New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  2:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends.....

Lately I have been having an increasingly difficult time with overstimulation. After some careful observation I am coming to the realization that it usually happens after eating. Not directly after as my metabolism isn't as fast as it was in the past, but instead about an hour after eating I am getting the feeling of excessive energy, especially in the stomach area and am having a difficult time finding ways of coping. The energy is so strong sometimes that I get to the verge of panic and really don't know what to do. At these times the only thing I know that will decrease the vibration is marijuana. And I hate resorting to that now that I have finally dropped my addiction to it. I have been prudently self-pacing for about a week (after about two days of going back to normal practices thinking my last round of self-pacing was over) and have been doing as little some days as 4 minutes of DM (2 mins twice daily) and that's it. I have also been quite irritable with my wife for no reason as of late, and I can't figure out if it's because I need to cut out more DM, or if I need to add more and I am lacking in silence right now. The excessive energy after eating makes me lean towards the "pace more" side, but I am conflicted. I have had to smoke pot a few times to deal with this, as I think I would have jumped off the roof had I not, but I would like to find other ways of dealing with this as smoking now often puts me into spontaneous meditation and that isn't helping me pace. So basically, anyone have any advice on how to deal with manic energy bursts caused by eating food (dense food as well, not just fruit and stuff) other then by smoking pot? Running, walking, pushups, jumping jacks, parcour, you name it, I'm doing it, but often this happens at work and I am limited as to what I can do here for grounding. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Love,
Carson

P.S> I have also had an increased need for food in general which makes this worse. I am used to eating one meal a day, usually at about 5pm, sometimes I will eat an apple or something at noon, but not usually. This past two or three weeks I have probably eaten triple my normal amount because that is what my body has been asking for....I haven't been gaining weight though but have been getting more muscular (isn't intentional as I don't do much fitness stuff other then asanas and running/walking/golf).

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 27 2009 2:59:06 PM

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Carson and good day,

Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time..

I don't really have advice on this, but I have a small idea..

Have you tried doing slow deep breathing for a couple of minutes when you feel panic is coming? I have a biofeedback software called "Healing Rhythms", and in one of the lessons they teach to breath a breath of 5 seconds inhale-5 exhale to make the heart rate "coherent", and that brings relaxation.

I just think that maybe if you do that or something else that relaxes you after you eat for some time (and feel relaxed) it would be easier to cope with the energy when it comes

Just a thought.

I'm sure others would have tons of good advice.

Love and wishing you an easy passing though in this,

Yonatan

Edited by - Yonatan on May 27 2009 4:36:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan and thanks for the thoughts

I've tried Spinal Breathing during these times in an effort to have the energy "spread out" more along the spine and not stay so much in the "gut" but it makes things worse. More manic. Thansk for the wishes....this too shall pass

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
have you released your seed lately?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Niel...

No I haven't. I am still practicing staying pre-orgasmic and at the very least blocking. I haven't blocked or had an orgasm in hmmmm....at least a month or two.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  5:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion...

Walking is excellent, and it seems you're already doing that. Also, laying on the ground for like 20 minutes can be helpful.

Kidney-1 breathing is great. Just breathe normally, and imagine your nostrils are the bubbling well points on your feet, and that your lungs are in your lower dantien (2 fingers below the navel, and 2 fingers within but it doesn't have to be exact). So on the inhale, you are gathering from the feet into the belly, and on the exhale you are expelling from the belly, out of the feet.

When you start to get panicked, be fearless and smile in your heart. Don't try to stop what's happening...laugh at it. I know it seems weird, but it will help the process a lot.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  02:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had problems with energy getting stuck in certain areas of the body, and my qi gong teacher solved that for me, and since then it's working almost 100%. According to what I've understood the pressure from the energies comes from an imagination that your body has boundaries and that you capture the energies inside those boundaries. When energies build up, then the body may become a pressure boiler. What if you imagine that energy spread out from the stomach in all directions and can spread out in infinity, like an exploding bomb. The energy goes where your awareness is... expand the consciousness and the energy will follow in my experience. At first I didn't find the right sense of this, so she helped me by dragging the energies outwards with her hands. When I sensed how to expand "body awareness" outside the physical body into infinity, the problem was gone.

