New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends

Thought I would share a bit about how things are progressing here in hopes that it will inspire us onwards.

I am finding, that with the continued twice daily practice of AYP, my life is becoming more and more ecstatic on all levels. What I want to address in this post is, however, just the physical ecstasy. I am now finding that the body is filled with ecstasy more and more often and sometimes with some interesting "pre-cursors." Here is a list of some of the pre-cursors that are regularly pushing the body into physical ecstasy;

-Eating. Eating now seems to fill the body with ecstasy. Am finding that it is more with some foods/meals then others though. If I eat heavily, the ecstasy is much more supressed. Light, healthy, well prepared meals seem to increase the amount of ecstasy experienced from eating.

-Urination and defecation. Going to the washroom now is very ecstatic. Urination now causes full orgasm-like symptoms. The back arches, the eyes lift and center and I often find myself moaning with the pleasure of going pee. This can be a bit awkward depending on the washroom I am using and who is around at the time. It's unstoppable though... the ecstasy is so strong I can't help myself. With defecation I am finding that the body will do a very similar thing to urination. The "back arching" doesn't seem as prominent but there is a definite increase in physical ecstasy while using the toilet.

-Driving. For whatever reason I find that driving in the car drastically increases the amount of ecstatic pleasure that is being felt in the body. I have no clue why this is, it just is. I'm not complaining. Sometimes it can be a bit hard to concentrate on driving due to the ecstatic pleasure wanting to pull the senses inward, but when this happens I just relax into it and allow the body/mind to drive on "autopilot." I try to stay very aware however when the wife and kid are in the car.

-Nasal wash. Practicing Jala Neti now seems to be an ecstatic practice. Didn't know this was possible, but just having saline solution flowing through the nasal passages causes the body to be flooded with physical ecstasy.

-Seeing my daughter. This is huge. The pure ecstatic joy of seeing my daughter (now 8 months old) is unparalleled. Her smile often induces some of the most ecstatic physical sensations I have ever experienced.

-Music. Especially singing along to music. This one is not "new" for me. I was a musician for many years and have a deep appreciation for "conscious music," but the amount of ecstatic flow that is now experienced while singing (doesn't really matter what music it is either) is truly beautiful. We are truly blessed to have a voice and to be able to use it to sing.

-Marijuana. I used to be a chronic marijuana smoker, smoking more in a day then most heavy users would smoke in a week or two, but I rarely smoke anymore. Now, I find that when I *do* choose to smoke a small amount of pot (I never smoke more then a couple of puffs when I do smoke) that the physical ecstasy is very prominent. I very much enjoy occassionally having a hoot and then doing some practices (especially asana). I am very careful not to make this a habit again though.... it was hard enough to drop this addiction the first time around... I have no desire to see myself get attached to smoking weed again.

-Sunlight and the moon. Being in the sunlight or gazing at the moon now fills the body with ecstatic sensation as well. I've always liked sunlight, but now it fills the body with bliss to stand in the sun and just be silent. And the moon and I are now in an intimate relationship. Seeing her causes the body to be riddled with ecstasy.

There are many simple things that now fill this body with ecstatic physical sensations. I don't know what the "cause" of this is, but I suspect it has something to do the changing neurobiology. We do indeed seemed to be wired for a life of ecstatic experience.

Love!

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 26 2011 4:58:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  02:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson thanks for sharing that, sounds like your enjoying yourself. I also find while driving my inner energies are heightened.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  12:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another thanks for sharing.

I have been experiencing the same thing (except MariJuana). For me, it is at all moments of "no thought" or going with the flow, whenever I am not actively engaged in thinking. Driving and listening to music has become one of my favorite things to do.

The peace continues to grow...

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  5:31:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bro, I am so happy for you. Reading this makes my heart sing

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Going to the washroom now is very ecstatic. Urination now causes full orgasm-like symptoms. The back arches, the eyes lift and center and I often find myself moaning with the pleasure of going pee.

