New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  01:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm really glad this topic was brought up because that's why I came to AYP: to find out if there is a specific technique to help my partner experience whole body/spinal/kundalini orgasm. I was trained in sexual tantra many years ago but unfortunately my education did not include how to train the man. I am teaching him asana and pranayama and I have encouraged him to conserve his life energy. He already has perfect control so the techniques described for preventing/delaying ejaculation are not what I am looking for; rather, I wonder if there is a technique to then turn the energy upward. It's very easy and natural for women but I don't know how it works for a man. We do focus on the heart chakra, gazing into each other's eyes, etc. He did experience a kundalini rush and what he described as a "sort of backflow" once or twice, seemingly without any specific trigger. I don't want him to feel "deprived" since he is not having ejaculations more than a couple of times a month. He says he has more energy and feels better, but he also complained of having irritability and "blue balls" after about a week. I am considering teaching him mulabandha, although he is just a beginner at asana (but is a "natural" at tantric sex). Any suggestions? Thanks.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  08:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the AYP forum. I see that this is your first visit. I hope your visit here will be beneficial

I see from your user profile that you have a web page. Clearly you are have many years of practice in your chosen path, and considerable resources to address the question you have brought to our attention here. I found one paragraph that was especially relevant to the question of teaching inner sensuality, or bringing energy upward. Here is what you wrote:

"like most modern yogis I had not quite been taught correctly! In many ways my practice was consistent with the classical hatha yoga from Krishnamacharya as taught by Desikachar, but there were certain discrepancies. E.g., significantly, I had been taught to visualize prana rising up the spine on the inhale, whereas in fact it is received from above, and rises on the exhale! I had always felt this was backwards and was quite relieved when Mark corrected it. Along with this, I had been taught to inhale from the abdomen first and fill the top of the chest last, while the correct classical method the air fills the chest from the top down."
http://blog.lothlorienyoga.com/

I find it rather amusing that I stumbled upon that part of your process since here at AYP we visualize the energy coming up with the in-breath. I find that this in-breath, up-energy dynamic works fine for me. On the other hand, as I was reading about your process, I could feel energy coming down from above, and that is now as I write a beautiful flow.

Backing up a bit, to look at the big picture of "turning energy upward." The AYP approach emphasizes twice daily Deep Meditation. With the inner silence cultivated in DM, we are in a better position to experience the rise of "ecstatic conductivity" in a balanced way. Once our DM practice is stable we add Spinal Breathing Pranayama to cultivate the inner experience of pranic energy.

I will leave it at that for now. Again, welcome to the AYP Forum.

Love, Peace and Light,

Be

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  3:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JamieRadha

I'm really glad this topic was brought up because that's why I came to AYP: to find out if there is a specific technique to help my partner experience whole body/spinal/kundalini orgasm. I was trained in sexual tantra many years ago but unfortunately my education did not include how to train the man. I am teaching him asana and pranayama and I have encouraged him to conserve his life energy. He already has perfect control so the techniques described for preventing/delaying ejaculation are not what I am looking for; rather, I wonder if there is a technique to then turn the energy upward. It's very easy and natural for women but I don't know how it works for a man. We do focus on the heart chakra, gazing into each other's eyes, etc. He did experience a kundalini rush and what he described as a "sort of backflow" once or twice, seemingly without any specific trigger. I don't want him to feel "deprived" since he is not having ejaculations more than a couple of times a month. He says he has more energy and feels better, but he also complained of having irritability and "blue balls" after about a week. I am considering teaching him mulabandha, although he is just a beginner at asana (but is a "natural" at tantric sex). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi JamieRadha, and welcome!

There really is no magic technique that can immediately create a complete upward flow of ecstatic energy (thus relieving the pressure of overdoing/imbalance), whether it be via a sexual or kundalini manifestation -- which are two sides of the same coin. Rather, it is more about using a balanced array of techniques regularly over time, whereby the transformation happens gradually by degrees. Tantric sexual methods, while significant for those whose lifestyle may involve regular sexual activity, are not necessarily at the center of this transformation. The cultivation of abiding inner silence and whole body ecstatic conductivity are, which puts the solution more on the side of sitting practices -- deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama in particular, which is the approach in AYP.

