Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 How Do Christians Deal With Kundalini Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  11:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Whippoorwill

You asked about my personal energy now, which has been discussed at length in other threads; take a look at them if you like. Brief summary, it's all good. Don't know exactly what you mean by fireworks.... just the highs, both highs and lows, or ?

As in the previous quote, I've found inspiration in the lows as well as the highs. Happiness and unhappiness have blurred into one. Whatever is happening, there's no more second guessing it, rather a complete and abiding trust in the process. It often feels as though love is overflowing out of the heart chakra. If I were a pomegranate, this fruit is bursting and beautiful ruby pomegranate seeds are springing forth from my heart. I love the process and what it has made of my life. Every day gratitude accelerates and love for the divine expands.

While equanimity is craved, the highs and lows returned a while ago, following several months of relatively smooth sailing. In consistently employing a balanced perspective, acceptance, and abidance in consciousness which is peaceful yet alert, tranquility resumes. However it is understood that spiritual bypass isn't helpful on my path. The period of premature settling in, or smooth sailing, was characterized by a reduction in spiritual growth, and probably less purification as well. Periods of growth and rest are both necessary and appreciated. Moving meditation, like tai chi, is helpful but requires self pacing. In general, there is oversensitivity to spiritual practices.

I want to be open and responsive to this energy. What is sometimes referred to as settling in of the energy, in my experience, may have been a case of spiritual bypass. All the best,

love
parvati

edited for clarity

Edited by - parvati9 on Aug 31 2013 2:39:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  6:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini awakening is a psychological process as well as a spiritual one.

Michael Washburn is a professor of philosophy at Indiana University. During my research, I've come across several people highly recommending his book as being helpful in coming to terms with their energetic awakening. There is also an interview. This appears to be a wonderful find. Washburn has written at least two books, but the one most often cited as helpful for k awakening is: Michael Washburn, The Ego and the Dynamic Ground. He has been referred to as a therapist and knowledgeable in Transpersonal Psychology. However his domain of specialty appears to be philosophy. If warranted there may be more information on Washburn, his books and interviews.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

kembolini

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  2:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As a Christian I will answer in the same way as I did this weekend in answer to how I reconcile being a yoga teacher and a Christian... With Love.
"Kundalini awakening is a psychological process as well as a spiritual one." Precisely and without love it is, imo, an unfulfilling and I would suggest a pointless experience.

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  2:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE

Previously stated earlier in the thread:

It is being assumed until ascertained otherwise, that kundalini awakening is primarily classified in two ways by the conventional church authorities: Either 1)it is considered in the realm of Christian mysticism or 2)it is dealt with under the term New Age.

It is somewhat gratifying to provide positive update to that assessment. My belief remains that k awakening does not presently have sanction and support from the status quo in general, nor from the ostensible authorities in the largest religions globally, including Christianity. From my perspective, a position of denial and/or dismissal, with regard to these awakenings, is not only avoiding the inevitable, but in the interim is unhelpful and unsupportive. That said, it isn't necessarily constructive to be judgmental about the situation either i.e., it is what it is... Unless that judgment facilitates much needed discussion and compassionate response.

I would like to report what appears to be an enormously positive trend. While it has been proceeding very slowly, it now appears to be picking up speed. It is reassuring to note that, as energetic awakenings are increasing, so is the positive response to those awakenings. At first, the positive response was too subtle to be noticed, possibly due to under-reportage. With intent focused on digging beneath the surface in terms of online research, it has been discovered that there is indeed a very positive and helpful response being nurtured as a consequence of the emergent need of those undergoing k awakening.

It now appears that an overall shift, a realistic and pragmatic approach to k awakening, is gaining traction. Due to the sheer number of these awakenings, gradually the general public is being brought up to speed and becoming familiarized with the facts regarding energetic awakening. It seems that various professionals involved in dealing with the energetic awakening of their clients, are sharing accurate information between themselves. In the near future, there could be a significant shift in the status quo regarding k awakening i.e., it will be more socially acceptable.

The terms - spiritual awakening, spiritual crisis, spiritual emergency - are being employed, along with a recognition of responsibility in meeting those needs effectively and compassionately. The usage of these terms, in itself, is indication of a shift. With continued research, further verification may be uncovered regarding a shift in the social perception of k awakening.

