AYP Helpers
 AYP Artwork
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  4:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

Thought you might find this interesting -- promotional artwork used for ads in Canada:

http://www.aypsite.org/images/AYP-Canada-image.pdf
(click left to view, or click right to download)

Pretty modern, and much more attention-grabbing than the utilitarian AYP books flyer.
http://www.aypsite.org/11-AYP-Flyer-5-2-06.pdf

Feel free to use either of these. There is some more promotional artwork (business cards and animated banner) at the bottom of the AYP books page.

Thoughts? Does anyone else have AYP artwork? If so, please point us to it. I believe there is more of it out there.

Anyone wanting to put together new AYP artwork let me know. We can make it available here also.

The guru is in you.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  10:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any pictures of yourself with a cape in a flying position? ha ha just kidding.

The artwork is cool. Where does it come from? A member in Canada made it, or ???
Where is it used; in a magazine in Canada eh?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  3:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Do you have any pictures of yourself with a cape in a flying position? ha ha just kidding.

The artwork is cool. Where does it come from? A member in Canada made it, or ???
Where is it used; in a magazine in Canada eh?

Hi Ether:

No cape here , but I did add the "Flying Yogini" AYP Poster to the free download promotional materials on the bottom of the books page.

The artwork was done by someone in BC, Canada who is running print ads for AYP there, which is much appreciated. It looks like the same artwork may be used throughout India to help promote the new AYP India Editions there.

It never ceases to amaze how yoga begins in India, comes over here, and then goes back to India, flying yogini and all. Full circle...

Hey, whatever works to open the inner doorways worldwide to the divine flow.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  5:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's no way to tell what effect it is having is there?
It would be nice if there was maybe a question on the registration form.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love the Canadian artwork. I'll be printing these flyers and leaving them at several places, especially at local universities.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it too. I also like the new layout for the site - looks great, Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  1:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, All.

Yes, please feel free to print and send our yogini flying everywhere.

Glad you like the new forum layout, Meg. The addition of the book cover border in the forums has been a long time coming. I did not want to do it until we could be sending folks to a much more interesting and informative books page, which we now have, and we will continue to build on it. Plus, I wanted to be sure we would not be crowding the forums space-wise on the page with a border. With most computers shifting to widescreen, the space situation is much better, so I feel okay adding the border now. And it is not too bad on my old 600x800 screen either. A couple of the smudged images will be cleaned up soon, and then I think we will have it in shape.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  2:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who's the babe?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Would anyone be interested in handing out the AYP
"flying yogini"
at this yoga conference coming up in July:

Yogacharya Festival (honoring BKS Iyengar)
Santa Clara, California (near San Francisco)
July 9-15, 2007

Attendance is expected to be over 1,500. It is a great opportunity to introduce many hatha yoga practitioners to AYP.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  4:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Just got the word that the AYP books will be displayed in the bookstore booth at the Yogacharya Festival.

The festival bookstore is being hosted by East West Bookstore of Mountainview, CA. Thank you, East West!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  3:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Just a note to let you know that the AYP Books Flyer has been updated to have more information, and is now on one PDF page instead of four pages, so it is much easier to view, print and download: http://www.aypsite.com/11-AYP-Flyer-5-2-06.pdf
How is that for efficiency?

A link for it can also be found near the bottom of the AYP Books Page, along with links for other promotional materials.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: I am going to remove the ivory background shortly, so it can be printed more easily on white or colored paper.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  11:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Nice new Canadian poster. She looks like she is levitating, or is that just some clever Photoshop thing?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Yogani,

Nice new Canadian poster. She looks like she is levitating, or is that just some clever Photoshop thing?

Christi

Hi Christi:

I did not do the flying AYP yogini image. It came from someone who ran some ads with it in B.C., Canada. It is actually a couple of years old. It is a nice image, so it was added with the others at the bottom of the books page. If anyone out there has other AYP artwork that has been developed, let me know.

Btw, the new one page AYP books flyer now has a white background, so it can be easily printed on light colored paper. I usually use ivory (like the webpage background here), but everyone is encouraged to be creative and pass them out everywhere.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  7:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think she's great, the Flying Yogini. AYP all the way. Definitely, a self directed practicioner.
Guy
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  2:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

No cape here , but I did add the "Flying Yogini" AYP Poster to the free download promotional materials on the bottom of the books page.

It never ceases to amaze how yoga begins in India, comes over here, and then goes back to India, flying yogini and all. Full circle...

Hey, whatever works to open the inner doorways worldwide to the divine flow.

In Norway we have a meditation organisation called Acem. It is basicly a totaly secularised version of TM that was created because they didn`t like all the religious overtones and having Maharishi as a guru. This organisation has also started to teach in India and a friend of mine learnt their meditation from an indian in India:)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  10:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, started in 1966.
They have a website:
http://www.acem.com/

This is really close to AYP. It's funny they say "developed by scholars and medical doctors", but then they say it is basically using a non-spoken mantra.
I think it is a good thing because it would attract people with a scientific mind who are turned off to religion.
it is the same as yogani's deep meditation, but without prescribing a mantra. The founder describes it here:

http://www.acem.com/england/Independent.pdf

The disadvantage is they say you can't learn from the internet, CD, or book, only by personal instruction.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  11:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, quite like AYP's meditation and TM it seems.

They say: "Acem Meditation is easy to learn, and involves the repetition of a simple sound."

I wonder which sound...

AYP still goes further. We have powerful practices here on the stillness and energy aspects, well directed, well explained, and safely exposed. And then we have support in the forums and from yogani. What more could we ask for? Thank you Yogani for starting this.

And I realise we drifted out of the subject here... Maybe this last three posts should be in another thread about Acem? Just a thought...

Be well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000