Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Can any females here control the menstrual cycle?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  04:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This part of the board seems to be dominated by male discussions of sexual energy sublimation.

I am wondering if any women have achieved a condition where they are able to control their menstrual cycle at will. And if so, what advice they could give other women to achieve the same.

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  9:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a male, but as I see no one's responded yet I thought I'd let you know that in Diane Stein's book "Essential Reiki" she gives Ki exercises specifically for women:

"Another possible effect of doing these exercises daily is the 'turning back of the blood' itself. For some women, estrogen levels can decrease enough to stop the menstruation cycle." (p.87)

Diane derived these exercises from and credits "Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao" by Mantak Chia. I have an electronic copy of this book if you're interested.

Phaedris
Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  05:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone asked me for a copy of the book and where in the book to find the exercises. I've only read the first 80 pages of Mantak Chia's book so I pulled it up and did a search for certain keywords associated with the exercises. I couldn't find the exercises, although I tried several searches. I re-checked the references in Diane's book and she refers to p. 383-385 in Mantak's book - but my copy of the book has only 195 pages! So I guess I can only recommend Diane's book. Highly recommend, actually.

Mantak's book is good because it is very thorough and proceeds much slower than Diane's. Also given are techniques for safety - kind of reminds me of Yogani's lessons, in a way.

Phaedris
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  08:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

I am wondering if any women have achieved a condition where they are able to control their menstrual cycle at will. And if so, what advice they could give other women to achieve the same.

Nope.

But it has become lighter and for a shorter duration (of course that could be age related too). This has been the experience of a few women at the forum (don't think it has been discussed here though, so cannot give you a link).

The other thing that is experienced by many is the decrease in the duration of the "lows" experienced before and/or during the cycle, and increase in energy levels, that may cause some excess purification symptoms.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5076
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=808

The ladies I have corresponded with were only following the AYP practices. Spinal breathing, along with mulabandha and sambhavi will result in an automatic pulling of energies toward the upper part of the body.

The practice that Phaedris has talked about from Diane Stein's book "Essential Reiki" is similar to the Deer Exercise.

Hope some of this helps.

Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  1:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Over the years I have noticed a direct correlation with my practice and its effect on the menstrual cycle but it is subtle. Pain during this time is decreased and I experience less hormonal fluctuation. At times the onset of menstruation can fill me with a great feeling and abundance of energy which is ecstatic and the contractions of the uterus during this time can bring great pleasure.

I noticed that my cycle naturally adjusts itself to the lunar cycles and that I usually dream that it is coming on just before it starts every month. Infact I have become intuitively aware of where I am at in my cycle just by being able to sense it. It can make a woman feel a bit like a biological machine going through all these changes time after time every month.

Spinal breathing, mulabhanda and shambhavi as Shanti suggests are all great. I have also found deep meditative visualization of the uterus and ovaries over the years has helped immensely to increase my reproductive awareness. Visualizing ones reproductive organs internally and circulating energy in this area is also soothing at that time of the month. Ovarian breathing and breathing in and out through the chakras I have found also very helpful.

It is also good to record ones cycle so that one knows what is going on with the body and this makes it easier to get intune with the process.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000