Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 How Do Christians Deal With Kundalini Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  12:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

We will now consider one of the most helpful scriptures in the entire bible as being beneficial in enabling spiritual grounding and strengthening in a kundalini crisis.

The 23rd Psalm (KJV)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil. My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Through faith in the Lord, all our spiritual needs are met. We are kept safe from deception both internally and externally. Jesus is the One who alone made a stand against the adversary, and the fallen angels, in order to protect us, his younger brethren from spiritual harm. Jesus restored the Covenant between God and His people. Which had been broken by the deceitful serpent in the Garden of Eden. By trusting in the Lord Jesus, we are enabled to remain free from the snares of the counterfeit divine. In order to remain close to Him, our faith must be strong. This psalm helps tremendously in the building up of our faith. As well as the spiritual grounding of our k awakening.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul.

Lying down on the natural earth is literally the most obvious and effective from of grounding in a k crisis. Imo water works even better to mitigate and manage the fire and heat often generated in a k awakening. Being led beside the still waters means that our inner turmoil is quieted and cooled off. The stillness of the water helps to soothe our discomfort on all levels. We are enabled to become peaceful and serene - even while experiencing immense discomfort. When the psalm says - He restoreth my soul, it means our authenticity is protected and we are kept safe and well on all levels of our being i.e., we are shielded from the adversary. And we are told how to relieve our discomfort by attuning/ abiding with the stillness and silence within each one of us.

He leadeth us in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

It has been discussed at length how powerful the name of Jesus is. Theoretically, if one is liable to think that demons exist, they will either bow or retreat when The Name is invoked. It's sort of like an antidote for the tricks that the adversary uses to destroy our faith. God is pure righteousness and through being personally tutored by the Holy Spirit in a k awakening, we are instructed in the ways of righteousness. Which are sacred and holy. This psalm makes it obvious to me that David knew all about k awakening. It was Righteousness that reversed the will of the serpent and restored God's covenant with us.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for THOU ART WITH ME. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The divine remains with us in times of crisis, distress and discomfort. Please remember that, it is vitally important. In the beginning of a k awakening, we may not trust the divine awakening within us. However once the energy is moving, the divine remains. It is not very likely that we will be able to coax kundalini back to sleep once the energy has awakened. We are dealing with the dynamic energy release which results when the divine awakens within us. For Christians the Godhead Trinity is relevant, and in this psalm we are told that the Lord Jesus remains with us in times of distress and crisis. The Father and the Holy Spirit also remain with us during these times. We are disciplined and corrected, as well as supported and encouraged. This is so that we may become free of illusion and false conditioning i.e., our spiritual chains fall away.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil. My cup runneth over.

I'm going to pass on giving a detailed interpretation of this scripture except to say that in the bible, OIL is a TYPE of the Holy Spirit. The OIL on our head, PLACED THERE BY THE DIVINE and flowing over - means that our mind becomes the Mind of Christ i.e., spiritual enlightenment, Christ Consciousness. From there one can go further and interpret the passage to mean a great deal more.. but that is a personal and sacred journey for each one experiencing k awakening.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the lord forever.

This is a benediction and sealing of the psalm, as well as a promise. The promise is that we belong with the divine, in the arms of the divine, and in the house of the divine i.e., we are safe and secure. It is through our FAITH that this promise is guaranteed.

It is hoped that Christian readers of the thread will find The 23rd Psalm a practical aid for sorting and grounding their kundalini awakening.. and for putting the whole experience in perspective.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  2:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Just how significant is SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT? Do only some of us get that all important gift from the divine?

.... Well here we are on Earth where the rubber meets the road, experiencing what might be referred to - from the evolutionary and spiritual vantage point - as a rather significant transition. Just how much do we want to survive this transition spiritually intact? ..... by INTACT meaning to remain in possession of our souls. Or that which characterizes each of us as unique and individual facets of the divine manifestation..

How are we supposed to recognize DECEPTION?

According to the Bible, or the way it is normally interpreted, spiritual discernment is a special kind of gift which only some of us receive from Spirit. I don't believe that at all. Rather I feel that virtually every genuine seeker possesses the gift/ ability/ aptitude of spiritual discernment.. albeit it is more highly developed and refined in some and less so in others. It seems to me that most people have this ability, to a certain extent, regardless of their religious/ spiritual inclination and affiliation. Or lack thereof.

However it is vitally important, at this extraordinary time in Earth's history, to develop and refine whatever spiritual discernment we do have.

Think about it for a minute. What if we can't tell the difference between truth and falsehood, between right and wrong? How are we supposed to navigate our way through the vicissitudes of life (especially at this critical time) without a compass and map? Discernment IS our compass and map. God would not have left us bereft of these all essential navigational tools. Would He?

Ah.. consider this. Who or what benefits from having us believe that only some receive the ability of spiritual discernment? That such discernment is not a common and widespread ability available to most of us? Wouldn't such a belief significantly disempower us - if we bought into it? Wouldn't it serve to annihilate our self confidence and increase our confusion?

Fortunately for those with an awakened kundalini, this isn't a concern. When the opportunity is provided to learn how to dance with the Holy Spirit, it leaves no room for doubt. We perceive that which the Holy Spirit perceives. And the Holy Spirit misses nothing... especially not something as vitally necessary as perceiving/ discerning between the authentic divine and the counterfeit divine.

~ to be continued ~

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  4:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati,

Could you quote where the bible says that spiritual discernment is a gift that only some of us receive?

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  5:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff

1 Corinthians 12:1-10

Thanks for the question/comment. Could you please state more explicitly what you mean, as it isn't clear what your point is. From my experience of several years in various Christian denominations, the usual interpretation is that spiritual discernment is one of the gifts, as is prophecy and speaking in tongues. Obviously we don't all speak in tongues or have aptitude for prophecy.

I've also come across several Christians lamenting the fact that they don't have the gift of discernment, whereas I felt that they did, that almost everyone has this ability to some extent. And that ability can be skillfully developed through faith. One of the reasons I've found it difficult to affiliate myself with Christianity is this tendency to embrace disempowerment as a substitute for true selflessness. Has your experience been otherwise? Wishing you a Happy New Year also.

love
parvati

edit/ typo

Edited by - parvati9 on Dec 30 2013 5:29:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  7:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati,

I guess I had just been confused with your term of spiritual discernment and the meaning that you had meant in your post. The gift/skill of the Holy Spirit that you have quoted in found in verse 10 and is a very rare and "high level" manifestation of the Spirit.

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (1 Corinthians 12:10 KJV)

The "discerning of spirits" is the gift of knowing when a spiritual being is a true agent of God (e.g. Angel or saint and not a negative being). With it often comes the ability of connecting with such higher beings.

