New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  9:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure I shouldn't d take it too seriously either but, when they affect my mood for the first part of the day it's kind of hard not too. I remember hoping these dreams wouldn't last much longer and now there not finally. Hopefully I'm coming close to the end of this phase.

So far I haven't dreamed of anything consistently it's just soooo random that it doesn't make sense

One thing is for sure just when you think it's slow and it's getting boring next thing you know something knew pops up and make things interesting again.

Edited by - JR8036 on May 19 2017 9:46:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  07:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason ever since yesterday I have been feeling good. And with this stupid grin on my face. How do I go from hating meditation to loving it? I feel soooo good from sitting almost can't wait to sit again.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  08:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A strange thing happened last night. All I was doing was watching tv. Didn't even notice it till I gasped for air. I had STOPPED breathing a couple times!! Ever since that happened breathing has not been as automatic as it should be. It's almost like I have to check in on myself to see that I'm breathing. If it was during a sit I wouldn't even pay any attention to it. Except it happened when I thought I was fully awake!

Hopefully it was just a fluke and everything will be back to normal. Life isn't as fun no more that I have to check in with myself.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  4:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You probably experienced a breathless state.
This occurs naturally as your meditation deepens,
nothing to worry about.
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

A strange thing happened last night. All I was doing was watching tv. Didn't even notice it till I gasped for air. I had STOPPED breathing a couple times!! Ever since that happened breathing has not been as automatic as it should be. It's almost like I have to check in on myself to see that I'm breathing. If it was during a sit I wouldn't even pay any attention to it. Except it happened when I thought I was fully awake!

Hopefully it was just a fluke and everything will be back to normal. Life isn't as fun no more that I have to check in with myself.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  6:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jean. That really caught me off guard even scared me for a bit. As today went on I felt much better than I did last night.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  6:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OMG, almost wish I had a sudden awakening. Looks like it's gonna be a long drawn out process.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  06:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be careful what you wish for
A sudden shift in consciousnesses can be more problematic than a gradual one.
Take the case of Suzanne Segal for example, she struggled a lot when it happened.http://realization.org/p/suzanne-se...llision.html

quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

OMG, almost wish I had a sudden awakening. Looks like it's gonna be a long drawn out process.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  9:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was a stressful day, and what made it worse was something instantly picked up on my higher level of stress and shifted it into a higher gear. Today was much better than yesterday just gotta get myself back to a comfortable level.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  10:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be nice also to fall asleep some night and not have anything bother me either. I almost forget what it's like to just lay in bed and be comfortable without a care in the world.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  03:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can use a body scan in bed or cosmic samyama. Bringing the attention to the body or practice cosmic samyama will leave no room for thoughts and worrying.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  2:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious if you are trying to sleep shouldn't you keep your mind quiet? Not busy?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2017 :  12:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mind becomes quiet If you practice this before sleep.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  10:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jean

One thing to keep in mind is that's not some foreign energy invading your system although it feels sometimes like it.
It is the energy of your own being which is awakening. So in the end it is a relationship with your own self.

In order to mitigate discomfort in k awakening, it is essential to continually remember what Jean said in the above quote ... remain present, stay with what is ... let go and allow oneself to be sanctified, purified, cleansed. To acquaint oneself with the mechanics and elemental forces involved of FIRE and WATER, Shakti and Shiva, may be especially helpful in the beginning of an energetic awakening.

FIRE (Shakti, purification, longing to be free, burning through blockages, ecstatic passion) is an upward moving force.
WATER (Shiva, blissful peaceful divine presence, liberation, self realization) is a downward moving force.

Their union is that transformative divine love which holds the universe in place. To get out of your own way and allow this union, this divine love, this ultimate fulfillment ... is to become reacquainted and reconnected with one's true self on a deeply cellular physical sexual/ spiritual level.

Over time one's awareness is opened, purified and stabilized to the point where it doesn't matter what illusions of hell are moving through and around oneself ... because that with which one identifies, is free from suffering. The suffering becomes superficial relative to that divine state of deeply purified awareness. One is then deeply rooted in one's essential true nature and therefore no longer tempted to distraction by the illusion of pain and pleasure.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  11:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is what I am struggling with. When my energy stays at one level for a certain amount of time I am fine I can handle that. It's when it starts to ramp up another level when I can feel it and what I struggle to deal with.

Very few times I can deal with the level up but, most of the time it's just plain miserable for a day or 2 till I get used to it.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  10:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes these are the kundalini cycles.
After the energy ramps up the body struggles for a couple of days to balance itself out again.
But this gets easier over time since the energy has not so much "work" to do.
It is usual the first few years which can be challenging but
this depends a lot on the condition of your nervous system.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  10:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Somehow a way was found to deal with the bizarre symptoms that could be neither understood nor accepted. It was found that the energy was taking me somewhere either kicking and screaming or letting go and allowing it. In the beginning, magnetic as well as bimetal bracelets helped a lot to calm down the energy, and they are still useful. Even before it was apparent this was k awakening, I intuitively tried talking to the energy - urging it to be consistent, rather than spiking or surging. And I disciplined myself to remain in the present moment as much as possible, which makes a big difference Simple breath meditation helped too. Once you get used to staying with what is, you find there is something that remains constant through all the discomfort and energy fluctuations.

It was connecting with that something that facilitated a smoother transformation.

Edited by - parvati9 on Jun 26 2017 11:01:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  5:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is how I meditate is just a simple breath meditation. Just watching my breath. I will say majority of the time it is what works.

Probably doesn't help that work speeds up for a couple days then slows down for a couple speeds up for a couple. It's normally more consistent than that but have to deal with it for now. Most of the time work is a very huge grounding opportunity.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  06:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Something that is really disappointing is ever since I quit smoking my voice has gradually gotten worse!! For whatever reason my voice was better when I was smoking than it is now. Uugghh!!

I thought that when I quit things would get better. Sigh....
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  07:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The road to excellence is always under construction
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  10:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By purification of the throath area the voice might change, could have a cracky or not clear sound but also this will pass. Alltough this could take some time.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  5:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, that is what it is doing is cracking from time to time. It doesn't do it all the time yet.

So far nobody has said anything. From the ppl that know me if they say anything I'm sure they will blame it on the smoking even though it's been over a year since I've had one.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  10:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
2 weeks ago I bought a hammock. I have been spending almost every night in it since then. For whatever reason it seems to be the best thing I have bought in a while.

Not only have I been getting better sleep but, I no longer struggle to get to sleep like I have been for a long time. Sure I still feel K from time to time but, it's not like it used to be I don't know how to describe it.

Why is a hammock such a game changer? I finally found a reason to make me "want" to go to bed instead of just knowing I have to go to bed.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This morning I woke up with a scar on my face. Did some quick research and some things I have read said it's related to stress? My job has slowed down I can't imagine it would be because of that.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  12:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The last couple days during my sits, my legs start to shake and eventually my waist will jump in and out. Then my body starts to twist around and shake almost like a snake. Hope this don't last long!

I'm starting to miss just being still and silent.

Edited by - JR8036 on Jul 15 2017 1:56:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  08:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Feels like I am being forced out of my over sleeping habit. Man I really wanted to just lay in bed most of the morning. But, someone else wanted me to also I guess. Couldn’t hardly stand it so I had to get up.

I mean today is Sunday have I have no plans. I miss the days when sleeping in felt good.
Wish I would hurry up and get that dreamless state I could care less if I have another dream the rest of my life!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000