As suggested recently, Professor Washburn may be one of those at the vanguard of this initiative. In fact, he may have been (intentionally or unintentionally) influential in supporting this positive (or empirically neutral) approach to k awakening, more than a decade ago. That remains to be seen as so far, my research on the specifics of the matter is inconclusive. I do know that some people have claimed Professor Washburn himself has experienced the energetic awakening. Also, at least one person said he has written a textbook on k awakening, while refraining from calling it such. (The Ego and the Dynamic Ground)

Psychologists, therapists, philosophers, sociologists, psychiatrists, counselors, educators and other professionals - are beginning to team up in their evaluation of the energetic awakening. These people, for the most part, are qualified, credentialed, licensed and well educated. Many of them are respected members of their communities and thus have credibility i.e., their opinions matter. They represent the status quo, and due to this fact, their voices and their recommendations cannot be easily dismissed or tossed aside as nonsense. They are concerned about the sheer volume of k awakenings and are attempting to meet the need realistically and pragmatically. As their knowledgeable opinions are shared more publicly, the facts regarding k awakening are being more openly, frankly and compassionately discussed. If true, this is wonderful news.

Because these professionals are speaking out on behalf of their clients - some of whom are in desperate need of quality guidance and resources - those needs will perhaps be met with wisdom and compassion. More and more counselors, therapists, researchers, college professors and church leaders - will be addressing the need from their own personal experience with the energetic awakening. And they will be doing so from an informed and realistic vantage point. This whole trend is enormously encouraging. Although at the moment, I can't offer much in the way of verification to support my position, it is hoped that this conclusion is accurate and based upon solid evidence.

love
parvati

edit/ for clarity and expansion

Edited by - parvati9 on Sep 03 2013 11:58:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  8:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kembolini

As a Christian I will answer in the same way as I did this weekend in answer to how I reconcile being a yoga teacher and a Christian... With Love.
"Kundalini awakening is a psychological process as well as a spiritual one." Precisely and without love it is, imo, an unfulfilling and I would suggest a pointless experience.

Hi Kembolini

Thanks for the post, great reply. Was the question asked by yoga practitioners?

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Sep 05 2013 10:51:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  8:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Kundalini arising is an invitation, truly a doorway, into knowing what you are, and realizing or remembering the true nature of existence. This is why the energy is called divine. It is the energy of the source of life that enabled you to exist as part of creation, and when it activates it is possible for consciousness to shift in such a way that it recognizes its true nature. It shows you that you are not the thoughts in your head, and patterns in your life that you previously identified with".

Bonnie Greenwell is a Transpersonal Therapist who received dharma transmission in 2004 from Zen master Adyashanti. She is author of the book Energies of Transformation: A Guide to the Kundalini Process. The above is an excerpt from the latest entry in her beautiful kundalini blog. Highly recommended.

http://kundaliniguide.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  9:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Here is possibly some evidence supporting the Update post above. An Annual Conference of the European Transpersonal Psychology Association based in Geneva, Switzerland. Conference title - The Awakening to Life, to Sexuality, to Death. It was held a year ago, September 7-9, 2012. Some of the presentations:

- Vladislav Matrenitski (Ukraine): The Shamanic Overtone Throat Singing as the Tool to Activate the Sexual Energy

- Anca Munteanu (Romania): Sexuality, as an Opening Towards Transpersonal Experiences

- Lucien Alfille (France): The Everyday Life Spiritualized by the Awakening

- Karina Minda (Romania): Psychological and Spiritual Effects of Meditation

The Annual Conference this year titled Transcendence and Cosmic Consciousness, will be held October 19-20.

www.etpa.co/conferences.html

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another European transpersonal psychology conference, this one sponsored and organized by Eurotas. The group ostensibly advocates interdisciplinary discussion among various professionals including scientists, psychologists, psychotherapists, doctors, teachers and philosophers. They state that professionals from more than 30 countries will take part in the next conference.

Eurotas 2013 Moldova is a meeting place for global thinking professionals, who would like to represent the latest trends of human mind science, evolution of consciousness, new educational vision and inner potential unlocking.

Conference Mission: To share the knowledge we have gained about human potential and consciousness evolution from years of practice and research in Transpersonal Studies to encourage individual and social transformation for future generations. Emphasis on human potential, education, consciousness evolution, global knowledge sharing. The conference to be held in Moldova Sept 19-22, 2013.

