AYP Helpers
 AYP Practice Videos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  8:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator Note: This topic has been split from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1154
The Secrets of Wilder movie and AYP Practice Videos are now two separate discussions.
--------------------

I would do it differently and film how to videos on your books. You have a million repeat questions when it would be easier for people to purchase a video/dvd and see a person perform asana, proper mantra vocalization, fernum snipping, or the millions of other concerns/questions that cannot be explained in your books or online - such as, 'What is the proper way to vocalize the 'I AM' Mantra?', 'How do I perform kechari mudra?', et al. And the great thing is that you already wrote the books, so it wouldn't be hard to put it into script format, esp with the software available, such as the most popular movie magic and final draft.

Maybe you could super impose (SUPER) or do a voice over (VO) at the beginning of your videos: 'Yogani chooses to remain anonymous so individuals learn to listen to their self within, or their own inner guru, as he affectionately calls it, and favors self instruction over teacher reliance by retraining the body/mind with ancient techniques proven to...' or whatever.

I think it would be good if you did an interview style format, and then went into the practice, ie (script style for you, yogani, LOL: :

NARRATOR/OR INTERVIEWER

Yogani, what is the purpose of the 'I AM' Mantra compared to other mantras?

YOGANI

The purpose of the I AM mantra is linear, meaning that yada yada...

NARRATOR
What is the correct way to vocalize the mantra?

In lotus pose, a PRACTIONER sits on a blanket at the -

EXT. BEACH - DAY

Foamy waves gently lap a smooth shoreline...

YOGANI, VO
Their is no right or wrong way to vocalize the mantra, but it's important to keep the attention focused on...

The practioner's hands gently rest within her lap, as the sun shines on her serene face. With eyes closed, a soft wind blows through her 'pony tailed' hair...

PRACTIONER
I AM, I AM, I AM...

YOGANI, VO
...without forcing... notice how the mantra is vocalized effortlessly...

NARRATOR, VO
Is it necessary to be in lotus pose? To be choose a quiet location, such as the beach?

PRACTIONER
(faded into the background)
I AM, I AM, I AM...

YOGANI, VO
No, it's not necessary to perform asana for this particular exercise... It is beneficial to choose a quiet time of the day, whether at home, the office, park, beach...

And then move back to the narrator and discuss experiences and what can be expected, non-attachment to these experiences, et al...

Anyway, I think it's a better idea until you got a large enough audience base so that The Secrets of Wilder would stand a better chance of getting attention.

Anyway, good luck with it, regardless of what you choose to do:

VIL

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL, and thanks for chiming in.

The subject of AYP Practice Videos has come up from time to time, and so far I have not been able to do much about it for a variety of reasons.

However, maybe we are coming into a time when AYP practice videos are becoming more viable. At this stage, we do have the beginnings of video production and distribution capability (including DVD), thanks to the extensive Enlightenment Series AudioBook work that has occurred to date. There are over 30 hours of AYP AudioBook material out there now, so I think we have the I AM mantra covered, along with many other things that can be conveyed in audio.

I agree that video would be a big boost for conveying the many physical practices included in AYP.

As you may know, the the ideas that get implemented in AYP are the ones that attract doers besides me. There is only so much one person can do, but many hands make light work.

I am willing to screen any video on AYP practices that anyone is interested in sending to me. If someone or several someones come forward with promising rough video, then we can begin to consider next steps for scripting, voice-overs by me, production, distribution and the rest.

This is a call for auditions!

Is anyone interested in stepping up?

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil and Yogani:
I really like the idea of trying to shoot some video on AYP practices to try and attract more people. I'm not exactly sure how I could be of help, but I am willing to discuss the possibility of forming a small group to explore our options.
Guy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000