New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends

Been wondering how those of you who have been through the experience of "excessive kundalini heat" have dealt with it. Lately, (ever since the weather started to warm up here [spring has come early to Canada, at least the part of Canada I live in]) I have been having to deal with some excessive kundalini heat. It wasn't a problem during the winter this year, in fact this winter was the most comfortable I have ever been in the cold, but now that it is above zero degrees most days here, I am going through a phase where I am excessively hot all day long. Spine sweats, hot flashes, etc are the majority of the symptoms. I'm quite sure that I am in general not "overloading" here, I haven't added any practices in quite a long period of time and my routine is very stable and consistant, but I am a little uncomfortable these days just due to the heat.

The only reason this is really an issue at all (usually I would just turn the heat down at home and wear less clothes), but my wife is regularly complaining that the house is too cold, even though I am usually more then warm enough. I am hoping for a few suggestions (other then being naked all the time ) on how to deal with kundalini heat during the summertime. I would like to be comfortable, but I also would like my wife to be comfortable as well. Are there any ways of reducing this heat without actually turning down the heat and making everyone else cold? I have tried implementing the "cooling breath pranayam" but this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference unless I do it non-stop, and I am a little worried that if I did that I may start overloading.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Love!

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Limited experience here with kundalini causing excess body heat.

But, re: lowering body temperature, eating less and lighter foods lowers the heat of digestion. I love eating lots of fruit all summer long (because it burns cleaners), but if I try to do it in the winter time, I literally start shivering all day long - my body needs heavy food to keep warm in the winter, but not summer.

Best of luck,
JDH

Edited by - JDH on Mar 16 2010 4:54:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carsonzi, a good pita diet will do you good...

check this out: http://www.aypsite.org/ayurveda-diets.html

tc bro
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  5:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Guys

Thank you for your suggestions!

I probably should have mentioned in the original post that I am already employing a pretty strict pitta diet....have been for almost a year now. I am HEAVILY pitta dosha, and when I say heavy, I mean really really heavy (can't remember the exact numbers from the dosha test I took, but I'm pretty sure there were only one or two that I answered Vatta or Kapha to). The only foods I eat that are known to aggravate my pitta dosha are a little beef, and some pineapples (I haven't been able to cut these out as I LOVE them), but other then that, my diet is basically all pitta pacifying.

I truly appreciate the advice though!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  5:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Couple of recipes to try that cool the body down..

1> 2 tblspn fennel seeds + 1tblspn seedless raisins .. soak in a cup of water overnight (6-8 hrs)... Drink this water the next morning.

2> 2 tblspn yogurt + 1 glass of water + pinch of rock salt or sea salt or table salt.. stir well.. drink cold. Drink a few glasses of this.

Both the above drinks are very cooling.

Also almonds.. before you eat them, soak them overnight in water and take the skin off.. they are not heating if eaten like that.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  5:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: there were a few suggestions here by Solo http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=5741, not sure if they were effective. But you can try those too.

But the yogurt one really does help. Very helpful when there is the burning sensation in the solar plexus area due to "soma" as well.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  6:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti

I will for sure try this out...heading to the grocery store later tonight, so I'll get me some raisins, some fennel seeds, some yogurt and a few almonds and see how it goes. Muchly appreciated!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  08:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Guess my writing was not clear. From your first post I got the impression you liked almonds. Well, almonds are very heating, hence I said, if you would like to eat almonds, soak them and take the skin off and then eat them. This makes them less heating. The skin is what makes them heating.

However, almonds wont cool down your body. Sorry for being unclear on that one.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  12:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti

No need for the .....or for the "Sorry".

Your writing was clear enough, and any misunderstanding was because of me, not you. Not sure why you would think that I like almonds based on the original post though (I DO like almonds, but I don't eat them very often). I will make sure that I follow your advice when eating them in the future though....thank you for your advice!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  1:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Not sure why you would think that I like almonds based on the original post though (I DO like almonds, but I don't eat them very often).

Strange!!! I could have sworn I read about almonds in one of your posts. I think I need to get my eyes checked.
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  4:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THe most cooling effect I have had from any practice was when doing moon salutations I found in a book. Very, very cooling.

