A Living Kriya Master?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  07:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SO-HI,

nothing to do if that is your experience. It only shows that different bodies need different practices. DM is a really nice technique, if it works for that body. For me it did work very nice the first year, after that it caused mostly suffering. Kriya under Gurunath was complete paradise for 6 years now and all of his students who (really) practice are absolutely joyed and blissed out people. Among the KYI groups, they were not as joyed out as the pranic pressure was missing somehow, but they were immensly loving and kind, more silent and peaceful in their expression but some of them in their experience were surely beyond duality. Prajnananda himself also had quite a good pranic joy output. Shibendu himself was very nice as a master and capable in putting you into enlightened mode for several hours in come and go. Among his students I had contact to many different ones. Most of them did not practice in great amounts, but there was one young boy, he was quite good into the game and expressed accordingly. All in all have not met too many, therefore I cannot speak for other more serious practitioners of that lineage. And quite some elite guys are close to becoming masters, especially under Gurunath's students who I know personally.

Changes are unavoidable, whenever someone leaves the scene without another one being there to continue his position with at least the same degree of quality, means a realized and capable person, anything can happen very easily. The other interesting aspect is when more than one realized comes out of a system or lineage, automatically you will have some kind of a split, as realization can and does mostly express uniquely. Although masters will aknowledge their past, they will do partly or compeltely new things and due to their state and attraction, different follower groups will form. After some time, when these masters also pass, you will have several new systems and pathways that some how have their same routes but look and expres differently. And this is natural and we will also see what will happen with AYP in 50-100 years. When the first masters will come out, they will especially due to the openness express completely uniquely and differently. Their roots will be AYP but as each of them have some other influences from different sources, what the continuing sharing will be, we will only observe over time. If you look back at the very root, you can see one person and this one is kown as Shiva. All yoga goes back to him and ultimately the one practicing and creating every new system to adopt and refine to changing groups of people is also Shiva, the one Self that is you, me and everyone else.

In that sense whatever works for any particular body-mind,
important is to remember that different pathways and practices do not mean, that we can all come together and cooperate more intelligently to both do clean up the planetary mess and at the same time provide means for both body-mind transformation and self realization. The diversity is not a disadvantage, because if you only have one choice, you will either take it or leave it. If you have more choices, the chance is higher that you will pick up one of them instead of leaving it aside completely. For those breavehearts who want to figure it out all by themselves, they can try their own thing. The options are manifold, what is only missing is clarity about options and reported observations about causes and effects related to the options.

We have different options to buy a car and we know, Daimler will work, BMW will work, Audi will work, Ferrari will work. You can offer all cars in dependence to the unique needs and also attractions of people. Some still will prefer to not drive by themselves and just take a flight or a walk. Others may love more simple transportation means and take a bycycle. There is place for everything, only more clarity about the options are required in regards to spiritual topics, that is all. And I feel it will be our work to set this up for the coming generations.

Happy now and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  12:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Holy,

There is so much in that message that is disagreed with that it is just best left said we disagree.

Will comment on two things though: Change is completly avoidable with todays communications and those yet to come. If things are hidden and kept secretive change will absolutly happen and you will get crusaders hell bent on pointing them out as is the case with Kriya today.

Concerning Shibendu, if you can give that person the title of Master then Yogani certainly qualifies as do certain senior AYP people like Christie for example no need for 50 to 100 years to pass.

Concerning Gurunath you have written allot of things. I have no personal experience of Gurunath or what he teaches other than your past writing and the utube videos.

In my opinion he is a very good speaker and says allot of good things, but what is his history that he should be considered anything other than a talented speaker and a utube personality?

Perhaps you could break down how things work with Gurunath?

For example did he initiate you one on one in person or does he do it in a crowded group setting of hundreds?

Did he teach you one on one in person?

Does he have subordinates like most Kriya Groups that ignore the Guru Chela relationship and teach in his name?

Does he uphold the Guru chela relationship or is it a more loose affair as is seen in other Kriya organizations?