But as the gospel goes on to say, we all have different gifts...

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:11, 12 KJV)

Also, as we have discussed in the past, I would agree that the message of Jesus is often lost in many of the institutionalized forms of Christianity.

Love,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  8:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ it's only my opinion ~

continued from above..

Here's the problem as I see it. Many people are disenfranchising themselves b/c they've forgotten how to listen to their hearts. And since they don't listen to their hearts, they've lost their direction and their purpose. We must follow our hearts. For if we don't, we lose our way and become vulnerable to spiritual predators - wolves in sheeps clothing. Jesus called these spiritual imposters posing as genuine teachers and leaders - vipers or snakes. Jesus called their bluff and exposed them for what they were and are. He said they serve what I've termed "the counterfeit divine", the demons. The Pharisees haven't gone anywhere, they're still with us. Still leading the people astray.

When we've forgotten how to follow our hearts, we actually have no way of connecting with Jesus. Our passion is in our hearts. Jesus is in our hearts. Jesus is our passion. But...if we mentally disconnect from our hearts, how are we to have a genuine walk with the Lord? Spiritual treachery is alive and well in the 21st century. Most Christians know that. What they may not know is how they've become accustomed to habitually disenfranchising themselves. Through listening to false teachers and/or failing to honor their heart's longing and its counsel.

Jesus is the Truth. And the truth is not some theological discussion. God lives in our hearts and advises us from there. No one has the authority to over-ride the Jesus that dwells in our hearts. No one.

My experience is of course not everyone's. However, of the 8 or 10 different denominations I've tried and the 3 or 4 with whom I've done serious Bible study....all without exception have told me that I must not listen to my heart, that my heart is the source of deception and delusion. Rather I must listen to what they tell me because I have to be trained in order to know what the truth is. One denomination told me I was unteachable. Imagine that. Unteachable.

To me, this is bogus. And those who experience k awakening will learn to separate the truth from the false soon enough. Because the Holy Spirit won't tolerate us embracing spiritual garbage spewed from the likes of the Pharisees. It's a cakewalk for the Holy Spirit to cut through the lies. But it's not easy on us to purify from the delusion. Not easy at all. And the more we fight it, the worse we make it for ourselves.

Most of those willing to discuss their k awakening will admit that it was quite uncomfortable, or worse, at the start. But it gets better. Then it gets even better. And then it gets so good, you can hardly believe how you've progressed. Through purification.

Our suffering is transformed into pure delight. Well not all the time, but quite a bit of the time. Truly we are brought out of the darkness and into the light. But it takes time. Lots of time usually. And we have to be patient with the process as it unfolds within us.

The Holy Spirit teaches us all things. No exceptions. We are taught to be resourceful, independent, wise, compassionate and to respect the divine at all times and in all ways. That includes the divine within. For if we don't, our purification turns into a riptide. Those who have found their way to this thread, I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to explore these forums. Because you will find ample testimony addressing the nature of this purification. No, it isn't easy. Yes, it takes time. But as you gradually make the necessary adjustments, your life will become amazing, even miraculous.

The Holy Spirit will show you how to be still, to experience the inner silence, and the peace that passes understanding will reveal itself to you. For most of us, we have to make those adjustments a little at a time. Then maybe take a rest before we engage a little more. Patience is necessary. And we have to relearn all over again how to properly love ourselves, the divine way.

love
parvati

edit/typos

Edited by - parvati9 on Dec 30 2013 8:13:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  12:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi Parvati,

I guess I had just been confused with your term of spiritual discernment and the meaning that you had meant in your post. The gift/skill of the Holy Spirit that you have quoted in found in verse 10 and is a very rare and "high level" manifestation of the Spirit.

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (1 Corinthians 12:10 KJV)

The "discerning of spirits" is the gift of knowing when a spiritual being is a true agent of God (e.g. Angel or saint and not a negative being). With it often comes the ability of connecting with such higher beings.

But as the gospel goes on to say, we all have different gifts...

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:11, 12 KJV)

Also, as we have discussed in the past, I would agree that the message of Jesus is often lost in many of the institutionalized forms of Christianity.

Love,
Jeff

This is why I sometimes don't know how to reply Jeff. Whereas before you seemed to be challenging my representation of the status quo.. Going by the above, you now appear to be in total agreement with the status quo. So it's not easy to figure out where you're coming from.

Well no, the Bible doesn't precisely say "we all have different gifts", as you've assumed. That's how it has usually been interpreted, according to the status quo. However, we probably do have different combinations of these gifts. I especially do not buy into the disempowering belief that spiritual discernment is "a very rare and 'high level' manifestation of the Spirit", as you claim. And I don't find that the Bible clearly states this either. It may have been interpreted that way because it disempowers us, making us dependent on the oh-so-wise pastors and elders of the church to discern for us. And they get it wrong a lot, even though they want us following their example of refusing to listen to their own hearts, and thus the divine within.

It's an extremely serious point of contention.

Nine gifts are mentioned. We may not all be prophets or wise or knowledgeable. Nor are we all healers or performers of miracles. Not all possess extraordinary faith, speak or interpret tongues. But most of us can tell the difference between God and a demon IF we listen to our hearts. A huge IF. Enormous IF. And who benefits from us NOT listening to our own hearts? As has already been shown in this thread, the Bible itself tells us that God's truth and laws are written in our hearts. Imho it is only the Pharisees, and those like them, who benefit from us NOT listening to our hearts.

So once again, dear Jeff, it appears we must agree to disagree. But as I still don't know what you're on about, it's rather difficult to be specific regarding that disagreement. Do you really support the status quo on this and did you read my last post?

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

You are the only one who can determine what spirital gifts you have.

It is realized that this subject of spiritual discernment can be controversial, perhaps upsetting. The reason this particular issue has been brought into the discussion is because of the anticipated likelihood of its arising relative to a k awakening. No one (other than you) can really know for sure what your spiritual gifts are. A friend or acquaintance can say they think you have a certain spiritual gift and not another, but how would they know? They may not even know what their own gifts are, let alone yours.

From my perspective, it is obvious that the person best suited to properly evaluate what their spiritual gifts are, is the person themselves. Not some friend or family member. Isn't this something between you and the divine anyway? It doesn't seem to concern anyone else.

Nevertheless, well intentioned people may provide unsolicited advice such as: You really have no ability for spiritual discernment. So who is to decide on the matter - you, them or God? Perhaps you can talk it over with Jesus and get a better idea of just what your spiritual capabilities are. I would put more faith in the answer to your prayers, than in unsolicited advice, no matter how well meaning it is.

I believe spiritual discernment is part of a complementary trio of capabilities. The other two are common sense and integrity. If you have a high degree of those other qualities, chances are you also have a high degree of spiritual discernment. And even if you are lacking in all three qualities, they can be developed with a little perseverance and commitment.

