Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 I was awakened by watching a picture of a guru.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PureandClean

India
18 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  02:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was binge watching youtube videos all the way till 5 in the morning i know it's crazy but i came across these kundalini videos which involve a teacher or guru giving shaktipath and the disciples are going all the way crazy. So after watching those videos i visited their official website and there was this picture of guru which made me want to meditate on him. so i imagined that guru's picture between my eyebrows and surrendered! Slowly slowly energy started building up and i started doing some pranayama and asanas automatically. I started shaking my hands and shoulders crazily. I became afraid of this experience so i wanted to stop it. As soon as i wanted to stop it, it stopped. But again when i surrendered it started again. In the middle of all those shaking experiences a light current started ascending my spinal cord. But it didn't go all the way up. It stopped in the middle for a very long time without causing anything. Then i fell asleep and the next morning i woke up with more awareness and wide eyes wondering what the hell happened!

See the real question which is here is I can't go to this guru because i have to live in this city which is very far from this guru's place. I also have to complete a lot of responsibilities.
I can't really devote myself to spirituality right now.

But I can't live without yoga also because it brings joy and peace with in me. Yoga helps me to maintain my celibacy also. My practices of yoga are also not that advanced. It includes only - simple kapalbhati, jal neti, nadi shodhan, and some simple basic asanas.

I am afraid that if i do yoga now then i will awaken my kundalini without preparing myself( i am still a fat loser who can't even find a girl friend). I don't want to become mental or face the kundalini psychosis.

I thought about leaving yoga but without yoga i can't live. I believe that i will become a weaker person. There will be no joy in me without yoga. But if i do yoga then i am afraid i will awaken kundalini without guru (which is dangerous).

Please help me.

EDIT- Luckily i was able to call the guru on his number and he picked up. I discussed the whole issue with him. He said kundalini was aroused because i saw his photo. So i will be just doing simple yoga without any fear. Guru cleared my doubts. He said surrender to god and he will take care of the rest.

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 24 2017 05:29:19 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  06:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PureandClean,

Welcome to the forums.

The experience that you had was the experience of kundalini awakening, or at least the beginning of it. Your yoga practices have likely purified your body to the point where this could happen, and if you continue with your practices, it will be very beneficial for you over the long term. So there is no need to be concerned.

It is nice to have a physical teacher present to give guidance, but not everyone has that luxury. Not even in India- the land of spiritual teachers!

Navigating your way through the process of kundalini awakening is not really that difficult, and you have got off to a good start. So don't worry about it. If your yoga practice is safe, then everything will unfold as it should without much fanfare.

The practices that you are using at the moment are good ones. They are very gentle practices and they are all practices that are used at various stages in the AYP system. I would recommend that you add a daily meditation practice to your routine. Not the visualizing a saint at the ajna chakra though. That is not a safe practice for someone to begin with, or even for someone at the intermediate stages of practice. It is best to start off with something more gentle, such as a mantra.

If you read through from the beginning of the AYP lessons, they will guide you through using a mantra for meditation and then other practices which are safe for purifying the body such as Spinal Breathing Pranayama. The lessons begin here:

Lesson 10 (The first in this series) - Why This Discussion?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  7:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forum. Agree with suggestions given above.

Happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  05:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  6:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a long time ago i saw a photo of a famous internet yogi whose big in india. its like my mind blinked as well as my pc monitor and every light in my room. agtleast thats what it seemed like. im still not sure what happened .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000