Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 I've decided to get a new tattoo.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  8:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
....for those of you who don't know me, I have quite a few tattoos. I've liked them because they've served a purpose for me. They've served the purpose of reminding me of the past and of the things that have been important to me. I have tattoos to remind me of the time in life when all I cared about was riding my snowboard or skateboard. I have tattoos to remind me of the anarchistic, anti-religious rebel I used think I was. I have tattoos to remind me of the part that hallucinogenic drugs have played in my life. I have tattoos to remind me of books that have opened me up to new ways of seeing things. I have tattoos to remind me about my love of doing yoga and playing music and of girls and more.

But today, I came up with a new reason to get a tattoo. I'm going to get a tattoo to remind me of the present. The new tattoo is going to be on my knuckles. It will say "__SILENT__" ...an underlined space "_" on each pinky finger and then "SILENT" on the middle 6. The point is to remind me, every time I see this tattoo, to pause and let the mind be silent even just for a moment... to remind the mind to stop talking for a second. Action doesn't need to stop, just the mental labeling/narrating/judging/comparing/analyzing/etc of the action (or non-action). To remind me to just be pure, unlabeled experience for a moment.

If this doesn't work, I'll get it tattooed on the inside of my eyelids.

Love!

P.S> I've decided to post this in the Bhakti forum and not the Other Systems forum simply because this tattoo/practice is a product of pure devotion to the moment.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

When I saw the title I thought... "Carson has space for another tattoo? "
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  10:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

_/|\_
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  09:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool Carsonzi, also sounds rather painful... Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pick a spot for the new tattoo. Then, don't put one there. That will be the signal to you to just Be.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  9:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a consult with the tattoo artist today... have booked the tattoo (paid my deposit) and will be getting it done on Friday afternoon.
May the Silence only deepen.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please share pictures of this when it's done, Carson. Sounds awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

This reminded me of an "uteligger"...("what's the word in English...you know ....someone who is on the street begging...sleeping outdoors) I met in Dublin.....it was after a Satsang at Oscailt. He was just sitting there and I remember walking up to him.....talking to him and giving him some euros....and he had the most shinging eyes I have ever seen....He extended his hand towards me and on the knuckles were written L - O - V - E

Everything just imploded inside me and my heart went "zing".... Louis was there too....he told me that Denis...that man....had a place...tent or something like that.... up in the woods outside Dublin. As shabby as he looked...he could very well be one of the happiest men in Dublin :)

Anyway..........just wanted you to know that your tattoo may have an even bigger effect on the people that will be exposed to it.

May deep peace and truth be with you on Friday

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Katrine and All

"Uteligger"... hmmmm, perhaps in English it is called "homeless"?? Hahaha

Your post reminded me of working at the homeless shelter here in Calgary. Some of the happiest, most "full" people I have ever met in this life were homeless. Absolutely full from the inside... nothing needed anymore... not even a home. I hope one day to be as full, happy and silent as many of these people already are. Have a long way to go, but I'm hoping this tattoo will help. If nothing else, it will be a "conversation starter" as are most of my tattoos. A great way to broach the subject of Inner Silence with complete strangers.

Much Love!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"Uteligger"... hmmmm, perhaps in English it is called "homeless"?? Hahaha

That's it! Homeless Thanks Carson

quote:
A great way to broach the subject of Inner Silence with complete strangers.

Jepp
So you can forget about the inside of your eyelids

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  10:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome Carson, would be great to see it once it's done
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll post a picture on my FB page later today Yonatan...

Love!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  10:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tattoo is done. You can see a picture here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=652785382

Now if we are talking in person and I blank out for a minute, just tell me to sit on my hands.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  01:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  06:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe Carson independently you also get just 'Ent' on one of your hands
like in Tolkien's Middle-earth that looks like a tree . Sil also has a bunch of abbreviations e.g. 'Society for Individual Liberty'

I like the font. Best of luck with the new tattoo :))

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  09:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, Carson!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000