Bewell has already made this point, and rightly so. He also pointed out that AYP spinal breathing pranayama goes up on inhalation and down on exhalation. It can be argued either way. Even within the ranks of Kriya Yoga (which AYP is not), it can be approached either way. It is only a friendly debate among friends.
Here is an AYP lesson on it, appropriately called, "Which way is up?": http://www.aypsite.org/46.html
I say, do what works best, keeping long term cause and effect in mind, rather than short term energy experiences which can be considerable and distracting.

Getting back to the tantric sex, like with any practice, overdoing is possible, and symptoms of discomfort are a sign of that. In AYP, we have something called "self-pacing," which has relevance in all practices, including tantric sex. If there is discomfort, it means that energy is getting jammed up against inner obstructions in the neurobiology. When this is happening, we can back off practice a bit, pacing our practice to fit the condition of purification and opening we are experiencing. Once we have stabilized and opened a bit more, we can inch practice back up to what can be accommodated, like that. In AYP, self-pacing is very commonly used with deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, and other practices on both the inner silence and ecstatic energy cultivation sides.

So maybe consider lightening up a bit on the tantric sex, and shifting some of your partner's focus to daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other sitting practices. Asanas are good too, but not as fundamental in human spiritual transformation as sitting practices are, at least from the AYP point of view. Over-stimulation of energy is possible with extensive asana practice (especially when also doing sitting practices), so self-pacing has a role to play there too.

Delayed overload effects may occur from asanas, or any other spiritual practice, so it is good to keep the time delay factor in mind when developing our daily routine. As we say here, spiritual awakening is a marathon, not a sprint. It can be done for sure, but we have to develop some finesse in managing our daily practices, taking steps forward when there are openings, back when we bump into obstructions, and forward again as obstructions dissolve by degrees due to our bhakti and structured practices.

There is something that comes up in tantra discussions called "vajroli." We have covered it in the lessons, and here in the forums from time to time. I mention it because it is at the heart of the neurobiological transformation (or expansion) of sexual function to whole body ecstatic conductivity and radiance. We do not regard it as much a technique as a natural (and permanent) awakening of the subtle neurobiology in the pelvic region, resulting from all of the above-mentioned practices. We make a distinction here between "natural vajroli" and "mechanical vajroli," with the latter often associated with macho yogic sexuality. Not what we are after here. In fact, natural vajroli occurs equally in both men and women, and is a component in the rise of the ecstatic "nectar cycle."

Well, that is covering a lot in a few lines. Here are several lessons to fill in some details:
Vajroli Mudra -- http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html
Natural Vajroli and Whole Body Ecstasy -- http://www.aypsite.org/T60.html
Orgasm, Vajroli and the Nectar Cycle -- http://www.aypsite.org/T62.html
Diet, Kundalini, and the Nectar Cycle -- http://www.aypsite.org/304.html

