Enlightenment Milestones
 As "advanced practices" come naturally
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello folks!
This is my first post in your - I got to say it - pretty motivating and ineresting forum.
I wanted to share my few cents with you although it is nothing too much of a milestone.
It might be a little too much to read for some but please take your time it might be a little but helpful though it's not too much of a big deal.

I remember it was the second half of 2007 when a friend of mine "initiated" me to advaita. He did not tell me what it is but he told me that I was god because and this and that and consciousness and chakras and so on. At first my mind was blown away because it sounded so interesting and also kind of logical the way he said it. So he told me to start meditating so I can unravel it. He said for my first time meditating I'm just supposed to sit down in a dark quiet room with nothing to distract me and just let the thoughts pass by without holding on to them.

I did it and while doing it I noticed that less thoughts come in/get distractive when I focus my eyes on the point between the brows or the eyes. In the end of that meditation I had the feeling that it would be right (just a feeling I didnt think that it would be) if I raised my eyes while they are closed. When I did this my body got energized like a lot of energy got released and now flows in my body. My mind got blown. I didnt believe something like this was actually going to happen I just did it to try it out.

When I told him about my experience and that stuff I did with my eyes he said these were techniques. I didn't know this back then. But that's not the end of the story I'm telling you so let's flip to the next page...

Many times I started meditating and stopped it after a few weeks/months but now I am more disciplined about it (I started again like 2-3 weeks ago). On my daily meditation routine I noticed a few things and I don't know how I came to do them.

When I put my chin on my throat (no idea why I did that) it felt kind of like it's charging energy like a battery. And then I put my head up slowly and felt a nice feeling of pressure "going down" (like it's coming from over my head) on my head. Later I read something about a similar technique in Yogani's "the secrets of wilder" maybe it's the same. I didn't know about it. Also when doing it my mouth used to open and my tongue went to the top of it without me noticing it (but it didnt create any special sensations and also it didnt go the spot where "soft and hard palates meet")

Same for my head slightly rocking from side to side (left to right or right to left) and same for the spot between genitals and anus getting sucked in and creating a kind of rush of energy in me, These are "techniques" that I didn't know anything about. And there are some other things that I never read before that my body does while meditating that also feel nice - some of the releasing kind (body tension some creating energy feelings) and I believe that these could also be "techniques" and that everybody should let these things happen and everybody should explorate them becuase some of these might be pretty helpful on our way "up". Also it is like the body does the right "technique" in the right time - like it occurs to me that sometimes it feels best meditating with my eyes half opened half closed. I think we all do that stuff sometimes or maybe everytime we meditate - don't get lost in just doing techniques like a machine let your body know the way.

Last thing I have to say is an asking for help: when I "suck" my perineum in it is hard for me to keep it in that state while breathing because I need some concentration on it because for me it is a very subtle muscle. Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks and so long :)

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  11:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by escapado

Hello folks!
This is my first post in your - I got to say it - pretty motivating and ineresting forum.
I wanted to share my few cents with you although it is nothing too much of a milestone.
It might be a little too much to read for some but please take your time it might be a little but helpful though it's not too much of a big deal.

I remember it was the second half of 2007 when a friend of mine "initiated" me to advaita. He did not tell me what it is but he told me that I was god because and this and that and consciousness and chakras and so on. At first my mind was blown away because it sounded so interesting and also kind of logical the way he said it. So he told me to start meditating so I can unravel it. He said for my first time meditating I'm just supposed to sit down in a dark quiet room with nothing to distract me and just let the thoughts pass by without holding on to them.

I did it and while doing it I noticed that less thoughts come in/get distractive when I focus my eyes on the point between the brows or the eyes. In the end of that meditation I had the feeling that it would be right (just a feeling I didnt think that it would be) if I raised my eyes while they are closed. When I did this my body got energized like a lot of energy got released and now flows in my body. My mind got blown. I didnt believe something like this was actually going to happen I just did it to try it out.

When I told him about my experience and that stuff I did with my eyes he said these were techniques. I didn't know this back then. But that's not the end of the story I'm telling you so let's flip to the next page...

Many times I started meditating and stopped it after a few weeks/months but now I am more disciplined about it (I started again like 2-3 weeks ago). On my daily meditation routine I noticed a few things and I don't know how I came to do them.