Second most cooling effect I have had from doing something a long the lines of this exercise:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php...#entry181465

You could also check out the biologyofkundalini site. It has a lot of advice on how to deal with kundalini symptoms and I seem to remember her writing about heat.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  11:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

I've been feeling the same. It's been really warm recently in Boston. I suspect that my case also has something to do with the practice time. I happened to do my morning session around noon. Noon is supposedly the most firey time of the day.
I suspect the overall heat has something to do with the blocking of front channel. The front channel are supposed to conduct the yin(cooling) energy.
Wondering if we can do something more than eating yin food...
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  06:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

Hi CarsonZi,

I've been feeling the same. It's been really warm recently in Boston. I suspect that my case also has something to do with the practice time. I happened to do my morning session around noon. Noon is supposedly the most firey time of the day.
I suspect the overall heat has something to do with the blocking of front channel. The front channel are supposed to conduct the yin(cooling) energy.
Wondering if we can do something more than eating yin food...

Yes the front channel is very cooling
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Marken,

I've been doing sun solutations almost before every session. I feel it's much on the yang side. And the "moon solutation" you mentioned might be a good way to balance it. Could you please share it with us?
Thanks!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  1:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Marken,

I've been doing sun solutations almost before every session. I feel it's much on the yang side. And the "moon solutation" you mentioned might be a good way to balance it. Could you please share it with us?
Thanksï¼?

Phil

THe thing is that I only did a couple of times and don´t have the book anymore and don´t remember the name. But I googled moon salutation and saw that there were lot`s about it. I am guessing that there are many versions like with sun salutes. So maybe look at several and choose the one you like best. THe one I tried was quite complicated and did no give the same simple flow as sun salutes.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, marken,
I tried this version. felt less firey than the Sun salutation, the energy center is lower, too. feeling good about it.
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  2:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi, marken,
I tried this version. felt less firey than the Sun salutation, the energy center is lower, too. feeling good about it.

Good to hear:)
Go to Top of Page

Corinna

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  08:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

how old are you? If you are older than 35 the heat could be hormonell and due to a congested liver. Yes, andropause is real and comes sooner than we like it

My husband and I are both in midlife and both longterm Kundalini practitioners and both suffer from excessive (liver) heat. The problem is that the kundalini practice can make this situation much worse, which is why one needs an experienced teacher.

What helped me is to learn to turn the burning heat of the kundalini into a sensation of warm bubbling water by combining it with a smile and a feeling of bliss.

Heat without bliss is very dangerous and can cause all sorts of real disease. At some point I even had an enlarged liver like an alcoholic even though I never drink or put anything unhealthy into my body.

So, what I do is to 'smile into my liver' and it has helped tremendously.

Another thing is to slow down your breathing - in/ out and hold as long as you can. If you can hold your breath on empty lungs for more than 30 seconds you are good and don't need the breathing exercise.

Hope that helps, even though I am sure you didn't like the suggestion that it is mainly hormonal. Sorry.

Best,
Corinna
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Corinna and welcome to the AYP forums!

quote:
Originally posted by Corinna

how old are you?

I just turned 29 less then two weeks ago.

quote:

If you are older than 35 the heat could be hormonell and due to a congested liver. Yes, andropause is real and comes sooner than we like it

Haha....no, I don't think this is the issue (although with the amount of hair falling out of the top of my head maybe I should re-evaluate ...yes, I am well into the "male pattern balding" even at 29....started balding at age 20).

quote:

My husband and I are both in midlife and both longterm Kundalini practitioners and both suffer from excessive (liver) heat. The problem is that the kundalini practice can make this situation much worse, which is why one needs an experienced teacher.

Well, I used to practice (3HO) Kundalini Yoga, but I have been practicing the AYP system exclusively for almost 2 years straight now (twice a day, everyday). I found that when I was doing kundalini yoga I was having a LOT more uncomfortable energetic symptoms. These seem to have in general lessened and even stopped at times when using the AYP system exclusively. I totally agree that kundalini practices can aggravate an already aroused kundalini and I also agree that extreme care should be used when directly working with the K energies. I would suggest that using a system like AYP (which is a "global housecleaning" system of practices that includes built in checks and balances) is much safer then a system that tries to target anything (basically kundalini) specifically or has excessive focus on any one aspect of yoga.

quote:

What helped me is to learn to turn the burning heat of the kundalini into a sensation of warm bubbling water by combining it with a smile and a feeling of bliss.

