New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  4:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Wish I would hurry up and get that dreamless state I could care less if I have another dream the rest of my life!

For me dreams are distorted echoes of my experience, and welcomed as it's essentially Guru In You. A movie just for you, no need to rush out of the theatre!
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  5:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know what sci fi flicks and my dreams have in common? Both are so bizarre that you know neither one is gonna happen in real life.

Maybe I should be careful what I say because for a long time I was real stable. Now it seems to be acting up on me big time.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  10:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do I want out of the theater? They are not as entertaining as when they first started to happen. I see them as annoying more than entertaining.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4378 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  03:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Strange and erratic dreams are a common experience for people who are going through a kundalini awakening. They don't last forever. They are caused by prana clearing out obstructions in the subtle nervous system. During the day, the clearing of these obstructions can sometimes be experienced as powerful thoughts and emotions and at night they can sometimes be experienced as powerful or disturbing dreams. It is the same process happening in both the conscious and unconscious mind.

If you are practicing meditation every day, then in time things will settle down and you will enter a new phase which is characterised by peace and stillness and joy. The whole process does take time, so it is useful to cultivate the qualities of patience and equanimity to see you through the more turbulent times. Meditation will help with this as well.

Make sure you are engaging in grounding activities every day as well as your regular spiritual practices as this will help to bring stability to the whole process.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  08:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi, yes I do enjoy meditation. Currently I’m in another phase that it gets harder and harder to do. I imagine I’m closer to yet another break from meditation but, I don’t want to. I want to keep going. Not sure if I can though.

Like I said for a long time I was really stable from the energy. I might have went through yet another ramp up of energy which makes it unbearable at times.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4378 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  1:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

If you are finding meditation to be unbearable, then of course, taking a break for a while is necessary.

Better than this though, is to recognise the symptoms of energetic overload early and self-pace your practice accordingly. This means finding a balance of practice timings and grounding practices, that will work for you over the long term, rather than using a stop-start approach. You can regulate things as you go, making adjustments as needed. Self-pacing is a fine art and it can take years of practice to get it right.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  5:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You becoming a skilled surfer, surfing the waves of the shakti.
Some days the sea is rough, but you know that it will become calm again. When you fall off the board just jump back on

quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Thank you Christi, yes I do enjoy meditation. Currently I’m in another phase that it gets harder and harder to do. I imagine I’m closer to yet another break from meditation but, I don’t want to. I want to keep going. Not sure if I can though.

Like I said for a long time I was really stable from the energy. I might have went through yet another ramp up of energy which makes it unbearable at times.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  5:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi, the last time that I did take a break from meditation I completely forgot about it for about a week or 2. I was quickly reminded of meditation when my mind was ready for it again. Maybe that is what my issue is. I have been trying my best to meditate twice a day. Perhaps I’m still new enough that that might be too much for me.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4378 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  6:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

It is not really a question of how new you are to meditation, but rather, how sensitive you are. If you are especially sensitive to spiritual practices, then there are things you can do other than using a stop-start method.

Many of these are covered in lesson 367:

Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

The following 8 lesson additions may also be useful for you to read.

See also lessons 417, 381, 381.1,
368 and 368.1.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  9:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks. This is pretty much the first time in my life that I have really looked at things or tried to look at it spiritually so to speak. I can see why I would be sensitive to things.

Seems like I find when I get enough sleep I know it almost immediately because it happened again this morning. I wanted to lay in bed longer than I probably should have but, k started to stir big time again. I layed there until I absolutely couldn’t bare it no longer then I just gave up and got up.
Go to Top of Page

sarika

India
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  04:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How are you feeling now??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000