LOL! Thanks for the visual.

From your list here, I relate strongly to music being ecstatic. For me, it's very crown-oriented. Especially singing, like you said. The musical ecstasy used to be occasional, but these days it's almost a daily experience.

Love to you. Hope your love affair with Life just deepens and grows from here.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

In those special moments, do you notice a natural flow to the bliss? Does it originate in any particular location?

It feels to me like it radiates from different chakras with a gentle upward flow, but any attention changes it.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

In those special moments, do you notice a natural flow to the bliss? Does it originate in any particular location?

The only "flow" noticed is "outwards".... and it seems to originate in the heart area.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree Carson. In fact, I would go further and say that anything can be an ectastic practice if only you have the properly prepared nervous system, focus and the intent!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  12:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TTN

Yes, I think that is where this is all headed. An ever increasing ecstatic experience. One day it will be 24-7-365 I imagine. 3 years ago there was no ecstasy. Today, there is much ecstasy. Some years down the road, if I can simply extrapolate the current "curve" there will be a non-stop ecstatic response to every moment.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  2:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yeah it will happen (if one lives long enough). It's an ever increasing process and there are hills and valleys, but it's always a journey toward a fuller, more ecstatic experience!

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  3:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

The whole thing sounds amazing. The past week or so I've definitely felt a ramp up in the feelings of ecstasy, and yes it seems to radiate out from the heart. Almost like the heart is open and pouring out. Guess that's where the whole "outpouring divine love" phrase come from ...I'm a little slow on the uptake.

I've noticed the energy flow with driving for the past 18 months. Strange thing. Everytime I drive somewhere, I feel the energy start working its way down my sushumna. I was going to post something on it a handful of times, but never got around to it. Not sure what it is about the driving that always triggers the energy flow, but its unmistakeable!

Love to you
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  12:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's good to let people know what all the practices lead to.

Although I doubt we would be ecstatic while pooping out yesterday's meal if it consisted of Bhut Jolokias! Still it is worth experimenting.

Sorry, not helping with the discussion!

Edited by - woosa on Jan 31 2011 12:03:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  5:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

Did it always radiate out of your heart? For me, it spreads though my body, then expands filling my body and then radiates out. Almost like the chakras are capacitors, once full, then radiate out. I probably still have a long ways to go charging the system .

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THANK YOU! for sharing. :-)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  3:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

Sorry for the delayed response... I somehow missed your post.

quote:

Did it always radiate out of your heart?

That's a good question. I had to really let that one go in Silence to remember if it always had or not. The answer that came to me was "No." It hasn't always felt like the ecstatic sensations were radiating outwards from the heart. There have been times where it was the classic "up the spine" ecstasy, and other times where it localized to a specific section of the spine, and other times still where it was localized sensations in the hands, or head/face, or other areas not directly connected to the spine.

Again, sorry for the delayed response.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  5:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

No problem. It seems some questions I am supposed to answer on my own. It has dramatically expanded since I asked the question.

Another question for you... Have you noticed that it is two way and connected to everything? You mentioned enjoying music in the car. Have you tried "pulling" it in?

Peace & Love!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  6:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

It is my experience, that even when someone else answers a question for us, it isn't until that answer comes from inside that we actually KNOW the answer. Others can suggest answers for us, and can answer from their own direct experience, but ultimately, all answers come from within. That's just my experience though....your mileage may vary.

quote:
Have you noticed that it is two way and connected to everything?

I have noticed that it is stimulated by many many different things, many of them mundane, and many "one off" situations, but I am yet to get to the point where everything induces it.

quote:
Have you tried "pulling" it in?

I now realize that unconsciously (assuming I am applying the same meaning to "pulling it in" that you are) I was trying to "pull it in" or "keep it inside the body" for a long time. It wasn't until I stopped trying to pull it in, that it became truly ecstatic and free flowing. Basically, when I stopped trying to "pull it in" it became much more constant.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  11:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I agree. I have appreciated your posts, because many of my experiences/feelings have been similar. Almost like I am following a few months behind .

