A Living Kriya Master?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  09:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your journey Sunyata, however we get used to the peaceful bliss and equanimity, I believe also that the journey never end.....
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Thank you for sharing your journey Sunyata, however we get used to the peaceful bliss and equanimity, I believe also that the journey never end.....

Thank you for sharing yours as well. It's finally coming home.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  11:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Heading to Plus to take a look.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  4:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like they hit a snag but have managed to pull out of it. Have been watching the daily updates they do on the site,

http://kriyainfo.com/Kriyainfo%20Progress/

Wishing them the best. Probably a different Kriya group giving them a hard time.

I sure hope AYP never becomes splintered like Kriya did with so many different schools.

For those of you who don't know Christi is heading up certified AYP Teacher Training and I for one think it is a great thing to keep AYP Whole and on the same page both now and in the future.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Have been keeping an eye on this site and they added a blog and some other stuff to it. There is a section on what Guru Dakshina is. Thought it was a good explanation.

http://www.kriyainfo.com/Kriya%20Info%20Blog/
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2016 :  6:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks So-Hi for the links,

they have added a FAQ section too: http://kriyainfo.com/FAQ/

Happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  7:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy, just looked at the Ennio Nimis Website

It appears that the plans have changed for the European trip of Sri Mukherjee the Ennio Nimis site changed what it says.

http://kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

Now the Ennio site is saying the European trip might get organized for Fall

On the Kriyainfo.com site they are no longer giving a date for Europe just saying contact Ennio.

www.kriyainfo.com looks like they are going to make a big announcement tomorrow.

I wonder if the USA trip is getting delayed?

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Thanks So-Hi for the links,

they have added a FAQ section too: http://kriyainfo.com/FAQ/

Happy practice :)

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy, just to update my post from the other day, it looks like they have managed to pull it off for the USA visit after all.

I was looking to see on the Ennio Nimis website if there were any updates to the European visit and discovered that there is no information at all concerning the Sri Mukherjee Kriya Yoga Guru going to Europe.

What I did see is that the Trip he is making to the United States is confirmed they have already purchased the airplane tickets for him.

There is allot more information at the www.kriyainfo.com website.

Should be interesting to see if anyone posts there experience here after they learn from him.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  3:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

thanks for the updates! :)

Most probably there are not enough interested people, who have contacted Ennio in regards to Europe. Or other reasons like the visa made problems. Had researched the place in Italy and it would have been quite hard to reach too. Some more centered cities with easy access via trains, buses and flights would have been a better choice. Perhaps in fall as you say :)
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  10:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy,
There were plenty of interested people for the Italy portion of the trip. The problem was getting the Italian Visas in time as not to mess up booking the USA trip for April 1. Separating the trip gives Ennio more time to make arrangements and get the appropriate Visas and at the same time allows the USA people to finalize plans (to book airline tickets, rent an apartment, etc).

FYI: The USA trip is rapidly filling up. I believe there are only about 10 initiation slots left.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  2:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks RSS for the info, take So-Hi with you. This time obviously holy will not be able to report first hand :P

Peace and happy practice (=
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  1:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy I wish I could go, but have previously scheduled plans with work and family stuff that are in conflict with the USA trip for scheduling.

Had thought about going during his first week in the USA could have just barley made that visit but it got filled up.

I was actually considering Europe more, around June, mostly because my wife would like to see Italy and it would have been interesting to meet Ennio Nimis, then that would have been 3 good reasons to go but that doesn't seem likely to happen now.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  9:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

Europe is sweet in fall especially ;) Perhaps Ennio can manage the event till then.

Peace and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

Ehtoni

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  11:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RSS

Holy,
There were plenty of interested people for the Italy portion of the trip. The problem was getting the Italian Visas in time as not to mess up booking the USA trip for April 1. Separating the trip gives Ennio more time to make arrangements and get the appropriate Visas and at the same time allows the USA people to finalize plans (to book airline tickets, rent an apartment, etc).

FYI: The USA trip is rapidly filling up. I believe there are only about 10 initiation slots left.