When I put my chin on my throat (no idea why I did that) it felt kind of like it's charging energy like a battery. And then I put my head up slowly and felt a nice feeling of pressure "going down" (like it's coming from over my head) on my head. Later I read something about a similar technique in Yogani's "the secrets of wilder" maybe it's the same. I didn't know about it. Also when doing it my mouth used to open and my tongue went to the top of it without me noticing it (but it didnt create any special sensations and also it didnt go the spot where "soft and hard palates meet")

Same for my head slightly rocking from side to side (left to right or right to left) and same for the spot between genitals and anus getting sucked in and creating a kind of rush of energy in me, These are "techniques" that I didn't know anything about. And there are some other things that I never read before that my body does while meditating that also feel nice - some of the releasing kind (body tension some creating energy feelings) and I believe that these could also be "techniques" and that everybody should let these things happen and everybody should explorate them becuase some of these might be pretty helpful on our way "up". Also it is like the body does the right "technique" in the right time - like it occurs to me that sometimes it feels best meditating with my eyes half opened half closed. I think we all do that stuff sometimes or maybe everytime we meditate - don't get lost in just doing techniques like a machine let your body know the way.

Last thing I have to say is an asking for help: when I "suck" my perineum in it is hard for me to keep it in that state while breathing because I need some concentration on it because for me it is a very subtle muscle. Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks and so long :)

Hi escapado!

I really enjoyed one of your other posts so thought I would offer some observations I have made in my practices...keep in mind I'm no expert...

Mulabandha for me is not a forced "sucking" ...but just a subtle intention to pull energy up...siddhasana with the heel pressure on the perenium is a physical practice that allows it to happen with no thought about it.

There are real experts here that can offer more instruction and the writings from Yogani are excellent!

Again...welcome to the AYP forums. We look forward to your further contributions!
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  11:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome escapado,

It sounds like you have had much experience with what Yogani calls "automatic yoga" - when the techniques just seem to happen naturally at the perfect times. Not everybody is so lucky. Some people begin by doing the techniques intentionally (like a machine as you say), and later on in the process, they begin to happen naturally on their own. We keep up a daily practice routine until the process gains momentum of its own. And then (hopefully) one day liberation, and we will be naturally in it all the time.

The perineum "sucking" is like that too. At first it is an intentional "squeezing" or "sucking" and later on we don't really need to think about it - it's a very subtle intention like you said. Yogani calls the first learning process the "clunky stage" in his writings, and then the later "automatic yoga" is when it becomes second nature. Even if you've already experienced it with automatic yoga, it is good to keep doing it intentionally so that it becomes a habit during your pranayama which requires no attention.

Glad you're here, and keep reading the lessons - it sounds like you're wired for enlightenment based on all the automatic yoga you've experienced.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  04:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did Automatic yoga/asanas for about 3 years.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7409

Now from a few months it has all stopped. I don't feel much need to meditate either.

I just don't feel anyhing.

I am blank.

quote:

Does it feel like you will lift off from the ground? Like having an electric motorised fan down there lifting you upwards?

Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  09:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well it's not that special and it is not that intense like it was with you manigma. It happens like that: I do my pranayana (usually more Pranayama in my daily routine than meditation on IAM) and then just after finishing it or someties whilst breath suspension I kinda like feel what the energy could want to do or let's say: where there is more energy. I just move to the position where there could be more. Like my body knows where this "more" is. It is nothing special it is like you got lot of tension on some body part and you stretch your body in a way that there is release. I can't explain it very well but I think that everybody can do this.
I can kind of move that energy if I want to. I remember 2 years ago trying to make others feel that energy by moving it onto them. 2 Guys were like: oh yeah awesome this works, but I thought they just say it because we are friends. So I went to another guy and told him to close his eyes and focus on the point between his eyebrows. While he had his eyes shut I had my finger like one inch away from that spot and moved all the energy that I could focus on it. When he opened his eyes I was no longer in that position but he seems to have noticed it - he was like: WOW what the hell was THAT? :D

@machart: thank you :) which post do you mean?

@JDH: Thank you for the advice! Oh but if we were the only 2 people in the world then you would be the only one believing in my enlightenment hehe

@manigma: No it got more intense than it was in the beginning but it does not feel that intense
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All advanced yoga techniques come naturally in one form or another.

Where do you think they came from originally?

Some people are more inclined to learn from others, while some people are meant to discover practices on their own. The practices are there already...
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  05:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Like my body knows where this "more" is. It is nothing special it is like you got lot of tension on some body part and you stretch your body in a way that there is release. I can't explain it very well but I think that everybody can do this.