My question was more about whether you are feeling a two way "energy" flow with people/things? Everything just has different "radiation levels".

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  12:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

quote:

I agree. I have appreciated your posts, because many of my experiences/feelings have been similar. Almost like I am following a few months behind .

Funny! I would have said basically the same thing based on your comments in this thread, just from the opposite direction.... that it seems we are on a similar wavelength but that I am a little bit behind you. Funny how perception works eh?

quote:

My question was more about whether you are feeling a two way "energy" flow with people/things? Everything just has different "radiation levels".

Ah, I feel ya bra.
Yes, there does seem to be a (what I would call) a "resonance" between certain energies here. But this resonance only seems to happen between the energies of people for me... not innanimate objects..... yet. It doesn't seem to happen with everyone, but there is some definite "energetic exchange/resonance" that happens between myself and some people. This is not something I "try for," just something that happens naturally, when it does. I find this interesting. It happens often in the AYP classes I teach, but it also happens with complete strangers on occassion too. This is the most intriguing to me. When walking down the street, or going to the grocery store or something, and then out of the blue, there is some person close by in which there is this magnetism/energetic resonance that happens. Usually we can't stop looking at each other and often there is a confused look/feeling as to why this magnetism is happening. It is especially intriguing when this person is "felt" before there is any actual visual "seeing" of each other. Is this closer to what you were asking about?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  12:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

It is pretty close. Look/stare/resonate with a person and they seem to spontaneously smile .

On feeling the two way. I have a couple things that I noticed.

1) Try looking at yourself in the mirror, but rather than looking at your reflection, imagine that the mirror is staring at you. Kind of like breathing in with your eyes. See if you feel a flow.

2) On a clear, full (or almost) moon, stare at the moon and "breathe in with your eyes". Big flow.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

Often when I look in the mirror I don't even recognize myself. Will try your #1 suggestion for sure.

On #2.... I for sure get this. I have been in a full out love affair with the moon for close to a year (or maybe even longer, I have a hard time reconciling time these days) now. It doesn't even have to be full or almost full. For example, today, I went out to start my car at 6:30 this morning and let it warm up (it was -36 degrees Celcius here this morning) and saw the moon (which is slightly less then half full now) and had "full flow" (or at least a very very strong flow) happen. It was strong enough, that I was instantly filled with heat (despite the cold weather), my back arched, my eyes lifted and centered and I had automatic mulabandha happening. This energy flow was so strong and so ecstatic (caused by seeing the moon) that it didn't even bother me that my car refused to start.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  1:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You can see how cultures would worship the moon.

Peace & Love.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  11:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

Another obscure one for you...

I have been trying to "watch" energy flows inside my body, but things like our moon example, flood the system with too much energy for me to watch/trace. I think using my eyes may be too active. I have recently found some success with listening to music (relaxing songs/vibrations). Coming in the ears it is easier to be passive and "watch". The weird thing is that it seems like the comes in the ears and goes down to the belly and then back up to heart/3rd eye. Almost more like the center is in the belly.

I know you are a music guy, do you ever meditate with it, let it wash over you and watch the flow? I know you said that you feel it radiate from the heart, but do you feel it come in there to?

Also, feel free to tell me it is a stupid question. I am just recently feeling a great sense of wonder how everything in the world seems to be connected with flows. It is fun to be a little kid again.

Peace & Love,

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  12:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

quote:

I have been trying to "watch" energy flows inside my body, but things like our moon example, flood the system with too much energy for me to watch/trace. I think using my eyes may be too active. I have recently found some success with listening to music (relaxing songs/vibrations). Coming in the ears it is easier to be passive and "watch". The weird thing is that it seems like the comes in the ears and goes down to the belly and then back up to heart/3rd eye. Almost more like the center is in the belly.

