New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  06:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy,
Clear your Caches on your computer. Then refresh the page. I couldn't see mine either at first, till I cleared the Caches. Your browser keeps pulling up the page in the Cache memory.

Regarding the Japa in each chakra, you do this at the second level when you are trying to penetrate the chakras "one by one". At the first level you are trying to reach subtle breath and have the awareness inside the Sashumna. I never liked moving my awareness up the spine chanting om in each chakra. You could not stay on a chakra long enough to get anything done. And then there was too much of the mind dedicated to the mechanics of the technique (Am I at the right chakra location?, Am I going to get to the top with enough air). Reread what is on Ennio's site and also what is on originalkriya.com.

I and others who are doing this feel the same way as Ennio, and most of us have been to all the other "gurus" that you have been to. This Kriya is very strong, but you have to focus on Kutastha. If you drift off it looses power. Luckily it is easier to stay focused due to all the om chanting into the Kutastha.

I really feel that this is the real deal. Each day of practicing this technique seems to bring more deepening. And this is even without the initiation or personal instruction of the technique.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  11:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orangesky,

thanks for the info :) Nice to read from you, hope all is fine! ;)

Thanks also @RSS,

have practiced the technique for 1 week, had very good kutastha results, more so than with full spine kriya. But with full spine kriya have more full spectrum results and stability. Am honestly very much happy and content with any kriya. As Italy is not far away, saying hello to the Pranabananda lineage would be easily in reach too :P But can't see myself focusing solely on the third eye for the next 2-3 years. Know how KYI kriya is, also had the taste of kutastha kriya, so where it goes to is also clear.

Would be interesting to hear from you about the epxression of divine qualities in your daily life. The highest quality and full spectrum output here has been always with full spine adressing, including physical happenings, emotional, mental, time-space relevant and independant, aka joy, bliss, peace and grace. The latter components magnify intensly with KYI and also did so with kutastha only, but both did decrease expression in lower chakras. Your observations in your body-mind and lifeflow and in others (practicing different styles) would be welcome to read friend.

All love and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  06:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy,
Didn't you just get done quoting Lahiri two posts ago regarding Japa in the chakras and not doing so results in tamasic Kriya? With KYI there is no Japa at all until you get second Kriya, which is at least 3 years out. Even at that, they give it out in stages with a few years in between each stage.

I did KYI for quite a while and was not happy with it. I felt depressed or just out of it at times. Another teacher told me a long time ago that not doing Japa is like sweeping a room and not picking up the dirt. Also, there is the constant crown concentration right from the beginning that is frowned upon all over the place on this site.

One week is not enough time to make a determination about a system. I suggest you practice it much longer and put KYI on the shelf for this time period. Also, make sure you are fully concentrating at the point between your eyebrows and chanting om into the center of that point.

Also, spend some time going through Ennio's writeup http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/files/...a%20Yoga.pdf and the stuff on http://originalkriya.com .

One more thing; during his trip to USA and Italy, Sri Mukherjee plans to teach us everything that we will need to get to completion and not spoon feed us every 3 years. He told me that we will not understand most of what we need to do at this time, but when we reach the various levels of development we will know what to do. To me, this speaks volumes about the teacher.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  11:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear RSS,

thank you for your deep care :)

Have heard from some KYI practitioners about depressive phases, think So-Hi had also reported about them. At the same time also know quite a lot very nicely advanced and capable KYI yogis and yoginis, some of them roaming in cosmic states.

Am not practicing KYI kriya, except occasionally in groups when meeting Manga or her sister or to motivate my mother when we go to such group meetings :P But some additional crown paradise from time to time always is a nice remeberence of the crown beauties in smoothest nonduality.

