New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  2:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I've been doing AYP religiously for 2years and 3months now. It was my third or fourth attempt to add on the 1st mantra enhancement. For the first time, I managed to go through the session with Shree I AM Namah.

But I felt the "Shree" was still very hard on me, on my head and heart area, especially the heart area, where there seems to be a deeply ingrained block. I got in and out of silence really slow. This means I can't really do the mantra repetition back to back.

Afterwards, I rest for very long time. My heart beats faster than usual, and I could easily space out. symptoms of overloading.

My bhakti has been calling for mantra enhancement since long time ago. The I AM mantra has been felt to be kind of inadequate for a while, too. It didn't seem to take me deeper than the depth that SBP already brought me into. It feels like I need a mantra with a couple of more syllables, but without "Shree."

Does anyone experience similar problem with "Shree" here? maybe something like "I AM namah namah" Or maybe I need even to use I AM for much longer?

any input is welcome! Many thanks!

Pheel

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  2:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go back to using I am for a while and then try again. I use shree shree I am I am.
I tried adding too quickly and had symptoms of overloading, after a few more months of the basic mantra I was able to go add shree without any problem.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carl, you are right. I need to keep driving in the first gear for a bit more. Thanks for the reply!
Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  8:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Pheel!!

Missed you at Kripalu this year...wasn't the same without you

I've had a similar issue, as you know my crown was the first thing to start opening (pre-AYP); so I've had to tread carefully in that area. Shree definitely was felt in the crown for me, and although I managed with Shree I Am Namah; when I tried to go to Shree Shree I Am I Am Namah Namah, it was simply too much on the crown. So I dropped 1 Shree but kept both Namah's. So I've been working with Shree I Am I Am Namah Namah, and it feels good for me. The additional Namah seems to draw the energy further down in the neurobiology for me.

I know its not one of the AYP standard mantras, but has been working well for the past several months.

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  07:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel,

I had the same issue a few years ago. I had to go back to the first mantra. To be honest though, it wasn't a problem for long- maybe just a few months, and then I could go back to the first mantra enhancement. There's no big rush, so take your time.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  11:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogi Matti,

I'm happy for you that you made it here! This is the last term at school, in new haven. Got dissertation to finish and jobs applications etc. I'm sure the retreat without me was just as good, or even better without me:P

I backed up to base mantra. Having worked a while on it, I found the real bummer is actually a big block in the spine near the chest. Almost every time I sank deep enough, I was bumped back from there, automatic spinal movement, you know. We'll see how it goes 3 months later.

much love,

Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  11:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thanks for the advice. I'll try a few months later.

Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  10:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel,

The thing with using Sree as part of the mantra is that it has a direct effect on the crown chakra. So if you are practicing AYP and Sree is a problem for you then that is a very good sign. It means your crown is starting to open. This is a very delicate stage in yoga, and there is no need to rush it. It can take 5 or 6 years to fully open and purify the crown chakra. During that time, you will have to dance around the edge of things a bit to make it all work. The Sree mantra could be problematic, as could the crown aspect of cosmic samyama. You may also find that spinal breathing becomes more tricky as a trickle of light starts to flow up from the centre of your head to the crown with each inhale.

So you may find that for a time you have to stay with the basic mantra, avoid cosmic samyama, and cut back on spinal breathing pranayama. You will know, based on the stability that you are getting at your crown, and in daily life.

Good luck with it all!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  10:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa Christi. What, what and what ?

I haven't come across any of that info before. Just trying to absorb it.

Can you explain the 'difficulties' with spinal breathing and how the crown opening manifests ?

Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shree seems similar to Tibetan hri or even shri sprinkling at the crown chakra and even over it.

If the channel between heart and head is opening you may have some difficulties and emotional block as you write. Continuation there.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Whoa Christi. What, what and what ?

I haven't come across any of that info before. Just trying to absorb it.

Can you explain the 'difficulties' with spinal breathing and how the crown opening manifests ?

Hi Karl,

The double "e" aspect of the Sree mantra has a direct effect on the crown chakra. So if the "sree" aspect of the first mantra enhancement is causing difficulties it is likely that the crown chakra is starting to open but is not yet stable. If this is the case then cutting back to the basic mantra for a time would be a prudent precaution. Given that it can take 5 years or so for the crown to open and purify, someone could find that they need to look at taking that precaution for several years, although in practice usually after a few months things can become stable enough at the crown for the "sree" mantra to not be a problem.