What is the motivation behind the "watching"? Is there an underlying need to understand something that perhaps can't be understood? I totally know the feeling of a complete "flooding" of ecstatic energy... I'm going through it right this moment actually and it has been going on non-stop since about 4pm last evening. It is too much for me to try and watch.... too much for me to try and understand. But in releasing that need to know, I find a beautiful space.... a space filled with freedom. I don't know how the energy flows, I don't know how the energy works, and I can't even really (at this moment) find words to explain how the energy FEELS. It's just happening and there is no desire (right now) to label this at all. There is just a complete relaxation and feeling of freedom and openness.

quote:

I know you are a music guy, do you ever meditate with it, let it wash over you and watch the flow?

I stopped actively listening to music sometime around 2008 or so. I let the radio play in my car (sometimes) when I am driving, I let the radio play while I am working on building my basement on the weekends, and on occassion I will put on a Trevor Hall youtube playlist while I clean the house or play with my daughter or something, but in general, I am music-less these days. That said though, some music really does cause ecstatic energy to wash over (more like "through") me. I don't use it for that purpose though... it just happens when it does. Here are two (very different) songs that have recently been causing me to go into full body ecstatic reverie:
"Oh Sleeper: We Are The Archers" (this is a Christian hardcore band)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_v...yer_embedded
and "Trevor Hall: Other Ways"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPi-...C8C8&index=1

quote:

I know you said that you feel it radiate from the heart, but do you feel it come in there to?

Honestly, I can't find the source or center of the energy. It just goes in a general "inside to outside" direction.

quote:

Also, feel free to tell me it is a stupid question. I am just recently feeling a great sense of wonder how everything in the world seems to be connected with flows. It is fun to be a little kid again.

What's really funny Jeff, is that once again, you seem to be just a little bit ahead of me. Yesterday, at about 4pm, I had a really beautiful opening. I fell into what I would call "The Great Unknowing" yet it was absolutely impregnated with Knowing/Clarity (I'm still baffled as to how to reconcile this paradox ). The result of this "opening" was the feeling of being a child again (which is still persisting to this moment) Everything is absolutely brand new and fresh again. Last night (after the opening and after sitting in meditation for a while) I took my wife and daughter to the grocery store.... the wonder and awe that was felt was literally like being a 3 year old again. Complete innocence and total joy over simply seeing fruit... it was like I had never truly SEEN fruit before. And I wanted to eat everything. I have been on an "anti-fruit kick" for several years now... NO desire to eat fruit whatsoever (I have been eating plenty of veggies, but no fruit at all for a long time). But I absolutely *needed* to buy at least one of every fruit there. Many of these fruits I'd *never* bought before. I bought mangos, kiwis, nectarines, peaches, a pineapple, bananas, avacados, apples, etc etc etc. And my lunch today basically consists of fruit. Most of which I had already eaten by 10am because I was so excited to taste it all. I truly feel like a child once again.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  4:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I wonder on the timing of our posts. I just posted to your post in the other section and debated saying I was following you again. As I stated in your other post, it was more a way to express something in terms I thought someone could respond to than anything else. How do you say that you are "feeling a sense of wonder" and have that mean something to someone?

You may be on to something with my watching too much, I have come to realize that in the end you don't "watch" it, you surrender and "be" it.

Peace & Love.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  4:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

quote:
How do you say that you are "feeling a sense of wonder" and have that mean something to someone?

I don't know. Lost in translation here.

quote:
I have come to realize that in the end you don't "watch" it, you surrender and "be" it.

My intuition is that it is not "the watching" that can be an issue.... it is the *motivation* behind the watching that can be an issue. If you are watching simply because you are watching.... amen... no issue. If you are watching because you are trying to *gain* something.... well, now, then there is something worth inquiring into there (IMO).

Very much enjoying the interactions with you Jeff.

Much Love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000