Am into classic om-breath-all-chakras kriya since Shibendu. Although was endlessly happy with Gurunath's kriya, where om and breath is seperated, wanted to give myself to the classic offering including higher kriyas. Am very happy with it, except Gurunath's crown finisher was very nice, now we have more kutastha focus too :)

This body here is very responsive, one week is shurely not enough, but had a very good feel of cause and effect of Pranabananda's kriya. Really loved its intense and smooth kutastha opening with very nice savikalpa samadhis, also of new kinds to this body-mind here. The offer is also very nice from Sri Mukherjee, if he really wants to teach all in one shot. God shall decide in this (=

If the current practice is not satisfying, learning something new is understandable. But if it is, what to say. Already was happy, finetuned with classic kriya and am again happy :P Our samadhi boy would say, that we have a luxury problem here, choosing between types of blisses, joys, ecstasies and life flows (= May all have this type of a problem.

Peace and happy practice friends :)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  01:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking of taking a week of leave soon. This technique sounds beautifully simple. I am going to give it a go. My only fear is 108 Kriya breaths sound a lot for a non-kriya practitioner like myself.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  5:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Think of it like a session of Deep Meditation for roughly 45 minutes I find it easy to apply the AYP Principals of easily favoring the mantra, but use a mala to keep track, the biggest difference between this and deep meditation is that you are keeping the focus between the eyes and chanting OM 6 times while inhaling and six times while exhaling knocking OM at the point between the brows during both.

One is advised if they see anything to attempt to look in the center of whatever may be seen.

Deep meditation is more simple.

This is more under the hood theoretically purifying the 6 chakras by doing this as each om is said to automatically purify a different chakra even though you do not notice it.

Unlike deep meditation it is easier to keep the mantra as you have a fixed point. Just like Deep Meditation one can loose the mantra and come right back.

Unlike Deep Meditation the up and down linear motion generated by AYAM or I AM Mantra of deep meditation is not present.

The Om Mantra tends to be more circular at the fixed point and reminds me of dropping a pebble in still water with the rings that vibrate out from it, only here it can also work in reverse. Rings coming to a point.

After the first 28 or so repetitions things tend to become more intense and the more you do approaching the 108 the more intense things can become.

After effects in daily life are good,calm and focus remains nice other Kriya traditions tended to produce questionable side effects at times or over loads where as this Kriya is much more stable and sustainable daily.

I think this is because the other lineages all focus on touching the individual 6 to 8 Chakras by traveling the spinal nerve and in doing so one naturally gives more awareness to which ever one may be most easily perceived at the time and this does not always mean no matter how good they feel that it is the best thing for us as it can cause overloads.

For example increased Sexual hunger or decrease from visiting the first two chakras and even abnormal appetite either too much or too little or digestive issues from the third. Swings of Love and or intolerance from the 4th center.

As you get into the 5th center either too much talking or too little

As you get into the sixth not much reaction other than either being very analytical or fogged mental faculties.

As you get into the seventh there can be allot of issues to include identity issues as you cease to identify with your own life and as RSS described depression because the things of the world just no longer interest you and as the things that were once known and enjoyed become alien to you like a pizza having the same value as saran wrap it causes imbalance but on the flip side extreme Euphoria and freedom from this existence. Here you can also expect issues with short term memory to crop up if there is imbalance and at other times Really blow people away by being able to repeat entire conversations verbatim that were had weeks ago.

These are all unbalanced and while one pole is enjoyable the opposite is equally un-enjoyable.

This is not to put down other Kriya lineages this is just to say Kriya should not be played with.

Unlike AYP Kriya does not have a support system outside of Organizations where you re forbidden to even talk to the person who took initiation right next to you instead being told to talk to a counselor or a Swami and who knows if they are even legitimate or knowledgeable because they will only give you answers that have been approved of by the hierarchy.

But I digress.

Kriya of different lineages has a learning curve to adjust to before things smooth out but even then it can creep up on you.

Of all the Kriyas I have explored I would have to say this is probably the most balanced I have come across.

I attribute this to the OM mantra being placed in the command and control center of Ajna between the eyes.