Wishing you and your partner all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  03:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! First, I must say what a pleasure it is to find a forum where enlightened, educated people are able and willing to discuss the finer points of yoga, including tantric sex, candidly and within their proper spiritual context. I have found this to be extremely rare. Re: Bewell's comment about the direction of energy flow. I was hoping not to get into an argument about this. My entire life I was taught the prana goes up with inhalation, I practiced this method consistently and it was "ok" and it kind of "worked." Then recently I discovered the original teachings of Krishnamacharya via Mark Whitwell and after 2 or 3 breaths receiving the inhalation from above, my entire reality changed and I got incredible results. I'm really not intersted in debating this; do whatever works for you. That is fine. Now, as to the question at hand regarding my partner: I very much appreciate the discussion which Yogani posted Friday which contained many details of various practices and men's experiences thereof. On reading through that I think, in retrospect, my partner's spontaneous experiences of vajroli did occur while we were connecting our chakras, so maybe that was the trigger. In any case, when Yogani said "maybe lighten up on the tantric sex" in practical terms I'm not sure how to do that or what you mean by that; i.e. are you saying he should go ahead and ejaculate? Is the conservation of his life energy too much for him? We get together on the weekends and have lots of sex; we can't do anything about the nature of the lovemaking as such, that is just how it is for us. My basic concern is simply that I don't want him to feel "deprived" since he is not experiencing ejaculatory orgasm and I want him to get the most possible benefit from the experience. As I am not a man I don't know how that is for a man or what is involved. That's why I am asking you guys. As to the other points you raised regarding daily practice, etc., that is all certainly valid. Unfortunately my partner has very little motivation to pursue these disciplines and only does so because of my recommendations. He practically worships me, but I completely agree with you that tantric sex is not a standalone practice and I don't want him to be dependent on me for his spiritual connection; I want him to have his own yogic practice. Left to his own devices he would sit in front of the t.v. drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and chain smoking cigarettes. My goal in getting him to do even simple asana and pranayama for a few minutes each day, is so that he will experience the inner Bliss which will then decrease his addictions (yes, I know, that is another AYP lesson, but he is not going to log on and read them) and hopefully prevent his untimely death from ethanol and tobacco. Hence also my feeling that he should conserve his life energy as much as possible (I believe the standard yogic recommendation for a 46-year-old is like once a week or less ejaculation). Since he has been taking my advice the past couple of weeks he visibly looks younger, he feels better, and he is drinking less, so clearly something is working! His only complaint was the episode of irritability and "blue balls" which occurred after about a full week, for which I was sure you gentlemen would have a simple and straightforward solution, which apparently you do not, unless I am missing something. I really don't mean to be obtuse. My other friends have also given vague answers and I am beginning to think I should just listen to my inner guru. But I really, really do appreciate your thoughtful replies! And thanks so much for your warm welcome to this forum. Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  09:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jamie:

Ejaculation once or twice per week is not going to be detrimental, particularly if cultivation of sexual essences (holdback technique - Lesson T4) is occurring beforehand. If blocking (Lesson T5) is used during orgasm, most of his sexual essence will be preserved, while at the same time relieving the internal pressure that is causing the discomfort. Blocking takes some getting used to, and is more of a stop-gap measure that becomes less needed over time as the energies smooth out with pre-orgasmic sex, becoming increasingly more regenerative, and with fewer discomforts afterward.

As for the rest of yoga, you seem to be doing all you can for your partner. The degree to which you (or anyone) can help depends mainly on his receptivity. You are a blessing in his life for sure.

The only suggestion I would add from the AYP point of view would be, if he is going to do only one practice outside tantric sex, deep meditation would be the recommendation. For the time spent doing deep meditation (10-20 minutes twice each day, if possible), the "bang for the buck" will be more than any other yoga practice.

The guru is in you.

PS: Deep meditation included in the daily routine also makes spinal breathing pranayama much more powerful (no matter which direction on inhalation). This is something that is not addressed very well in most of the Kriya traditions. Sometimes there can be great benefit in crossing traditional lines.

Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  06:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can not make someone have a yoga practice. If when left to their own devices they chose to chain smoke and sit in front of the tv and drink, what exactly can you do about that?

Remember when you practice with a partner you take on their energy, they become a part of you. Make sure you are discerning and that your partner is worthy.

Thy body is thy temple.

Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  06:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The perfect man is found in silence, and the perfect woman is the one moving, to try and get the man to do something.

It may be some time, until you find him, or get him to do something for you.

A perfect solution would have them both manifest as individuals, and see how that one plays out. Tantra, it's all about sex, right?

I am on my own, so I got to practice on my own. Maybe having sex, is just that, allowing them both to find each other in silence.

Perhaps, the each moment the two find each other as perfect, sex happens and bliss is seen.

Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  06:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was the woman, once activated, that moves upwards. The man, sees the woman, then moves downwards, and they join at the heart. Otherwise, the woman has to complete it all by herself.

