New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See that's the thing I can't wait for it to happen now. (Never thought I would say that!! lol) Don't really want to be sleeping now.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible that I stopped breathing during meditation? Because I gasped for air during tonight's sit and it woke me up because of it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  11:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a slowing down and even cessation of breathing is a symptom of purification and opening. It's not something we deliberately try for. We just let it happen, as you did. Keep going with the flow.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  06:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like you said I wasn't trying for it it just happened. It was a bit scary since it was the first time.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  2:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omg!! Somebody! Please! Help me turn off this laughing gas for me!! Lmao!!

But seriously now that I can think. I hope I can control myself in public!! That was an odd afternoon and I'm sure I am not done yet either.

Edited by - JR8036 on Oct 03 2016 4:49:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  10:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody knows about the laughing that I talked about? The more I look into it the more I'm not liking the reasons behind it.

Surely I can't be the only one that experienced this.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  11:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know about the laughing.

Work that diaphragm, boy! Don't stop until you're crying tears of joy and your stomach muscles are sore from the pulsating contractions. It's mostly spontaneous, not forced or contrived.

Just self-pace and contextualize. That helps with the public aspect of things. We want them to laugh with us, so throw 'em some jokes, insights, empathic warblings, and so on.

Don't forget to breathe deeply and return to homeostasis when the euphoria fades. The stillness is the foundation of the ecstasy.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  12:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omg, the past couple days I have been vibrating like crazy. When I am moving about it isn't that bad. However, when I sit down on something that is not moving it's not long that i start to feel them. Is this another one of those things that I have to get used to that just gets higher as time goes along?

On a side note I finally broke down and started researching yoga and did a couple poses for now.

Wtf is happening to me?

Edited by - JR8036 on Oct 09 2016 2:20:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2016 :  3:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're getting tuned in.

Good job looking up the poses. We have to align body, mind, and spirit.

Peace, JR.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  09:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please tell me things will get better. Had another dream that weirded me out pretty good. IT wasn't a nightmare but it wasn't far from it. The only thing that keeps me sleeping is I know I need to. Otherwise I get nervous right before bedtime.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  09:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything will change, always. As you feel, sometimes everything will be perfect in order, your order. After that you will feel miserable, you are nervous, sad, happy, then again nervous, happy again.

That's the reason we do yoga, to be able to see that we are the ocean, and not the waves. Waves are part of the ocean, but not who we really are.
Learn to surf the waves and that is what you do, it takes time.
Best wishes JR

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 26 2016 09:55:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once I was sitting with a group in San Francisco doing a guided meditation. The leader would say helpful things in between stretches of silence. Things like: "Easily come back to the breath," or "Let thoughts come and go." You know, the usual. He was calm and reassuring. After one of the regular bouts of silence, he matter-of-factly said: "There's no way you can f#@k this up."

It was one of the wisest, most perfect things I've ever heard--the ultimate affirmation of the unshakable nature of inner silence, really.

Yes, there are proper techniques and correct ways to do things, but it's very comforting to tell oneself (and others) that we cannot disrupt the eternal foundation of reality. Even if we feel out of touch with stillness, or distant from the source, we can do some inner affirmations to keep the faith.

Dreams in sleep are scenery. They come and go. But at your core, you are beyond the coming and going of scenery. Breathe into that reality, and relax. Relaxation doesn't necessarily mean to stay frozen. Maybe it means to move about in a playful way. Maybe it means to read a light-hearted book to help you wind down into the sleep stage. You could give yourself a massage. There are a multitude of options. No shortage of solutions.

Just remember: There's no way you can f#%k this up.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  5:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charlie and bodhi,

Those were some words that I really needed to hear. And yes there for a while I felt just fine actually I felt so good I really wanted to quit doing the things I have been doing lately and hope that this will all go away. But, k has suttle ways to tell me that she is still in charge. (Sigh).

Trust me Bodhi, if there was a way to f*ck it up I will find a way. Lol
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  6:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  7:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Trust me Bodhi, if there was a way to f*ck it up I will find a way. Lol

Stay gold, JR, stay gold.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  10:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How can you say stay gold when I have always taken the easy way out of things when most things I have had choices in. But, with this there is no easy way it seems.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  01:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is in favor of the easy way, hence the operative phrase "easily favoring", when it comes to the mantra and other techniques. Easy doesn't mean being lazy or lackluster (well, maybe every once in a while ). But what it mainly means is that we can glide, slide, and somersault forward by taking the path of least resistance.

We can challenge ourselves and achieve progress, but the manner in which we do that is of significant importance. I'm constantly learning the art of easily favoring in massage school. As my teacher says: "Work smart, not hard." I also had a tennis coach who would emphasize playing with "easy power", meaning that the best kind of power comes with finesse and fluidity, rather than strain or over-exertion.

Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Like you, I have difficulties at times, so I'm not denying that. However, I try not to feed the belief that difficulty is something permanent on the path. Difficulty is an obstruction that is dissolved and transformed en route to mastery. That's all it is.

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  2:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

How can you say stay gold when I have always taken the easy way out of things when most things I have had choices in. But, with this there is no easy way it seems.

JR
Remember that you're learning to accommodate the flow of a much greater power/ force than what you're normally used to. With ongoing purification and blockage removal .... a multitude of incremental adjustments are being made daily, conscious as well as unconscious. There are two easy ways. But most of us have to try everything else under the sun before recognizing or allowing them. Those 2 ways are: 1)complete surrender and 2)negotiating with the energy.

In the beginning, we usually attempt exerting our authority over this force. Then, after much agony misery and lack of success, we find out through making it harder on ourselves that this kind of control is not altogether possible. However negotiation is entirely possible and do-able. So we learn that. The nature of the Goddess does not permit indulging weakness, but rather streamlining a path to her beloved Shiva (enlightenment). If you will allow that this is Her indisputable mission (it is not up for debate), you will make it a whole lot easier on yourself. Eventually as we begin to trust both the k energy and our ability to negotiate with it, we become one with it ... i.e., we surrender completely to it. However the entire process may take years (decades even). In the meantime, one day at a time, have patience, trust the process, trust yourSelf.

Many on this journey will assure you that it does get better .... beyond your wildest dreams .... oh yeah ....

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  6:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks parvati,

I thought I new that the part you said that it is "NOT up for debate" meant but, I guess I still don't know what it means yet. Because I am still trying to get rid of it especially when I do feel good.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  10:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So many adjustments we learn to accommodate. We're radically transforming on every level, so it isn't possible to get our old lives back. Trying to remember what it was like, I think I had to get used to a rocking or swinging motion ... swinging from one extreme to the other ... going with that, not fighting it. Like from ecstasy to despair and back to ecstasy again. I learned not to take either extreme too seriously, identifying with the middle ground inbetween. That's where I rested and found my being.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Oct 28 2016 3:06:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR,

I get a little nervous before an opening in the pm/ night. It's usually 2-3 days prior. I wouldn't worry too much. It's okay to be a little nervous.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  7:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice, guess I will have to learn not to fight it. I am sure you guys are tired of putting up with me by now.. lol.. I really appreciate everybody here.

Guess I just need reassurance that it will be ok after it's over.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  7:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Before an opening?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  9:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like energy moving in a "new" area or another energy awakening.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  07:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I can definitely feel something new is happening. I can't really describe it yet. I can feel it especially when I meditate closer to 20 min for some reason.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000