New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  7:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I also enjoy it very much. Maybe looking at the same mountain, but climbing from different sides. Hearing about the weather on your side of the mountain helps a lot.

My feel of it is that you are very much deeper and I am wider. Since my work and life are crazy, my meditation is in the moment and my guess is you have a deep and dedicated practice.

Your intuition is probably correct about the motivation, but it is not a desire to control. More a fear or sense of obligation to my family. Let go, dive into the deep end and you don't come back.

I will work on going deeper. Maybe you are supposed go wider? Maybe also try to connect to the energy in the world.

Peace & Love, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

I also enjoy it very much. Maybe looking at the same mountain, but climbing from different sides. Hearing about the weather on your side of the mountain helps a lot.

Agreed and likewise.

quote:

My feel of it is that you are very much deeper and I am wider.

It's not nice to call yourself fat you know. Hahaha. Deeper....wider....it's the same thing....it just depends on which angle your head is cocked at.

quote:

Since my work and life are crazy, my meditation is in the moment and my guess is you have a deep and dedicated practice.

My whole life is a meditation to be honest.... but yes, I have a dedicated, twice a day practice and have for closing in on 3 years now.

quote:

Your intuition is probably correct about the motivation, but it is not a desire to control. More a fear or sense of obligation to my family. Let go, dive into the deep end and you don't come back.

Well sir.... I am completely off the deep end, and my family is fairing pretty well. Come on in.... the water's totally groooooovy.

quote:

I will work on going deeper. Maybe you are supposed go wider? Maybe also try to connect to the energy in the world.

Thank you Jeff. I have taken this to heart and will let it all manifest as it needs to.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  10:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Jeff

quote:

Let go, dive into the deep end and you don't come back.

Well sir.... I am completely off the deep end, and my family is fairing pretty well. Come on in.... the water's totally groooooovy.

As I used to post fairly often a while back:

"C'Mon in ....... the Divine is Fine!!"

Ohhhh YEAH!!!

Has it always been like this for us (the "increasingly ecstatic" AYPers)? Nope; we all did the bad dream thing, too; for our entire lives, just like everyone does, prior to really awakening.

All of us here have been through the same general types of pain, trauma, struggle, doubt and fear as anyone reading may be going through (there aren't that many variations).

All we (those of us who feel we've gotten major benefit from AYP) did was just keep practicing.

Well, that and letting go ... and in the moments we felt we couldn't let go ... to be as willing to let go as possible.

Willingness is openness.

Openness makes all the non-difference.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Mar 01 2011 10:18:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  09:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson & Kirtanman,

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I can feel the flow to the deep end, but I have become a decent swimmer. I realize that if you are just the water, you never need to worry about it.

Love to buy you guys dinner sometime.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  09:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Carson & Kirtanman,

Peace & Love.

Join us for the Allentown retreat in September... they will both (stillness willing) be there.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  09:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff....

quote:

I can feel the flow to the deep end, but I have become a decent swimmer. I realize that if you are just the water, you never need to worry about it.

We are the water, the swimmer, the swimming, the pool enclosure, and everything in between. To me, it's all about letting go of everything. Letting go of trying to control where we are, letting go of trying to control what we are feeling, letting go of trying to even know what the hell we are! Let go, accept, and enjoy. There is nothing to worry about. All worries are projections from the mind and the ego trying to think it knows what is best (IMO).

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Join us for the Allentown retreat in September... they will both (stillness willing) be there.

Well, I can't speak for K-Man, but I can guarantee *I* will be there..... even if I have to crawl all 3,158kms.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  2:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

Thanks for the invite. I will definitely work on it. As long as I can fly (or at least not crawl).

Carson,

Sounds like you are going to be ahead of me again on the wisdom teeth. Take care of yourself.

Peace & Love, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I realize that if you are just the water, you never need to worry about it.

Hey Jeff -- you're just the water; we all are; that's the great secret. We're water, dreaming we're ice cubes, flowing all the while, now.

Enlightenment is a lot less like climbing a mountain, and a lot more like melting - and melting, "per above" .... just means waking up from the dream of being frozen.

quote:

Peace & Love.

Awesome, and while I can't speak for Carson, of course ... I'd say we'd be happy just to hang out; Peace & Love to you, too.

And as Shanti said, "the retreat is the place".

We all had a Pretty Good Time ("understatement of a few millenia" for quite a few of us .... ) at the last one, per these retreat experiences and photos.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Mar 02 2011 7:26:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  02:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi CarsonZi
very intresting experiences ..txs for sharing especially yout february 25 post...experience in the cold...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000