:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear WoodDragon, that is so beautiful, thank you for sharing your experience!
And you also, Bewell and others. I can't tell you how much joy it gives me to read such wonderful reports.
We may, just possibly, be putting together a retreat here in Florida next year.
All my Love to you. xoxo
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rattan for the pics.

It was wonderful meeting you Brett (the other tattooed guy). I have always considered you the guru of retreats so having you with us was very special.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  10:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
trip 1 (Brett), it was an wonderful pleasure meeting you and sharing the retreat with you. Your presence was a true gift! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  10:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WoodDragon! What a lovely sharing - thank you. Your presence made this retreat truly special.

This was my second AYP retreat, and of a different flavor, as Kirtanman would say While the last one resulted in tremendous emotional release, this one caused a "settling" of the Silence.. Expansion, bliss and heart opening.. The power of the collective Silence was awe-inspiring; deep meditation seemed to happen spontaneously in the stillness of the group.

It was incredible for those of us who had met last year to see the growth in each other And bonds forged last year were strengthened while new friendships emerged.. For the last few days, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude - to the retreat leaders who are the most magnificent human beings, to everyone for giving so much of yourselves and of course Yogani for making this happen! In many ways, I feel a stronger connection with you all than people I've known all my life

Jeff, wish you had stayed longer - your limited presence had an immense impact here; thank you.

Much love to all,
kami
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000