RSS,

How did the initiations go? Was it successful? I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to meet him for initiation. Did he mention if it was safe to practice all of the Kriyas in that document without initiation?
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  3:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone, good topic on here.
I have one question though.. (E.K. / Holy or anyone that wants to give his/her opinion)

I read you E.K. and Holy (?) didn't enjoy J.C. Stevens' Kriya Book (on amazon), because if was different kriya. (?)

I got the new version (2016) and as far as I am concerned, it's not that different from Shibendu's or Ashoke Chatterjee's Kriya. (1st kriya)

Mental Kriya
Maha Mudra
Navi Kriya
Kechari Mudra / Talabya Kriya
Yoni Mudra

The only main difference is Kriya Pranayama.

On Shibendu it's from Root to Ajna/Kutasha
On Ashoke is from Root to Ajna too but after 48 breaths, move to Crown
On Stevens is from Root to Bindu Visarga but after 48 breaths, move to Crown
(there's also a Ajna variation for those who want it, but he says it's not as strong)

All 3 are about placing OM on each chakra as you do spinal breathe pranayama.

This is as far as I know, am I missing anything here?

I think in the end they all work, it just depends on the person / and how fast they work. Some might need more Kriyas, some less. Some person will do better on Shibendu's, others on Stevens, others on AYP.. others on Gurunath's.. (which is OM practice followed by Kriya Pranayama No-mantra version, or so I heard)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by - Domos on May 18 2016 3:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  04:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Domos
others on Gurunath's.. (which is OM practice followed by Kriya Pranayama No-mantra version, or so I heard)

Hi Domos,

Gurunath`s Kriya Pranayama is done with mantra (not OM).

In Hariharananda`s/Prajnanananda`s KYI (Kriya Yoga International) Kriya, Pranayama is mantraless. It´s like this for the first two or three years with KYI´s 1st kriya.

Edited by - orangesky on May 19 2016 07:40:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  06:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Orangesky, thanks for the reply

I knew KYI was more about the Crown, but didn't know it was mantraless. Isn't that completely against what Lahiri wrote? (no mantra on chakras = tamasic)

"Wrong mantra practice at the different Chakras means that Kriya is not being done according to instruction. This causes Kriya to become "tamasic" [of negative nature] and many kinds of thoughts arise while practicing Kriya. This results in the mind wandering about in bad thoughts; the mind does not focus on the Divine."
~The Scriptural Commentaries of Yogiraj Sri Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya: Volume 1, 1 by Yoga Niketan, pag 95/96, letter No.77

About Gurunath's KP, I can't say I know much more than what Holy posts around here! But it seems like it's a good Kriya and can be increased nicely and will give results accordingly.

quote:
Originally posted by orangesky

quote:
others on Gurunath's.. (which is OM practice followed by Kriya Pranayama No-mantra version, or so I heard)

Hi Domos,

Gurunath`s Kriya Pranayama is done with mantra (not OM).

In Hariharananda`s/Prajnanananda`s KYI (Kriya Yoga International), Kriya Pranayama is mantraless. It´s like this for the first two or three years with KYI´s 1st kriya.

Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  08:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Domos,

yes, KYI´s 1st Kriya is very very much about the crown since you are supposed to put your attention on it during many practices within the session, except e.g. Paravastha.

Thank you for the Lahiri quote. Before I started with KYI´s Kriya I knew what Lahiri wrote about mantraless Kriya Pranayama and that he also emphasized 3rd eye focus which KYI also doesn´t have apart from the normal chakra adressing within the Kriya Pranayama.

But I can only speak for myself that from the Kriyas that I gave a try, which is Sri Mukherjees Kriya (strong third eye focus with ALOT of mantra) and Gurunaths Kriya (third eye focus with mantra), KYI works by far the best for me.

Basically, KYI replaces the touching of the chakras along the spine with a mantra with touching the chakras with crown "energy".

Additionally to the Kriya practices, many times throughout the day I go back with my attention to the crown and after a short time (3mins or so) I feel much more balanced, quieter, more peaceful and blissful.