Other than that the OM mantra by itself without directed focus might cause problems as it might set up unpredictable vibrations anywhere in the body due to it's circular nature.

I have noticed that at the end after doing mahamudra then sitting for a while that the eyes want to be open and Due to advice from other Kriya Teachers my habit is to keep the room dark and early in the morning all is dark anyway. The eyes like to open while sitting and they have been in Sambhavi mudra naturally for some time but when open I clearly see a yellow glow that resolves into a ring.

Should be interesting to read what you see Sey.

AYP Deep Meditation is also more relaxed and can be allot stronger than this Kriya it can also take you quite a bit deeper with half the time and has a strong effect on the heart chakra to the loving side which is a great set up for AYP Samyama.

This version of Kriya tends to keep one more grounded in the concentration phase of Yoga with mild Samadhi, and relies entirely on the peaceful sitting after Mahamudra to enter the deeper Samadhi States.

This is a looser approach to things and the sitting from session to session afterwards tend to be different each time through a mild range of stillness.

AYP Deep meditation produces a stronger degree of stillness stunningly so at times.

AYP Samyama creates briefer more intense glimpses of Samadhi states.

kind of like a machine gun where as Paravastha is like oil being poured. Until it goes deep. Paravastha is just different and my analogies are falling apart sorry.

I feel the purification of the Nadis is also far more gentle and the effect on the chakras far more balanced than what is found in other Kriya traditions not allowing one that is more active to really get loose no matter how good it feels and lead to in-harmony later.

So that is my review. Have also Practiced 1st Kriya Pranayma of Parmahmsa Hariharananda directly after this form of Kriya Pranayama to good effect.

Do not know what the long term effects might be but short term led to a day where everything was very bright and a cheerful good mood.

I am curious even though I can't make it to the April / May U.S. visit nor Italy how does one apply to learn from this guru and what does it cost all I see is an announcement on the Ennio website.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I was thinking of taking a week of leave soon. This technique sounds beautifully simple. I am going to give it a go. My only fear is 108 Kriya breaths sound a lot for a non-kriya practitioner like myself.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  8:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
At present I don't see myself doing anything but AYP, however thank you SoHi for the review. There are so many ways to attempt this yoga puzzle, and I don't have the time or inclination to investigate them all. This is fascinating reading none the less.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  02:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Eyes wanting to stay open during sittings I have been experiencing with AYP for quite a while now. Yogani also advices against keeping them open during sittings. That is because of an intense pressure and bright clear light from the medulla part at the back of the head. This happens practically all day long as well. It is a state of clear Awareness with no thoughts, no judgement, no preference, just Being. Always the intense pressure precedes and accompanies this state. Can anyone comment on this?
I was also very interested to read about the link between the elements and the chakras. I also reported on this some years back but as in AYP this is all under the hood , no one wanted to discuss it. My early years of SBP always involved moving up and down within a column of fire or water or earth or air or disappearing in inner space; typical was a mixture of fire and water.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  09:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey, I would like to hear more about why Yogani advises against eyes being open what you wrote did not really explain it well to me.

To be more precise the eyes being open only really happens towards the end of sitting before getting up and often there is a bit of a transition going on and I know it is time to get up but there is resistance to moving.

As for pressure at the Medulla:

I used to have that quite often before Kechari, during Kechari of the first step which is before going up and above and once full Kechari stages 2,3 & 4 there was a change and no more pressure, just flow so I think you are at a stage of development especially if you get headaches at the base of the skull like I used to before Kechari.

The slight pressure and I do emphasize the word slight at Medulla is one of the things that occurs at the same time as a specific kind of Ecstatic conductivity that heralds & ushers in and causes the formation of full Kechari for me. Unless this happens I do not form Kechari and only stay at AYP described Level one.

My thoughts are as you might have guessed that you are getting ready for Kechari in the subtle body so it would be a good idea to be practicing Talabya and Level one Kechari if you are not yet able to form the full version because of the body.

Concerning the elements what you describe is found in many traditions.

