AYPsite.org Forum
 Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Rising Ecstasy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  8:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does, or can ,one balance rising ecstasy with DM?

I feel like i'm on a stimulant, tonight.perhaps it's just a phase,side-effect or my imagination. maybe do some grounding tommorrow.

like mdma or cocaine. i can see why other posts mention drugs, which i personally do not favour.
i did DM this morning,before food. i just do about a min of SbP, now and again.

interesting.

it may just be a symptom of obstructions being released.

(light ,gentle & mindfyl asana perhaps? too, or simply a walk/stroll?)

Edited by - Akasha on May 11 2009 8:12:33 PM

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  9:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe avoid SbP altogether.

even if it was just for a minute or 2., before hand

& that's with about 3.5 wks of DM. now, so this is what they mean. i think i've had this once before. i maybe reivisited just DM, and maybe alittle asana, & daily grounding

curiouss....
it's not overwhleming it's just kind of odd... and curious
i did'nt get this with just asana 3 years back-now that i find curious and somewhat odd also....in fact quite the opposite once i had reached savasana.

i rarely practice asana these days btw as it has not always been agreeable,fruitful

feel free to comment...

Edited by - Akasha on May 11 2009 9:13:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  02:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha.

quote:
I feel like i'm on a stimulant, tonight.perhaps it's just a phase,side-effect or my imagination. maybe do some grounding tommorrow.

I think you are doing too much practice and you should reduce.The most important thing is smooth progress over long term.If you dont do this,you can get overloaded in a few days,weeeks...your simphtoms of being on a stimulant are simphtoms of too much practice.After the stimulant feelings,there can be the opposite feeling in a few hours.And this is not the idea in ayp.
"Less is more".

...and grounding is always a good idea when you feel a bit overloaded...

Good luck

Edited by - miguel on May 12 2009 02:07:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Miguel.

That is very kind of you to respond. I appreciate that.

It was kind of odd, as i've hardly done much SbP lately, a minute perhaps; and i had done more when i started this business, as this practice was the easier to do out of the 2( i had used it in sexual tantra for a short while years ago combined with an asana practice), and i reduced first time my eenrgies felt going up.

.yeah it just seemed like scenery. and not entirely what i was looking for. but maybe i've been unconsciously doing it.

i must say, these practices put a different spin on things. the effects are rather different than just lying in savasana. i used to love that. like i blissed out but in a pretty calm way.

stimulant bliss,unless it can be relased(and i think that is what i amm needing to be able to do) is okay if it can be relased. the energetic body is like moving outwards and trying to relase after a little stimulation.

grounding yeah- it does do some slightly strange things to your head this stuff,miguel.

Once again, i do appreciate the feedback

when the surf is out, i'll pull out an appropriate board.

so stopping all pracitces,engagaing in physical etc,aka "grounding" -sound like the 'general' prescription for overload,overdooing or somewhat odd or peculiar sypmtoms( such as feeling like one has imbibed some stimulant drug). perhaps then one can overdo yes DM, then.i think that might have been the case then as i've been mostly doing it once a day. but when i've added 2 then i'm maybe needing to ground ground more then

by the way - i did'nt get the opposite feelings( like for example a crash, like drugs,cocaine for ex.)-still a mild bliss though after sleeping on it.no crash yet, as such.

i think if i am alittle overly concerned,then stop practices altoegether , gd'ing and then resuming DM when i feel "normal".

i'm still unsure how much good asana will do for me now, at this stage but it is a work in progress, and i feel i have a different, & bigger yoga perspective on things/life right now.

peculiar but v. worthy of continued exploration.thx brother.

Edited by - Akasha on May 12 2009 07:51:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  08:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha,
Welcome to the forums.

Can you list the practices you are doing and the practice times. Also, how long have you been meditating etc. Not just AYP.. I know you said 3.5 weeks of DM, but overall how many years of other practices have you been doing?

Also, feeling of being on a stimulant, does it make you uncomfortable? Is it affecting your sleep? When do you do your second practice? Close to bed time?

PS: Really sorry if you have already talked about all of this and I have missed it.

