New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Corinna

No offence taken

You may want to give a read through of this lesson here: http://www.aypsite.org/378.html

Love!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  3:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Corinna and Carson:

You are both right.

There is a distinction to be made between breathing practices (and breath suspension) without deep meditation, and breathing practices with deep meditation. That is not with the two performed at the same time, but in sequence in the same sittings, with the greatest spiritual results found through consistent daily practice over time.

This distinction may account for the relaxation effects of breathing techniques (with or without suspension) when practiced alone, versus the powerful kundalini awakening affects of similar methods when used (with mudras, bandhas, etc.) in a routine that includes deep meditation. It also may account for why breathing techniques used alone, while helpful for relaxation, are not very progressive as spiritual practice.

As we have discussed in the lessons, pranayama prepares (relaxes) the inner soil of the nervous system so the seed of inner silence may sprout from it. Obviously, both the cultivated soil and the seed must be present for this to occur. Likewise, when inner silence is rising as a result of deep meditation, the soil of the nervous system becomes much more porous (activated), giving rise to the prana-compensating-for-oxygen-deficit dynamic in pranayama referred to by Carson, which is at the heart of the systematic cultivation of ecstatic conductivity (kundalini) through the breath. In the case where pranayama and deep meditation are well-integrated in the practice routine, excessive pranayama (especially with breath suspension) can lead to energy overloads, often coming as a delayed effect, days or weeks after the overdoing occurred.

There are many here who can verify this dynamic. It is part of why we put so much emphasis on self-pacing of practices in the AYP approach, and also why we have relatively few kundalini crises occurring here. Hence Carson's sensitivity on breath suspension practice. Breath suspension for some may not be the same as breath suspension for others, depending on the degree of resident sensitivity (conductivity) cultivated in the nervous system.

The idea is to stimulate maximum progress with minimum discomfort. It seems to be working.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarification Yogani!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  12:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I was reading through out the answers and got really interested in finding more about the doshas and the diet appropriate to the type of dosha one can be.
Can you please guide me to the web page where I can find the test with the help of which I can determine my type so this can help observe a diet appropriate for me?
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  12:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi denislav12

Here is a link to a 2 part online dosha quiz: http://store.chopra.com/dosha-surve...nV5wodJg6syg

Love!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1538 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  01:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Corinna

The problem is that many people use still meditation to 'suppress' emotions. They use it as a tranquillizer instead of an awakening tool. Being around the 'spiritual block' a few times I've seen it very often.

I think I will open another threat about hightened emotions and see what other people think.

Hi Corinna
I was reading up on this thread as I have been experiencing hot flashes of kundalini over the weekend and came across this very interesting statement. Grateful if you could elaborate and how can you tell if that is happening?

Thks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000