New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We can do this!( even if it's a little scary)
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  09:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol! Scary is an understatement!!!

Most of the time it's ok. It's those odd days that gets me.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know it's an understatement, but you'll get less scared as time goes by.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  8:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's good, one more thing I got going for me is harvest is done!
Which means even less stress for me thankfully.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  8:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight's sit was an interesting one. I heard cracking in my head, kinda like hearing a wood floor cracking. That was followed by a surge of warmth in my chest and feeling good after and a stupid smile across my face for a while.

I guess these are just more signs? Hopefully nothing to be serious about.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your intuition has always seemed quite apparent to me. It may sound mean, but go with what you think.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  9:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, I don't think it sounds mean. I did a little research on it and what I have read says it's a normal side affect of meditation and it's a sign of doing it right which I can't imagine. In a way it's kinda weird cause my house does have wood floors and I hear them crack also which I rarely do hear that when I'm awake.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  5:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's amazing, at first I was worried I wouldn't know what I should be doing. In the beginning for some reason I despised doing yoga. Then the more I looked into it the more curious I got. The more curious I got about it the more I wanted to try it. The more I try it the more I want to do it. Which is one of the reasons I guess that I am now tired. Lol. Guess I need to take a break for a while.

How on earth am I finding I am doing the things I need to be doing as time goes by!?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am so proud of you for listening to your intuition even though your mind was spinning.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

It's amazing, at first I was worried I wouldn't know what I should be doing. In the beginning for some reason I despised doing yoga. Then the more I looked into it the more curious I got. The more curious I got about it the more I wanted to try it. The more I try it the more I want to do it. Which is one of the reasons I guess that I am now tired. Lol. Guess I need to take a break for a while.

How on earth am I finding I am doing the things I need to be doing as time goes by!?

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  12:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can remember in the beginning some of you told me my life will change and I will not recognize it. Even in as little as what 5 months I have been here? My life has already changed enough that I hardly do not recognize it.

Most of the changes I like, a couple of them I still question but I am sure in time I will like it all.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2016 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I can remember in the beginning some of you told me my life will change and I will not recognize it. Even in as little as what 5 months I have been here? My life has already changed enough that I hardly do not recognize it.

Most of the changes I like, a couple of them I still question but I am sure in time I will like it all.

It takes a brave soul to embark on this journey because it can be tough at times, but it's the only path worth taking.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  07:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here recently I have been experiencing some different things when I sit. I love meditation but, my legs have been starting to shake. My arms shake some, and even my head has been swaying back and forth from time to time.

None of it is violent it just gets annoying at times.

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 05 2016 07:41:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  07:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Shaking is quite common when kundalini is in it's early stages. It is caused by prana moving through the channels and is nothing to worry about. It could go on for a while, but eventually will settle down. You may find that the shaking only happens when you meditate, or when you are calm and your mind is centred. This is because prana responds to stillness.

The head swaying back and forth is caused by prana moving through the side channels and purifying them. Again, it may last for a while, but will not last forever.

Good things are happening!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  07:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ty! I was a bit nervous when it started glad it won't stay forever and it's nothing to worry about.

I really love meditation now and don't really want to stop my practices

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 05 2016 08:14:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  08:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I really love meditation now and don't really want to stop my practices

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  4:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more question I am going to be on a airplane 30,000 ft in the air in a couple days is there anything I need to know before I go? Or just wait and see how my body acts ?

I always liked flying before just not sure about it now.

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 07 2016 4:10:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  4:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there is one thing you should definitely know before you get on that plane, and that is:

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  5:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol...thanks bodhi I wondered if that was going to be the responce I got. Oh and I'm sure I'm supposed to forget about k the whole time I'm gone right? Lol
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  7:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini is life, bro. I know that sounds trite, but it's true.

It's not something we have to regard as some alien force. It's Mother Nature, plain and simple. It's the body, it's the energy, it's the breath, it's the flow, it's many things big and small.

Only the spiritually pretentious try to portray kundalini as some esoteric element being wielded by a few. That's a misunderstanding. Kundalini is with everyone. Everyone. To be alive, one must have some kundalini. It's just that we get certain bursts and openings, and then we suddenly proclaim: "Now I've had a kundalini awakening." But what really happens is just an incremental shift, rather than a binary switch from off to on.

This is my understanding and experience.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  07:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry that was a bit sarcastic. Still trying to learn to live with it. Sometimes k turns my brain upside down and inside out which makes it difficult at times.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  09:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR,

Just have a good time wherever you are going. You'll be alright.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Still trying to learn to live with it. Sometimes k turns my brain upside down and inside out which makes it difficult at times.

I would advise trying some affirmational self-inquiry, such as thinking to oneself: "I am kundalini." That way, there's more unity, and less conflict. If you mentally and emotionally feed the idea that kundalini is going to turn your brain upside down, or make things difficult, then you will perpetuate an antagonistic relationship. However, if you mentally and emotionally feed the idea that kundalini will nurture, enrich, and enliven your brain, and make things enjoyable, then that's exactly what will happen. Symbiosis. Homeostasis.

Yoga is for merging. In every man, there is a woman. And in every woman, there is a man. And there is the Spirit beyond gender.

I think Chevy Chase said it best, when he said, "Be the ball." Watch this and liberate your mind!: https://youtu.be/sWH811TcckU
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  10:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In a creative mood I framed today a nicely colored buddha and hang in on the wall next to the front door. It says What we think we become
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000