At this stage in the sadhana, the focussing on the crown aspect of cosmic samyama can also cause instability, as can all the sutras after that one, so that's another thing to watch out for.

With spinal breathing, when the crown is starting to open, the brahma nadi can begin to activate which activates the crown chakra. Basically as prana rises through the sushumna with each inhale, a trickle of light will escape through the brahma nadi and rise up to the crown, activating it. So any instability at the crown will become enhanced.

All these things only happen at quite an advanced stage in the sadhana and can be felt if they are happening and the practice can be adjusted accordingly, so it's not a big deal. It's just useful to remember that cutting back to basics for a while is not necessarily a sign of slower progress, it can be a sign of good management. And the cutting back to basics can last for months, or even years as blockages clear out and things become stable.

In my own case, I think I had to go back to the basic mantra for about 3 months, I had to cut cosmic samyama out altogether for about 2 years and I had to cut spinal breathing time down to half for about a year whilst things stabilized.

In the beginning of a crown opening, energy can be felt moving in small circles on top of your head. As it progresses it is experienced as a vortex of energy swirling around, maybe a foot or so in diameter. Gradually there is less experience of energy movements and the experience at the crown becomes one of pure bliss consciousness. It is the Siva aspect of the union of Siva and Sakti from Tantric yoga.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that. The only sensations I ever had we're at the forehead, a strong sucking sensation, sometimes happened as if I was being drawn towards something like danger.

I have been crown breathing for some time but not really noticed anything.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

What's crown breathing?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know the technical term but pranayama breathing to the crown.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

O.K. Thought I'd ask as there is a targeted root to crown spinal bastrika in AYP.

Root to crown spinal breathing is a practice that Yogani suggests not to practice under any circumstance. It is here in lesson 199:

" Some have asked, "Why can't I just shift my spinal breathing from the third eye to root to the crown to root?" Two reasons: First it curtails the continuing activation of the third eye to root awakening. Second, it shifts the emphasis of attention to the crown, which will increase instability in the energy flows. So don't shift your spinal breathing to the crown. It will not be stable, even for advanced yogis and yoginis."

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

It is possible to practice root to crown spinal breathing and I have done it myself for several years. But I would strongly advise not to do it until you have met the pre-requisites for Spinal bastrika (lesson 171), have met the conditions for targetted spinal bastrika including the development of inner vision (lesson 198) and have followed lesson 199 through and have been "testing" at the crown already for several years with the crown raised. Root to crown spinal breathing is more powerful than simply placing the attention at the crown and therefore more likely to lead to difficulties later on.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure what to say after reading through those lessons.

I have always regarded Kundalini as a bit of a myth. I have been practising Pranayama (root to brow) for 2 years or so, always as part of the recommendations by Yogani.

I think I have pretty good intuition when it comes to self pacing, but you have me wondering now. Obviously for root to crown breathing Yogani just says no.

It's making me wonder how I know anything. I could be swimming in Kundalini excess and have no idea. I could think I was suffering from Kundalini excess and simply be a bit depressed or coming down with the flue.

Most of the symptoms I read about are common and never get tagged as anything special medically and despite using practices I still have a huge dose of the sceptic. The thing is, a few weeks ago I started touching the crown and now I have a chest complaint and blocked nose. I have experienced this before after working with NLP. I didn't put the two together, but now it's making me wonder.....as well as saying don't be daft it's just the remnants of a bad cold.

Was leaving an unfullfilling job a symptom?

How would I know if things were going wrong ? I think I need a Kundalini scan.

Anyway I won't be carrying on with the root to crown breathing, it sounds like it might do a lot of damage.....in a mythical way of course.

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, Thanks a lot for the explanation of the Shree function and the overall crown-purification process and cautions.
Have two more related questions regarding that:
first is the uneven progress of spinal nerve purification. While some parts of the spine could be felt obviously through sensations (like warmth), other sections of the spine has major blocks. (See this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11350) Should I#12288;address this problem?

second, I was also born with an obvious concave on top of my head. Is this a sign that I should even take more caution dealing with crown opening?

Many thanks!
Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

Self pacing is good, but there is a limit to what you can sort out with it. It's a bit like if you are training to run a marathon. If you find that you are overdoing things in training, you will get muscle cramps, or shaking etc, and the thing to do is to cut back on the training to a level where you don't experience those things. But if you really over-do things you can pull a muscle. Then it is a case of resting up for a few weeks. Root to crown spinal breathing before you are ready for it can lead to the pull-a-muscle stage (metaphorically speaking).