Edited by - Shanti on May 12 2009 08:53:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ahkasha.
DM is the main practice and most important.If you practice pranayama,then always practice dm after.

http://www.aypsite.org/43.html

Like shanti says,if you can manage that scenary feelings ,maybe its not necessary to self pace.You only know.
When you have overloads,its not necessary to stop the practices,only reduce the time...if you are too much overloaded...maybe stopping the practice some days is necesary.
Begin with dm(no more than 20 mtes twice a day),after you can add some pranayama...
Asanas helps balancing energies in your nervous sistem,but remember,you can get more overloads with them also if you have bad feelings.
AYP practices are more powerfull that it seems to be.
In main lessons all this questions are very well explained,its a great help.
Whit all my respects...the best drug is in you (im sure you know this due to your past yoga practices).,but its necessary daily practice over the long term.
good journey

Edited by - miguel on May 12 2009 10:04:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha,

Great name by the way.

Both ecstasy and bliss can make you feel intoxicated in different ways when they begin rising in the body. It is not necessarily a problem. Many teachers have talked about how they feel drunk on divine love... that is where it is heading. It can take a while, so enjoy the unfolding, and then enjoy the fruits.

This is what tantra is really all about... the sunlit path.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  9:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,
Thanks for the Warm welcome from ALL. I do feel like family now.And am privileged to have the support available here from you wise souls.

I'm getting good effects from using AYP. i can relate to the 'kid in the sweety shop' metaphor yogani referred to.

and i think would regularly overload with asana in the past, but this DM i am very happy with.

i had a wee think though over some of the premises after reading miguel and my response-

-DM cultivates inner silence
-SbP is like it's girlfriend it hangs out with. they 'thrive' toegther

now i was thinking therfore dm balances out the excess enrgies created by sbP. one doesnt get energy overload with DM; yes,silent witness, which is still and unaffected, but not energy overload.
this is what i've been concluding.

i think a small dose of DM maybe what the doctor is ordering.---try 5 or even 10 mins.

dear Shanti- my meditation islimited in term of technique and experience. my usual point fo focus is as always been the breath . this was why i found DM a little odd at first. it did'nt come naturally as when i tried to feel the vibration i was articulating my vocal chords slightly in an attmept to silently intone andfd feel the mantra. as a result my breath became restrained and affected ,and could'nt let go of breath. now the mantra is more refined and more fuzzy. i am now more intrigued how ir t owrks and the whole subject of silent mantra yoga. but one step at a time.

i think it is maybe prudent to then ditch the bad habit i have started with of employing the SbP for a few mins at the start, before DM. i don't watch the clock just do what feels like a measured conservative dose- could be say 12-15 and upto 20 mins.no more than 3o mins. could just take a wee peek out of curioisty

the over loads is probably when i've done dm twice a day with very minor sbP beforehand.( i'll dsithc that bad habit so i can observe effects with dm strictly- speaking alone)

once a day has usually been plenty. and i've found the karma yoga and self-inquiry helpful and the bigger picture.

christi- yes tantra is always apath that that seems to celebrate life,rather than deny it. i just like some of the mmind states you get & do like that microcosm/macrocosm philosophy. and the way they celebrate the body as temple.

i have had opening on a number of levels since joining here,m,p & s,

i want to really return more to that silent witness than overload and get too drunk on all that bliss energy. as i was lying in the park today, and i still felt up and bilssful. also felt openings in my shoulders and arms etc , & a bitmore care-free,foot-loose etc

slightly bacchalanian .

so i'm think if i just do the DM and the karma and self-inquiry, i should be alright. i can introduce pranayama when i feel less overloaded.

will report back if i am like..unclear on anything.looking for clarification again. reducing the amount of time spent in p's sounds sage. less is more

thanks once again.

Edited by - Akasha on May 12 2009 10:43:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  02:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha,

quote:
now i was thinking therfore dm balances out the excess enrgies created by sbP. one doesnt get energy overload with DM; yes,silent witness, which is still and unaffected, but not energy overload.
this is what i've been concluding.

This is not correct.You can get overload with ANY practice you do if you are doing if you are doing too much. dm is very powerfull practice and you can get energy oveloads also.
And related to balancing energies,spinal breathing balances energies better than dm.dm brings inner silence,and its the most important practice of all.All the other practices need that inner silence that dm brings .
Dont do more than 20 mtes of dm per session.its enough...is important to control the time you really need to do.
Im glad you are having good openings,enjoy it

good luck.