Maybe, it's a joint effort, where the heart guides the two towards each other, although it's all done through sexual energy of the kundalini. It is as if, perfect silence is wanting to manifest love for itself, and the manifestation sees perfection in silence, and the two, as the male / female energies, attempt to join and become one.

Some say, it's about going higher, maybe it's about finding love, right here. There's only one way to do it. Control versus surrender, or effort versus grace, they are both two energies, that can be taken to an extremity. Love is knowing and being aware of the two energies, inside, and guiding them without, and perhaps, guiding from without within too, to complete them both.

It all seems to change, I guess. I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  07:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think once she is naked, he will see her, been thinking about this a long time. Maybe, the woman needs to seduce him, so she needs to spend some more energy, to get him to move. After she is prepared enough, then perhaps, he will see her clearly, and initiate from his side.

It's all about how much energy she puts into it initially, I feel. If he is not responsive then, it is her fault. Everything lies on her to complete this, that's the way it goes, unfortunately.

To stimulate the man, the woman, needs to seduce him, she becomes active and he is passive, then when enough energy is placed, then the man, is activated, then the energies, flip around, and the feminine energy in him, activates, so she sees herself in him, and he sees himself in her (waiting) to receive.

Maybe, the feminine energy is always active, and the masculine always passive, and the energies just flip around inside the actual individuals.
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  07:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand Tantra at all, please forgive me.

I think it's a process of finding the two energies on the inside as much as finding it on the outside, too, as much as finding it on the lower and the higher. It's like this will never be complete, although it's completion can be sensed in silence, as a knowing beyond what words can describe.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  08:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with u Kahlia totally....no offense but i did not like the title of this thread ...seems like training a dog...
i am sorry again if i offended u JamieRaddha...please accept my opinion even if it is harsh...but in fact no one can change any one....
all the best really[:)
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  09:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to sleep, and in the dream, i visited this thread, and someone told me, you can only be who you are, then i was listening to like a song someone posted afterwards, then i felt weird, and woke up.

I get really weird dreams sometimes...
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are all responsible for our our own spiritual progress and development, no matter what path it is. Saying its the responsibility for woman is a bit antiquated I'm afraid.

"Drawing the energy upward" is also a metaphor for expansion of consciousness, purification, development and awakening. It is the process of connecting to the Divine and spiritual communion.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  8:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FYI: On non-sexual relief from "blue balls" (Some urologists call the condition "epididymal hypertension"): Holding the breath and lifting a heavy object can provides some relief (similar in some ways to AYP methods that involve blocking the breath). I read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  9:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for all your thoughtful replies, everyone! By the way, maheshvari, I did not initiate nor create the title for this thread; I actually posted a comment in a different thread and the moderator started a new thread with it. I am not offended. Kahlia, I'm not the slightest bit worried about "taking on his energy" or whether or not he is "worthy," but thanks for your concern. We are best of friends and lovers for the last 6 years and just started consciously doing tantra together last Christmas Eve. Yogani, thank you, your reply was very helpful! Last night he experienced vajroli and again this time it happened while linking our chakras, when we got to the heart chakra. So apparently things are unfolding naturally. I shared with him what was discussed in this forum and all your helpful comments, which he appreciates. He did clarify something: I had been under the misimpression that his episode of irritability and "blue balls" was a result of the pre-orgasmic sex, but upon further discussion, he said no, it was simply a function of the amount of time that had passed without ejaculation. He said actually the pre-orgasmic sex has been extremely fulfilling and he does not feel "deprived" at all! So we are thinking he will come with me once on the weekends and then he will experiment with "blocking" if the need arises while he is at home during the week. I then told him the one thing we all agree upon is that he needs his own daily yoga practice, but I don't want him to do it just to please me, he has to want it. He replied, "I am going to do it because it's already making me feel better, and I can see what it's done for you and I want that!" (the peace, bliss and other benefits including getting carded buying wine on my recent 48th birthday and a couple of times since then). I appreciate your input about deep meditation. Asana is essential in the Krishnamacharya tradition that I now practice and teach because we meditate and pray with our whole body. Doing pranayama with the asana actually IS meditation. The breath, posture and bandhas work together to get the energy going, especially in mahamudra, so that when you go to the sitting meditation, you are already in a pretty deep state. But like I said, it doesn't bother me at all that we have different techniques. Some people like to listen to new age music in their meditation, I prefer metal (cuts right through the crap.) To each their own. I've explored many different systems over the years. Technique is not an end in itself, it's just whatever gets you There. I don't really even do kriya anymore. What I like about the style which I am doing now is that it is very organic. I used to have to visualize this, focus on that, etc. Now all I have to do is breathe and everything totally flows (in the spine and all over). The monkey-mind has shut up and I am walking around in a state of mind-blowing Bliss and infinite Love the majority of the time. If I do get off-center at times all I have to do is pay attention to my breath or say the Names and it brings me right back. This is what my partner sees and what he wants. He has experienced it in tantra with me and I think now he is eager to get his own practice going. Thank you so much for all your help! Again, I LOVE this website, you guys are awesome!!! Keep up the good work. xoxo
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  9:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell, we must have both been typing at the same time - just saw your new post. Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  10:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem Jamie, youre most welcome.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  09:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
He replied, "I am going to do it because it's already making me feel better, and I can see what it's done for you and I want that!" (the peace, bliss and other benefits including getting carded buying wine on my recent 48th birthday and a couple of times since then). I appreciate your input about deep meditation....Again, I LOVE this website, you guys are awesome!!! Keep up the good work. xoxo