From what has been observed he is likely unapproachable, likely has people initiate and teach other people in his name, probably has a surcharge for every additional technique and relies on the imagination of devotees to do the rest.

Would love to be wrong maybe you can cast some light on this?

Believe it or not from these questions and lack of agreement with you and most of your opinions, I do like this Gurunath personality seen on utube quite a bit and would like to discuss him more here.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  8:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SO-HI,
quote:
In my opinion he is a very good speaker and says allot of good things, but what is his history that he should be considered anything other than a talented speaker and a utube personality?

Perhaps you could break down how things work with Gurunath?
His history you can read in his book wings to freedom, but in short, this guy has practiced kriya for 50-60 years and in amounts ranging to 10+h per day. While he was 23 years old (or 27) he went into nirvikalpa samadhi by the grace of Babaji, which he explains in greater detail in some youtube vids and also in his second book "Babaji". After that he practiced like hell, also met some great kriya yogis like Hariharananda and Satyananda. Independent of his history, after one weekend with him everyone clearly knows where he/she stands in his evolution and what is possible (and also how far advanced Gurunath is). Even among masters, there is obviously a huge difference in amount of energy and capability to guide, this one is surely very very capable in making the life of others smooth and joyful.
quote:
For example did he initiate you one on one in person or does he do it in a crowded group setting of hundreds?
Group initiation with questions and answers (not like with Shibendu, where there are no questions and answers). He also answers questions of your thoughts and fulfills your wishes before you express them.
quote:
Does he have subordinates like most Kriya Groups that ignore the Guru Chela relationship and teach in his name?
You can become a teacher, like our samadhi boy, but it is a long process and you must be seriuosly practicing kriya. There are some capable teachers and some I'd consider soso. The initiation with such a teacher is still graced by Gurunath and he starts interacting with you after that, so the initiation works.
quote:
From what has been observed he is likely unapproachable
You can visit him in his ashram and stay there, practice and also come into contact with him one on one. But surely, the amount of time he will spend on you physically will always be limited, while unphysically he can be with you 24/7 and I have been witness to many people who have reported to me, that Gurunath starts to interact with them by visions, dreams and alsodirectly in the kriya session and when they do not practice, he makes them practice etc. All I have experienced myself, also was reported by others, so in parallely supporting the practitioners he is very very capable.

Few teachers like the samadhi boy also can support you through distance and give you the one or other boost, but the scale and range is very limited in comparison.
quote:
probably has a surcharge for every additional technique
There were times where he was teaching Kriya Yoga basic and advanced, but since some years he is teaching all techniques and does not differentiate.

Among the kriya masters I have met (Shibendu, Mangalananda, Peterananda, Prajnananda, Atmavidyananda, Yogeshwarananda), Gurunath is quite a different league. It may also be due to his mentality, which is not shy and restrictive, but he just overflows the whole group openly and doesnot hold back in showing what he can do for you and is directly doing all with great intensity. There are even some students who are very much afraid of him, because his power is absolutely layed open. And although it is like that, you do not feel anythign wrong in it, there is no show or anything, just open and direct sharing of mass silence and mass bliss energy. I remember one workshop, where after shivapath (all mental activities dissolve and everyone enters into timeless bliss presence with an unknown intensity), Gurunath asked the group if some were afraid of what happened. And 2-3 people put their hands up and Gurunath invited all to the front to take their fear. One of these people was a man who is intensly into his thoughts and words, suddenly all he was holding to was blasted into nirvana :P The other woman was very old, over 70 years old and then seeing all the faces like Yukteswar and others in Gurunath coming and going, I can understand her reaction :D

There are few satsangs he gives for free, especially in the US. Other than that most workshops do cost and quite a lot too. At least it is clear where the money flows, which is his ahsram and the children he feeds there.

Hope your questions are covered,
all love my friend! And happy practice :)

Edited by - Holy on Jul 23 2015 10:04:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  11:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Holy no one can write as you have just done without having seen and done these things.

This is making a very interesting case for this teacher, you mention the workshops are expensive, is that because they are small group meetings which would make sense to cover such personalized attention or is it just huge gatherings and a huge bill to go with it?

