Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Automatic Yoga / Asanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  02:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Friends

A lot of you report experiencing automatic/spontaneous asanas during meditation.

Its been over 3 years I am doing meditation and I have done a lot of asanas automatically. These asanas occur in a state when I am beyond mind/ego. No me, only awareness and a great energy working on me.

If anyone has read the novel '2001:A Space Odyssey'. One can relate this phenomenon with the cube teaching the apes.

Here is a list of asanas that happened automatically to me so far:

Dwi Pada (My first asana: did this with my Dad's help. Legs tied behind my neck, folded hands/namaskar in front of the forehead/third eye.)
Bakasana
Pincha Mayurasana
Tittibhasana/Bhujapidasana
Purvottanasana
Adho Mukha Vrksasana
Halasana
Salamba Sarvangasana
Salamba Sirsasana
Ustrasana
Bitilasana
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
Dhanurasana
Ananda Balasana
Karna
Setu
Baddha Konasana
Paripurna Navasana
Dwi Pada Dandasana / Viparita Dandasana
Ardha Matsyendrasana
Virasana
Simhasana
Vrschikasana (Did this today for the first time.)

Maybe few other also that I have forgotten. Not to mention several automatic hand mudras, bandhas, breath control/alterations etc.

My reason for posting this topic is just to let those people know who have an experience with automatic yoga.... Its grace. You are blessed.

You are growing/evolving! The seed is becoming the tree. The divine has heard your prayers. Your tears have not gone waste. Your bhakti is flowering. You are pregnant with you.

Thanks
Mani (of the mind/ego)

PS: This link will also be helpful: http://www.messagefrommasters.com/P...ahamudra.htm

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  01:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed that most of the asanas done so far... focus on a particular point/chakra on my body.

And its been going on very systematically.

It started from the root, then focusing the energy in the front parts of the body, going all the way up to the crown, and now going back down from the back side of body.

I could not find a suitable image but see below:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040...df6b5397.jpg
http://www.amidangels.com/Images/We...ra12Side.jpg

Its like completing a circle inside. Starting from the root, going up front side, reaching the top, then returning back to root from back side of the body.

The recent asanas I am doing are focusing energy behind my neck. So still on the job
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you feel that some higher power has taken possession of your body and under that influence automatic movements of the body takes place or different postures of yoga are involuntarily performed without the least pain or fatigue and you feel increasingly buoyant, know that the kundalini has come into action.

http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/r...s/ays173.asp

It took a few years to finally get an answer.

I am not possessed! I am not possessed! I am not possessed!

Marvelous!
Go to Top of Page

uranchan

Indonesia
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  02:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manigma,
several years ago i experienced the spontaneous yoga asanas & mudras. And like you i came to the conclusion it was a partial kundalini awakening. But i had not learned yoga previously, and i just had been doing meditation for a few weeks when it started.

Anyways i haven't found a master to guide me with this so i left spiritual practices. (any prayers or meditation or even a thought would trigger the asanas). I have just one big question, what are we suppose to do with it anyway? I read so many unpleasant up to horrifying stories on spontaneous kundalini awakening with or without a guru, i'm too scared to do anything with it but i also think there has to be a reason or a purpose.

A penny for your thought?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  09:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by uranchan
I have just one big question, what are we suppose to do with it anyway?

You are supposed to do nothing.

Now its Kundalini that will do everything.

Give it 1 to 2 hours a day. Morning period is best.

The initial stages when Kundalini resumes/begins its work effect differently on every individual depending upon their previous progress.

In the first few days it will work/scan your bodies (physical/astral/causal etc) and map/find out the best way to move further. Clear out minor blocakges if any.

This process is sometimes termed as horrific. Because sometimes it activates your higher chakras. Its all part of the process and gets stabilised soon.

Trust, have faith, pray, surrender, be aware, be fearless... and the most important thing... be patient!

KUNDALINI ENERGY IS VERY VERY SMART.

Try your best to keep the body and mind relaxed. Listening to good mantras, going to temples, receiving blessings from saints and other practices that purify the body/mind helps.

Do a little exercise to keep the body fit.

By means of kundalini awakening, you are compensating with the laws of nature and speeding up the pace of your physical, mental and spiritual evolution. - Swami Satyananda Saraswati

So all the best and welcome to AYP!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi uranchan, and welcome!

For the AYP approach to handling instances of automatic yoga, see these lessons:

http://www.aypsite.org/104.html
http://www.aypsite.org/183.html
http://www.aypsite.org/210.html

For more lessons on automatic yoga, see "Automatic Yoga (and movements)" in the Topic Index.

Gently favoring our structured practice routine over automatic yoga, plus self-pacing of practices as needed, are the keys in the AYP approach, not giving over to unrestricted automatic yoga, which can lead to uncomfortable excesses.

The view we take in AYP is that automatic yoga is an effect of practices and/or kundalini awakening, not a primary cause of spiritual advancement. Such symptoms can be wide-ranging, or none at all. It depends on the inner process of purification and opening, which will vary from person to person (and at different times in the same person), according to the inner matrix of obstructions (karma) gradually being dissolved through practices.

Automatic yoga, and other "scenery" (visions, sensations, etc.) we may experience along the way are associated with the "friction" of energy passing through inner obstructions. As we continue with a self-paced, stable and comfortable practice routine over time, the friction/symptoms become less as the obstructions are gradually dissolved. Then our experiences become much more refined, blissful in stillness, and flowing as outpouring divine love. As this progresses we find an increasing sense of Oneness inside and outside. This is the rise of the unending experience of unity and non-duality, which is freedom, even as we remain fully engaged in ordinary daily living. In this situation, we find we have more to give to those around us, and far beyond.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Kundalini awakening is a partnership between ourselves and the divine. - Yogani Ji

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  02:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I understood what was happening to me can be called the 'Whole Body Mudra'

As I understand, in 'Whole Body Mudra, our whole body becomes a single sense of the divine.

I was reading Osho yesterday and he had mentioned that when we see from our eyes, touch with our hands, we move our focus/awareness to that sensing point.

In Whole Body Mudra, all our senses combine and become a single sense of the divine. Its a union with the life stream. When I am in deep witness state (where my body performs all these automatic asanas), it is so.

Its like the famous quote "God sees through our eyes".

And when I return back to the normal waking state (by grounding myself), it feels like something is returning back inside me. Like air being inflated in me through my crown or third eye. I utter Oooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm very loudly a few times and then gradually return to this normal waking state. The limited self/consciousness state.

So its like when I sit, I go into the 'Whole Body Mudra' and give my hand to the divine so it could take me wherever it likes.

Like a flower surrendering to the light of the sun and its petals open itself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000