Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Physical Marks of emotional block
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I've been practicing AYP for a while now. Recently I've found a big block in the middle of my chest near sacrum. In spinal breathing I feel this area is clogged (can't feel the spinal nerve when I pass this region) and the spine moves and makes a cracking sound in response. And in meditation every time when I sank in certain depth, I had automatic spinal movement, as if I was bumped back by a wall.

There're obvious physical marks of this block: I actually have a native deeply sunken sacrum,forming a obvious concave in the chest. And in the middle of my tongue, there's a visible line. This line, according to ayurveda, this is an indication of emotional issues accumulated in the spine. With more than 2 years of AYP, this section of spine, which used to be a bit curled, is now straighten up. But whenever I concentrate on sternum, it feels very stuffed there, big block.

So far, I've been using global purification to deal with it. But if you know ways to deal especially with this kind of blocks, pls do not hesitate to enlighten me!

Many thanks!

Pheel

Edited by - Pheel on Apr 09 2012 11:42:28 AM

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Pheel

Hi everyone,

I've been practicing AYP for a while now. Recently I've found a big block in the middle of my chest near sacrum. In spinal breathing I feel this area is clogged (can't feel the spinal nerve when I pass this region) and the spine moves and makes a cracking sound in response. And in meditation every time when I sank in certain depth, I had automatic spinal movement, as if I was bumped back by a wall.

There're obvious physical marks of this block: I actually have a native deeply sunken sacrum,forming a obvious concave in the chest. And in the middle of my tongue, there's a visible line. This line, according to ayurveda, this is an indication of emotional issues accumulated in the spine. With more than 2 years of AYP, this section of spine, which used to be a bit curled, is now straighten up. But whenever I concentrate on sternum, it feels very stuffed there, big block.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you mean sternum in the chest instead of sacrum at the end of the spine below?

I would not speak of an emotional block but joining to the "shree" string of bhakti heart to be opened up in this system. That a sternum is sunk inis often recommended by Mantak Chia also in his Qigong for hindering unwanted energies streaming upwards blocked further on by a chin lock and hanging the head by a file upwards. He may have learnt some wild kundalini making this necessary. Normally I see no necessity
for it also in his system and a usual stage in development till your bowed neck gets upright stretch as in standing like a tree.

You describe a similar evolution for losing the concave form of the sternum by AYP perhaps overcoming also hereditary aspects or cultural Chinese inclinatios keeping suppresed your body in this form.

But this needs further analysis like your spontaneous movements and being pushed back.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is just your sternum sunken, or do you scrunch your shoulders forward and bend your back to protect your heart (as in the fetal position)? Cause if you do all of that (like me) backbends will release it. It's very powerful though and plenty of meditation with just a little back bend at first would be safer, and watch for self pacing.

I found that releases a LOT of stored emotion, and for a long time for me.
By backbends, I mean the gymnastics bridge, or yoga wheel.
Just go as far as you can, and hold a few seconds. Wait a day, to see if emotions come up like anger. You will know because you will feel emotional about little things that shouldn't cause it. If nothing happens, then you can push a little harder for three seconds, and release. Do this three times, then do the opposite, forward bend and hold, to balance.
When doing back bends, it's not like stretching muscles. You are stretching ligaments and bones, so go easy, don't force very hard, and don't hold very long.

If you can't do any backbend at all, you can start out laying on an exercise ball, or with your back to a wall, reach over your head and back and down with your hands, and push just a little.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, backbends as Etherfish says. What I really love to do is lay on my back crossways on my bed with my upper back hanging over the edge and head down and arms outstretched. Soooooo relaxing and calming. Make sure the shoulder blades are hanging over just enough so they are not on the bed. Not more. Really opens the chest and heart. I stay in that position at the end of my asanas just before savasana.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi many thanks to everyone for responding. I think I need to clarify things a bit:
The sunken sternum (not sacrum, of Axel) in the middle of my chest was something I was born with.
While in the automatic yoga, both the spine in the chest section and neck section are made to move both forward and backward, in coordination with the arms. So, Etherfish, the shoulder can scrunch forward and open-up backward, they usually come as a pair. The neck can make chin pump-like movements. In all the spinal movements, there's cracking sounds from the spine.

And yes, Etherfish and LittleTurle, black bends are what I feel I need to do. I did some fish before, and felt it really hits on the block, and thus can easily cause over-load. Before meditation, I at least do cow poses. and stretch the spine in all directions. I find udiyana has similar effects.

Another concern is how should my intention pass through this blocked section? I'm vacillating sort of jumping over and ploughing through. Hard to get the sweet middle point.

Pheel
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  6:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I do not know this system here I cannot see the context why and how the intention must pass the sternum downwards meeting the sweet point (Shanzong thymus gland ?). As opening the whole length of the middle channel by energy, breath and sorts of initiation I have experience.

I see no spontaneous automatic yoga or kriyas for removing blockages in certain places in this description at work though others report also this for the chin pump
leading till emission of the erected penis what can be understood as middle channel work and energatisation.

An overload of energy by hitting on the sternum? Mantak Chia uses this combined with the more important inner organ smile for stimulating the loving heart energy
as a healing energy or end the session by dissipating stuck energies from this place.

Axel

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  9:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel I should thank everyone who read this post, and consciously or unconscicously had released an intention to help. Just by bring the problem/block to the attention here to the community, it had already been dissolving. I wouldn't say I had a breakthrough, but the energy now passes that spot much easier, meditation and sbp are both much improved. Namaste everyone! And thank you, Etherfish, for suggesting Bridge and Wheel, they were very helpful to me indeed:)

gratefully,
Pheel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000