Not sold on the idea of telepresence that is a bit out of my bailiwick but having been through enough odd stuff will not entirely discount it.

How large was the workshop you attended for his personal initiation, how many people?

I think there may be something to this Gurunath so encouraging you to write as you have time maybe take us all through the process for example. How does one learn from this person?

Write for the word at large a outline of how it all works.

Part one Read something about this Gurunath on the internet and decided to check him out.

Went to a convention center hundreds of people

Decided to take initiation and why...

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  3:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if this is still a relevant topic to Kriyaban, but there's now a published book by J.C. Stevens, who works with Lahiri Mahasaya's family and the organization that publish's Lahiri's journals and commentaries on the Hindu religious scriptures. Anyways, his book is called "Kriya Secrets Revealed" and is available on Amazon. It's an extraordinarily detailed work on all of the Kriya techniques of Lahiri Mahasaya. He also originally belonged to SRF, I believe. In any case, through all of his searching, he has worked with many Kriya practitioners who initiated others. Whether they were/are masters is something I can't answer, but he could probably lead you in the right direction as well, if Ennio Nimis wasn't able to.

In my personal opinion, after practicing many of the techniques of Lahiri Mahasaya consistently twice a day for nearly a year, AYP's system was not only better, more efficient, and more effective, but significantly easier as well (and which is why I've come back). The Kriyas start simple, much like AYP and SRF, and become progressively more difficult and challenging to execute correctly. It ends up being very exhausting, though there are benefits, each kris being different. I think Lahiri Mahasaya said it best when he said, "Everything can be accomplished with the first kriya."
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperTrouper,

the techniques of Stevens are quite different from Lahiri's kriya and much more complicated too. And yes, the first kriya can be enough if you practice in good amounts. The higher kriyas add complexity, but also efficiency to speed up and refine the process for those willing to deepen the practice.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi just wanted to add Holy is correct the techniques of Stevens publication are different. The techniques published by Nimis are different also.

Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  12:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
In the world today we find that there is a shortage of those who teach Spiritual Practices the way they started out, often they become modified.

Like with Yogani and AYP, it would appear one of the more closely protected lineages coming from Swami Pranabananda, AKA the saint with two bodies from Autobiography of a Yogi fame, have decided it would be better for the world and the people if the spiritual teachings were known in the original fashion they were taught.

Unlike the more open AYP system of practices this lineage still insists upon the necessity of Initiation.

When Yogani started with AYP over a decade ago it was pretty rare to find effective techniques openly discussed. Now it would appears others feel the same way and the work of AYP has helped to pave the way to this non secretive understanding.

Please see this link for Original Kriya. It is of a Kriya Guru in India that has decided to break the age old prohibition and silence surrounding Kriya.

http://originalkriya.com

Also, if you go to
http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html
and click on "New: Document about Sri Sri Lahiri Mahasaya's original Kriya Yoga" the author of the site gives a very good description of the theory and practice of this system.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  12:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link RSS!!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  10:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm, now this is the first interesting thing I have seen on Kriya in years.

You know after reading what Ennio wrote concerning this Guru's reaction concerning all Ennio has shared over the years.....

quote:
He has not asked me (as others did) to erase from
my book all the different Kriya techniques I learned in the past from other teachers. Although he said they are not original Kriya, they represent my past, my toilsome search and should remain. I think that this kind of respect is rare.

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment and applauding Ennio for being so honest and putting this on his site. In fact I find myself liking this person who has been so kind to him, most Kriya teachers would not be so kind or respectful of a persons journey.

With this one statement his entire labor of techniques being shared and the books that have spawned on Amazon from his research have been invalidated as not ever having been Kriya but just modifications.

Here also is a relevant point Ennio and his labors were respected for what they were a persons journey shared with the world.

Wow this is some really powerful stuff and to top it all off Ennio is still producing a 2016 version of his book.

I think this tells us Ennio if nobody else in the whole Kriya mess is an honest Researcher & Historian of Kriya.