I also find Gurunaths Kriya very nice but for my taste it "produced" too big amounts of prana. I felt it during the pranayama and it made me lose my concentration on sushumna. It made me tired afterwards and my muscles tense.

I read that KYI adds mantra with 2nd Kriya.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  08:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
According to the website www.kriyainfo.com it looks like everything wrapped up and he went back to India not much info though.

I think I will send them an email.

Over at the Ennio Nimis website everything remains unchanged.

Concerning the Stevens book LMAO No Comment.

FYI there is alot more to Shibendu's Kriya than what was posted here or that Ennio has shared you also have the feature of internalized breathing as well as a much different way of doing Maha Mudra and Navi as well.

If you want to learn the intricate details from Kriya teachers you have to go to one and learn in person None of them have a site Like AYP Plus dedicated to actually teaching the intricate details like Yogani does.

Last I looked Shibendu is coming to the United States this summer.

Paramahamsa Hariharananda always said the work of first Kriya was to purify. With him the bowing technique and Mahamudra were most important.

When you get to his second Kriya you get Mantra it is taught in 3 stages and gets very complicated and you will need a good memory for the multiple Bija Seed Sounds used in each Chakra.

When it comes to those quoting Lahiri Mahasaya I would stare any of them right in their face and demand to know a few things before absorbing regurgitated clap trap.

Where you there in person?

Did you hear him say it in person?

If they can not reply yes to either question then I dismiss them immediately as a talking head.

When it comes to Kriya the whole thing is very messy, this person says this, that person wrote that. Yuck!

I wish all of the Kriya people selling there practices would get together in one room and figure out what the hell good they think they are doing the world by acting like idiots telling people coming to learn from them the other guy teaching Kriya is wrong.

It would be nice if all of them would come together in a room and hold a conference and openly discuss what is best in each lineage and formulate a unified approach to offer the world like AYP has.

Here is the truth of the mater they are all saying the other guy selling Kriya is wrong but the scary part is they do not even know what the other guy is teaching so there you have it, the whole thing being called Kriya Yoga today should be called something like.

I'm the only one who is right and everyone else using the name Kriya is wrong.

Hmm lets see an acronym is needed. I got it. IRYW Yoga or I'm right your wrong for short.

Edited by - So-Hi on May 19 2016 10:07:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  10:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Please go and learn in person if you want to learn from Kriya Yoga Institute.

The things being expressed here concerning the practice are not correct.
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi, thanks for your input.
The Lahiri quote is from a written letter to one of his disciplies (he has some and some interpretations of scriptural writings as well) which has been translated from Sanskrit to English.

I think everyone is free to practice the way they want and feel is the best, according to their intuition and Inner Guru (God's spark in yourself).
Some times, the way some school or tradition teaches kriya might not be the right way for you.

I can tell you from personal experience that I have had my practice modified by my Inner Guru, which you would then say it's incorrect Kriya..

Get some basic instructions on how to do your Kriyas / meditation / whatever practice you're doing.
Open your heart and open yourself to God and let God in (or your "vehicle" to God, which is your Inner Guru).
Keep practicing according to what your Inner Guru is instructing you.
Done.

I've been initiated by a Guru once, he's dead now. It was a tough road, and in the end I learnt that what he had taught me was partly "wrong".. but in truth it was EXACTLY what I needed to learn to get me through the path that I had to go in order to be able to reach the "place" where I am now, so that I can look back and see how wrong the instruction was but that it was that "wrong" instruction that led me to the "correct" one, to the current situation I am in right here right now!

It's not as black and white as you write (being the "right" or "wrong" kriya). I talk from experience and knowledge from my inner practices and not from some external source.

We want to become more perfect than what we are now (actually we want to be who we Trully Are, just have to remove what we are not). We want to reach Godhood, to be Oneness with God and full of divine bliss and inner silence. To be constantly full of Divine Love and perhaps help humanity reach the next level. But first we have to let go of the judgement..

Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  11:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello OrangeSky, thanks for your quick reply.

It's great that you've had results with KYI, I'd say keep doing it if it works!