Yes, just like a flower releasing its fragrance when it blooms.

We should not obstruct or put any obstacle in the way of the inner working. He should simply watch it as a witness without assuming any responsibility for it, for it is the work of a divine power consciously acting from within. And in this state he will feel very happy, indeed and his faith will grow strong and unshakable.

There are occasions when even an illiterate Sadhak possessing no knowledge of Asan or Pranayam may be seen doing all these processes exactly prescribed in the Shastras under the influence of the transmitted power just like a yogi who had a training in Yoga for several years. The fact is that the Kundalini power herself gets all these things done according to the needs and demands of the case for the growth of the Sadhak.

http://www.mahayoga.org/library/tosp.htm

Also take a look at this if you haven't already:

Amazing And Automatic Experiences After Initiation
http://www.mahayoga.org/library/Ama...itiation.pdf

Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  09:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@tonightsthenight: I don't doubt that
But maybe we all have this "gift" if we just look in the right place or just let the body work it out -> I just wanted to point on it

@manigma: Thank you for the links! I enjoyed reading the second one but the first one won't help me get anywhere since I don't have a guru (nor do I believe that one is needed - who was the guru to the guru to the guru before etc. you get my point? But I bet a guru is a huge help)
Also I never had any kind of initiation.

I don't know what to do with this "gift" (it looks pretty mundane - in no way any special - to me)
I let my body do this kind of stuff sometimes while pranayama (or let's just say spinal breathing because at the moment it's all the pranayama I work with) and sometimes for a short period of time after the pranayama. But that's it. I don't know how much time I should put into it or what its effects are. I wish there was a way to find out more about it I want to feel the bliss and I want to find something that at least for a single moment is so intense, that all doubts vanish. Doubts like "does this really do anything?" are a hell of an obstacle on the way to ascension, you see
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  02:27:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
@manigma: Thank you for the links! I enjoyed reading the second one but the first one won't help me get anywhere..

Its because you didn't read it properly.

The four methods of transmission mentioned in Vedas are as following:-
(1) through touch, (2) through the spoken word, (3) through sight and (4) through thought, and are classed as the gross, the subtle, the subtler and the subtlest respectively.

The moment a young cuckoo brought up by a crow hears the voice of a cuckoo, it gains its voice which has the power of awakening the same consciousness in other young cuckoos. And the line of succession through word thus continues unbroken.

You had written in your first post:

quote:

I remember it was the second half of 2007 when a friend of mine "initiated" me to advaita. He did not tell me what it is but he told me that I was god

The Guru is everywhere, its in you, around you.

You friend told you 'You Are God'. This is what any Guru would say to you as well.

This single line works like transmission through the spoken word as mentioned above.

quote:
I wish there was a way to find out more about it I want to feel the bliss and I want to find something that at least for a single moment is so intense, that all doubts vanish.

Trust what your friend said. Meditate over it. And that intense moment you seek might just happen.

Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  9:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was on C. like a week ago the kundalini rose to the top. It was a complete rising the absolute experience but because it was only on C. it remained temporary.
What can I say? We are all robots, to start being we gotta be soul-rebels and rebel against the false-saviours. But since it is all just a game it doesn't matter anyway. We are not in charge of when "it" is gonna happen and it is not another experience we make. It is the end of all experiences because it takes us out of the game it ends the game for some moments. This is it. Realizing that this is only a game. Doesn't matter if you reached anything special or not. No state matters anymore because it's just a dream anyway.

Meditation won't take you anywhere and the energy you move in yoga and so on is pretty much a joke compaired to the real deal. My heart felt like it was going to EXPLODE when suddenly in a vision Jesus said "let god into your heart and he will illuminate it" and them there was this lightbeam going into my heart and it got even more and more and more :D
So no way you could compare those two energies. You can't control Kundalini anyway.

Oh and in the end you will be so thankfull sooo thankfull xDD
well whatever my guru said: "after I experienced this I would have said: Meditation? haha no won't do anything nothing can make kundalini arise. But after twelve years I now would say that it looks like meditation and spiritual practices are tempting kundalini to come"

What I will be doing now is letting kundalini decide when the time has come and stop thinking "oh my life needs this and that". I'll start doing more sports and maybe I'll keep on doing Yoga and stuff.

oh sweetness of cosmic beloved one this was ...sh*tTT it was just :D There is god by the way and he lies in you and to be with god destroys all dreams and there will no longer be your loved people so make sure you really want to end it already...
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  9:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's the same energy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000