I am going to send you a private message with information on resources you might be interested in as to do so here will hijack this thread.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jan 16 2016 12:05:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  12:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand completely Dogboy and you are welcome.

This particular lineage has gotten my attention and I just thought people need to know what it is like from someone who has been around the Kriya world a bit and also AYP.

I always say I think AYP is best for the Majority of people but hate to act completely like an AYP Snob to those who are drawn to Kriya.

Many rivers one ocean. From what I can tell this is a good river, should be interesting to hear what people who learn from this guru in person report after his visits to Italy and the United States.

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

At present I don't see myself doing anything but AYP, however thank you SoHi for the review. There are so many ways to attempt this yoga puzzle, and I don't have the time or inclination to investigate them all. This is fascinating reading none the less.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  12:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

I would like to hear more about why Yogani advises against eyes being open...

Hi So-Hi:

The reason is a very simple one -- to reduce external sensory distraction in awareness during meditation. The same reason why we don't play music or converse with others while meditating. If eyes come open during meditation without sensory distraction in awareness, then fine, but this is not usual for most, beginners especially.

It is true that we can meditate on trains and planes and in busy places, but that is different than deliberately opening our senses and attention to external stimuli. In other words, best if we not be deliberately engaging the senses while meditating. That would include attempting to meditate while watching TV, which I know is not what you are talking about.

The guru is in you.

PS: Here is a related lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/31.html
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  01:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Ops ! I wrongly placed my sentences in that last posting. It gives the impression that Yogani is saying not to keep eyes open because of pressure in the medulla. That is not the case. I meant my eyes keep wanting to stay open because of pressure in the medulla. Note it is not a headache. It is just a sense of pressure. To me it does not even feel like overloading, requiring self-pacing. It almost feel like "the edge between realities" - . Ok maybe I am being fanciful.
I have tried practicing talabya and tried getting into kechari proper , my problem is that I end up with rash-like burnings in the mouth and I have to back off.

Someday I hope.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  09:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It almost feel like "the edge between realities" - . Ok maybe I am being fanciful.

Hi Sey,

When I read your first post yesterday, the experiences you describe of just Being. I felt that you are about to pierce the 7th chakra. That's how it was here. There was no thoughts, judgement, just being. I was sitting on the couch and there was a movement on the spine and both the hemisphere of the brain readjusted. The being was gone and there was dissolution. The veil was removed, everything I thought about the world up to that day was erased. What I thought was real all my life was not.I'm no expert regarding the subtle body. Just sharing my experience.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 17 2016 10:16:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  09:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, Thanks SeySorciere
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  04:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sunyata - if that does happen I will be sure to report. People often report on entering the crown or third-eye gateway as an event. Does this have to be an event or can it just be a slow progression whereby there is no noticeable "event" - just the results?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  08:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say it can be different for everyone and need not be an " EVENT"
but I would be lying if I told you that it was not eventful when it came to pass in my life.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Thanks Sunyata - if that does happen I will be sure to report. People often report on entering the crown or third-eye gateway as an event. Does this have to be an event or can it just be a slow progression whereby there is no noticeable "event" - just the results?

Sey

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Back on the topic of this thread, I have been looking to see if anyone updated it answering my earlier questions. Seeing that no one has I went back to the Ennio website and saw an email address posted for the United States and from there looked up the domain.

Turns out they are making progress getting this thing together over at www.kriyainfo.com and they have listed AYP as a site of interest.

They list AYP as being
quote:
Out of all the Yoga sites out there, this one is one of the very best for asking questions and being treated kindly with respect.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  09:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sey

Hi Sey,

I had a spontaneous awakening so I had no clue what was going on. I have read accounts of people hearing roaring sounds and the energy moved up the spine in one go. A lot of what is written are by practitioners that have been meditating for years. They go through a lot of experiences when doing their Sadhana. It was different here.

