Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Meditation Query
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

parulag05

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  01:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everybody,
I am new to the group, but have been meditating for the past three years. I have a question regarding one of my experiences, hope I get an answer here.
During meditation, when I reach a state of intense love for my Guru, I sometime feel a lump-like thing in my throat and intuitively want to move it upward, which I am unable to. Any idea what it could be?
-Parul

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  07:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parul,
Welcome to forum. I don't have an answer to question but if you move your post to the Satsang cafe there is a better chance to people seeing and replying to the post.
mathurs
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  08:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parulag05

Hi Everybody,
I am new to the group, but have been meditating for the past three years. I have a question regarding one of my experiences, hope I get an answer here.
During meditation, when I reach a state of intense love for my Guru, I sometime feel a lump-like thing in my throat and intuitively want to move it upward, which I am unable to. Any idea what it could be?
-Parul

Welcome to the AYP forums Parul.

What is your practice routine?
Do you practice any form of pranayama?

It may be a throat block and it will dissolve in time. Adding spinal breathing and/or Chin Pump Jalandhara may help loosen the block.

If you are practicing AYP, we don't recommend you add both practices at the same time. Add the spinal breathing, and then once you feel stable in it, then add the chin pump.

Also, not sure how long you meditate. Maybe cutting back on your meditation time will help.

Here are a few lessons that may help:
Lesson 338 – Bhakti – You are the Doorway
Lesson 339 – Your Chosen Ideal
Lesson 341 – Bhakti and Self-Pacing
Lesson 340 – Transforming Emotional Energy for Enlightenment
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parulag05
-Parul

It reminded me of this:
I felt a strange sensation in my throat. I spat against a wall. A mass of black phlegm large as a soapberry rolled down the side...Suddenly, just at that moment...I realized what it was that had escaped me until now: All things are perfectly resolved in the unborn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankei...nlightenment

Hope its helpful in some way.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000