Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Over-the-top amounts of Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  12:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All

****This post could probably fit in several forum catagories (Kundalini, Self-Pacing, Enlightenment Milestones) but I figured it was best placed here....if any of the Mods feel it would fit better in another catagory please feel free to move it there (not that you need my permission )****

As of Sunday (5 days ago) there has been an exponential increase in the internal energies. The amount of energy flow happening here is now far beyond what I ever thought was humanly possible, and it has caused some difficulties as well as some incredible openings.

I don't know exactly what has caused this change in energy flow, but my intuition says it has something to do with the stars/planets/cosmos. No way to know for sure, but nothing had changed in my practice routine up until this happened. What has changed SINCE this happened (up until the time I decided I HAD to pace myself, which was yesterday) was mostly pranayam related but there was also a bit of change in my asana routine as well. None of these changes were made consciously though...they all happened automatically. Here is what happened:

I had been doing regular SBP up until Sunday, but on Sunday when I sat down to do my morning practices I found SBP took on a whole new "form". "I" lost control, and everything just happened completely on it's own. I started having the automatic "top and bottom end" kumbhakas happening again (this happened a while back and was written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7500 ) and on the bottom end, nauli kriya was happening (I can't do nauli kriya while sitting if I try, but this was happening without any "trying") as well as aswini mudra, and on the top end there was automatic dynamic jalandhara happening and my tongue found a new spot in the nasal pharynx that I had never felt previously. This brought on kundalini rushes like never before....EXTREME amounts of energy flow (including bliss Bliss BLISS) were happening. Near the end of the pranayam session I started to have automatic kapalbhati pranayam happening and this made my brain and the top of the head open up like never before. When I was (finally) "allowed" to move into meditation, the meditation session was like nothing ever felt before..... I was PHYSICALLY (and subtly) able to feel the mantra moving in the body. And I only repeated the mantra a few times before a DEEP samadhi hit that lasted for a total of 23 minutes (which is when I "came out" and looked at my timer). I hit silence in just about every meditation these days, but this level of silence had never been experienced before.

Later that day, in my afternoon session, I started my practice with asanas (I don't usually do asanas in the morning, just in the afternoon session).... I do a fairly advanced asana routine, but in this session I found myself doing postures I had never done before, and were not possible for me to do before (postures like yoganidrasana http://www.sarawhitney.net/yoga/ima...idrasana.jpg [I don't have problems putting one leg behind my head http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=652785382, but I have never been able to put both of them back there). And I always end my asana session with standing nauli kriya, but after doing nauli kriya this time, I had a style of pranayam happen automatically that I did not even know existed....it took me until yesterday (after many many google searches) to find out that what was happening is called "agnisara". This spawned an absolute NEED to fast (at least I think this is what spawned this "need"). I fasted for almost 4 full days after this and only yesterday found any desire whatsoever to eat (and it wasn't very much and I found I could not/did not want to eat any meat [had a small poutine, mmmmmmm]) even though I felt NO hunger. All this also led to an inability to sleep. Over the past 4 days (other then last night) I got about 5 hours of sleep total....1.5 to 2 hours at a time. But there has been no tiredness at all. In fact I have basically felt like I have been on speed for the past 4 days....almost manic. This change in my pranayam practice continued for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.....everytime I sat down to do my practices I would "lose control" and would have all this automatic stuff happening. On Wednesday, after a particularly energetic afternoon practice (which included asanas and the automatic "agnisara" pranayam at the end) I had to teach an AYP class. This was probably the worst class I have ever taught. I could not access "Silence" at all, I felt like I was going to levitate right off the floor, and I was extremely scattered. Up until this point I was kinda enjoying the energy (even though I wasn't eating or sleeping) and hadn't really wanted to pace myself.....the bliss was/is incredible and I didn't feel the need to slow down. But this inability to properly lead a yoga class due to the over-the-top energy levels made me re-evaluate things big time. One person after the class said that to her I felt like I was a "family of butterflies trapped in a mason jar"....and indeed that IS what I felt like. So, I decided that it was time to pace.