A disclaimer was discovered on the website indicating that the group is definitely not New Age, and I could find no indication that k awakening will be formally presented or discussed. Many topics were mentioned, but k awakening omitted, no matter what name it is going by. Unless it is covered under the topic of consciousness evolution. However I didn't find any scheduled program topics dealing with consciousness evolution either. This particular group may be overtly distancing themselves from anything associated with New Age, including k awakening.

I have also found that when and if k awakening is covered in these conferences, it is usually presented by some other name. Most religiously connotated references seem to be deliberately avoided.

www.eurotas.org

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  10:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*Important Post*

For those needing a little assistance with their k awakening, please check out the following book. It has received rave reviews from people experiencing k awakening. Even though it was published in 1989, it is still relevant and extremely helpful - going by the reviews it has gotten on Amazon. There have been nine reviews in the last three years... "spiritual masterpiece" and "a life saver" were two of the comments. Essays on the transformative experience.

Stanislav Grof and Christina Grof (editors), Spiritual Emergency: When Personal Transformation Becomes a Crisis.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  05:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Essays on the transformative experience

Stanislav Grof and Christina Grof (editors), Spiritual Emergency: When Personal Transformation Becomes a Crisis.

This is a very good book for those experiencing spontaneous kundalini awakening. I read all the essays and would overall rate it 4.5 stars.

Some readers may find it helpful in establishing an anchor, platform or support for their k awakening. The book assists in putting one's k experience in sensible accurate perspective. It will be a great resource for viewing one's experience in a wholesome light and persuading others to do so as well (like family and friends).

While some of the essays are rather dry and boring, others are chock full of insight and truly excellent. I learned something valuable and beneficial from nearly every essay in the book.

There may be a few resources out there that are more useful for understanding the kundalini process, but this one is definitely a good place to start. It offers a wide and positive perspective on spiritual transformation from the standpoint of various cultural and intellectual traditions.

I think it will help sort the confusion and give the reader greater confidence in addressing the difficulties often associated with a spontaneous k awakening.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Oct 10 2013 05:43:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  10:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Parvati9. Really good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  1:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Parvati I'll add it to my book list.

So satisfying throughout your thread to see you put esoteric spiritual stuff in the context of mainstream Christian tradition.

Having attended thousands of Catholic services over the decades in my younger years(but rarely now)I always had a gnawing feeling that a lot was missing. Its fun to hear you fill in the missing pieces and trumpet the need for the modern Church to get ready for its members spiritual awakening.
Go to Top of Page

Ramahlbuddha

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  9:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello I am new to AYP and I have recently undergone a spontaneous K awakening that was an extreme experience for me. I also have been researching information about K awakening mainly because (that is my personality and my professional background - I research). I would consider myself agnostic when it comes to religion although have always believed in collective consciousness and a greater consciousness in general. Some may call this 'god'. I am from a Christian culture and like you when in stages of profound Kundalini experience found myself finding help from Eastern religions and philosophies. I just couldn't find any documents that were of help coming from Christian understanding, except a little from Eastern Orthodox Christianity which appears to have more of a acceptance of the 'mystery' side of Christianity in General and then the Christian Gnostics. I find this to be very interesting and maybe could be the start of a thesis on some of the 'ills' of western society in general. The fact that the Christian churches of today so adamantly separate the body and spirit of man is a disservice to individuals and society as a whole. When you have been through a K awakening the first major understanding that you have is that body and spirit are so intimately connected.
Thanks for the links to documents. I will read them with much interest.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments Jonesboy and BillinL.A.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ramahlbuddha

Welcome to the AYP forums, where you can find accurate information on kundalini, and thanks very much for your comment. I have discovered the field of Transpersonal Psychology in general to be another good resource for accurate k information. But it still takes someone good at research, such as yourself, to get at the essential facts. From my perspective, it is vitally important to have current up-to-date facts derived primarily from contemporary personal accounts. I think many of the Transpersonal Psychologists are drawing from both their own k awakening experience as well as those of their clients. Hope to hear more from you.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  09:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
COMMUNICATING WITH ONE'S SUBCONSCIOUS AWARENESS
Symbols and Metaphors

It was through online research - attempting to discover more resources for accurate kundalini information - that eventually the field of Transpersonal Psychology was encountered. If it hadn't been for recently engaging in extensive online research, related to the topic of this OP, I may not have realized the valuable contribution that (primarily Western) psychologists, philosophers, sociologists and therapists are making to the accurate perception of spontaneous kundalini awakening. Throughout the majority of my own k awakening, either I was clueless or the emphasis has been on making sense of the experience via Eastern oriented religious context. It has been slowly dawning on me that the religious context is no longer necessary. (Usually) helpful yes, necessary no.