The purpose and use of every spiritual gift is to glorify the Lord. To become the hands and feet of Jesus, to become an expression of His love out into the world. If you pray for a spiritual gift so that you can use it to help others, chances are the divine will show you how to develop and refine it. But don't be too quick to believe that you lack a gift just because it is considered to be rare and available only to a few. I find no evidence in the Bible for this contention, and frankly it makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Keeping in continual prayer contact with the Lord is the very best way to reinforce your faith. Whatever your spiritual gifts are, and how you decide to use them in service to the Lord, is between you and Him. It really is nobody's business but your own.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 06 2014 1:35:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  7:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati,

I definitely don't think that I am a status quo Christian. And I was not attempting to support any institutionalized position that limits anyone's potential.

If you are wondering what my personal perspective is... It is that we are all "children of God" and have the same potential as Jesus to realize "oneness" with God. We have the potential to be "co-creators" with God. The only limits that we have to things like the abilities you describe (and way more) are the one's that things like issues and fears that obscure us from realizing the truth.

Specifically regarding the gift of "discerning a spirit", we may disagree as to what the gift is and what the term means. While I agree that the truth is found in the "inner heart", such clarity as realizing that level is very rare. As long as one "operates" at the level of mind/3rd eye, one can be misled by various beings.

As Buddha was known to have said... "If you see me on the road, kill me." He said this because seeing and hearing is of the mind, not of the inner heart.

Happy New Year and best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  12:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year everyone

The Importance of Holy Communion for Christians

At this point Christian readers are invited to go deeply within to their core strength. You will probably find it in the depths of your heart. It is suggested that you remain in this place long enough to discover exactly what it is, so that you will always remember where it comes from. If you have gone to the correct place, you will intuitively know that all of your life and strength derives from the Lord. And the Love which resides deep in your hearts is not separate or different from the Lord Jesus.

That longing you feel for the Lord is the same as His longing for you. The Lord was very clear in His instruction as He requested us to remember Him through partaking of the sacrament. Every time you participate in Holy Communion that bond between you and God is sanctified and energized. He wants us to do it, and it is absolutely necessary, because it causes our faith to thrive and our love to prosper. That is why He requested that we remember Him in this powerful way.

It is my opinion but I think you will discover it to be the truth for you too. The 23rd Psalm is so comforting because it clearly directs those who love the Lord to this sacred place within, the place where you are powerfully infused with HIS STRENGTH AND LONGING FOR YOU. It is the place within where you become intimate with the Lord, the place where you enter into prayer contact with Him. Please remain in this place long enough to never again doubt that the Lord indwells you and that His guidance (and spiritual discernment) is always available should it be required. For me His guidance is always required.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 01 2014 2:42:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  1:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the thread topic Cosmic Kundalini Crisis and Presence, at the bottom of page one, ten suggestions are provided for dealing with a k crisis. They are briefly as follows:

1. Learn to trust the process
2. Spend more time in natural environments
3. Cultivate patience
4. Experiment with practices and grounding techniques
5. Make lifestyle adjustments as needed
6. Cultivate detachment
7. Cultivate a positive and realistic attitude
8. See your experience as an evolutionary opportunity
9. Adapt, improvise, overcome
10. Understand the role of bhakti in k awakening

Refer to the other thread if a more detailed explanation is desired.

May we all be enfolded in love

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 06 2014 1:37:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ from research and my opinion ~

We will now look at the BOOK OF ROMANS, 8th chapter. Romans 8 is sometimes thought of as the new law of the Holy Spirit and deals with the ministry of the Holy Spirit. As such it may be relevant to k awakening from the Biblical perspective.

Romans 8:9-14 and 8:28-29 NIV

9 You however are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore brothers and sisters, we have an obligation - but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.

13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters

The Holy Spirit purifies, guides, corrects and empowers us in righteousness.

"..even though your body is subject to death...the Spirit gives life because of righteousness..... For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live".

The Holy Spirit purifies for the sake of righteousness. PUTTING TO DEATH THE MISDEEDS OF THE BODY means PURIFICATION AND THE REMOVAL OF BLOCKAGES. That is - blockages to the free flow of righteousness. We are also guided and corrected, via the Holy Spirit, for the same purpose of righteousness. If there is illness and blockage in the body, the end of which would be death, the Holy Spirit is empowered to transform our physical vehicle so that the end result is life and not death. This scripture implies comprehensive energetic healing on all levels.

Notice the statement, or implied truth, that purification is a result of Christ being in you (8:10).

Romans 8:28 is one of the most well known and beloved passages in the Bible. It states "...in all things God works for the good of those who love him...". What about those who profess to love him but, in fact, do not? What about them? Is it significant that the Book of Romans is not concerned with them? This is a book about how the Holy Spirit teaches, purifies and empowers us in righteousness. It is therefore undoubtedly only concerned with those who have a genuine and solid connection with the indwelling Christ. All that we might otherwise perceive as suffering, is the divine endeavoring to empower, purify, guide, and bring us up to a certain standard in terms of righteousness.

Romans 8:29 states that we are "to be conformed to the image of his Son...the firstborn". The means by which we are purified and brought into conformity with Jesus - is through an intensification (or awakening) of the Holy Spirit within us. This (k) awakening is an empowerment of the Holy Spirit for the sake of conforming us to the image of righteousness, that is, to Jesus the firstborn.

(Note: I am of the opinion that k awakening is experienced by those with a genuine longing for the truth of the divine. Non-Christians also experience k awakening. However this thread is specifically devoted to the k awakening of Christians. Therefore we've been taking a look at some of the scriptures that possibly give valid information regarding k awakening for Christians.)

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

Ramahlbuddha

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  04:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Parvati9, ,
Thank you for your thoughts on the Word, the Spirit, the Cross and the Name. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I have just recovered from a couple of months of Kundalini overload and hadn't been reading too much in the hope of reducing it.
With regard to the 'Red Book' I would agree with you. I don't look at it as something to help me through my personal K experience other than to see that Jung had his own experiences, that he survived and came out the other side and that those experiences meant something uniquely to him which he then transformed into some great insights into psychoanalysis that can help us all. I believe all dreams should be interpreted by the dreamer as only the dreamer understands the symbolism of the content. Some experienced dreamers can offer help with interpretation but it is intimately up to the dreamer. I have always been someone who has dreamed and undertaken interpretation of my dreams. Part of my K experience has been a huge escalation in dreaming so for me he stands as a role model of someone who took this seriously and then used the insights as a basis for his later works.