There's also a meditation technique that would help you find that sensation of widening and expanding I learned from my ki-aikido teacher. You imagine your dan tien (5 cm below your navel, 5 cm into the body)getting smaller and smaller, a point splitting in half constantly, half, half, half... and then you switch and let that tiny point grow bigger and bigger and expand in all directions, into your whole body, like an egg around your body, and then that egg encompasses the room, the house, the block, the city, the earth, the solar system, the galaxy, the whole cosmos into infinity... and then it draws back and when in the dan tien again it splits in half, half, half... To pump your awareness in and out like this will get easier and easier and you will probably feel the energies going smoothly with your awareness...

PS: And go get some ejaculations! If you self-pace - do it in all areas (diminish practices, increase exercise, heavier food, drink water, walk, have sex - ejaculations etc etc - engage in low frequent activities)! No point withdrawing energies in one way if you keep boosting it in others. The result will be less or even nil.

Edited by - emc on May 28 2009 02:28:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  05:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hug a tree !

And release your seed.

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott....

quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Kidney-1 breathing is great. Just breathe normally, and imagine your nostrils are the bubbling well points on your feet, and that your lungs are in your lower dantien (2 fingers below the navel, and 2 fingers within but it doesn't have to be exact). So on the inhale, you are gathering from the feet into the belly, and on the exhale you are expelling from the belly, out of the feet.

I tried this just now and I have one question....should I be sitting or standing? Doing it sitting caused me to get an energy headache for whatever reason. I'm probably doing it wrong. At least I know how to get rid of the headache quick thanks to I think it's Jim and his Karma's "ear popping/neck opening technique"...works every time for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott

When you start to get panicked, be fearless and smile in your heart. Don't try to stop what's happening...laugh at it. I know it seems weird, but it will help the process a lot.

Thanks man.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc.....

quote:
Originally posted by emc

I had problems with energy getting stuck in certain areas of the body, and my qi gong teacher solved that for me, and since then it's working almost 100%. According to what I've understood the pressure from the energies comes from an imagination that your body has boundaries and that you capture the energies inside those boundaries. When energies build up, then the body may become a pressure boiler. What if you imagine that energy spread out from the stomach in all directions and can spread out in infinity, like an exploding bomb. The energy goes where your awareness is... expand the consciousness and the energy will follow in my experience. At first I didn't find the right sense of this, so she helped me by dragging the energies outwards with her hands. When I sensed how to expand "body awareness" outside the physical body into infinity, the problem was gone.

There's also a meditation technique that would help you find that sensation of widening and expanding I learned from my ki-aikido teacher. You imagine your dan tien (5 cm below your navel, 5 cm into the body)getting smaller and smaller, a point splitting in half constantly, half, half, half... and then you switch and let that tiny point grow bigger and bigger and expand in all directions, into your whole body, like an egg around your body, and then that egg encompasses the room, the house, the block, the city, the earth, the solar system, the galaxy, the whole cosmos into infinity... and then it draws back and when in the dan tien again it splits in half, half, half... To pump your awareness in and out like this will get easier and easier and you will probably feel the energies going smoothly with your awareness...

Thanks for this....I gotta get ME a qigong teacher....I tried Scott's technique after lunch today, but I'll try this after dinner if it happens tonight. But I'm a little worried that if I spread this much energy outside my body I might start blowing up my computer and stuff again. Is that a possibility you think?

quote:
Originally posted by emc

PS: And go get some ejaculations! If you self-pace - do it in all areas (diminish practices, increase exercise, heavier food, drink water, walk, have sex - ejaculations etc etc - engage in low frequent activities)! No point withdrawing energies in one way if you keep boosting it in others. The result will be less or even nil.

Yeah yeah...... ...... I stopped masturbating a while ago in an effort to more fully engage with my wife more often and have consequently not been engaging in as much sexual activity overall as I usually would. And to be quite honest sex has been the farthest thing from my mind for the past few months. It still happens but I haven't been focused on it much. Strange for me but who I am to question what happens? Thanks for the advice.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang....