So this Guru from India is of the Pranabananda lineage.

This is a pretty secretive bunch as far as I can tell there has been very little ever heard about them other than a Gita that was published on line some years ago by the Guru of this Guru Ennio is talking about.

The techniques as explained and shared do make good sense in that the OM Mantra is repeated in the center of the 6th Chakra 6 times on the inhalation and 6 times on the exhalation.

The 6th Chakra being in command and connected to the lower 5 through the center.

Ok So far so good can get on board with this and unlike all the other versions of Kriya there is no deliberate visitation in each chakra nor just the root and the brow or Muladhara and Ajna respectively.

There is a certain elegance in simplicity here.

In this respect it reminds me of the purification techniques of Yogani, just a little bit, being more global than targeted.

It is almost like combining deep meditation using a mantra with spinal breathing except there is no going up and down the spinal nerve rather all is taking place in the command center of the 6th chakra and automatically purifying the spinal nerve and the chakras.

Very interesting.. Of course in AYP we do not practice Deep Meditation focused on any Chakra nor any part of the body nor do we practice the OM Mantra by itself but as a Mantra Enhancement to IAM. Still there are similarities here.

I wonder if remaining in the sixth center with the OM Mantra in this way prevents overloads?

The only Fly in the ointment I see to this whole thing is Initiation is still being said to be necessary but no one is giving any information as to how one can get initiation and training.

I mean don't get me wrong but in AYP we do not play these games saying here is the technique but it will not work unless you get initiated.

Not against initiation of course have had several but to just trot it out and not bother to follow up with details about how to get initiated, where to get initiated, whom is authorized to initiate it all just winds up falling flat on it's face just like other sources on the web that sell multiple books about Kirya and will not or can not tell anyone whom to see to petition for initiation and personal one on one instruction.

It is nice to read all of this stuff but of what use is any of it if you have no idea how to satisfy the requirement of initiation?

From what I have gathered you would have to go to India and to be honest as an American there is no way I would even consider flying near or over all the troubled lands with all the terrorism going on in order to get to India.
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  1:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi,
Please contact me privately for info regarding initiation.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Always loved Pranabananda, and the kriya explained from his student sounds pretty focused to go into samadhi through kutastha. There are similiarities to Yogeshwarananda's kriya too, which according to him comes from Yukteshwar.

The best is to call it Pranabananda's kriya. Sounds like he finetuned the kriya for faster samadh. As he should still be alive physically in a new body (as reported in the autobiography), it should be possible to ask him and get a direct answer ;).

To my feeling the kriya pranayama always flowed in the sushumna nadi, but may had an additonal continuous focus in the third eye as the most advanced instruction of it. Later some discarded the third eye focus or simplified the whole pranayama to third eye focus only. Independent of both variants, the mid-term flow of life is identical in the kriya lineages, at some point entering the center of the third eye :).

Peace and happy practice (=
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  3:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy seems to me like all the rest we have seen have strayed pretty far off the mark coming up with there own stuff and then calling it Kriya.

You and I have learned from allot of the same people and to be honest all they did was make me doubt they knew what they were even talking about.

In fact one of the biggest things all the rest have in common is varying degrees of complexity and misunderstanding like they are all trying to teach in the way their founder understood but the problem is their founder never understood to begin with.

To make matters worse they teach from there own ideas of how to teach better and this is how things get lost.

When I do not understand something in the AYP system Christi is always swift to point to the AYP Lesson or lessons that covers the topic and he avoids trying to make me understand the way he does.

In fact on the AYP Plus Site where we have far more interesting conversations I have done my best to get Christi to use his own words and he will if you push it, but I found that had I been less of a jerk and just read the lessons as he told me to the answers were right there.

That takes a special talent to be so not driven by ones own ego. Christi is driven by a higher calling to present the AYP teachings the way the AYP founder Yogani taught them and I respect that very much.

I think these people I have met and some of the big utube personalities are frauds and the honest ones never understood what they learned from the beginning and it probably goes back as far as Yukteswar.

Yes there are similarities.