Yesterday morning I sat down to do my practices and when the automatic pranayam started happening I would force myself to stand up and walk around causing the pranayam to stop. Eventually I was able to sit and meditate for 20 minutes (which was still incredibly deep) but it took me about 15-20 minutes of getting up and walking trying to stop the pranayam to be able to do this. Yesterday afternoon I did not practice at all. Today I sat down and it only took me a few minutes of stopping the automatic pranayam before I was able to meditate for 20 minutes. This mornings meditation was so blissfilled and silent that I am just beaming like crazy now.

A couple of other things have changed/happened here since this started. First, the internal vision has become incredibly clear. I can actually SEE the sushumna and much of the subtle anatomy in my minds eye...no visualizing required. Also, when in meditation my brain has become a light. Almost like there is a sun in my head instead of a brain...except the "sun" is not yellow, but is instead a bright white. Also, the minor amounts of sleep I have got over the past few days have been completely conscious....there has been no loss of consciousness during sleep. And the circular light that was written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6788 has returned.... I am once again seeing a small but very bright light everywhere I look (with the eyes open).

Anyways, I don't really have any questions with regards to this, I know I have to pace myself big time right now, I just wanted to share what is happening here.

Love!

Oh yeah....I also fried my phone and my laptop again....bummer

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 14 2010 12:20:15 PM

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  12:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for sharing Carson...and have a good journey

Edited by - miguel on May 14 2010 12:31:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like an amazing experience. I hope you can continue enjoying the Bliss!
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  09:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds fantastic, CarsonZi! Hope the blissfulness stays manageable.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  6:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Sunlight Bro
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  11:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson :)
It is interesting to read about your experiences. Thank you for sharing them.

I have a question or two.. You said: "Almost like there is a sun in my head instead of a brain...except the "sun" is not yellow, but is instead a bright white." Question, when this white light sun appears to me it is hard to see the whole ball, it is like half of the sun is sitting right in the head. Is this the same for you? Also, do you see a faint bluish color on the outer periphery of the rays?

The other one that brought up a question is your other statement of "I can actually SEE the sushumna and much of the subtle anatomy in my minds eye...no visualizing required."

So, when you look at the sushumna, do you see a fork going out to the brow, and the main part of the suhumna protruding far above the head in a straight line? Is there also a fork going backwards from the ajna? Is there also a bright little star connected to the sushumna above the head, about 8 inches up?

Also, can you see any chakras connected to the sushumna? Are the colors of the chakras conventional (heart is green, throat is blue) or are the colors as Paramahansa Yogananda states: (Heart is golden, throat is green and medulla is blue)?

Ok, I have another question too. (sorry). Can you place your attention inside the sushumna and pull it up and down? This looks like you are viewing a twisted ring of colors or planes with emptiness inside. Going up and down the sushumna is like riding up and down an elevator and where you stop reveals it's own 'plane'.

Just curious, that's all. Thanks..

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  2:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

I have a question or two.. You said: "Almost like there is a sun in my head instead of a brain...except the "sun" is not yellow, but is instead a bright white." Question, when this white light sun appears to me it is hard to see the whole ball, it is like half of the sun is sitting right in the head. Is this the same for you? Also, do you see a faint bluish color on the outer periphery of the rays?

What was noticed was not specifically a "vision". I am not seeing rays or anything like that....just noticing that my skull seems to be filled with a bright white light. I hadn't noticed it before, and the noticing happened after a "shift in perspective" happened automatically (I wasn't trying to make this happen). I was just sitting in meditation and all of a sudden my awareness expanded to encompass more then just the body (I was kinda looking down and in on myself), and at this time I noticed that my skull was filled with light. It wasn't a "vision" persay....not like seeing something in the minds eye....this was more like seeing something with the physical eyes except my eyes were closed and I wasn't actually looking through them. It's really difficult to explain really. Basically I could see my regular body, but it was a bit more transparent(ish), and I could see (what I would call) the subtle body superimposed on/within it.

quote:

The other one that brought up a question is your other statement of "I can actually SEE the sushumna and much of the subtle anatomy in my minds eye...no visualizing required."
So, when you look at the sushumna, do you see a fork going out to the brow, and the main part of the suhumna protruding far above the head in a straight line? Is there also a fork going backwards from the ajna? Is there also a bright little star connected to the sushumna above the head, about 8 inches up?

