Enlightenment Milestones
 No Such Thing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There is no such thing as Enlightenment!!!!

I've been running after some thought projected to the future.....

Like how I thought "Enlightenment" should be, feel, how an enlightened being should act, all thoughts about the future or reality, but they can never be what reality is.....

I feel stupid!!

Love,

Yonatan

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to nowhere, Yonatan

Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  8:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  02:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  03:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This must be my 3rd or 4th time sharing this quote:

EMPTINESS IS A NAME FOR NOTHINGNESS, A NAME FOR UNGRASPABILITY, A NAME FOR MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, THE WHOLE EARTH. IT IS ALSO CALLED THE REAL FORM. IN THE GREEN OF THE PINES, THE TWIST OF THE BRAMBLES, THERE IS NO GOING OR COMING. IN THE RED OF THE FLOWERS AND THE WHITE OF THE SNOW, THERE IS NO BIRTH AND NO DEATH.

JOY, ANGER, LOVE, PLEASURE -- THESE ARE BEGINNINGLESS AND ENDLESS DELUSION. ENLIGHTENMENT, PRACTICE, REALIZATION -- THESE ARE INEXHAUSTIBLE AND BOUNDLESS. THUS, EMPTINESS IS THE NAME FOR NOTHING ELSE; ALL THINGS ARE THE REAL FORM. IN ALL WORLDS, IN ALL DIRECTIONS, THERE IS NO SECOND, NO THIRD.

THEREFORE, IN THE FUNDAMENTAL VEHICLE THERE IS NO DELUSION OR ENLIGHTENMENT, NO PRACTICE OR REALIZATION. EVEN TO SPEAK OF PRACTICE AND REALIZATION IS A RELATIVE VIEW.

IN OUR SCHOOL, FROM THE FIRST ENTRY, THIS POINT SHOULD BE PRACTICED WHETHER SITTING, LYING DOWN, OR WALKING AROUND. WHEN SLEEPING, JUST SLEEPING, THERE IS NO PAST OR FUTURE. WHEN YOU AWAKEN, THERE IS NO SLEEP EITHER. THIS IS CALLED THE ABSOLUTE HOST.

~Master Ryusui
[Turning In - Osho]
http://www.oshoworld.com/e-books/se...search_title

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  06:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember the exact moment I realized this same thing Yonatan. I was driving in my car (I often seem to have realizations while driving.... perhaps I should be a long haul trucker! ) coming home from a friend's house. To me, it was pure freedom. To put to rest the idea that there was something to chase after, something to seek, something that had to be acheived. This for me was the moment I tasted real freedom. This realization resulted in a 10 minute long (or so) samadhi where the mind just rested in the freedom of knowing there was nowhere to go. Then, as the samadhi came to a gentle close I had my first "post samadhi" thought appear. That thought was "Enlightenment is not found in the mind... it is found in the moment". That first taste of freedom was the beginning of the end here. That was when I truly realized there was nowhere to go, we are already Here.

Very happy for you!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  11:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

_/\_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000