The symptoms of doing this too early would not be things like leaving an unsatisfactory job. I did targeted throat to crown spinal bastrika once for 10 minutes when I was not ready for it. I spent the next 8 hours lying on my back shaking uncontrollably. Other symptoms could include a feeling of burning inside the whole body, or severe headaches.

Kundalini certainly is not a myth, and is not something to mess around with. It is also not something to fear, just treat it with respect, and follow the guidelines and you will be fine.

So yes, leave the root to crown SB, and stick with root to brow. If you want to add on extras to make your practice more powerful there are loads in the AYP tool box. Root lock, sambhavi, siddhasana, Spinal bastrika, khumbaka, samyama, cosmic samyama.

Just don't add them all at once or you really will find out that kundalini isn't a myth! Big time.

Edited by - Christi on Apr 09 2012 3:55:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

Hi Christi, Thanks a lot for the explanation of the Shree function and the overall crown-purification process and cautions.
Have two more related questions regarding that:
first is the uneven progress of spinal nerve purification. While some parts of the spine could be felt obviously through sensations (like warmth), other sections of the spine has major blocks. (See this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11350) Should I#12288;address this problem?

second, I was also born with an obvious concave on top of my head. Is this a sign that I should even take more caution dealing with crown opening?

Many thanks!
Pheel

Hi Pheel,

I would not worry about the blockages in your spine. Just carry on with the practices and everything will sort itself out. Most of the AYP practices are global purification practices. If you have reached targeted bastrika in the lessons then you could use that to deal with specific blockages. But if you have not reached it yet, don't jump to it and add it in as it needs to be added at the right time and in the right order.

As for the concave indentation on top of your head, don't worry about it. The crown chakra is an etheric aspect of the human body which means it is not affected by the physical shape of the head.

Edited by - Christi on Apr 09 2012 4:02:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the basics.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl, you cracked me up:)))
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Just wanna share my recent trial on the first enhancement (Shree I AM Namah). I've done it for two days (four sessions), it was first OK, then tonight after the fourth session, my heart started to beat faster than usual. Oh boy, I think I need to cut back to the base mantra again. This is the fifth time that I tried and failed the 1st enhancement....but it's all right....the crown is opening without shree anyway.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  09:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you think the increase in heart beat was just because of the mantra?
Did it cause you discomfort after the practice session?
If not, I would say try it for a few more sessions. It may just be your body is adjusting to it.
The "Shree I AM Namah" will generally overload you at the crown, and if that did not happen, it may be OK to try it for a few more days.
But finally you are the best judge... so do what feels comfortable.

Much love!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  10:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

I thought about it again, and found the discomfort might be caused by my "strategic" use of the enhancement: I've been using AYAM for long, so I know how to put it into a deeper faint place, and I used that technique in the last session, and the mantra turned more subtle and deeper. Also the heart discomfort did get a bit better after a few hours...So, yes I'll try it for a few more sessions in a natural way (instead of using ways to fasten it's settling process) and see what will happen....
Thanks for much for the advice!

love to you

Phil

Edited by - Pheel on Feb 22 2013 10:22:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  10:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh... trying to control things again are we?

Yes, let it take its natural course.. don't force or try to make anything happen... this mantra works differently... you may have already read this lesson : http://www.aypsite.org/188.html but read it again, it will help understand some of this.

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  10:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, playing the smarty...again....

So I made one adjustment this morning, I allow the mantra to dissolve in the middle as it naturally happens. So the mantra works like:

Shreeeee......AYAM...Namah... and sometimes, Shree....I AM.... or Shree......

Also, I cut off samayama all together, because of the totality of the purification is quite huge. (Samyama's getting more powerful with less sensations), I'll add it back once I stablize the mantra. So yes, the body needs a bit of time to catch up with the newly increased rate of full-body purification.

One thing that the lesson doesn't mention (or directly say) is that it drastically increases full body ecstasy. Even though Shree and Namah do not work on the lower region directly, I did feel intense ecstasy in the lower part of the body, espceially my legs. Don't know if working on the crown is also working on the whole body, or this is because of the namah radiating out....but it's great news to me...

Also, after the last session, I saw/felt a vague galaxy-like thing spinning right before my eyes (or around), and it seemed to drive the ecstasy in the body, including the legs...nice scenery....

Thank you, and everyone else here
It's getting really nice now here in Shanghai...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000