What I saw was the sushumna, exactly how it is described by Yogani except that, yes, it came a bit outside of the forehead (my body was kinda transparent during this experience, so it's hard to say exactly how far out it went) and went up above the top of the head as well. The whole sushumna was "light" but there seemed to be a bit of "extra light" at the top ends. Not really a star, just a small ball of soft white light.

quote:

Also, can you see any chakras connected to the sushumna? Are the colors of the chakras conventional (heart is green, throat is blue) or are the colors as Paramahansa Yogananda states: (Heart is golden, throat is green and medulla is blue)?

I could see the chakras yes, but I don't remember the configuration of the colors....they all kinda blended together at certain points (no "definition"). Basically what I saw was 3 dimensional circling energies.... circling vertically, horizontally as well as even diagonally (to an extent)...hard to explain.

quote:

Ok, I have another question too. (sorry). Can you place your attention inside the sushumna and pull it up and down?

I wouldn't say "I" can do this....although it does happen on it's own sometimes.

quote:

This looks like you are viewing a twisted ring of colors or planes with emptiness inside. Going up and down the sushumna is like riding up and down an elevator and where you stop reveals it's own 'plane'.

Not really the same as my experience. I end up usually seeing "scenes" when I am "pulled into the sushumna tube". Mostly outdoor nature scenes or scenes of the cosmos. Just one person's experience though....I think everyone's experience will be at least slightly different.... and everyone will have a different way of describing it too.

Thanks for the conversation!

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  10:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson :)
Thanks for the descriptions. I appreciate it.

This one really resonates with me: "and the noticing happened after a "shift in perspective" happened automatically "

To me, it is like there are layers and if you can get the right perspective, then the layers appear. I think the key to all of this is to be able to find the layers and shift one's perception or awareness at will. I'm thinking we naturally go through all the layers when we fall asleep at night and just don't remember..

You said: "Not really a star, just a small ball of soft white light." Yes, there is a little ball of light above the head that I can see. The more I focused on it, the brighter it got and eventually turned into a star (got brighter and bigger) and there is a tunnel that leads to it. Along the sides of the tunnel there are planes with beings in them and structures. But it took me a while to be able to see those things. I wasn't really trying, it just sort of grew the deeper I got during meditations..

As for changing perspective and pulling attention or awareness up and down the sushumna, one time during meditation, while making an effort to focus the eyes and keep them pointed towards the brow, I had the switch of perception that I could pull the chakras up into the third eye. It's kind of like being internal, inside the sushumna and then pushing downwards, but it seems like you are actually pushing out the ajna. It's hard to describe. It's kind of like feeling like you are a layer deeper, like in the dream body and you are inside the sushumna looking down. I haven't heard of any writings about that or anyone else describe the going up and down the sushumna like that so always, in the back of my mind, I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced that..

Anyway, I enjoy discussing glimpses of eternity. Thanks for sharing..

Good luck with your journey and Bless you!

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  02:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Namaste All

****This post could probably fit in several forum catagories (Kundalini, Self-Pacing, Enlightenment Milestones) but I figured it was best placed here....if any of the Mods feel it would fit better in another catagory please feel free to move it there (not that you need my permission )****

As of Sunday (5 days ago) there has been an exponential increase in the internal energies. The amount of energy flow happening here is now far beyond what I ever thought was humanly possible, and it has caused some difficulties as well as some incredible openings.

I don't know exactly what has caused this change in energy flow, but my intuition says it has something to do with the stars/planets/cosmos. No way to know for sure, but nothing had changed in my practice routine up until this happened. What has changed SINCE this happened (up until the time I decided I HAD to pace myself, which was yesterday) was mostly pranayam related but there was also a bit of change in my asana routine as well. None of these changes were made consciously though...they all happened automatically. Here is what happened:

I had been doing regular SBP up until Sunday, but on Sunday when I sat down to do my morning practices I found SBP took on a whole new "form". "I" lost control, and everything just happened completely on it's own. I started having the automatic "top and bottom end" kumbhakas happening again (this happened a while back and was written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7500 ) and on the bottom end, nauli kriya was happening (I can't do nauli kriya while sitting if I try, but this was happening without any "trying") as well as aswini mudra, and on the top end there was automatic dynamic jalandhara happening and my tongue found a new spot in the nasal pharynx that I had never felt previously. This brought on kundalini rushes like never before....EXTREME amounts of energy flow (including bliss Bliss BLISS) were happening. Near the end of the pranayam session I started to have automatic kapalbhati pranayam happening and this made my brain and the top of the head open up like never before. When I was (finally) "allowed" to move into meditation, the meditation session was like nothing ever felt before..... I was PHYSICALLY (and subtly) able to feel the mantra moving in the body. And I only repeated the mantra a few times before a DEEP samadhi hit that lasted for a total of 23 minutes (which is when I "came out" and looked at my timer). I hit silence in just about every meditation these days, but this level of silence had never been experienced before.

Later that day, in my afternoon session, I started my practice with asanas (I don't usually do asanas in the morning, just in the afternoon session).... I do a fairly advanced asana routine, but in this session I found myself doing postures I had never done before, and were not possible for me to do before (postures like yoganidrasana http://www.sarawhitney.net/yoga/ima...idrasana.jpg [I don't have problems putting one leg behind my head http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=652785382, but I have never been able to put both of them back there). And I always end my asana session with standing nauli kriya, but after doing nauli kriya this time, I had a style of pranayam happen automatically that I did not even know existed....it took me until yesterday (after many many google searches) to find out that what was happening is called "agnisara". This spawned an absolute NEED to fast (at least I think this is what spawned this "need"). I fasted for almost 4 full days after this and only yesterday found any desire whatsoever to eat (and it wasn't very much and I found I could not/did not want to eat any meat [had a small poutine, mmmmmmm]) even though I felt NO hunger. All this also led to an inability to sleep. Over the past 4 days (other then last night) I got about 5 hours of sleep total....1.5 to 2 hours at a time. But there has been no tiredness at all. In fact I have basically felt like I have been on speed for the past 4 days....almost manic. This change in my pranayam practice continued for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.....everytime I sat down to do my practices I would "lose control" and would have all this automatic stuff happening. On Wednesday, after a particularly energetic afternoon practice (which included asanas and the automatic "agnisara" pranayam at the end) I had to teach an AYP class. This was probably the worst class I have ever taught. I could not access "Silence" at all, I felt like I was going to levitate right off the floor, and I was extremely scattered. Up until this point I was kinda enjoying the energy (even though I wasn't eating or sleeping) and hadn't really wanted to pace myself.....the bliss was/is incredible and I didn't feel the need to slow down. But this inability to properly lead a yoga class due to the over-the-top energy levels made me re-evaluate things big time. One person after the class said that to her I felt like I was a "family of butterflies trapped in a mason jar"....and indeed that IS what I felt like. So, I decided that it was time to pace.

Yesterday morning I sat down to do my practices and when the automatic pranayam started happening I would force myself to stand up and walk around causing the pranayam to stop. Eventually I was able to sit and meditate for 20 minutes (which was still incredibly deep) but it took me about 15-20 minutes of getting up and walking trying to stop the pranayam to be able to do this. Yesterday afternoon I did not practice at all. Today I sat down and it only took me a few minutes of stopping the automatic pranayam before I was able to meditate for 20 minutes. This mornings meditation was so blissfilled and silent that I am just beaming like crazy now.

A couple of other things have changed/happened here since this started. First, the internal vision has become incredibly clear. I can actually SEE the sushumna and much of the subtle anatomy in my minds eye...no visualizing required. Also, when in meditation my brain has become a light. Almost like there is a sun in my head instead of a brain...except the "sun" is not yellow, but is instead a bright white. Also, the minor amounts of sleep I have got over the past few days have been completely conscious....there has been no loss of consciousness during sleep. And the circular light that was written about here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6788 has returned.... I am once again seeing a small but very bright light everywhere I look (with the eyes open).

Anyways, I don't really have any questions with regards to this, I know I have to pace myself big time right now, I just wanted to share what is happening here.

Love!

Oh yeah....I also fried my phone and my laptop again....bummer

Cool Carson! Welcome to full on k energy!

I would def follow your own advice there and self pace like its your job... if you can't sleep still a couple beers will knock down the energy level temporarily.

I find walking to be quite helpful too... especially in nature, i don't know where you live but if there is a big forested park or something, spending some time will do wonders.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000