Thanks
Ramahlbuddha
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  12:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear you've recovered from overload Ramahlbuddha and it only took a couple months (?) Felt like I was overloading for the better part of three years.. then for a few weeks last spring as well, while assimilating and integrating critical past life dramas. But in hindsight it is realized that my whole being - body and soul - was incrementally aligning with a greater level of energy, purification, opening and restructuring. Ordinarily this adjustment takes place gradually and in small increments over time, but not necessarily.

I've found that there are certain physical body insights (or internal 'exercises') that allow one to practice aligning and moving with the energy.. which tends to facilitate the flow, strengthen the physiological regulation, and help in stretching with the process. That strengthening and stretching provides a physio-spiritual foundation, an anchor of sorts to physically and spiritually ground the energetic awakening. Which in turn speeds up the periods of discomfort making the whole experience more smooth flowing and effortless. Kind of like a rocket launch, in slow motion, if that makes any sense.

An internal kundalini martial art?
It is one of my heart longings to connect with others experiencing k awakening and determine if this adaptation technique can be developed into something like a kundalini tai chi. For me, while this is obviously extremely similar to yoga (or specific types of yoga), it isn't the same. What I envision is more of an internal martial art.. especially designed to facilitate k awakening. What is the difference between yoga and martial arts? Perhaps that's a good question to ask ourselves.

I'm really good at anything involving movement, but if you want me to sit in one place for more than a few minutes, it doesn't come naturally (with the notable exception of research which I love and which can keep me online for several hours at a time). My personal proclivity for movement has been helpful in aligning and flowing with the energetic awakening b/c the challenge of moving with a heightened energy is often enjoyable.. of mentally and emotionally adjusting with it. Developing that kind of flexibility seems to come naturally to me. Thus, I've found the fascinating study of internal martial arts to be a much needed stabilizing influence on my life in general; physical tai chi practice has also proved beneficial. And I've drawn heavily on that knowledge and experience in order to become more resourceful during the difficult periods of k awakening.

Attitude
A neutral or positive attitude is essential to k process facilitation. And that means developing discrimination in regards to exposing ourselves to uplifting influences and positive feedback from others. For me there was a strong inclination to sail through this experience joyfully and to seek out those resources and influences that helped me to do so. In my case I tend to be oversensitive to everything and I usually know exactly what I want and where I'm going. So when unhelpful or negative stuff comes my way, I've learned to effectively dodge it and move on.

Entraining
Entraining the divine energy flow is somewhat like a physio-spiritual isometric exercise which makes us more resilient, flexible and flowing with the energy. It's almost like an internal massage, or perhaps an internal martial art. And while I've never given birth, it is imagined to be somewhat like a pregnant woman in labor bearing down and moving with the contractions (as opposed to fighting them) so as to assist in bringing forth a new life. This particular analogy is definitely apropos.

Regarding dreams Ramahlbuddha, my opinion is that sometimes they matter and sometimes they don't. It's good to pay attention when they do. However I've come to the conclusion that we dream all the time, even when we appear to be awake. And when we start paying attention to our daydreams or the symbolic representation of our experience, then we have some real nitty-gritty to work with on our spiritual path.

There seems to be an undercurrent of peace - or detachment - in your commentary and the sharing of your viewpoint is much appreciated. This long reply is for all of the readers but the inspiration for it derived primarily from your post. Thank you.

love
parvati

(edited for typo correction and clarification)

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 25 2014 3:04:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  11:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully we will return, at least briefly, to the subtopic of internal martial arts as it appears to be supremely relevant to k awakening in general. But first we'll take an inexperienced look at the subject of meditation and it's relationship (or lack of relationship) to k awakening. Meditation is associated, perhaps integrally associated, with internal martial arts.

ponderings. to meditate or not. my personal incapacitation.
As Christians, we need to be absolutely, unconditionally, completely aware of and open to - God's love for us. In spite of our perceived unworthiness or personal deficiencies. How do we do that? For many people, meditation has become the preferred means of connecting with the divine. For many Christians, however, the mere thought of meditation is distasteful. For many of us, meditation is anathema. In my case this has not been from within a Christian environment. It's actually more related to a personal disfunction, which will be shared although there is some shame associated with it.

The reason it is being shared is that some of us have allowed our disfunctions to distort, interfere with, and essentially block - God's love for us. And we have suffered in the process. Perhaps it can be shown how to cut through all that nonsense. We need to bask in God's love for us: To allow it to make us strong, happy and healthy. Nothing should stand in the way of being open to His Love, especially not our so-called disfunctions. In my coming out of the closet, it is hoped that the sharing will somehow comfort and support others with perceived deficiencies.. which may have been allowed to become obstructions in the full experience and certainty of God's love for them.

As the result of a global epidemic of sorts, it has become slightly more socially acceptable. But most people recoil in horror when acquainted with the fact that I am autistic. I have asperger's syndrome, which is a form of autism (albeit high functioning autism). It has been the source of a significant amount of shame and ostracism in my life. There's been bullying, ridicule, and rejection b/c of it. And so therefore it has become a dreaded secret, rarely shared with others. Due to the way they react. As a dreaded secret harbored within, it tends to fester and cause even greater misery. It is being shared as a means of purifying and resolving that shame. There is a struggle with victim consciousness and this aspect of my personal psychology is an essential feature of that challenge.

People with asperger's can be brilliant but their social skills are almost nonexistent. Among ourselves, we like to think of it as being differently wired neuorologically. As such we see ourselves being neurologically deviant, or different from the normal neurotypical person. It tends to make us moderately idiot-savant. Think Rainman but not as extreme. While it isn't pragmatic to convey much more than that superficial explanation, it should nevertheless be kept in mind during the process of describing my results with meditation. As even tiny successes with meditation are huge for me.

Some of you who've read my other postings, may be aware that a couple months ago the ten week course of Michael Brown's Presence Process was completed. Because there was more or less infatuation with the book, and the idea, a valiant effort was made to do something that has never been possible: Attempts were made to overcome a lifelong aversion to sitting meditation. When it comes to sitting meditation there appears to be almost total incapacitation here. Well a decision had to be made: to meditate or not to meditate. Was it really impossible for me? Or could my limitations be overcome? Perhaps an attempt at innovation could be made?

Twice weekly sitting meditation (forty minutes per session) was possible for the duration of the course and once monthly sits after the course. However the primary meditation success, briefly recorded in the following post, is not with sitting meditation.