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

Hug a tree !

I only have shrubs in my yard, but my neighbours two doors down have a Poplar tree in their front yard....I might get arrested but whatever Haha.... Just kidding.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

And release your seed.

You guys all seem to be suggesting this, but is it really that big of a deal? Is that not just a convenient scapegoat? Just asking....

Love,
Carson

P.S. Thanks for the advice
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, since blocking ejaculation is seen as one of the main techniques to not waste your energies... then spilling the seed must be rather draining, no? For me, having an orgasm is one of the most effective means to drain energy...
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc....

I rarely block. Is staying pre-orgasmic the same? How do celibate people maintain if this is true? Wouldn't any totally celibate monk be unable to walk down the street without doing flips every second step?

Love,
Carson

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
ejaculation brings tons of grounding in my opinion.celibate and things like that i think should come to you slowly,due to lot of previous yoga practtices and when you feel,your own self feels its the moment.Then you can use the tantric tools.
Its a powerful force,if it makes you feel uncomfortable i think its better to stop fighting for no ejaculate.life comes from that seed.thats the power of the seed.
I dont know if your problem is related to no releasing your seed,but try to release your seed a few days and look what happens...maybe it could be related to cannabis consume the past years.Cannabis has the very much strange an unpredictable side effects over the short and long term.Maybe its related to that.Your body maybe its not still free from cannabis adiction.Talking from my experience with this substance in the past.Maybe now you are healing something related with the cause that made you smoke this plant,healing due to ayp practices.
Good luck

Edited by - miguel on May 28 2009 4:50:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel....
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

ejaculation brings tons of grounding in my opinion.celibate and things like that i think should come to you slowly,due to lot of previous yoga practtices and when you feel,your own self feels its the moment.Then you can use the tantric tools.
Its a powerful force,if it makes you feel uncomfortable i think its better to stop fighting for no ejaculate.life comes from that seed.thats the power of the seed.

I'm not fighting to not ejaculate. I haven't even thought about it for a long time, honestly. The excessive energy is coming about 1 hour after eating. Not after not ejaculating.

quote:

maybe it could be related to cannabis consume the past years.Cannabis has the very much strange an unpredictable side effects over the short and long term.Maybe its related to that.Your body maybe its not still free from cannabis adiction.Talking from my experience with this substance in the past.
Good luck

I still struggle daily with marijuana addiction. I rarely give in though. Only when I seem to have no other viable options (or sometimes when out having fun with friends). When I have this strong energy in my stomach I don't really feel like "rubbin' one out" if you know what I mean.... I think if I did that my body would explode before I ever ejaculated. That's how it feels anyways. Thanks for the advice.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  5:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm not fighting to not ejaculate. I haven't even thought about it for a long time, honestly. The excessive energy is coming about 1 hour after eating. Not after not ejaculating.

Then in my opinion its good,its happening in a natural and healthy way.

Related to canabis,is a curious thing that it stopped that experiences after your meals.Thats why i think its related to cannabis,and maybe would be interesting to focus your research in that direction.Maybe could i be wrong,of course,only opinion.

Edited by - miguel on May 28 2009 5:13:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  5:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And this is an idea that came to mind this evening after reading you post.Only a suggestion,maybe risky suggestion....what about adding a little dose of cannabis in you meal everyday,not to get high,only has a medicine?.Maybe a right use could benefit you...
Only an idea....
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel.....

quote:

Related to canabis,is a curious thing that it stopped that experiences after your meals.Thats why i think its related to cannabis,and maybe would be interesting to focus your research in that direction.Maybe could i be wrong,of course,only opinion.

Just to clarify in case I wasn't clear before....
I eat some food, then an hour later I have a crazy energy fill my stomach area that makes me kinda manic. The only thing that I have found that works to keep this excessive vibration down is to smoke pot. Running/walking/pushups etc etc don't help. It's almost like the feeling you get right before you bunjy-jump or skydive if you've ever tried either. And I don't smoke pot anymore. I stopped habitually smoking it on January 10th. So I am several months out of my addiction now. The only time I smoke pot now is when it seems like the only realistic alternative or when I just want to let loose with my friends and have a beer and a joint. I've done this maybe 3 times since I quit.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  5:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

And this is an idea that came to mind this evening after reading you post.Only a suggestion,maybe risky suggestion....what about adding a little dose of cannabis in you meal everyday,not to get high,only has a medicine?.Maybe a right use could benefit you...
Only an idea....