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing! I have enjoyed reflecting on your situation these past couple of days and now hearing about shifts that are taking place both for you and your partner in this process.

Love,

Be
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  1:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums JamieRadha.
I agree with Maheshwari it's a bit different from training in general. What's fascinating about this "fabric" or array of techniques is how they gradually facilitate each other:
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
...a balanced array of techniques regularly over time, whereby the transformation happens gradually by degrees. (...)
IMO, fits perfectly into the Internet era: Tantra is not just 1 (guru, silver bullet, text, ...) - it's more like hypertext (cross-connected by lots of links)

You might even browse through Kahlia's thread here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=9617#9617

Neither yoga TTCs nor good books, like B.K.S.Y.'s Light on Yoga, helped me in getting to grips with sexual energy; this book and many others mentioned the celibacy path and the householder path, but forgot the Tantric path (where the necessary technique came from, BTW.) Consequently, brahmacharya (the 3rd Yama) is causing confusion in the yoga community, bandha, mudra and pranayama being penetrated to very little depth, although Tantrists often claim that asana is mostly a meditation (or bandha, or pranayama) in a non-seated posture; for a long explanation for yoga teachers of how these exercises relate to Kundalini energy and the Chakras, I'd suggest a book by the late Swami Satyananda Saraswati, for example the Kundalini Tantra www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Tan...006842&sr=1-1 . But, although by a Tantrist, it doesn't explain how to increase the mutual exchange of Ha and Tha energy without a loss of semen (vibrating, stimulating certain spots inside the woman, etc). A good source is Diana Richardson, especially when it comes to static, meditative lovemaking: www.reuniting.info/wisdom/di...ardson_tantra .
In my experience (a man) it's easy to get her point about the male-plus pole at Mouladara and the female-plus pole at Anahata, while circulating the energy through both bodies, transforming "plain" arousal (and the risk of ejac.) into a wholebody/twobody intensity.