Edited by - miguel on May 13 2009 03:00:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i feel the silent witness has gone, past few days, and i'm just in the energy bubble, like i had when just doing asana about a year ago . i like the silent witness( state)- but without it, the energy bubble is not really what i'm looking for. a little of the latter is alright.

quote:
dm is very powerfull practice and you can get energy oveloads also.

thx---i need to get that.

quote:

And related to balancing energies,spinal breathing balances energies better than dm

it sounds like it could raise your energies also. but balance yeah is gd, desirable. so maybe best to introduce that one in another month , and hjust get into the habit of just doing DM. maybe a little nadhi shodhana (with natural kuMbhaka) might not hurt on accassion- to re-balance left/right, nadi & pingala.

it looks like a little experiementation. but i'm gonna stick to the letter.. i find asana is much improved on the 1 or 2 times i tried that.

i reaaly want the silent witness though... than the bundle of energy. we'll see.

thx Miguel, for taking your time to share. what you've said is v helpful. looks a bit like trial and error here though. nothing to be alarmed about .

Edited by - Akasha on May 13 2009 10:44:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  11:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to be honest just feeling more spaced past 2 days than anything else

i know activity following dm is suggested as i have felt somewhat energised but my mind felt clearer and less erratic,more purposeful and directed.

i bear in mind that dm canmake you more overloaded. i felt blissful in the park yesterday,almost drunk feeling but the mind just feels like it has gone back to it's usual spaaaced-out neptune location.

a symptom of release?- now, that is a nice thought.

Edited by - Akasha on May 13 2009 11:51:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  11:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i like the silent witness( state)-

Yes we all are working hard for it...with time it will become permanent 24 hours/7 days ...!...its the "promise" of yogani lessons and other advanced aypers here that "talk" about it trought their experince.And i believe it.For the moment we have those gaps of the witness in our lifes

quote:
it sounds like it could raise your energies also

Yes,it raises and balances,both things.

quote:
i really want the silent witness though... than the bundle of energy. we'll see.

me too,and im sure all of the ayp people also...its the "goal" we are "looking for",doesnt it?

Be stable for a reasonable time with dm.You need to fing your own self-pace.twice a day.Be constant.Then you can add dome pranayama,or increase the dm time...youll see...

Be carefull with other practices...altought nadhi sodhana helps with imbalances in ida pingala,dm does also,and i a very powerfull way.

quote:
looks a bit like trial and error here though

Oh,its a constant thing here...and thats the way i learn...

Welcome home akasha!

Edited by - miguel on May 13 2009 12:07:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just gonna take it easy....

I'm a cookie monster
A greedy one. Tooo much of a good thing.

explore ,without expectation or result....
i do feel more relaxed..

thx miguel
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  8:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Akasha,
Welcome to the forums.

thanks very much for the warm welcome

quote:
Can you list the practices you are doing and the practice times.

I'm going to do just DM once a day.

quote:
Also, how long have you been meditating etc. Not just AYP.. I know you said 3.5 weeks of DM, but overall how many years of other practices have you been doing?

Done yoga 3.5 years, Up and then down.
quote:
Also, feeling of being on a stimulant, does it make you uncomfortable? Is it affecting your sleep? When do you do your second practice? Close to bed time?

I feel i have more insight now into energy overload and how to offset it, how to recognise it's subtleties etc. i know how good it can get- i've just been too greedy,too groping.

quote:
PS: Really sorry if you have already talked about all of this and I have missed it.

No...----it's a great honour and a privilege to be here and have access to such lovely helpful truly understanding people and great resources. i am so lucky. Finding this place is like coming home. Having a place one can turn to for advice, or comaraderie, is extremely motivating and re-assuring. If one has felt a bit lost , then this is much less so. And AYP has greatly expanded my yoga journey so far. thank --youu

There are few places that actually have a system for applying,integrating and living all 8 limbs of yoga, with guidance.. short of booking the next flight to rishikesh or an ashram in southern india..

nice to mmeet you.my pleasure

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on May 13 2009 8:27:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  8:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Akasha,

Great name by the way.

Both ecstasy and bliss can make you feel intoxicated in different ways when they begin rising in the body. It is not necessarily a problem. Many teachers have talked about how they feel drunk on divine love... that is where it is heading. It can take a while, so enjoy the unfolding, and then enjoy the fruits.

This is what tantra is really all about... the sunlit path.

Christi

Hi Christi,

i have learnt to take my time. easier with ayp as everthing is illuminated.and there are other s here to guide you. so you are not alone. that i like.

i have warmed to the tantra path,i'll have to admit.it is entirely free and open and celebratory. evrything is divine and ritual. i love it.it's what resonated the most& made the most sense,so much, when i began this journey. i'll just take my time, though in a typically tantra-way.

nice to meet you.

Edited by - Akasha on May 13 2009 9:35:04 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000