There's been reluctance in reporting my tiny meditation successes b/c of the possibility of them being perceived as bizarre and disfunctional. Whatever the consequences, now appears to be an appropriate time to share them.

love
parvati

edit/ primarily content reduction

Edited by - parvati9 on Feb 01 2014 11:59:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  3:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

To anyone who may have appreciated the previous post - sorry but it had to be deleted

Summarized concise version:

Meditation Report

type: breath meditation
routine: approx 1 hr 45 min most mornings before rising
practice duration: 6 months
comment: very happy w/results so far

(deleted content may have been interesting to some readers however it was irrelevant to thread topic)

love
parvati

edit/ radical content reduction
note - original 13 paragraphs was over the top; above revision is perhaps overly concise.. however it is an improvement.. learning to reign in my verbosity

(truth? I chickened out)

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 28 2014 1:19:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  10:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Being open
We are at liberty to fight or fear our k awakening. But if, instead, we choose to accept it - that means being open to it. For 3 years I experienced overload or something on the verge of it. I thought I was open to the experience. I thought I was open to God's love for me. Well, I wasn't.. not totally. And that's why it hurt so much. K awakening requires us to eventually open to the divine. Completely. On every level. Nothing held back. Until that happens, one way or the other, we will experience discomfort. When k awakens, the divine insists on flowing through us. The divine insists on blasting through every barrier that is consciously or unconsciously erected to block Its free flow in us.

Breath meditation has taught me something valuable, although it isn't easy to put into words. Something like surrender, allowing, release, listening, being receptive and open. To what? If I told you it was being open to God, you might not believe me. But that's what it feels like. And I can tell it's not what I was doing before. The only conclusion I can come to is that I wasn't open before, even though I thought I was. I collapse in a puddle of tears now just at the thought that the divine wants to use me for Its purposes. I understand a little what that means now. I've prayed and prayed for God to use me as His instrument, but yet I wasn't open to what I was praying for.

For one thing, I wasn't open to my shame. And that shame became a wall between me and the divine. That's not all either. Lots and lots of other things that were blocking and pushing away God's love for me. But I didn't realize it. Not until I began to meditate on my breath. In a k awakening, the divine purifies us. Shame, guilt, resentment and other useless emotions have to be purged, along with the blockages they've created in our bodies. They have to be purified because they are found unacceptable to the divine. But until we stop denying that they are alive in us, they can't be purified. Because our denial constitutes fighting or clinging - either of which serve to prevent the required purification. Once the energy is moving in us, we really have no choice but to surrender to the divine creating balance and order in our lives. Balance and order which was severely lacking prior to the energetic awakening. The divine constructs a clear pathway for Its energy flow in us.

However I have studied internal martial arts. But without much understanding of the subject. The following is from the book Cheng Hsin: The Principles of Effortless Power, by Peter Ralston, beginning chapter 4. He's written a couple other books (maybe more), one of them on consciousness. This one is a textbook on internal martial arts.

...on the nature of energy...creating an opening to use intrinsic strength...

...we have confused energy use with its binding control or containment. It is like opening valves that exist along a water line; if the valves are closed, the water does not flow. The more open they are, the more flow we achieve, and each valve gets larger and releases more water the further down we go. We have confused the use of the water (energy) with the contraction of the valves. Thus, we use the "pipe" to attempt function, rather than the "water". The nature of energy is that it wants to flow, so when we close the valves to its flow, we get pressure or tension. This produces the "sensation" of strength, which is how we have learned to "use" energy...

It's not an easy book to understand and from the online reviews, one could ascertain that a sizeable percentage of readers find fault with the author's explanations. However, in my case, it deeply affected me through what I'd call osmosis. Just reading it, with only partial understanding, was extraordinarily beneficial. The material was absorbed.

Because the sacred energy was intensifying and accumulating in my root and sacral chakras, causing discomfort, I imagined moving and massaging it upward. Which helped to a certain extent. But what I wasn't doing was opening to the flow. Had I done that, there would have been no need to guide the energy upward. It would have flowed upward by virtue of the fact that the valve was now open. My intent was helping, but the tension and constriction which accompanied it was not. Therefore my efforts were only partially successful and proceeded at an agonizingly slow pace.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  12:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

Christians confronted with the necessity of dealing with kundalini awakening may wisely consider all helpful modalities - especially those orginating from within the eastern traditions. Imho, Christianity is all about loving Christ and everything else is fluff (pales in significance). It's a sacred heart-to-heart connection and without cultivating authenticity in one's walk with the Lord, one's walk goes nowhere.

Without authenticity, it's all show and no substance. If we are genuine and sincere, we will walk our talk. And doing that isn't necessarily conforming to a rigid set of standards, which tend to disparage the spiritual integrity of those adhering to a different belief system and alternate spiritual path. Rather it's about developing and refining our own integrity within the context of passion and longing for Christ. Perhaps trial and error is needed; we should consider using whatever tools/ methods work effectively in easing discomfort and facilitating comprehension of the k process.

After studying internal martial arts and practicing Tai Chi for years, it was realized that aptitude for these disciplines came from an internal awareness. And that awareness has thrived within the context of a personal fascination with internal martial arts. Innovation began to flow in attunement with the general principles, however the Teacher was found to be inside as well as outside. There is an ongoing referencing of knowingness found within, a kind of creative resourcefulness. A wellspring of internal wisdom.

Intent and creative resolve gradually adapts through pragmatic investigation. From this point of view, there's never been a total reliance on external teachings. New techniques are personally outfitted and designed for responding to the stresses inherent in k awakening. The study of internal martial arts helps in creatively responding and shaping forces that dominate the energetic awakening. In other words - dancing with the energy. Tai Chi is a solo dance. So is k awakening.

Spontaneous k awakening can come on suddenly and with such great force, that it almost immediately takes over and reprioritizes our previously comfortable existence. Breakthroughs are welcome and required. K awakening is a movement of internal energy. To learn to adapt to the intensification - and gradual refinement - of that energy ... is to learn the steps of a new dance.

As far as I know, martial arts originated in the east. There are internal styles and external styles. Tai Chi is an internal style. To study internal martial arts is to study the mastery of one's internal energy system.

Peter Ralston has emphasized four cornerstone principles in the mastery of one's internal energy system. We will briefly look at two of them: grounded openness and authenticity.

According to Ralston, "...the issue of balancing groundedness with openness comes up in every form and dimension of our living and our pursuits..." We strive to keep these two fundamental principles in balance.

Direct and authentic experience is required for the mastery of one's internal energy system. Ralston says, "Consistent with our commitment to become directly conscious of whatever is true, we do our best to have the most authentic and genuine experience that we can for ourselves - as opposed to merely believing something or having an idea that it 'may' or even 'must' be some way."