In light of this newly developed understanding, I now see how it may be more beneficial for some individuals to approach their k awakening from a religion-free perspective. With the emphasis on guiding the experience towards healthy authentic personal, emotional and psychological transformation.

It may therefore be both viable and sensible to discuss one's k awakening in completely non-religious terms. In view of the OP question - How do Christians Deal w/Kundalini Awakening? - it may be helpful to remember that the general discussion may take place on the psychological level, as opposed to bringing in references and concepts sourced in Eastern religions and practices.

Several years ago I came across a basically unknown book that has been simply sitting on my bookshelf unused - in spite of the fact that it is a very valuable resource for understanding subconscious mind dynamics. At this point it will only be mentioned. However time permitting, later there will be more discussion on the book and how it is especially relevant to k awakening.

The subconscious mind, or subconscious awareness, powerfully affects every realm of our lives. To a certain extent, it dominates and controls our lives, although by definition in a hidden way. Once kundalini awakens, we usually achieve greater access to these unconscious reservoirs. The language of the unconscious mind is SYMBOL and METAPHOR. Dream symbols are often very instructive in understanding what is going on in our subconscious awareness. So are metaphors. Any metaphor we spontaneously use to describe our perception, experience or behavior may be analyzed for the symbolically coded information it reveals to us.

_________

The book is by James Lawley and Penny Tompkins.
METAPHORS IN MIND: Transformation Through Symbolic Modelling
_________

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Oct 31 2013 5:41:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  11:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some highlights from Stephen Dinan's outstanding Consciousness Timeline. Goes up to 1999. For me this was helpful and interesting. So it is being included here b/c others may also find it useful. However it is much more complete, this is only a sample, link below.

1900 .. Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams
1912 .. Carl Jung, Psychology of the Unconscious
1934 .. Carl Jung, Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious
1946 .. Paramahansa Yogananda, Autobiography of a Yogi
1957 .. P.D. Ouspensky, The Fourth Way
1961 .. Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Mental Illness
1965 .. R. D. Laing, The Divided Self
1967 .. R. D. Laing, The Politics of Experience
1968 .. Carlos Casteneda, The Teachings of Don Juan
1969 .. Fritz Perls, Gestalt Therapy Verbatim
1971 .. Gopi Krishna, Kundalini - The Evolutionary Energy in Man
1973 .. Chogyam Trungpa, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism
1975 .. Stanislav Grof, Realms of the Human Unconscious
1975 .. Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miracle of Mindfulness* (see note below)
1976 .. Lee Sanella, Kundalini: Psychosis or Transcendence?
1989 .. Deepak Chopra, Quantum Healing
1998 .. Stanislav Grof, The Cosmic Game

[*I substituted The Miracle of Mindfulness which wasn't found in Dinan's Consciousness Timeline for "1966 Thich Nhat Hanh arrives in U.S..."]

www.enlightenment.com/media/...timeline.html

love
parvati

(edit/ typos)

Edited by - parvati9 on Oct 27 2013 12:12:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  9:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Parvati,

Have you ever thought of writing the book? I have no doubt that you are capable of it
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  7:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jonesboy

My research skills are halfway decent. At least better than writing. Thanks for the comment though

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  09:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
~ my opinion ~

Admitedly I don't know much about the Grofs who were instrumental in originating and/or pioneering very important developments in Transpersonal Psychology... which seems to be the primary branch of contemporary psychology dealing with kundalini awakening and other issues of spiritual and psychological transformation/ awakening. Indeed, it appears that transpersonal psychology is all about consciousness evolutiion in terms of higher states of awareness - both psychological and spiritual.

Three Greats in the History of Psychology - since Carl Jung

In addition to the Grofs, there have been three other pioneers in the field of psychology who have made outstanding contributions in terms of consciousness evolution. They have each offered extremely valuable (imo) viewpoints and techniques for understanding UNCONSCIOUS MIND DYNAMICS.