Cats and Dogs have Similarities too, Legs, Ears, Tails.

But when a hound dog starts using the litter-box somehow I am still unconvinced he is a cat.

When the cat plays with a nut I do not mistake him for a squirrel eating.

I like this Sri Mukherjee's message chances are he is the last, best chance for people to learn what was really taught.

Thanks for the Invite RSS but I am already set with my way of Spiritual Practice (Sadhana) were I not I would accept your invitation to learn more about this Sri Mukherjee's initiation of this you can be certain.

Edited by - So-Hi on Dec 02 2015 3:46:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  8:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

researched a little about Pranabananda's life and found out, that he practiced Lahiri's kriya until fruition. Later from a married life-style he took sanyas into the Giri order. Sri Mukherjee met Pranabananda after his maha samadhi in a resurrected body. As most of the changes have something to do with the Giri order, it feels like Pranabananda may have unified techniques from both sources (Lahiri and Giri) to create this kriya.

Just to check if the kriya has any connection with the kriya gurus, practiced it as a late night bonus session. It is a very visual practice, lots of third eye dimensions open up. Was very much happy to see Lahiri's face smiling continuously, after him also Babaji in the scene. Later Yukteswar also popped up, but Lahiri was dominating. It may also be related to the householder kriya practice, that is already going on and the sudden intense third eye focus made the guru's more visible, like "yes here you can contact us much more intensly". Only on the next day I could perceive the effects of the third eye only session, which were quite similiar to the days were Yogananda's "continous third eye focus throughout the day" was practiced. Stillness increases very much, everything comes into tune with the third eye vibe. Due to the lack of pranic guidance through sushumna, all life energies were flowing by themselves from all directions to the third eye, making everything fuzzy and losing focus, while the third eye was dominating the scene. Felt very much unbalanced and zoomed out until householder kriya made it grounded again. Felt very much like a monastic kriya. It may balance itself out with daily practice, as breath and mantra is much more smooth than mantra alone, that is for sure. Still after the sushumna kriya the used to "oh yes" came back, all in all am happy with full chakra addressing. Still this kriya seems to be very potent and a very nice tool to intensly and successfuly open the third eye. The internal cinema was also very much pleasant throughout the session (=

Householder kriya with all chakras equally addressed feels most balanced to me. KYi kriya is the sweetest in regards to crown focused kriya life. This one is very nice, obviously in tune with the kriya masters and very nice for those who are attracted to fast third eye addressing. Also it feels like this kriya can more easily create the telepathic link to be guided by the kriya masters. But it is only a question of amount. With good amount nothing is missing in the other two. Every chakra requires a specific amount of energy to flower to its different degrees of functioning. If you address all, you need more kriyas to make them flower, but then all flower fully. With focused kriya, less time makes the target flower faster with according results. Everyone goes by his call.

You are right in regards to cats and dogs, to correct the statement: In some way all share some practices and others are modified in the one or other direction :D Obviously the kriya masters are skilled enough to boost all variants.

In this happy practice and enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy,

quote:
Sri Mukherjee met Pranabananda after his maha samadhi in a resurrected body.

Where are you getting your information from?
I speak to Sri Mukherjee on a regular basis and this did not happen.

Also, it is my understanding that this kriya was not modified by Pranabananda or others in this lineage.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RSS,

you are right, Indian names sound very similiar sometimes (= The man Pranabananda met with the resurrected body was Bhagwan Kishori Mohan Bandopadhyay according to this source: http://spiritualsoul.net/group/spir...bananda-giri. Mixed it with SHRI GYANENDRANATH MUKHOPADHYAY (Sri Mukherjee) as both have a similiar ending :P Sorry for this!! :)

Regarding modifications it is just our spinning the wheel with So-Hi over the years :). Ultimately we have given up the search for the original, just practice what is best working for us. Personally I love all of the kriyas, had good results with each of them. Continuous focus on the third eye and later crown has been especially seen in the Giri-lineages, not so in the householder ones as taught by Shibendu or Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee. Still yoni mudra goes into it. I think Ennio wrote about a group (Radhasoami) who focused only on kutastha and created a link to Yukteswar and Yogananda. One can read more on their practice beginning at page 189 under this link http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/files/...sh%20III.pdf .