Refer to his website for more information:

www.chenghsin.com/orientatio...inciples.html

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

Baptism

A possible definition of baptism: Religious or consecrated blessing, and spiritual cleansing, generally by means of assisted immersion. That is a personal definition. Dictionary and online definitions haven't been consulted to verify accuracy. Amongst Christians there seems to be some controversy regarding baptism by fire. Not much is known about this controversy except that there is far from universal agreement regarding baptism by fire or baptism by the Holy Spirit. It is being mentioned due to it's likelihood of arising relative to k awakening, although there probably won't be much of a debate on this thread. We'll look at bible references from the standpoint of the synoptic gospels, which seem to corroborate each other. Speaker is John the Baptist and he is referring to Jesus in these scriptures:

Matthew 3:11 KJV
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentence: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Luke 3:16 KJV
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water: but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

Mark 1:8 KJV
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

While Mark doesn't specifically mention baptism by fire, due to the similarity of the three synoptic gospel verses, we can infer he is referencing the identical statement by John the Baptist that is referenced in both Matthew and Luke.

For me personally there is no doubt whatsoever that these verses are referring to k awakening, especially those in Matthew and Luke. Mark is not clear b/c the fire reference is omitted. However there is a rather strong probability that John the Baptist equated intensified movement by the Holy Spirit with baptism by fire. And according to him, baptism by the Holy Spirit, and by fire, is administered through divine agency, i.e. through Christ.

Blessing or Curse?
In my opinion, a baptism is a blessing as well as a cleansing. Similarly, k awakening is a blessing as well as a cleansing. It's a fiery blessing to be sure. Exactly as confirmed in both Matthew and Luke. And it cleanses the blessing's recipient of impurities. Fire has been used for at least tens of thousands of years in a purificatory manner i.e. it sterilizes. Fire has also been worshipped and considered sacred across a great diversity of spiritual traditions. It has been specifically worshipped as a teacher, a very powerful, divine and holy teacher, or spirit. We have looked at scriptures previously in this thread that declare the Holy Spirit to be a Teacher. A teacher who endorses, reiterates and confirms everything Jesus has told us. Essentially a very powerful manifestation of the divine - in us.

But if you choose to view your blessing as a curse then you are perfectly at liberty to do so. While not at all advisable, it is entirely up to you. As far as I know, there are some Christians who may view the above scriptures in terms of punishment for sin. And according to that view, a fiery punishment is reserved for the judgment of those following paths of iniquity, of unrighteousness, and of the counterfeit divine.

In my view, the tendency to sin is equated with the tendency to permit barriers between us and the divine; the tendency to indulge a notion of separation from the divine. That is a very generalized statement. What is imperative within the framework of such a view, is the state or condition of one's heart. What is our intention? Is it to glorify and serve God or is it to glorify and serve the counterfeit divine? Where is the focus of our attention directed? Is the heart relatively pure or is it contaminated? And what exactly constitutes contamination?

If kundalini has awakened in you, I don't think you should accept the idea that your heart is contaminated. Quite the opposite in fact. But that is something that each individual experiencing the energetic awakening will be determining for themselves. It is hoped the above scriptures will assist in that determination.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Two Matthews

Matt Maher lyrics from "Lord, I Need you"

Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

(This song is so beautiful, every time I hear it, it melts my heart in love for the Lord)

Matthew West lyrics from "Do Something"

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now
Thought, how'd we ever get so far down
How's it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven
I thought, "God, why don't You do something?"

Well, I just couldn't bear the thought of
People living in poverty
Children sold into slavery
The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, "God, why don't You do something?"

He said, "I did, I created you"

(So many of us have this reaction to all the world's misery - God why don't You do something about it. You know God, if you wanted to, you could put a stop to it. My opinion on this is k awakening is God's answer. And also, it's why God created us. Because we care. And because we do have the power of righteousness. That power is Christ. He's the One who guides our hearts)

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  2:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Food for Thought/ The Book of Ephesians
~ my opinion ~

Recently there have been challenges in my life with no easy solution. Yesterday, when something of a miracle occurred and a breakthrough was made, right afterward those two songs came on the radio. A solution to my problem, and a message to go along with it

Many lifeforms on earth are struggling to survive; humans are not exempt. We humans, unfortunately, are usually more the problem than the solution .. but that is because we're taking our cues from bad examples and poor leadership. It often looks like there is a deliberate effort to pollute and poison our beautiful planet. Either that, or gross negligence combined with complete disrespect and downright contempt for the planet we call home. Contempt for life in general, as well as intentional poverty for at least half the world.

I've always wondered about something ...

When 1/3 of the angels rebelled against God - why did He banish them from heaven only to send them to earth? The answer that I've known (and been unwilling to accept) is a difficult one. The answer is that God thinks those of us who still love Him can set an example that the fallen angels will not be able to resist... and so they will (eventually) follow our lead.

How are we doing with that? Are they following our lead or are we just getting plowed under? What's wrong with this picture?

If Ephesians 6:12 is correct and we aren't battling against flesh and blood i.e., lifeforms ... then what are we battling against? Technology? Programmed AI, artificial intelligence? Some kind of renegade software program, like the Borg in Star Trek? And how advanced is that intelligence? Demons? Isn't it possible that the term demon is code for something else? Many religions have a belief in demons. Where does that come from?

I subscribe to a common sense philosophy that finds it hard to believe in demons, but definitely believes in advanced technology ... and can conceive of that kind of sophisticated power being grossly mismanaged. And likewise being utilized by highly advanced/ evolved beings .. yet not exactly living ones, at least not the way we know life.

Ephesians goes on to say that this is a force of evil and that it consists of principalities, consortiums of organized negative power, at very high levels ... So what, then, is an appropriate, wise and efficient response to this consortium?

Well, it is to make the best of our kundalini awakening. To direct the powerful love in our hearts outward in such a way that it not only assists in healing and rectifying everything around us... but also sets an effective example for others to follow. As Jesus has set the example for us.

And there's one more strategy we can employ: We can put on the armor of God. Those visualized armaments empower us to engage in a reverence for life. To love, honor, respect and protect those we love and the world that nourishes us. In short to preserve what we value, what matters, what we care about.

Next we will look at the biblical injunction to invoke spiritual protection in the book of Ephesians. Is the spiritual armor we are advised to employ - miraculously effective against powers of which we can scarcely conceive?

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  1:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

De-cloaking the Illusion/ Unmasking the Counterfeit Divine

To facilitate comprehension of how precisely the Armor of God effectively neutralizes the adversary, we should perhaps take a closer look - even if only in speculation - at its probable identity and the tactical schemes it employs. Its probable identity is that of a mechanized death force. And it is beyond conjecture, at this point, that its tactical strategies revolve around the use of fear, deception and ridicule. One of its weaknesses is that it appears to enjoy pomp and display.. and while it is careful to conceal the true nature of its agenda - as well as the force which empowers it - there appears to be a love of flaunting their domination in our faces. Which is to our advantage. Because in doing so, the adversary reveals the cards it is holding so close.