These three are: Fritz Perls, David Grove and Michael Brown. Briefly a summary of each of their approaches.

Fritz Perls originated and developed Gestalt Therapy. Perls was a psychiatrist and genius in deciphering DREAMS as a method of the unconscious mind communicating its structure, secret code and mysterious organizational system to our conscious awareness. Each element in the dream is an outpicturing of something the unconscious mind wants to convey to us. And the language it communicates in.. is symbolic. It is in code. The code is the dream symbol, the relationship between the various dream symbols, and what they mean to us humans both personally and collectively. Every detail in our dream is us. By having the dreamer consciously become the dream element, and act out that role, the dream code is broken down so the dreamer can understand it. And therefore utilize the information for the resolution of emotional issues and consciousness evolution.

David Grove was a brilliant therapist who originated Metaphor Therapy. He recognized that we employ metaphorical language and symbolic ideas as code for connecting us into the deepest realms of unconscious thought processes. By paying attention to these METAPHORS, communicating with them, and guiding our awareness through them - we may find our way out of emotional dilemas. We navigate our way along a pathway provided by these symbols. What I learned from Grove is to pay attention to the precision of the language used in representing an emotional issue/ crisis, and delve deeply into what those symbols may mean in terms of resolution. Lawley and Tompkins book Metaphors in Mind is one of the better known books on Metaphor Therapy, but for the layman it is somewhat difficult to understand. Online comments indicate that a background in NLP - neurolinguistic programming - may help in comprehending psychological issues explored in 'Metaphors in Mind'.

Michael Brown has developed a procedure and authored a book called The Presence Process which is virtually a miraculous tecnnique for effectively cutting through all the tricks and nonsense which the unconscious mind and ego throw up to limit our awareness and lock us into cycles of misery. Imo it is a shortcut to emotional and spiritual transformation. A great tool for consciousness evolution.

Hoping the readers find this information helpful in the navigation of their spiritual paths..

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Ramahlbuddha

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  03:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Parvati9
Thanks very much for the information with regard to Transpersonal psychology. I have been reading Carl Jung and you now have provided me with some further reading material to follow. Have you read the 'Red Book' by Carl Jung? At first glance this appears to me to be the writings of someone going through a Kundalini experience. He says that it was the insights gained during this time of his life that were used as the basis for his life's works. I personally have very strong dreams and at times they contain useful symbols for me as well as other people. Since my K experience many of them have been premonitions which early on was almost too much for me to integrate into my day to day life, I was freaking out. They have recently slowed down and become easier to deal with.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  8:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ramahlbuddha

Thanks for your comment. Carl Jung's Red Book reminds me of a confusing, convoluted and oppressive version of Alice in Wonderland, although the beautiful color illustrations, supposedly by Jung himself, are magnificent. While others may find his work useful in sorting their k awakening, I certainly cannot recommend it. Nevertheless if you are benefitting from the book, perhaps you would expand on how it is helping to put your energetic awakening in perspective.

From my experience, k awakening helps us make peace with the unconscious aspects of our lives, and our life purpose. Through the k awakening, one may gain insight and command of problematic issues that were previously beyond resolution and/or confusing. However one needs a positive or neutral attitude toward the energetic awakening, as well as the purification it entails. Otherwise the experience can become oppressive. There is a learning curve in the attunement and refinement of necessary skills developed in partnering with the divine. It is rather imperative to cultivate patience if one is to successfully integrate a spontaneous k awakening.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  8:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

From my experience, k awakening helps us make peace with the unconscious aspects of our lives, and our life purpose. Through the k awakening, one may gain insight and command of problematic issues that were previously beyond resolution and/or confusing. However one needs a positive or neutral attitude toward the energetic awakening, as well as the purification it entails. Otherwise the experience can become oppressive. There is a learning curve in the attunement and refinement of necessary skills developed in partnering with the divine. It is rather imperative to cultivate patience if one is to successfully integrate a spontaneous k awakening.

love
parvati

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anima Deorum

Your response is also appreciated, thank you.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  09:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that it has been seen how Christians may occasionally choose to view their k awakening from a secular psychological orientation, it may be advantageous to return to the religious vantage point. It is wise to consider all the available options as well as to be flexible in one's approach. The psychological viewpoint allows for the establishment of a broader base and the possibility of a more wholesome positive context in which to anchor one's energetic awakening.. Thus effectively removing it from the narrow confines of a more fundamentalist religious perspective.