Ennio now being in contact with Sri Mukherjee and you may bring more light into this.

Some excerpts from the first link:
quote:
Srimad Swami Pranabananda Giri Maharaj, a direct disciple of Yogiraj Sri Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahashay, was a Yogi of the highest order. ... During his life Swami Pranabananda displayed qualities of great spiritual ability, determination and sensitivity for the welfare of his disciples. After initiation into Kriya Yoga, his guru Yogiraj Sri Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahashay sent him to the Malava Mountains for sadhana. There he made rapid progress and soon developed into a self-realized being. Subsequently after a period of married life and serving his father, Swamiji took sannyas from Swami Atmananda Giri of Kailash Math. ... Swamiji was deeply concerned with the development of his disciples. Not only in Kriya, he took care to see that his disciples completed their karmic duties as well. ... Swamiji did not make any of his own disciples his successor. Through his inner realizations, he had located that a great saint, Bhagwan Kishori Mohan Bandopadhyay, was residing incognito in Benaras. Even after his passing away, he resurrected himself before Shri Kishori Mohan and requested him to take over his seat, which the latter did with some initial reluctance. Thus the illustrious lineage passed on. ...
All peace friend and thanks for your links :)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Some info on Shri Kishori Mohan can be found here: http://www.akhandamahapeeth.org/web...kishori.html

Sounds like another elite kriya yogi who lived in those times. This source: http://www.akhandamahapeeth.org/web...Lineage.html shows more about the line-age connections.

@RSS, are the students of Sri Mukherjee visible and are there known realized yogis? Or has everything happened behidn the doors and now he is going a little more public via Ennio's site?

Thanks for the inputs and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
From reading the document on Ennios site we know this much.

quote:
I have talked with Sri Mukherjee through Skype. He is a nice person,very likeable and open hearted. He is well-intentioned. He told me a thing that nobody had ever told: ''I don't want to leave this body allowing that this original Kriya dies with me.'' He really wants to do something practical in this direction.
Go to Top of Page

deepak chandan

India
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  10:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello RSS.
I have practiced Swami Hariharananda's Kriya before. In all of my dabbling with spiritual systems, I made good progress with this Kriya only. I gave it up later because not much was happening, and a lot of people who practiced Kriya for years appeared to lack ultimate insights about their own practice. I switched to AYP, and it has been going well. Now again, I have this craving for a more advanced system, something with which I can attain absolute stillness. The discovery of Sri Mukherjee's lineage is fascinating.
Could you give me more information about initiation? I tried to pm you, but it gave an error saying I had too few posts to email other users.
Go to Top of Page

dwizzle36

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  12:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RSS

Holy,

quote:
Sri Mukherjee met Pranabananda after his maha samadhi in a resurrected body.

Where are you getting your information from?
I speak to Sri Mukherjee on a regular basis and this did not happen.

Also, it is my understanding that this kriya was not modified by Pranabananda or others in this lineage.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  12:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I decided to try the practice of this Guru's Original Kriya as it was given on Ennio's website and can relate it is not like the practices of Paramahamsa Hariharananda.

It has more in common with what Shibendu Lahiri teaches as the high number of repetition alone produce a certain beneficial effect. The number needs to remain at 108 because lower numbers fail to reach certain states of awareness.

The high numbers have nothing to do with mildness or effectiveness of technique rather it allows for a certain something and many certain somethings of discovery moments to take place when you least expect them that otherwise do not with lower repetitions and what these are, are states of awareness so not so easy to communicate at all, nor do they need to be as being able to relate through words won't work anyway.

This is not as trying or stressful to the nervous system nor does it tend to cause upheaval in the centers which later can be disturbing to the mind and ones emotional state but rather is more gentle and purifying in a more smooth and tranquil manner.

The after effect during the day is also more complete and well balanced one tends to remain centered / focused without effort in the 6th center yet fully present.

