Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Searching Smoothness in Arousal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2014 :  11:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A few times a week I substitute in of my meditation sits for an arousal practice. I would appreciate any insight on my intention to seek smoothness within the arousal.

The general practice is to stoke arousal via asanas and mindful attention. Five minutes into the practice and kundalini is aroused and vibrant; surrendering intensifies the state further. I've described it in a prior post as being in the vortex of a tornado. I come to Mountain Pose and ask if smoothness can be found here. Sure enough, the energy complies. I remain in Mountain another ten minutes or so surfing the vibration, amping it up and smoothing it out, eventually resting to 'normalize' and get on with living.

Overload has not yet manifested and I'm vigilant in that regard. I guess my intention is to condition my body to high energy surges. It's as much a surrender practice as an energetic one. I'm amazed and grateful to even have the ability to do this, a few months now. My Ego wants to call it a Super Power and I laugh and surrender that too!

I'm curious about any impressions of this practice from all you devoted souls here . We should be a playful child with this energy, right? Or am I tempting fate by hitting the wasp nest with a stick?

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 20 2014 2:03:37 PM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  11:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy
my intention is to condition my body to high energy surges.

It seems to me that can be considered an objective of all yoga - amplify our energies by tiny increments each day and integrate the newly gained surplus at every step.

I remember reading a previous post you wrote and I understand you have good reason to celebrate. You overcame a big challenge.

I guess Yogani would point out this is an extra practice and you need to consider it under the self-pacing headline. It sounds like you are already doing this. You seem to be doing great.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  3:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your thoughtful post

On a separate forum search I came upon Prana Vidya (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=4120#4120) and promises to be a good place for me to investigate (happenstance?). to any yogis who can speak of this practice.

It's challenges that shape us and our fate. Arousal practices were required of me four years ago; now that the Inner Winds are churning, this feels like the next logical path forward. Guru compels me so.

Bless you Blue for answering my howl
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link. I had a quick look into Prana Vidya - the forum link and other internet pages - wondering if there is anything Prana Vidya can achieve that AYP doesn't. I couldn't really find an answer to that question.
What is it about this method that caught your attention ?

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 25 2014 12:10:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  3:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually haven't looked into it fully yet as I am just home from vacation. Will repost if there is 'something there'. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000