Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 AYP Asana Starter Kit - next step?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  10:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm looking to expand my asana routine sometime this year, no rush. But want to start researching things. I'm enjoying them more and more.

Is there an "Expanded Asana Kit" for AYP from Yogani? Or any recommended additions from the community? It seems to me that the AYP asanas are about a specific goal (spinal flexibility), so I would assume that there were specific asanas that could be added to further this aim. I am just unaware of the goal of any specific asana.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  11:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogaman:

Yes, there is an expanded AYP asana routine, provided as an add-on to Lesson 383 in the AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2 book.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  6:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, had not been aware of that one, very interesting postures in there!

Is there a list of all added "significant" materials, which are in the books and not on the webpage?

I have skipped asanas for several months now, but this one calls for "try me out" :)

Thanks Yogani
peace

Edit: Ok, here we do have two lists, but this one can be overseen very easily:

http://www.aypsite.org/book-additions.html (AYP Vol 1)
http://www.aypsite.org/book2-additions.html (AYP Vol 2)

Edited by - Holy on Apr 08 2014 8:06:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  01:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Yogaman:

Yes, there is an expanded AYP asana routine, provided as an add-on to Lesson 383 in the AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2 book.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Many thanks! I was not aware, like Holy, that the book versions of the lessons differed from the online lessons. Guess I have some more reading to dig into. Looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000