I did that for over a dozen years. Trying to stay away from that now. It would make things easier, but better???? Who knows.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  6:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The symphtoms you experience are really courious shymptoms,and i cant give you a solution...
But it could be a phase...dont you think?
I hope it will dissapear as soon as possible carson...or someone here can give you any interesting suggestion...
all the best.

Edited by - miguel on May 28 2009 6:51:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  7:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson,

Why don't you try this one: ejaculate before eating once and see if you still get the manic feelings after eating (or whether it has any positive effect)? Nothing to lose and its probably a better option than resorting to smoking weed if you're trying to kick the habit.

Retention of the seed builds additional energy in the system over time, and I have found that after around 1-1.5mos of staying pre-orgasmic, my energy levels raise to levels that start to get uncomfortable. A release at this point tends to bring me back into balance.

Its basically about dissapating the excessive build-up of prana in the system, which ejaculating would clearly help with.

The reason celibates aren't doing back flips down the street is that most probably aren't engaged in all of the advanced energy cultivating activities you've been doing (AYP, kundalini yoga, acupuncture, powerful detox program, etc etc).

As Yogani has indicated in the Lessons these activities all have a cumulative effect that may take months to fully manifest in your physiology, and it may take awhile and multiple grounding activities to bring yourself back into balance...

Seems like losing a bit of seed is a pretty low risk (and possibly enjoyable) way to help mitigate the kundalini build-up in your system

Just my humble opinion...good luck

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  10:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

quote:
I tried this just now and I have one question....should I be sitting or standing? Doing it sitting caused me to get an energy headache for whatever reason. I'm probably doing it wrong. At least I know how to get rid of the headache quick thanks to I think it's Jim and his Karma's "ear popping/neck opening technique"...works every time for me.

It helps to do it not 'looking down' at the area, but rather, 'being in' the area as it happens...if that makes sense. Shift your self to the lower, so that you aren't aware of the upper or view it as something other than yourself. Feeling it is right, locating it isn't.

If it still gives you a headache, then I don't recommend it.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  10:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

The reason celibates aren't doing back flips down the street is that most probably aren't engaged in all of the advanced energy cultivating activities you've been doing (AYP, kundalini yoga, acupuncture, powerful detox program, etc etc).

As Yogani has indicated in the Lessons these activities all have a cumulative effect that may take months to fully manifest in your physiology, and it may take awhile and multiple grounding activities to bring yourself back into balance...

Amen to that...
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  11:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't just release your seed....make LOVE to your wife.

You have a lot of LOVE to give....Share the wealth!

Edited by - machart on May 29 2009 12:28:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  10:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone.....

So.....last night my wife and I "got intimate" since everyone is suggesting this (no other reason of course)and I had full intention of releasing my seed....but when the time came for me to actually release I was unable to. I did have an orgasm, I did not block (manually), but I was unable to release any ejaculate. And I WAS trying. And I woke up this morning with the "energy stomach" thing and I hadn't eaten a thing since dinner last night. So there is for sure a possibility that the non-release of seed is causing this. I think I need to retrain my body to want to release though, as I genuinely was trying to ejaculate, but the pelvic contractions that accompany orgasm now did not allow any outward flow. Guess I'm just gonna have to practice....

Thanks everyone for all the kind and loving advice. I feel honored to have friends like you all.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the problems you are having stem mostly from the circumstances of your life, which are causing you severe anxiety and inner conflict. I've read many of your posts, about dealing with pot smoking, problems with your marriage, etc., and it seems like these are the main problems you have, rather than problems directly caused by your yoga practices. The strange sensations you have in your gut sound like the rush of fear and adrenaline that a person get when they are feeling anxious.

Just keep working on these things in your life, and be sure to get help from friends in the form of good company and fun activities.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000