Glad to hear you have found a way to combat the excessive kundalini symptoms. For me, pacing myself with my yoga practices and actively practicing grounding techniques has been the life saver here. Just last week I was noticing that I had some excessive heat in the heart area which appeared first as abnormal sweating and then turned into a rash on the sternum, and backing off of the heart opening asanas (and other practices)as well as taking extra time to walk and ground the energy has stabalized things and I am now back to normal.

quote:

Heat without bliss is very dangerous and can cause all sorts of real disease.

Well, there is no shortage of bliss here, so....hopefully I am in the clear ....haven't been sick (other then the odd "self induced sickness) since I started practicing AYP quite honestly.

quote:

At some point I even had an enlarged liver like an alcoholic even though I never drink or put anything unhealthy into my body.

That doesn't sound good!

quote:

So, what I do is to 'smile into my liver' and it has helped tremendously.

Glad to hear that this has helped you.

quote:

Another thing is to slow down your breathing - in/ out and hold as long as you can. If you can hold your breath on empty lungs for more than 30 seconds you are good and don't need the breathing exercise.

I can hold my breath out for more then 30 seconds, but if you are practicing stuff like this, well, I'm not surprised that you are having excessive kundalini symptoms! Pranayam (consciously slowing down the breathing) including kumbhakas (breath retention) is a MAJOR kundalini stimulator. I would suggest you NOT do practices like this if you are having excessive kundalini symptoms. Practices like this will only aggravate them.

quote:

Hope that helps, even though I am sure you didn't like the suggestion that it is mainly hormonal. Sorry.

Hahaha....no sorries necessary .....the suggestion that it is mainly hormonal didn't trigger any kind of response here. I'm pretty sure that it isn't hormonal.....pretty sure it is caused by overdoing advanced yoga practices. Since I opened this topic the heat (in general) has been quite a bit less uncomfortable and hasn't been much of an issue.

Thanks for your advice!

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Corinna

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  2:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
nice to hear from you.

So you are 29 - so you REALLY do not want to hear about the andropause...quite right! Having said that - male balding is also hormonally caused - too much testosterone - you probably know that.

In my and my husband's case it is definitely hormonal - but I feel that working with 'inner heat' is aggravating the situation because I always get the worst hot flashes during my meditation. But, as I've said: they are almost gone, thank goodness.

About the breathing: this is a supercalming. You can stop a full-grown panic attack with that breathing technique within 5 minutes. It helps with every kind of 'too much' energy.

About the bliss: what I mean is: one should never experience any form of heat without the bliss because it can 'burn' your inner organs and give you energy disease. I've had several of these during the last 20 years while I experimented with kundalini. They feel like real diseases with much pain but there is nothing physically wrong with you. So, it's not enough to feel generally lots of bliss but specifically when the kundalini is heating you up.

Anyhow, I am glad you feel better and you go a steady and controlled pace. I find the keyword with kundalini is control. Everything needs to be tamed, gentle and controlled. These out-of-control experiences one can read about so often in Western literature are really terrible accidents that should have never happened.

I myself had 90% wonderful experiences with kundalini like heightened creativity, more intution etc. and maybe 10% problems like these energy diseases I've mentioned.

The main problem, however, are heightened emotions. I think I feel everything 5 to 10 more strongly than other people. This is, of course a blessing AND a curse as you can imagine.

I am surprised that others do not write more about this here as for me and my husband this is definitely the biggest challenge. Your whole unconscious mind gets emptied out - right into your face and you see an ugliness that you never thought you had.

Best,
Corinna
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  3:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Corinna

quote:

So you are 29 - so you REALLY do not want to hear about the andropause...quite right!

I'm not concerned with "andropause".....if it is happening here, well, then it is happening. If it isn't, well, then it is not. Either way I am not concerned There's nothing I can do about it so worrying/being concerned won't help things at all.

quote:

Having said that - male balding is also hormonally caused - too much testosterone - you probably know that.