Our Lord has stated: I am the way, the truth and the life. That last word - life - has been bolded for emphasis. Antichrist forces are anti-life forces. Because they are probably AI, artificial intelligence, they have different needs from ours. Their consortiums and principalities disregard life and its requirements because they are of no concern for the propagation of their constituents and their agenda. To achieve full realization of this important possibility - that their consortiums' needs simply differ from ours - is to take this whole issue out of fear mode and into understanding mode. Which is very much to our benefit, and definitely not to theirs.

It is an understatement to say that detachment is immensely helpful here. The concept of demons is not helpful as it tends to engender fear of fantasy monsters. We are probably not at all dealing with fantasy monsters. But what we are dealing with is no less dangerous. By acquainting ourselves with what the adversary - in all likelihood - actually is, we are better equipped to consolidate our position and thus avoid irrational fears. The term demon, in all likelihood, is a cover story. A fictional term (from my perspective), purposely employed and designed to generate fear, confusion and compliance. Fear, deception and confusion are major strategies employed by the adversary in order to coerce compliance. And also to destabilize and keep us off balance.

However God has a plan. God always has a plan. The first consideration of God's plan is to stabilize us in His righteousness and restore our balance and common sense perspective. The way He does that is to suggest visualizations that resonate with the vibratory frequency of His divine will. Which is, of course, pro-life. And as pro-life, it thwarts the adversary's agenda.

When we are in resonance with God's will for us, we are immune to all the ploys, schemes, deceptions and attacks delivered by the adversary. We are effectively moving our consciousness out of the pits of despair which is virtually an imaginary miasma, and extricating ourselves from entrapment. This entrapment/ enslavement apparently has both an imaginary and a real component. However, the imaginary component appears to be absolutely essential in securing compliance with the real component. The imaginary component sets us up for - and delivers us to - the fall. First and foremost, God's plan intercepts the adversary's strategy at the level of the imaginary component (irrational fear). Thus eliminating voluntary compliance with an insidious anti-life agenda.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  6:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ephesians 6:12-18 KJV
(note: underline, bold, and numbers were added to text for easy reference)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having (1)your loins girt about with truth, and having on (2)the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And (3)your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, (4)taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And (5)the helmet of salvation, and (6)the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18 (7)Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and (8)watching thereunto (9)with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

Armor of God
1 Loins (hips) wrapped in truth
2 Wearing the breastplate of righteousness (over the heart)
3 Feet wearing like shoes (preparation of) the gospel of peace
4 Holding the shield of faith*
5 Wearing the helmet of salvation
6 Holding the sword of the Spirit

7 Praying always in the Spirit
8 Stay aware and observant (watching)
9 Persevere

~ my opinion ~

Numbers 7-9 are not technically armaments but very good advice nonetheless. These verses are instructing us in the art of preserving that which is valuable and loved by us, and doing it in a way that is spiritually safe and effective. The scriptures tell us how to be in the world but not of it.

In our confrontation with the adversary, we need to keep in mind that we're all in this together. When we go along with the 'rulers of the darkness of this world' and passively comply with their dark (anti-life) agenda, we are essentially supporting it, even if we feel forced into doing so. And therefore, we are sharing in the responsibility of perpetuating the awful poverty and enslavement that many people on earth must endure. We should strive to stay aware and remember the trials and tribulations of our fellow humans and other lifeforms - as opposed to being in denial or refusing to think about it.

Eph 6:18 says we should persevere and not give up, especially in regards to praying for the saints (presumably genuine Christians). Remaining continually in prayer, or always thinking of God, is the best way of staying close to and connected with Him. Also praying in the Spirit means calling upon the Holy Spirit to intercede in regards to our prayer requests.

Obviously moving in the truth is vitally important and it is the first armament mentioned.. we will come back to that. There are two places on the body with their attendant armors that have been emphasized. The word stand is repeatedly used in these verses. Placement of the feet is extremely important, along with maintaining the strength to stay erect, as opposed to taking a position of bowing or obeisance (as a slave would do).

Either we serve God or we serve the adversary. The scripture is telling us not to serve false gods - even if we would excuse such an act with the rationalization of being forced into compliance. If we feel that we must comply, then the scriptures state that we should remain aware of that fact ... as opposed to not realizing what we are doing. The other part being emphasized, and given the greatest significance of all, is the shield of faith. No matter what else we do, we must hold fast to the faith (shield) and keep our feet firmly planted on the ground. We will perhaps return to the subject of faith later as it is supremely important. Although I believe its relevance to a successful k awakening has already been discussed in this thread.

Feet anchor the body. The scripture is telling us we need to stay anchored in the gospel of peace. That may mean the teachings, lessons and statements of our lord as recorded in the four gospels. Or it could refer to the New Testament in general. It's unclear what the word preparation means in Eph 6:15 ... unless the gospels need to be the foundation or preparation for everything we do, and everywhere we go (where our feet take us). It could be that shoes (and the gospel of peace on our feet) relate to the meaning of life. Where our feet lead us - is what matters to us ... and in that view symbolically shoes, and the gospel, offer protection for the personal meaning we ascribe to life.

The bible encourages us to consider the meaning that life has for those people who are subjugated in poverty, distress and slavery. As Jesus has shown us utmost compassion, we should also show our brothers and sisters in slavery the utmost compassion. And thus do whatever we can to ease their pain, including constant prayer that they be given relief.

The breastplate of righteousness. This armament is referring to the state of our hearts - in partnership with God. When we resonate with God's righteousness, we are attuned to His divine will.

The helmet of salvation refers to Christ Consciousness. It isn't just the belief that Jesus has rescued or delivered us from sin.. It is having this mind in you which is in Christ Jesus, as Paul admonished. It is to be led by the Lord in all we do, think, feel, and believe. In effect, to allow the divine to take control of our lives. (Not the counterfeit divine)

And now the sword. All the other armaments are defense oriented. Only the sword is offense oriented. And what constitutes the sword is the word of God, say the scriptures. The Word generally is assumed to be the scriptures themselves. But my interpretation of this passage is that the Word is every single lesson and word the Holy Spirit uses to direct us in the way of Divine Truth and Righteousness.

So basically the sword, for me, is service to the Holy Spirit ... allowing the Holy Spirit to show us what to do and how to do it. That's what happens to everyone experiencing k awakening ie., they are conscripted into service to the Holy Spirit. Remember to keep your shield up, but advancing on the adversary in a timely fashion with a sharp sword is quite effective in keeping the dark forces at bay. The adversary doesn't particularly relish the idea of confronting well-armed opponents, particularly those skillful in using their weapons. Having a sharp sword of the Spirit and not being afraid to use it - also indicates we are wide awake and not mesmerized by the adversary's schemes and traps.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. To gird our loins with the truth, is to only walk in the Spirit. Those undergoing k awakening can't do anything else. We can try to fight it, but (as has been stated previously) most of those who've successfully handled a k awakening will testify that it does no good to fight or fear the experience. We've been given the very high honor of being personally trained by the divine.