Yes, Lahiri's First Kriya has a strong Kutasha focus, it's actually similar to Han's Kriya (http://www.kriyayoga.com/Spiritual_Treasures.html).

Check it out if you haven't already. Cheers!

quote:
Originally posted by orangesky

Hello Domos,

yes, KYI´s 1st Kriya is very very much about the crown since you are supposed to put your attention on it during many practices within the session, except e.g. Paravastha.

Thank you for the Lahiri quote. Before I started with KYI´s Kriya I knew what Lahiri wrote about mantraless Kriya Pranayama and that he also emphasized 3rd eye focus which KYI also doesn´t have apart from the normal chakra adressing within the Kriya Pranayama.

But I can only speak for myself that from the Kriyas that I gave a try, which is Sri Mukherjees Kriya (strong third eye focus with ALOT of mantra) and Gurunaths Kriya (third eye focus with mantra), KYI works by far the best for me.

Basically, KYI replaces the touching of the chakras along the spine with a mantra with touching the chakras with crown "energy".

Additionally to the Kriya practices, many times throughout the day I go back with my attention to the crown and after a short time (3mins or so) I feel much more balanced, quieter, more peaceful and blissful.

I also find Gurunaths Kriya very nice but for my taste it "produced" too big amounts of prana. I felt it during the pranayama and it made me lose my concentration on sushumna. It made me tired afterwards and my muscles tense.

I read that KYI adds mantra with 2nd Kriya.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  3:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Believe whatever makes you happy.

quote:

Hi So-Hi, thanks for your input.
The Lahiri quote is from a written letter to one of his disciplies (he has some and some interpretations of scriptural writings as well) which has been translated from Sanskrit to English.

I think everyone is free to practice the way they want and feel is the best, according to their intuition and Inner Guru (God's spark in yourself).
Some times, the way some school or tradition teaches kriya might not be the right way for you.

I can tell you from personal experience that I have had my practice modified by my Inner Guru, which you would then say it's incorrect Kriya..

Get some basic instructions on how to do your Kriyas / meditation / whatever practice you're doing.
Open your heart and open yourself to God and let God in (or your "vehicle" to God, which is your Inner Guru).
Keep practicing according to what your Inner Guru is instructing you.
Done.

I've been initiated by a Guru once, he's dead now. It was a tough road, and in the end I learnt that what he had taught me was partly "wrong".. but in truth it was EXACTLY what I needed to learn to get me through the path that I had to go in order to be able to reach the "place" where I am now, so that I can look back and see how wrong the instruction was but that it was that "wrong" instruction that led me to the "correct" one, to the current situation I am in right here right now!

It's not as black and white as you write (being the "right" or "wrong" kriya). I talk from experience and knowledge from my inner practices and not from some external source.

We want to become more perfect than what we are now (actually we want to be who we Trully Are, just have to remove what we are not). We want to reach Godhood, to be Oneness with God and full of divine bliss and inner silence. To be constantly full of Divine Love and perhaps help humanity reach the next level. But first we have to let go of the judgement..

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  4:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Domos,

for starting with the kriya practice or also for keeping it up, written instructions are good. IF you want to finish with kriya yoga, naturally you may want to meet someone who has finished with it :) Then take his/her blessing and also finish.

Have not yet heard of someone who has practiced kriya yoga to frution from read instructions. But progress is shurely possible and depending on you and your will and also your direct connection to the divine, all is possible. Initiation and getting the grace can also happen via dreams, visions while practicing and other means.

After some time practicing, it may naturally happen that you want to connect with those who are practicing the same thing. In that regard kriya yoga does not have any forum, but practitioners keep contacts via phone, facebook, whatsapp, mails, weekly/monthly practices in group meetings, also meetings when the masters do their programs.

Gurunath had a forum too, but few were participating, don't know if it is still active or not :P Facebook is the place for global communication ^^

Perhaps RSS has more infos for us in regards to Sri Mukherjee and the last event in US :)

Peace and happy practice friends! :)
Go to Top of Page

Domos

30 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  07:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy, thanks a lot for your reply

I agree 100% with all you said, I know that to be true (through personal experience).

Peace!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000