Yeah, knew that. Pretty sure that the balding here is "genetically inspired".....every single one of my male cousins on my Mom's side started balding around age 20 and my mother's father was completely bald by 18.....I come by it honestly

quote:

About the breathing: this is a supercalming. You can stop a full-grown panic attack with that breathing technique within 5 minutes. It helps with every kind of 'too much' energy.

My experience is almost the exact opposite when kumbhakas are applied. I agree that slow controlled breathing is a great way to stop a panic attack and other extreme emotional responses, but to add a "bottom end" breath retention onto the slow breathing is asking for INCREASED energy, not decreased energy. This is pretty commonly accepted in the yoga community.

quote:

About the bliss: what I mean is: one should never experience any form of heat without the bliss because it can 'burn' your inner organs and give you energy disease.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was meaning to say that there is a pretty consistant flow of bliss happening here both during and outside of yoga practice.

quote:

I've had several of these during the last 20 years while I experimented with kundalini. They feel like real diseases with much pain but there is nothing physically wrong with you. So, it's not enough to feel generally lots of bliss but specifically when the kundalini is heating you up.

Gotcha.

quote:

Anyhow, I am glad you feel better and you go a steady and controlled pace. I find the keyword with kundalini is control. Everything needs to be tamed, gentle and controlled. These out-of-control experiences one can read about so often in Western literature are really terrible accidents that should have never happened.

I pretty much agree. With a methodically implemented yoga practice we can give the energy a specific channel to flow through (the sushumna) and can purify the nervous system to an extent that we will not have to endure the more "dramatic" kundalini symptoms.

quote:

I myself had 90% wonderful experiences with kundalini like heightened creativity, more intution etc. and maybe 10% problems like these energy diseases I've mentioned.

Personally I have had very little discomfort from the kundalini. The odd migraine a while ago, some automatic yoga, a bit of excessive heat on occasion, but definitely no "Gopi Krishna" experiences that's for sure!

quote:

The main problem, however, are heightened emotions. I think I feel everything 5 to 10 more strongly than other people. This is, of course a blessing AND a curse as you can imagine.

In my experience this is combatted by balancing "energy cultivation practices" with "silence cultivation practices". If we are so focused on cultivating the kundalini that we forget to cultivate silence through deep meditation, it is easy for the emotions to get a little wild on us. With adaquate silence cultivation it is easier to let go of even the wildest of emotions and return to "the silent centre". It is important to have a proper balance of silence and energetic cultivation practices in our yoga sadhana.

quote:

I am surprised that others do not write more about this here as for me and my husband this is definitely the biggest challenge. Your whole unconscious mind gets emptied out - right into your face and you see an ugliness that you never thought you had.

With a proper balance between energy and silence cultivation it is a lot easier to avoid these kinds of symptoms. With a grounding in inner silence (cultivated through a twice daily practice of deep meditation) when extreme emotional responses arise it is much esaier to see them for what they are and let go of them. This is my experience anyways.....likely the experience of many others here too....hence the lack of topics written on the subject

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  12:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

Im not sure, you do or do not have K?

Anyways, i am about your age and I've had very severe K for seven years now, so you name it, Ive probably been through it.

Heat is a very common thing, and I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, it can be irritating, but really there is nothing to do about it except let it pass, which it will do on its own.

I don't necessarily buy into all the "hormonal" stuff, because frankly, we're not at an age where this is an issue.

However, it is sometimes beneficial to think of K as a secondary form of Adolescence. That is, there are definitely hormonal and chemical changes taking place in our bodies and brains.

Overall, my advice is to listen to your body and your intuition, experiment, and find what works for you. Above all, don't let the symptoms get you down and always seek an equilibrium.

best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Corinna

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  05:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

About the breathing: it's not done with any muscle tension, let alone pelvic tensions. This of course will bring energy up and should be totally avoided when kundalini is too strong. Also, it's not just slow breathing. You breathe normally in and out and then do not breathe again as long as possible without straining. You probably don't need it any more. I am writing it, in case somebody else is reading this thread and might find it useful.

My main focus has always been still meditation with 'a bit' of kundalini added on, so to speak. The problem is that many people use still meditation to 'suppress' emotions. They use it as a tranquillizer instead of an awakening tool. Being around the 'spiritual block' a few times I've seen it very often.

