AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Amrita
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  09:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I do not know much about this but I would like to know if experiencing this on a regular basis is good or bad for a woman? Is it depleting? Does it have a positive or negative energetic or biochemical effect?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amrita is not depleting, it actually can make you feel high.

Here are a few lessons on Amrita:
http://www.aypsite.org/304.html
http://www.aypsite.org/133.html
http://www.aypsite.org/T62.html

Hope they help. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  12:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti!

Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  1:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So experiencing this daily is not a bad thing then?

I guess I am asking if it is wasteful of ones energy and can it lead to hormonal and other biochemical fluctuations?

Go to Top of Page

Anakletos4

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  7:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I believe it does the opposite. It increases energy. If there is a loss of energy in the beginning, it will probably subside with enough practice.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  7:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia

So experiencing this daily is not a bad thing then?

I guess I am asking if it is wasteful of ones energy and can it lead to hormonal and other biochemical fluctuations?

It normalizes. At first it feels like a high. That stays for a few days/weeks and then it normalizes. The body gets used to it. :)
Here is my experience with amrita:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5395#48190
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

A few months back I went through a phase of increased soma production (after every meal and meditation had a feeling of being gassy, bloated), and this would be accompanied by the production of large amounts of amrita. This lasted for about two or three weeks after which I have been experiencing a constant flow of amrita. There is a sweet very slightly minty taste in my mouth all the time.. which increases with meditation, energy practices and kechari.

At first when the constant amrita experience started, it felt like being on Oxycodone. It was a feeling of being high (intoxicated), a feeling of well-being, a cut back in thoughts making me feel completely present. I felt very clear headed and completely grounded when I was engaged in activity, however when I sat down to watch TV or meditate.. I felt really high (floating) and fuzzy headed for a few mins followed by the fuzzy headedness being replaced by a very focused/meditative state, a state of being very present.

I talked to Yogani about the intoxicating effects of amrita and he said, amrita can be very intoxicating, however since it is produced by the body in a few days the body gets used to the high. And sure enough, after 2 or 3 weeks of feeling intoxicated, the "high" feeling was gone, however, the feeling of presence and amazing clarity is still very much here.

I was pleasantly surprised to read about amrita (the Biology of Kundalini) after experiencing it (I am quoting a small part, read the rest of the article.. it's very interesting).

http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rystalPalace
The Crystal Palace

The opiate substance secreted from the pineal gland during Samadhi has been variously called Nectar of the Gods, ambrosia, amrita, and the Living Water. Gurus like Sai Baba claim to materialize amrita and can shaktipat others into generating their own nectar. It is said that to experience amrita is to be bestowed with immortality, that is to be freed from the cycle of birth and death...hence liberated. The term Amrita is Sanskrit for "elixir of immortality," it literally means "deathlessness". This has obvious parallels to "ambrosia" the name of the classical Greek "food of the gods" which means "no death."

During shaktipat, inner-conjunction or through initiation in meditation this nectar is produced and drips down the back of the throat. Perhaps an associated phenomena to the generation of the nectar, is the intense light of a Thousand Suns that occurs sometimes during its "manufacture." This secretion gives one the experience of Timelessness, and being a divine God or Goddess. It is "sweet" in taste and in sensation--it is described as nectar, honey, gold dust, euphoric, ecstatic, intoxicating and gives the feeling of being imbued with holiness.

"My own experience of amrit is that it started to occur to me during times of very concentrated, long periods of sitting meditation, and usually happened while practicing the Khedari Mudra (tongue upward on palate). It would then occur spontaneously without the mudra and at times during the day for no apparent good reason. There is a definite sweet taste involved with a sort of swell of ecstasy experienced as well that can last for hours, perhaps days. It is always extremely pleasant and 'heightening'. The subject/object perspective can stay largely intact while experiencing 'Amrit' and one can remain highly functional (as opposed to a samadhi that transcends all body awareness). I do not recall ever being aware of amrit during a heightened experience of inner light (which tends to drown out and overwhelm any other perception)." ~ Michael Roark

Another article from the same site:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rtConnection

I hope this helps.
I will reply to your other post in a couple of days.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  05:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000