It is hoped that the readers find this discussion to be helpful.

love
parvati

edit/ minor revision

Edited by - parvati9 on Mar 14 2014 8:03:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  10:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

God's Plan/ Leveling the Playing Field

Clearly visualizing and employing the Armor of God neutralizes the adversary's grip of control, by effectively placing guards at all the gates .. entry points wherein the negative principalities may attempt to manipulate human consciousness. The act of visualizing with comprehension the above quoted scriptures in Ephesians - very skillfully facilitates a necessary method of spiritual discipline. By which we become capable of remaining alert and vigilant. This maintaining of our consciousness in sharp awareness protects the integrity of our health, vitality and spiritual focus.

With our defenses alerted and securely positioned, it is more difficult for the adversary to exert a controlling influence over us, without our realizing it. And when we further place ourselves at the unimpeded disposal of the Holy Spirit, it then becomes almost impossible for the adversary to sway us in overt or subliminal fashion. What this means, then, is that we remain in complete possession of our faculties and souls ... free from undue influence and manipulation by the adversary. That is God's plan and it's a good one.

From my experience and perspective, the adversary has three main tactical schemes in its bag of tricks: fear, deception and ridicule. If we'd prefer not to fall for those tricks, it may be best to tackle them in order ... First fear is de-fanged and dismantled, then deceit deconstructed, and finally ridicule is swept aside as a tactic of desperation. It is suggested that generally the effective resistance is accomplished in that sequential order.

There is a shift in consciousness that gradually takes place in one of two ways: In k awakening it is automatically accomplished through entraining with the Holy Spirit. But it can also be achieved as an act of spiritual will, when our individual will is aligned in accordance with Divine Will. In my opinion, this is exactly what happens when we 'put on the Armor of God'.

Moving in the Spirit, praying in the Spirit and wielding the Sword of the Spirit - is code for k awakening. But it is also an accurate description of the upper tiers of God's formula for rendering the adversary impotent and ineffective. When we are in harmony with God's Armor and plan, our consciousness is shifted to a higher level. At that level, we are synchronized with the Holy Spirit. The power of the Holy Spirit is almost indescribable. However those who've successfully weathered a k awakening will sometimes claim that it is the most formidable force in the universe. Nice to have that power on our side then.

love
parvati

edited for clarity

Edited by - parvati9 on Mar 15 2014 10:10:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  12:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Emergency Phase of K Awakening

Trying to find an accurate or semi-accurate metaphor for the revved up phase of k experience ...

The telephone booth on a Doctor Who episode. Have any of you seen Dr. Who? The telephone booth is really his spaceship. Once inside, it expands and turns into a very cool vehicle for space/ time exploration. Now in this metaphor, the chauffeur is all important. Much more important than the starship technology. Or rather, the chauffeur IS the vehicle of conveyance. So they merge and become one (in this metaphor).

Dr. Who, of course, is the Holy Spirit in the metaphor. And Dr. Who teaches us, very astutely, to sail through the depths of despair with grace, dexterity and detachment.

This takes some time to accomplish. It's definitely an evolutionary quantum leap. Our Teacher/ Chauffeur/ Starship Captain is amazing and loves us. It would appear that most people, having experienced k awakening, would agree that the necessary adjustment can be a rude awakening at first. But then it does get easier with time. It is realized these things have been said over and over in different ways or the same ways. Repetition may help to clarify the experience, and serve to reduce, or eliminate, the overwhelm that is common with spontaneous k awakening.

The H.S. simplifies everything complex. All (or at least most of) the confusion clears up, gets sorted and organized. As issues are resolved, the seemingly random details of our lives fall into place. We gradually become confident and relaxed. Over time, this calm assuredness stabilizes. Knowing we can, in one way or another, pretty much deal with whatever happens to come along and bump into us. And we do it with grace and power and perhaps even a little dignity. By moving in and through us, we are empowered by the H.S. to protect what matters. We are taught to both conserve and respect energy - in all its various forms.

Instead of dissipating our energy in useless meaningless mental and emotional drama, we eventually develop the capacity to easily process just about anything that comes our way. Doesn't matter what it is, we know we can deal with it. Usually the awakening consists of a gradual process of healing, refinement, opening and blockage removal. Sometimes this is frightening and/or felt to be painful. But it doesn't last. Please try to remember that. We learn to adjust, and to ride the energy the way a surfer rides a wave.

We are not only shown (eventually) how to manage emotional upheaval with the utmost grace and skill. We are shown how it is possible to use nearly everything as a power source. Including and especially what was previously the depths of our personal agony. Disclaimer, we must also learn to respect the energy of other beings as inviolable and off-limits. Unless it is artificial intelligence (or demons if you prefer) out to destroy us and the planet we love.

(At this point, for what it's worth, I would like to briefly take a stand on a relatively significant issue: it's not my perspective that the adversary's main agenda is to rob us of our souls. Rather, that is sort of a bonus for them, primarily being requisite due to the fact that we are fond of our home planet and, at times, effectively resist its degradation. I think they regard any dealings with us as unpleasant and a waste of their time. They are highly intelligent forms of manifestation - here for what it profits them in terms of resources. They want to steal and extract our beautiful planet's extremely valuable resources for the gain it will accrue to them in the process. They have little regard, if any, for the diversity of life here on earth.

These rulers of the darkness of this world, as the Bible calls them, apparently regard humans as defective and the upgrade they seek to impose upon us, from their AI point of view, is a tremendous improvement (turn us into cyborg/ android). What they apparently value, more than anything, is advanced tech ... If they can trade our planet's resources for advanced tech, to them, existence doesn't get much better than that. They seem to be rather lacking, and inexperienced, in ethical concerns. Nor do they have any regard for the 'Prime Directive', if there is one.)

Through training by the H.S., our lives may appear to become almost effortless. But in actuality, the substance of our lives hasn't become any easier. What has changed is us. We've gone through an incredible transformation. We've grown accustomed to a highly refined energy in a relatively enormous amount - flowing through us on a daily basis. In cooperation with the H.S., we directly implement Divine Will ... with little or no concern for our personal safety and welfare. Which is automatically safeguarded anyway. Our capacity to flow with the Divine Will is accelerated beyond our comprehension. We are enabled to be in near perfect attunement with Divine love, power, peace, wisdom and compassion ...i.e., we can skillfully navigate our starship.

love
parvati

edited for clarity

Edited by - parvati9 on Mar 22 2014 8:40:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000