Although learning is stepwise, technique by technique, I definitely agree with Yogani it's an array of (interlinked) techniques.
L and L
_/\_

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Jul 19 2011 02:46:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  3:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be, thanks again for your feedback. HathaTeacher, I personally don't have a problem with the word "training." Athletes, dancers and musicians are trained and so are yogis and yoginis. Whatever. Kahlia's thread is wonderful. Good to know other folks are experiencing similar situations. I completely agree with you about the confusion over the use (or misuse!) of the term "brahmacharya" in modern yoga. Yogani and I had a conversation about that. The books you mentioned sound very interesting indeed. Thanks! I will check them out. I've been doing tantra for about 31 years, mostly solo and to a large extent relying on God/the inner guru, as good resources (like this website!) really have not been available until relatively recently. Until a couple of months ago I actually did not even know that other people were doing this or that my own practice was part of an established tradition. Seriously. It's so nice to meet you guys.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  4:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This probably belongs in a different thread, but by the way, speaking of brahmacharya, you folks might find this amusing: Many years ago I used to hang out with the Vaishnava Bhaktas (Hare Krishnas) who, as you probably know, have about the same attitude towards sex as the Southern Baptists (total celibacy for singles and sex within marriage for procreation only). In terms of our relationship with the Lord, the Hare Krishnas advocated a strictly "adore Him from a distance" approach. You could fall madly in love with Him but you couldn't have Him under any circumstances. But, I recall one time their explaining that although lust is bad, the one form of lust which is allowed is lust for Krishna (can't remember the Sanskrit term). You weren't allowed to ACT on it, of course, but I was happy to know you could at least get away with feeling it. Well, I just recently discovered in some discussion on the internet (can't remember where) that it has since been decided that lust for Krishna is NOT allowed after all; only "liberated souls" are permitted that particular bhava! (and of course we are all told that we are not liberated). I also read an interview with Prabhupada where he actually says that Krishna did not have sex with the gopis. Oh please! (where is the smiley face with rolling eyes?) Well, I better get to work now. I can see I am going to be spending a lot of time on this site.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  03:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...attitude towards sex as the Southern Baptists (total celibacy for singles and sex within marriage for procreation only).

IMO., not significantly different from more mainstream yoga schools, the Tantric path being sometimes forgotten, sometimes omitted/censured intentionally.
The late Belgian yogateacher/forerunner André van Lysebeth said in Tantra: the Cult of the Feminine that orthodox Hinduism regarded Tantra much the way orthodox Christian sects do: labeled as "indecent." He believed that the name Left-hand Path (Vama Marga) was originally coined by orthodox high-caste teachers as an insult. Quite self evident sounds, or statements about physical organs, were given restricted, figurative, "religious" interpretations instead, causing some confusion for a thousand yrs. or so.
http://books.google.com/books/about...aZJugGFrqAcC

(But, as Satyananda wisely put it, certain techniques can make sex more spiritual.)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  04:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep very true Hathateacher.... about how orthodox teachers regarded the left hand path
Andre Van Lysebeth was an excellent teacher too....
Go to Top of Page

jenniferad

47 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  09:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My husband and I were members of a new age church which was influenced by Theosophy and the I AM movement. The church was called Church Universal and Triumphant. According to their teaching, the goal of life is the ascension. The idea was that the ascension happens through transformation of the person, and it was acknowledged that the ascension energy is indeed also sexual energy, but it was not taught in a practical way how to accomplish the goal of transforming sexual energy into its highest form. There were teachings about prayer, and behavior, and personal development, and service to life, but when it came to sex and kundalini, there was no guidance available, other than to be celibate if not married and not engage in too much sex if married, avoid pornography, etc.

We were also taught not to do anything about kundalini energy or to try and influence it, and my understanding was that if anything happened with kundalini it would happen naturally, and problems could be created if a person intentionally tried to awaken the kundalini. That's about all I knew when I experienced the awakening of kundalini all on its own in my own body. It would have been a lot easier for me if I had the teachings of AYP years ago.

We left the church many years ago and their membership is declining. To leave out the central aspect of human spiritual transformation is kind of a problem for an organization that claims to have a teaching that will lead a person to oneness with God.
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  1:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would check out one of diana richardsons books. Her method alows this to happen efortlessly. Also read cupids poisoned arrow and at this forum: reuniting.info
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  1:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few more technical ways of achieving this that is fairly safe is Dr Lins method as described on alchemicaltaoism.com and the key sound method and the aneros. THe forcefull clenching of the pc muscle stuff is often dangerous and not really that helpfull.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000