It is a curious thing you would think like it was with Shibendu's practice one would be going through the Mala and getting around 80 or so repetitions and have expectations of oh am I near yet? or perhaps a feeling of strain, but in this method there is just a pleasant desire to continue with the next breath almost like there is a need being filled by doing so. Each breath is kind of like having swam under water holding ones breath and when one emerges that air sure is sweet.

So it is like this refreshing.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  9:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

knew that you are into it too :P Thanks for your report! :) Also continued with the practice but always as a bonus session to the classic kriya. The initial imbalance of the very first session went away and the joy of kutastha started to come as flashes of aftereffects, sometimes holding for long times, sometimes for shorter. A centeredness in the kutastha-region happens automatically as an aftereffect, being one of the reasons for reoccuring joy-revelations, which all have the character of the third eye dimension.

Am not sure if it would be activated similiarly or as balanced as it happens with the technique alone and no other full spectrum addressing. With increasing breaths the concentration gets better and one goes deeper into the third eye. After some days the initial joy blasts did calm down a little, means the body-mind is adapting and obviously more breaths can be given to it :P

Crown addressing is still more refined in its aftereffect, more bliss beauty, or in other words, a higher resolution of pleasantness. The third eye is grosser and more in touch with relativity in a playful and very joyful way. More like enjoying the candy of creation, while the crown directs more to dissolution into formlessness.

Balanced full spectrum is most stable and grounded, less joy or bliss explosions, but more peace and love with strong life flow.

Thanks very much @RSS for your input, it would be interesting to read more from your experience and the observations of Mukherjee and others in that lineage.

Peace and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  07:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to look at the Ennio Nimis site to see if his annual release of his book was out and was surprised to see not only is his new book out but there is an announcement about one of the Gurus of this thread traveling to Italy where Ennio is as well as the United States to teach people.

Ennio must really believe in this guy. In all the years he has been releasing his book I have never seen anything like this before.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  11:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

on the same day have looked at Ennio's site too (yes we are continuously connected when we post here :P), but couldn't see a new release of the book.

"2016 edition of the book will be posted in january 2016"

Also can't see any anouncements, where did you see them? Had somehow the inner whish to know more about that person who said, that he has finished all work and now enjoys his pension, in other words to know more about that student of Pranabananda who was also successfull in yoga. Then a look into the Pranab Gita and there you find a nice small bio :)

http://yoganiketan.net/library/pran...olume-1.html

There is also a nice chapter at the end with Lahiri, Pranabananda and their meeting with Babaji.

But when it comes to the actual practice of kriya pranayama, in Lahiri's letters you clearly get the hint about how it is:

"In regards to the practice of the kriya pranayam, Lahiri Mahasaya in letter number 79 (also see letter 78) from his Garland of Letters has given very specific guidance:

"Many do not practice mantra japa chakra by chakra. When this does not happen, it results in tamasic Kriya (Kriya with negative qualities), and the fruit of this is also "tamasic". Therefore, during pranayam, one must keep attention on the six chakras in the spine and practice japa in each of them." (Lahiri Mahasaya, Source: Yoganiketan."" quoted from this source: http://siddhaya.blogspot.de/2007/10...r-kriya.html

Still, if people enjoy their eternal pension with Pranabananda's kriya, nothing can be said. Again a kriya variant that works! :P

@ So-Hi, most probably Ennio is practicing this kriya with full intensity and really gets good results :) But couldn't see what you are referring to in your post.

Happy practice friends :)
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  05:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy, probably added after your visit to the page

from So-Hi´s link

"We are very fortunate that Sri Mukherjee has agreed to come to the USA and Italy this spring for purpose of initiating and teaching the techniques of original kriya to dedicated students. This saves the many interested kriyabans from having to go to India for this rare opportunity to learn original kriya and be initiated into this lineage. It is tentatively scheduled that Sri Mukherjee will be in Melbourne, FL USA from April 1, 2016 to May 15, 2016, and then Udine Italy from May 16, 2016 to June 16, 2016."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000