Nevertheless one's faith is the number one priority. No matter how one chooses to present the awakening to friends and family, our inward faith must thrive. So we will now move from the secular mode to the faith strengthening mode. As always, this is only my opinion on the matter.

THE FOUR PILLARS

Imo the four pillars of faith are: The Word, the Spirit, the Cross and the Name.

The Word

The Word is both external and internal. It consists of a book whose existence we can verify, as well as being written in our hearts. Spiritually and religiously oriented people are often comforted by having specific doctrines and scriptures on which to rely for support in their beliefs and actions. So three scriptures will be provided as evidence of the fact that God's word is written inside us, in our hearts and in our minds.

Jeremiah 31:33 (KJV)
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts and write it in their hearts: and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 10:16 (KJV)
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord. I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.

Romans 2:15 (KJV)
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts...

God gives us the external word in order to confirm the internal word. For me personally, when people try to force an interpretation of the word that doesn't resonate, I reject it. The reason it is rejected is because I trust my own heart. And the bible, itself, declares that God's truth and laws are written in our hearts. It may prove useful to know that.

The bible informs us that the Word constitutes the Sword of the Holy Spirit. It is very helpful to know how to use this sword on one's behalf.

The Spirit

The Holy Spirit is also called the Spirit of Truth and the Comforter. But more than that, the Holy Spirit is our Advocate, the paraclete who walks alongside us and remains with us in times of trial, crisis and distress. The Paraclete is a Counselor. Now counselor has two meanings and it is the second of these that is perhaps the more significant.

The first meaning of counselor is that of providing guidance, instruction or advice. The second meaning of counselor is Legal Counsel, as in lawyer or attorney in a court of law. The Holy Spirit is our unfathomably powerful defense against the 'accuser of the brethren'. Until one experiences the power of a k awakening, one hasn't a clue how powerful the Holy Spirit really is. The Comforter is possibly the most powerful force in the universe. And guess what? He's on our side and he will remain by our side - no matter what we are up against. Ponder that daily and it will undoubtedly build up your confidence.

You may absolutely depend on the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will never ever let you down or leave your side. And in a k awakening, you receive one-on-one tutoring from this awesome manifestation of the divine. Jesus has told us that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. At first, some of these things you may not want to learn. But in time you will see the necessity. As the veil of illusion and conditioning collapses, you will begin to understand the world through the divine's point of view. Which is clarity, love, joy, peace and freedom.

The Cross

The cross has always been a symbol for the intersection of the spiritual and physical planes. Or the place where the divine meets the mundane. But with Jesus' incarnation, significance of the cross was expanded, amplified and elevated. Not only as a Christian symbol, but as a symbol which theoretically has power over the conterfeit divine. If the cross has power for you, then you should use it on your behalf.

I personally believe in the protective power of the cross. It seems to me that the counterfeit divine is repulsed by the cross. Good. That's exactly what I want. However, the bottom line is what works for you.

The Name

Arguably the most powerful tool we can use to protect our spiritual path as Christians is The Name of Jesus. How is it that this Name is so powerful against the counterfeit divine? If you have ever been in a bind and had to use His Name to free yourself from the grip of the adversary, you will be acquainted with its power. When I was a drug addict I had to frequently use His Name to break free from temptation. If it works for you, then use it. For me there is nothing in heaven nor on earth that provides strength and comfort like the name of Jesus.. with the possible exception of my love for Him.

The reason the counterfeit divine fears the name of Jesus is because the Lord has no doubt and no fear. Rather He is pure righteousness and love. Perfect love casteth out all fear (and doubt). The counterfeit divine may be able to trap us, but it cannot trap the Lord. And when we remain close to the Lord, He covers us so that it is impossible for the adversary to gain influence over us.

In Summary -
The Word, the Spirit, the Cross and the Name have been given to us so that we may be strong in our walk with the Lord. And so that we may stand firm in our faith. For me, it's all about faith and how to stay strong in that faith. It is hoped that you will consider using the four pillars, along with your intuition, to assist in the successful processing of your kundalini awakening.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Nov 17 2013 10:34:01 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000