Now that I have the knowledge and able to reflect back. There was the experience of the light body and everything being Light. After that, the energy hit each chakra one by one over a period of few months. When it hit the solar plexus- I cried for weeks, day and night, all sorts of fear came up. What I consider third eye opening happened in my sleep early in the morning. The head was filled with light. I had visitation from the ascended masters, woke up to Yogananda laying his hand on my body. Babaji and other masters coming in my vision. Shakti flowed through the body. One evening after my evening puja (pray) at my altar, I was putting tika ( red dot) on my son's forhead- the energy flowed through my hands to him and we both shook up.

Crown opening happened in an instance. It felt like a thousand pounds had lifted off my shoulders. All beliefs, concepts was gone. Everything was one. After that I could not speak- I would open my mouth and no words would come up. Memory was gone, I could not remember people's names. I could not hold conversations and didn't want to walk because I felt the legs would hurt the ground. How can "one" do this to "oneself". One day I accidentally stepped on fire ants and they bit all over my foot. The foot was swollen but I could not feel anything. After this stage coming back to the world was so beautiful.The heart opening was beautiful. Everything was magical.I was like a kid in Disney world. I was able to appreciate the beauty of everything and in everything.

The magic continues to this day. I feel chakras open and close all the time but once you've pierced the seventh chakra, nothing is the same again for the better.These are the few things that stand out. There were many miracles that happened as well. The integration took 5 years (went through vairagya, unbearable ecstasy,driving blissed out ).Life is a miracle now. I'm able to savor every minute of it. Experiencing Life in the here now.

You have practiced for years and prepared your body mind. It should be a beautiful experience and not so disorienting.

Sunyata

P.S.- Sorry Kriya Yogis didn't mean to take over this thread. Just answering Sey.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 18 2016 11:06:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol you are in good company comment was more about myself I have to watch out I don't derail threads.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Lol you are in good company comment was more about myself I have to watch out I don't derail threads.

LOL. I have to watch myself as well.. The Bhakti filled rants keep flowing. Such is Divine intoxication.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 18 2016 10:30:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  12:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sunyata, So-hi. I think I will ask this question again over at AYP plus. I feel I still need some clarity on this. For those to whom it happens spontaneously - it feels very much eventful and noticeable- for those practicing diligently, I have a feeling you just slip into it without fuss. That is why I spoke of results. What are you able to feel and experience after and I mean long-term after? There are so many layers to everything, it is hard to identify what is happening. In the long run, I recognize it does not matter, but I am a scientific-based person and I would like to understand each step of the process and characteristics.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  02:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
When the big shift happens spontaneously it is not a done event. To integrate the changed perspective in your body and life, and understand what happened takes time and practice. Is my experience. Interesting Sey to start a topic on AYP plus.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  04:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I went over to AYP Plus and was searching for an appropriate Lesson to ask and discuss this question of "entering the third-eye" and found this beautiful lesson which I think more or less answers the question. It is talking about the third-eye and not the crown but I assume the same principles apply. A lesson called From Third Eye to six sense and beyond.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/416.html

There are probably other lessons - so please feel free to pitch in.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
or those to whom it happens spontaneously - it feels very much eventful and noticeable- for those practicing diligently, I have a feeling you just slip into it without fuss. That is why I spoke of results. What are you able to feel and experience after and I mean long-term after? There are so many layers to everything, it is hard to identify what is happening. In the long run, I recognize it does not matter, but I am a scientific-based person and I would like to understand each step of the process and characteristics.

Hi Sey,

I'm sure it's gentle for long term practitioner. But still a change in reality-When the person doing the spiritual practices and the scientific mind disappears. You will know when it happens. After five years- the experience/ Life is happening.. See you at plus and would love to hear from others.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 19 2016 08:48:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When the big shift happens spontaneously it is not a done event. To integrate the changed perspective in your body and life, and understand what happened takes time and practice.

Yes, Charliedog. It took 5 years to integrate. However the increase in clarity and openings continues. They probably never end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000