I think I will open another threat about hightened emotions and see what other people think.

Best,
Corinna
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  11:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight and welcome to the AYP forums!

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Im not sure, you do or do not have K?

Yes, there was an intial kundalini awakening in October of 2008. My experience with kundalini is nowhere near as "dramatic" as many others have experienced, but there is more then just a little bit of prana flowing here.

quote:

Anyways, i am about your age and I've had very severe K for seven years now, so you name it, Ive probably been through it.

Hopefully with a little bit of "silence cultivation" and some active grounding the severity of some of the symptoms you are experiencing can be lessened in intensity.

quote:

Heat is a very common thing, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, common for sure. It is the kundalini working it's way through inner obstructions causing some "friction" and subsequent heat. And, I'm not worried about it .....the reason for starting this thread is because my wife finds that I keep the house temperature too cold for her to be comfortable and if I raise the temp in the house the internal heat can sometimes become a bit uncomfortable for me. So I was just looking for ways to combat the internal heat here so that I could raise the temperature in our home to a level that is more comfortable for her without making myself uncomfortable in exchange.

quote:

I don't necessarily buy into all the "hormonal" stuff, because frankly, we're not at an age where this is an issue.

There could be something to the hormonal stuff, but honestly, I wouldn't know how to tell one way or the other. I KNOW that this is caused by "kundalini friction", but it might be being aggravated by hormonal changes in the body....who knows?

quote:

However, it is sometimes beneficial to think of K as a secondary form of Adolescence. That is, there are definitely hormonal and chemical changes taking place in our bodies and brains.

Absolutely.

quote:

Overall, my advice is to listen to your body and your intuition, experiment, and find what works for you. Above all, don't let the symptoms get you down and always seek an equilibrium.

Thank you for the wonderful advice, and again, welcome to the forum..... looking forward to reading more from you in the future!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Corinna

quote:

About the breathing: it's not done with any muscle tension, let alone pelvic tensions. This of course will bring energy up and should be totally avoided when kundalini is too strong. Also, it's not just slow breathing. You breathe normally in and out and then do not breathe again as long as possible without straining. You probably don't need it any more. I am writing it, in case somebody else is reading this thread and might find it useful.

It really isn't worth arguing about, and I have no desire to be "right", but for the sake of the readership I think it is important to clarify here. When the body is deprived of oxygen (which is what happens when the breath is held) the body will naturally compensate with prana. This is basically the entire premise behind pranayama (restraint of the breath). When we control the breath and only allow so much oxygen into the bloodstream the body will compensate for the lack of oxygen with prana. This is why I say that holding the breath is not relaxing and in fact has quite the opposite effect....the effect of being stimulating to the nervous system.

quote:

My main focus has always been still meditation with 'a bit' of kundalini added on, so to speak.

Awesome. It is important to have a balance between silence cultivation and energy cultivation.

quote:

The problem is that many people use still meditation to 'suppress' emotions. They use it as a tranquillizer instead of an awakening tool.

It's not that big of a problem really. People will do what they do, for the reasons they do it, and there isn't much we can do about it. If someone chooses to do meditation for the reasons of "suppressing the emotions", well, then that is why they are doing it. Hopefully they will find other benefits to it to, and will one day realize that "suppression" is not the answer to suffering, but either way, it really doesn't matter....to me anyways

quote:

Being around the 'spiritual block' a few times I've seen it very often.

I've seen it to. But I have also seen people start a meditation practice for one reason, and continue it for a completely other reason once they realize the benefits of meditation through personal experience.

quote:

I think I will open another threat about hightened emotions and see what other people think.

Sounds good....I look forward to reading it as well as reading other people's responses. Best of luck to you!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Corinna

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

no offence, but we are really talking about two completely different breathing techniques.

So, just to end this discussion and for everyone who is interested in an excellent calming breathing technique, please google 'buteyko breathing'. It is well researched and I use it with my clients all the time to calm their nervous system. It does exactly the opposite of what Carson says. But I won't debate about it any longer. Everybody who is interested can find out for themselves.

Best of luck to you, Carson,

Corinna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000